Start by marking “The Complete Captive Heart Duet (Captive Heart, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Complete Captive Heart Duet (Captive Heart, #1-2)

The Complete Captive Heart Duet (Captive Heart, #1-2)

Charlotte never thought she’d be staring down the barrel of a gun when she walked into her thankless bank job. Especially one that is held by her childhood neighbor and the boy who broke her young heart, Tucker. And the last thing she expected was to become his hostage. What ensues is a story of heartbreak, recovery, passion, and prevailing through it all to save the love ...more
390 pages
Published August 15th 2019 (first published August 12th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Captive Heart Duet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Captive Heart Duet

Meredith
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Aarons delivers a completely different and exceptionally unique story-line in her new duet, The Complete Captive Heart. This duet was unlike anything we have ever read from this author before. It was thought provoking, captivating, well written and had me hooked from beginning to end.

In Lost, we meet Tucker, who isn't the same beautiful poster boy that he once was. He is a dirty, homeless addict that has reached rock bottom and because of this, he is on the lam with Charlotte, who is a gi
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A duet that captures and captivates. This isn’t Carrie Aarons usual brand of romance but I loved that. It’s so much darker and grittier than what you might expect but with a unique love that prevails against the odds, it’s an absolute must read. This story is not pretty by any means. It’s bold and suspenseful, it’s tragic and passionate. It’s a rollercoaster ride!

These two stories follow unique circumstances these two characters find themselves in. They are stories of self-discovery, searching t
Shirley Cuypers
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, arc-beta, 2019
Original review

This book was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Carrie Aarons!

The Complete Captive Heart Duet
contains book 1 and 2, Lost and Found, in the Captive Heart series and tells the story of Charlotte and Tucker.

First I’d like to start my review with my ratings for both books:

Lost: 4.5/5
Found: 5/5
Total: 4.75/5

Let’s talk about those books. I really liked this duet because it isn’t your average Romance story. This story talks about addiction, dealing with p
Athena
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost (Captive Hearts, Book 1)

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

The first book in the Captive Hearts Duet is Lost. This is a lot darker than what I’m used to from Carrie Aarons, but I can easily say that I enjoyed it immensely! It’s borderline Stockholm Syndrome, but with a special twist.

We see glimpses of Charlotte and Tucker’s past memories of their childhood crush, teenage heartbreak to the present, where they meet again under a situation that puts both of them in a bad predicament. While on the run we see how th
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING STARS!! Char and Tucker have know each other since kids....these two find different lives, but things change that brings them back together. I freaking loved this book, it touched all my feels and gave me tingles. This author definitely know how to suck us readers into her story land and never let us out. I need the next book...now.

Wow...What a ending!! I absolutely loved this book and duet. Char and Tucker will be engraved on my heart forever. You definitely need to read book 1 before
Lindsey (Linz Readz)
Shelves: arc, kindle
I absolutely loved this duet!

I couldn’t put this story down! I found every possible moment in my day to be able to fit in as much reading as I could. This story is a bit darker than the other books I’ve read by this author and I couldn’t get enough! Read this duet!

LOST

Holy cow! The first half of this duet was so dang good. It stole my attention from the very get go! I’m so in love with Charlotte and Tucker! Their pasts are anything but easy and their present is down right terrible but watching t
Avidez Literaria
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Tucker?”
“It’s me, Charlotte. Charlotte Morsey.”

Previously released separately, Lost and Found gained new covers and are now part of a box that brings together the two volumes of the duet.

Lost

“Well, whatever. Anyway, I’m thankful for you. You found me when no one else was even looking. You took this lost shell of a man and fixed me. You returned me to how I used to be, only a better version of the old me. I only have you to thank. And I’m so fucking thankful for that.”

Charlotte would never have
FunUndertheCovers
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A duet that is sure to capture your heart! This isn’t Carrie’s usual type of romance story, but I know you’ll love it. It’s darker than what you might expect her to write, but with a love that prevails against the odds, it’s a must read. This story is not pretty...it’s bold and suspenseful, it’s tragic and oh so passionate...hang on, it’s quite the ride!

ABookLover73
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, arc
Five stars for Charlotte and Tucker 💙!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This duet is something different from the books I've read before, written by Carrie Aarons and I have to admit that this just shows how amazing writer is Carrie 😄.

"Captive Heart Duet" isn't typical romance duet.

No, these two books are more as a real-life love story where everything slowly going apart but then when there is no hope for any happy ending, it starts lighting a little light as a reminder that maybe there is still the chance for love.

