Start by marking “A Temptress in Tartan (All the King's Men Book 3)” as Want to Read:
A Temptress in Tartan (All the King's Men Book 3)

A Temptress in Tartan

(All the King's Men #3)

Can two sworn enemies run from a fate that was thrust upon them…or surrender to each other?

Lachlan Douglas’ hatred for the Ruthvens was born when he was a lad of seven, the day that clan murdered his mother and father. They took everything from him without mercy, leaving him with nothing but a heart of stone. Now, one of King James VI’s mightiest warriors, Lachlan wreaks
Kindle Edition
Published August 6th 2019 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Temptress in Tartan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Temptress in Tartan

Nen & Jen
“How did two people whose lives up to this point had been filled with trauma and pain find a way to each other when everything around them conspired against them?”

This was an entertaining and surprisingly educational read! Set in the Scottish historical period of the witch trials, the story followed Elizabeth Ruthvel and Lachlan Douglas in an arranged marriage trope that hoped to end the feud that had been escalating between their clans for decades.

“The hatred between their two families ran too
Niki
Laird Lachlan Douglas and the rest of his clan have hated the Ruthven clan since they murdered his parents and left him with nothing but a hardened heart. Now he's one of King James VI's top warriors and lives for battle. But when the Ruthvens stir up trouble once more for his clan and King James, the king comes up with his own solution to end the ongoing feud: Lachlan will marry the Ruthven laird's daughter, Elizabeth.

Unfortunately, Elizabeth is less than willing to marry her enemy and would ra
romancejunkie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
A very well writen story about two sworn enemies who are forced into a marriage they never wanted.
As they began knowing each other better they fall hopelessly in love, but to have a happy marriage with the peace they want they have to work to end the tremendous rift that exists between their families once and for all.
I adore how this couple feel in love, i truly did and i thought this book to be pretty entertaing the only thing i have to warn is that this is not totally a safe read, this ha
Lori D
Scotland 1592 An arranged marriage by decree of the King, Elizabeth Ruthvan could only feel sadness and fear. The man she was to marry was none other than Lachland Douglas, one of her clans sworn enemies. The King thought to bring a truce between their waring clans?
This story was so enjoyable with the author's words that brought the characters alive and this period in history that was very stressful. They were killing people they thought were witches or warlochs and it was truly scary. With the
Mermaid Momma
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mortal enemies, kilts, and witchcraft? Oh my!

This book is the third installment of Gerri Russell's All the King's Men series but the first I have read, which I plan on changing really soon. The book begins with a marriage arranged by King James between members of two feuding clans, the Douglas and Ruthvens, in hopes of creating a truce. Perfect plan, right? Would could possibly go wrong?

Russell draws you into her world by creating characters with heart and of course sex appeal, this is a histor
🌈⭐️RoseOfRainbows⭐️🌈💕
I loved the scenery. Perfect time period for this type of romance. Loved the detailed descriptions. However, didn’t love the historical language and as someone who’s usually a fan of historical fiction it irked me slightly. I did love the careful attention to details when it came to the historical details was very nice though. As for the plot line, it was good but not for me. I did really like that he kept her “virtue” in tact until she wished for it not be. But I didn’t like how Elizabeth was s ...more
Barbee

Heat Rating: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Overall Rating: 5 Stars and 5 Kilts

Scotland, 1592
Summer, Falkland Palace

Elizabeth Ruthven had just gotten news she was to marry her clan’s deepest darkest enemy to a hated Douglas. As King James and Queen Anne felt this was the best way to force a
Kathy
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What are the necessary ingredients for a successful and happy marriage? Love? Mutual attraction? King James VI’s orders? Certainly not the third, or is it?

The Douglas and Ruthven clans have been at war for nearly the entire lives of both Lachlan Douglas and Elizabeth Ruthven and for good reason. The Ruthven clan killed both of Lachlan’s parents when he was a lad of just seven. The King had grown weary of the feuding between the two clans and ordered Lachlan to be married to Elizabeth. The weddin
Shelagh
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Temptress in Tartan, third in author Gerri Russell’s All The King’s Men series, is set in sixteenth century Scotland during the reign of King James I. While it is part of a series it stands alone well.
This story has a bit of a Romeo and Juliet theme to it as warrior Lachlan Douglas is forced to marry Elizabeth Ruthven, the daughter of his sworn enemy in a bid to bring a halt to the longstanding feud between these two clans.
The plot was well developed with enough twists and turns to keep me t
Candy Briggs
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Ruthven was being forced to marry a Douglas. They had an ongoing feud for about twenty years. The King and Queen of Scotland wanted the feud stopped and this was the only they could think to do it,
Lachlan Douglas was the Laird of Clan Douglas, he also wanted to stop the feud. But they both had reasons to hate each other. The Ruthven's had killed Lachlan's mother and father and it was believed that Lachlan had killed Elizabeth's mother.
A complicated story, There are witches and tortur
Paula
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Temptress in Tartan is another strong heroine story that takes place in the time of King James VI reign. It is the third in Gerri Russell’s All the Kings Men Series. A family enemy to peace offering to love story with the couple fighting all the way to their happily ever after.

This well-written story is another reminder of how difficult life could be for women. At times, Elizabeth wants revenge when perhaps forgiveness and becoming the peacemaker would be better. Witch accusations are part of
Petula
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth Ruthven is being forced by the King to marry her clan's most hated enemy to try and create peace.  She would rather die than give herself to such a monster.
Lachlan Douglas is one of the King's bodyguards and as a reward he has been given lands and a title.  The only problem is the family of the bride that comes with it.
This is a difficult time in the kingdom when the witch hunters are powerful and anyone can accuse a neighbour just to get rid of them.
Our characters have a dangero
Mary Jo
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Temptress in Tartan is the 3rd book in this series. However you do not need to read the first or second to know what is going on. this book has no trouble standing alone. Its about two mortal enemies who are forced to marry each other and their journey in them falling in love. This book is a page turner and you won't be able to put it down. The author has a way to catch your interest immediately and just make you want to read more and more. As usual with her books I am always sad they end. Thi ...more
Dionne Bell Miller
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lissanne Daamen
Pleasant read, but I think I would've loved to have read some more Scottish accents ;)
I also think not much happened in the book, which technically wasn't necessary, but I think I would've liked to have seen some more action.
Historical Junkie
This book was so good! It kept me on the edge of my seat and completely glued to see what the whole outcome would be. I was completely mesmerized.
It’s a first class roller coaster ride that kept me on the edge of my seat and my nose in the book. This story is full of angst, betrayal and deception.
Elizabeth and Lachlan were such great characters. I connected with them early on and pulled for them till the last page. Even though they go through hell and back, they persevere.
Grab a bottle of wine
Barbara
Sep 05, 2019
N.N. Light
Aug 09, 2019
Tamra LeValley
rated it did not like it
Aug 07, 2019
Antoinette Brnich
Sep 12, 2019
Judy Pulczinski
Sep 18, 2019
Gerri Russell is the award-winning author of historical and contemporary novels including the Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars series and Flirting with Felicity. A two-time recipient of the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart Award and winner of the American Title II competition sponsored by RT Book Reviews magazine, she is best known for her adventurous and emotionally intense novels se ...more

All the King's Men (3 books)
  • Seven Nights with a Scot (All The King’s Men, #1)
  • Romancing the Laird (All the King's Men, #2)