Start by marking “The Billionaire's Black Book (Newport Billionaires, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Billionaire's Black Book (Newport Billionaires, #1)

The Billionaire's Black Book

(Newport Billionaires #1)

She's been sent into the lair of the beast...
Newspaper writer Bonnie Hamelin has just been handed a dream assignment from her senior editor—an exclusive interview with billionaire author Jack R. R. Bestia, whose hugely popular fantasy series has been made into a hit cable show adored by millions of fans worldwide.

Correction—it should be a dream assignment, but for Bonnie,
Published July 28th 2019 by Oxford South Press

To ask other readers questions about The Billionaire's Black Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Billionaire's Black Book

Jenny
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I look forward to reading Hunter’s story next.
Victoria - txreadingnook
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jack is an author and trying to finish the last book in a 7 book series . He had developed writers block . His publisher is forcing him to do an interview with a reporter from NewYork named Bonnie . He is not going make this easy for the reporter . Get his butler to spend time with her to make the two hours past by fast . He is down right rude to her .He says , he is sorry but that he still does not trust her and he made her sign a contract to not tell anything that he did not agree to . The two ...more
Victoria Jones
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever stated reading a book then 5 hours later you realize that your starving because you haven’t been able to take your eyes off that book long enough to eat? This is that book! This might be a retell of Beauty and the Beast, but it is so much more. The characters all flow together and keep you pulled in. Bonnie is a carefree spirit that gets the chance of a lifetime time to interview her favorite author Jack Bestia. Turns out Jack has some beastly habits that need a tender heart to bre ...more
Sandra
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, for Jack is definitely that! So obnoxious & jaded by a past relationship, also the fact he is suffering from writers block due to his exes actions.
Bonnie, a writer come reporter is a fan & had a real fan moment at a book signing. Years later she interviews him for her paper. Then the fun starts as he's a total 'b' to her. Trying to make amends he allows a further interview but that leads to a disastrous situation for Bonnie.
I won't divulge any
Rebecca Pierson
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review of this book, so here it goes...
I have to start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of billionaire romances. They are, in my opinion, an over written genre and they tend to be way over the top!
That said, I honestly enjoyed this book. It's a retelling of the classic fairy tales. I really appreciate the world building that Amy does in all of her books/stories and I half expected some of the characters from her other books to jump in and "save the day" in the fa
Lisa
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Beauty and the Beast, and this retelling was wonderful. If you're not into fairy tales, you can read it as just a romance. I enjoyed the connections from the housekeeper Mrs. Potts, to Jack's last name, to the father who depended on Bonnie, and to Bonnie's having to stay at Jack's home for an extended time. I found both main characters to be likable and easy to relate to. The plot has some twists and turns, and there's a perfect HEA. I like the writing style of Amy Deluca and am looking f ...more
Shanna D
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Billionaire’s Black Book by Amy Deluca. (Newport Billionaires Book 1) I thought this book was good. I love basically any retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It is well written and very entertaining. The author does a great job keeping you vested in the story and outcomes. This book is filled with a good mix of drama, personal conflicts and sexy scenes of course my favorite the HEA. I would recommend this book and author to others. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volu ...more
Jo
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yep, this is a Beauty and the Beast re-telling for the modern age.  Wait - don't roll your eyes - this is delivered with style, emotion and humour, and I loved it.

There are no sex scenes here, (though there is palpable chemistry), so the focus is very definitely on the relationship development outside the bedroom, and the story telling is strong in that regard.

There was a real pull for me with these two - almost to the point of butterflies.

I can't wait to see what else is to come from this seri
Lisa
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really like Bonnie in this book. Her story is well thought out and very sweet. She is an optimist who takes a plunge into a bout of pessimism. But overall she seems happy. Jack is beastly but carries a lot of baggage. I like both characters a lot and all of their supporting cast. I enjoy the funny and the little bit of steam. The writing is very good, well paced a d has depth.

Rebecca
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love fairytale retellings and this Beauty and the Beast retelling did not disappoint. I loved Bonnie and Jack! Jack may have been “beastly” but getting his POV really made me love him. It was a bit predictable, but what retelling isn’t? It was a fun, sweet romance. If you like retellings or hallmark movies, you will love this book. I will definitely be reading Hunter’s story when it comes out!
poppy
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
For me this was a must-read book not only was a really great book but it covers two of my favorite tropes as I am a sucker for a good retelling of beauty and the beast and a good billionaire romance. I was hooked from the first couple of chapters and ended up reading this in one sitting. It is the first book in the series and I will definitely be checking out the rest of the series.
Geraldine Streit
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
That’s a really good retelling of the beauty and the beast. The adaptation work perfectly and no so subtil reference to game of thrones put it in our time without any trouble. I would have like have few racy part because it’s really sweet but overhaul i really enjoyed it.

Lisa Koetsch
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC received. This is a fabulous modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I got a kick out of the housekeeper being named Mrs. Potts. Beauty & the Beast is one of my favorite fairytales & this version & this one didn’t disappoint. Looking forward to the next Billionaire book in the series.
Trisha Copeland
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely LOVED this book! I felt like I could really connect with the characters and enjoyed the retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Bonnie and Jack are forced to spend time together in his Newport, RI mansion. Watch as each of them discover the truth within themselves.
Lara
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I’ll be looking for more books from this author. I enjoyed the fairytale retelling, the sweet and clean romance, the great characters, and of course the happy ending! I recommend it!

abbey hawkins
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent retelling. Was witty and relatable without it being cheesey. The GOT vibe of Jack's books made my inner scifi/fantasy geek very happy! The love story between jack and bonnie is so precious it made me want to swoon at the end. Good job Amy!
Lynn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
An adult fairytale that is much more. Enjoy this writers work very much. Loved the characters and flow of the story

Heather Wamboldt
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this retelling of Beauty and the Beast and love that the author included Mrs. Potts. This story was done in a very interesting way and the characters are wonderful.

Nellie Neves
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

I really enjoyed Bonnie’s character and the nods to the original story as well as the world of publishing. It has a slow burn beginning. Stick with it and it’ll get there. Sweet, innocent story with good morals.
desiree
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing book as always with Amy!!! It was exciting and sweet and a great read! I really enjoy being in the male POV they are so real and funny. Thank you for another amazing book Amy!!
D'anah
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

A good retelling of the Beauty & the Beast story. I like writer stories. This one is well done, with plenty of ups and downs to keep you engaged.
Deanna
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I was truly captivated from beginning to end. And I was left wanting more.

Never read any of this authors books before but this one is the 1st of many more I look forward to reading.

Paula
Aug 18, 2019
Tan Jiayi
rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2019
Amy DeLuca has been writing professionally since college graduation, working as a television news anchor and reporter for twelve years in four different states-- Mississippi, Tennessee, California, and Rhode Island. Then she retired from writing true stories and started making them up. Hers have way more kissing.

Amy is a member of RWA, YARWA, The Golden Network, and has been honored numerous time

Newport Billionaires (3 books)
  • The Billionaire's White Lie (Newport Billionaires, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Blue Blood (Newport Billionaires, #3)