That th
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
🔹 LOST
4.5 Stars

Lost is the first book in the Captive Heart Series and what a way to start. This is definitely not your ordinary love story. It is however about second chances and figuring out what two people truly want out of life.

Charlotte has a very mundane kind of life. She is a twenty-five year old credit analyst that goes through the motions. Always has. She grew up doing what she was expected and hated it. The only thing she loved growing up was her books and the boy next door. She could
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
4 1/2 Stars!

I read these books when they were originally released back in 2016. Below are my reviews that I posted at that time.

LOST

I received an advanced copy of this book with the promise of an honest review.

Gah! This book started with a "Whaaat?" and ended with a "Nooooooooooo!" I'm not sure how to review this book because I don't want to give too much away, but I will do my best.

Growing up, Tucker was Charlotte's next door neighbor, but they never really talked. It was more like mutual ad
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
****** LOST ******

I am at a loss of words over Lost. This book is so different from any of Carrie’s other books, I was taken by surprise. I don’t even read her blurbs about her books, I know I’ll like them but this one, this one, was different. It was absolutely amazing. This is a book that’s going to earn her “Best Selling Author” on the front of her books!!

I love, LOVE, how she takes a topic no one wants to talk about and she just ran it over with her wit and humor! I’m not sure she could deve
Suzanne
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One thing I can say about this duet is that I devoured it in one sitting. I honestly could not put it down at all. The concept of this story blew me away. The heartbreak, the passion and finding yourself again. The connection that Charlotte and Tucker have is one of a kind. This story takes you for a loop right from the start and tumbles into an epic tale of romance that should not really happen but the fact you cannot help who you love regardless of the circumstances of getting there.
In Lost, y
Rose David
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a struggle. I love second chance romance and character redemption. But I completely struggled to accept this second chance as a true romance. The writing is beautiful as all of Carrie’s books are, but the subject matter really turned me off.

Lost starts with Char - a typical woman trying to live the life her family (insert mother) wanted her to live. In her boring in and out life she was kidnapped at her place of employment by a man she used to love. Maybe love...

Tucker had that st
Lisa
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This recovered duet is a bit more gritty than Aarons usual stories.

Lost

Tucker and Charlotte are neighbors with different but equally crap parents forcing warped expectations that cause more harm than good. As kids they are secret friends and more, much to Char's dismay as they age. A series of unfortunate events brings them back together when neither of them have much of a life, but choices, need and rekindled attraction keep them together while they are in hiding. It's told in the present with
Emily Goodman
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carrie Aaron's creates a unique story line with her new duet, The Complete Captive Heart. Based on the synopsis, you'd think this was a classic tale of Stockholm syndrome where the girl falls desperately in love with her captor. However, Aaron delivers a completely different and unique spin with Lost and Found.

In Lost, we start at the beginning of Char and Tucker. Two childhood acquaintances who come to find peace together escaping the horrible homes they both live in. While neither home is out
Jen
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The duet is composed of two books, Lost and Found, with the former focusing on events during and after the robbery and the latter focusing on everything thereafter. There are flashbacks with regards to Charlotte and Tucker's shared past, giving readers a better idea of how their connection began, flourished somewhat, and then unceremoniously ended as teenagers. I'm going to be perfectly honest and admit that I liked the first book a smidgen more than I did the second one. There was a great deal ...more
Stacie Redinger
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This duet was simply amazing. These two books aren’t typical of what Carrie Aaron’s usually writes, and I think that is what kept me on the edge of my seat. Don’t get me wrong, I seriously love every single one of Carrie’s books, they are beautifully written, and the romance is swoon worthy. This duet is grittier, there is more suspense, and some tragedy in these two books. This duet is a prime example of love winning in the end, but the journey to get to that point isn’t always the prettiest or ...more
Clare Harrison
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lost:-

One mistake is all it takes. An unlocked bank door on a quiet currently unoccupied street is a lottery ticket to him.

A gun, a desperate need and the impending dreaded withdrawal symptoms compel him. His actions that of a despicable person.

She knows him, he was her teenage crush! he cant deny who she is. She was the unpopular friendless daughter that lived across the road.

Now she is his captive! Stolen from her life and returned to his world. A very different one this time though.

Found:-

T
Charlene
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This may not be Carrie Aarons usual type of romance story, but I absolutely loved it. It’s not pretty...it’s bold and suspenseful, it’s tragic and oh so passionate...hang on, it’s quite the ride!

Lost

I knew right from the beginning, right from the gripping prologue, that this book was going to be different. Charlotte and Tucker...both lost, but in very different ways. He's a street-wise drug addict, a criminal stealing to get his next fix, while she's a goody-goody, a bookworm whose life is predi
Renee

Lost:
We knew each other a lifetime ago. And then..We lost childhoods. We lost opportunities We lost love. Fate is giving us another chance. But a chance at what? Because even though we've been brought back to each other under the worst of circumstances...We are still. So. Lost.

Found:
We found each other where no else could. Found a purpose. Found ourselves. Found love. Again. But then life got in the
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The complete duet!  No waiting for the next installment!

This is the story of Charlotte and Tucker. They have a long and sordid history, both have scars from their childhoods and they find solace with each other.  But social and peer pressure makes their friendship a secret and it made me sad.

Charlotte, oh my, I could so empathize with her.  Her childhood is a hot mess with a demanding mother.  Her tenuous friendship with Tucker is the only shining thing for her.  She takes the scraps that Tuck
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Lost - Carrie Aarons - This book had me breathless and wanting more - good thing I had book 2 in the series to fall right into. I found this book to have loads of suspense, plenty of angst, the characters had grit and determination and the plot - literally had me ignoring my family to finish. Char and Tucker had a love/hate relationship from the age of 7 and with one wrong decision they are thrown together only to end up as soulmates. But when the law is involved all bets are off. Carrie Aarons ...more
Loredana
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid 4.5 stars

Thank goodness it's a duet because if I had had to wait with this cliff hanger? Carrie Aarons might have gotten some mean message about how upset the first book left me! This is definitely darker and more gritty that her other novels, but even in this setting, she brings her trademark angst, heartache, love, and chemistry.

I had a bit of a difficult time with Tucker in the first book. In this stage of his life, he was not self aware and still hiding in the vestiges of being a gold
Lauren Lascola-Lesczynski
LOST
Ahhhhhhnthis book gave me all the feels!!!!!!!! I dare you to not fall in love with Tucker by the end of this book. Char is such a kind and caring person that she had no choice but to give her whole heart to Tuck......again! The way he evolved and fought to get himself together made me love him even more. This was a perfect story about life, struggle, and love. I can not wait to read the next book to find out what is going to happen. I don't know that I can wait!!
#Tuck&Char

FOUND
Awwwwww
Booked  Every Night
Not the type of story I have read by this author before. This story was darker, grittier and more intense than anything I have read from Carrie Aarons. It showed a completely different side to her writing and I hope she chooses to write more like this duet. I really enjoyed diving into this side of her.

This is a romance book, just not what I was expecting. It is about second chances and two people on a journey of finding themselves after finding each other. Charlotte and Tucker go way back but
Ga Books LoverX
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love that this duet was released together. My biggest struggle with duets is wanting the ending RIGHT away after reading the first book, and especially with the way that Lost ends, you need to be Found right away! Carrie Aarons blows me away as a writer, but she totally outdid herself with this one!

Right away we are thrown right into the story from the very first chapter that is set at a great pace (which is super important to me) of moving fast but precise. We find out through LOST
Kari Hansen
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost – Charlotte is the good girl who has never broken any rules. She lives vicariously through the books she reads until the day that she goes to her secure yet boring job at the bank when a robbery turns her whole life upside down. It was not being the victim of a crime but rather the man who was committing the crime, her childhood friend and crush Tucker. Tucker finds himself in a downward spiral with no way out and he needs money so robbing the bank seemed like the solution, but abducting Ch ...more
Kari
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unique. Touching. Real. Those are probably my top three words to described this duet. It was truly something else. I'll be honest I wasn't sure I would really like the storyline, but I'm glad I read it. It was truly amazing!!

Charlotte is a very quiet girl, always known as a do-gooder. When she goes into work one morning she finds that her whole life is going to change. Based on the circumstances you would think it wouldn't be for the best, but it turns out to be that way.

Tucker has lost it. Lost
Svenja Hartmann
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not Carrie Aaron's usual style - but good either way 🤩
This is a book duet which includes the first and second book in the captive heart series - lost and found.
These are such good titles because that's just what I felt when I read this book duet 😳😏

The book features a story between Charlotte and Tucker. A very uncontroversial story.
Tucker is not the boy he once was and aged a hard way - not your usual book hero. And Charlotte sometimes comes off as helpless.
But their chemistry and relationship
« previous 1 3 next »
Author of romance novels such as The Tenth Girl and Privileged, Carrie Aarons writes books that are just as swoon-worthy as they are sarcastic. A former journalist, she prefers the love stories of her imagination, and the athleisure dress code, much better.

When she isn't writing, Carrie is busy binging reality TV, having a love/hate relationship with cardio, and trying not to burn dinner. She live