Start by marking “Fight for You (A Warrior for Her, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fight for You (A Warrior for Her, #1)

Fight for You

(A Warrior for Her #1)

Some men deserve redemption. Some men are worthy of salvation. I'm not one of them. My name is Michael Kincaid, and I've got so much blood on my hands, I'll never wash clean.

For ten years, I've tried to outrun my gangbanger past by burying myself in my work with the DEA. I've tried like hell to forget the day I damned my soul and lost everything…my family, my home, and th
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fight for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight for You

Start your review of Fight for You (A Warrior for Her, #1)
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 ❤❤❤❤✨✨✨✨s

I didn’t expect to be so overwhelmed with this story.
The journey of Titan, January and Cade was very emotional and heartbreaking yet raw and tough.
The author’s writing was gripping and totally arrested my interest and the characters were developed with depth.
This story was full love, hope, friendship, strength, loss, and redemption.
It was a great book!!!
Ana Laura Crispim
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Michael and January sets this story on fire. He is trying to out run his demons but when his past comes calling, he has no choice but to answer the call and boy does he do it in a glorious way! Michael and January's love and loyalty to each other is touching and goes to show that fate always plays its role flawlessly. This is an emotional challenging story that will touch your heart and have you backing Michael and January as they fight their enemy and settle their past to forge a future togethe ...more
poppy
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
This is a must-read I just did not want to stop reading you just cannot help but feel for Cade and January they have both been through so much. I love a good second chance romance and this one was really good get comfy because once you start you won't want to put it down.
Jennifer Hinson
"Yeah, baby girl, I'm a cop. Too damned bad it doesn't change a fucking thing. I'm still the monster at the end of this book. Only this one doesn't end happy like the storybook I used to read you, sweetheart. Not for me and not for you either."

This is another author that looks familiar, but I'm not totally sure if I've read anything prior to now. Regardless, between the hottie on the cover and the blurb, I couldn't deny it snagged my attention. I'm usually into the guys on the other side of the crimin
Reg Hancock
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Although this is the first in a series of romances with law enforcement figures it is also a continuation of the previous series which took place mostly in Seattle and Washington but ended in Los Angeles when Tristan Riley and Michael Kincaid, DEA agents took down a deadly drug gang and rescued Tristan's girlfriend the prima ballerina Lillian. Now Michael has his own past to retrieve and this highly tattooed scary looking yet handsome blonde 6'4" loner who tears up fearsome gangs and eats them f ...more
Jolanda Gelissen
In this first book of a new series, Michael Kincaid finally gets to tell his story. He was a supporting character in the Teplo series, proving to be a good agent and loyal friend. In this book, he takes main stage, but the characters from the Teplo series make noted appearances as well, tying the series together. However, you won’t necessarily have to have read the previous series to appreciate this book, as the story stands on its own.

The story alternates between present time and fl
R Huiszoon
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ayden K. Morgen, ‘Fight for you’, a Warrior for Her, book 1.

As an ARC reader I received this book for free. And promised an honest review. Here it is. English isn’t my first language. Sorry for errors.

Rating: 4 (out of 5 stars).

In general: From protective best kid/friend to adult guardian/lover.

The main characters in this book are Michael Kincaid ‘Cade’ and the ‘girl next door’ January James (+ her brother Titan).
Cade’s father left his mom before
Babel
Gritty and passionate second chance romance.

This is a tale where tragedy and loss break up two lovers who can’t even imagine being with anyone else. Fate plays a twisted hand when they are thrown back together to fight for a new chance at happiness.
Told in two points of view and two different timelines, the plot merges criminal gangs, overrun neighbourhoods, sweethearts since childhood, guilt and death and unbreakable love.

I loved the chapters where Kincaid and January are kids, th
The Romance Enthusiast (Ruby)
Fight For You is a MUST READ book because of hero himself. Michael is a DON'T MISS hero. This is my fourth book I've read from Ayden and I can say that this is without a doubt my favorite one so far. There's also the fact that Ayden has given her works cameos from her other series. But you don't necessarily have to read those books but it helps with the overall story.

Story begins when Michael “Cade” Kincaid comes back to his hometown of Los Angeles, to the neighborhood he grew up in. All is not well becau
Juliana Ignácio
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read by Ayden K. Morgen and I was positively surprised by the story. The plot is engaging and the characters are very well written.
When little Michael Kincaid loses his mother, he didn't expect that as he moved with sweet Ma Rose, his life and destiny would change forever. He soon befriends Titan, and as soon as he lays eyes on his younger sister, January, their fates are traced and intertwined forever.
The neighborhood they live in is not the best, with their
Angie Barnes
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ayden K. Morgen has written a book about January and Cade. Cade fell in love with January when he met her and she had a thing for him. When they got older they became a couple and were fine until something happened to cause the deaths of her mom and brother. January blames Cade and he blames himself. He leaves town and now 10 yrs later he is back. Cade finds out that January is in a little trouble with a local gang. He is going to do everything he can to protect her. The chemistry between them i ...more
Shontell Walker
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
On my goodness when i tell you i was on the edge of my seat throughout the entire book.
Full disclosure I was selected to read an early copy of this book for my first review and I'm excited as heck to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.
We meet Michael, Titan, and January. First intro to Michael and get his background, don't want to give spoilers, if possible. Then Titan, who is the older brother to January. Each have had a trying upbringing; however they were blessed with love throughout as well. Mich
Christina
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've read a couple of this author's books, and I hoped this one would not disappoint. It didn't. Other reviews will give you a plot summary - here's what I want to know about a book in a review: Ayden Morgan has a good command of the language. Her dialogue is believable, and emotional scenes are well written and not annoyingly over the top. This book is well edited and there are no glaring grammar issues! I normally will read while half paying attention to a ballgame on the television - this boo ...more
Jeanne McDonald
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Raw. Gritty. Amazing!

As always, Ayden blows us away with her cutting edge, honest, emotion-driven novel. You feel the constant pain, pull and tug of each through each character as they rediscover a love that was so remarkable that they can't seem to escape no matter how long, how far, or how much has happened between them. I'm a huge fan of second chance romances, and this one pulls at every heartstring imaginable.

By the end of the book, I was both defeated and uplifted. I didn't wa
Angie Salisbury
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and could not put it down. It's a page-turner, for sure. From the very beginning, Morgen draws you into the world of January and Michael. Often flawed, sometimes tender, but above all, intense. There's no mistaking the tough world they live in, facing demons in their neighborhood, their past and in their heads. But their destiny draws them back, always back. Through carefully detailed back stories, the reader is drawn into the history and the present.
While there are references
KL Cassanello
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read from this author, and apparently I've been missing a great opportunity. Cade and January grow up in the same crime-ridden neighborhood, where gangs have taken hold. They have been in love with each other for as long as either of them can remember. Circumstances have kept them apart for years. Until he shows up to help take back the neighborhood, a dirty, gritty job. This is such a great book - strong, compelling characters who belong together, and finally get their second c ...more
Chelsea
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow… this book was intense. The romance was hot and heavy and soooo steamy. The story line was amazing. It was full of realistic action and adventure, with twists and turns at every corner. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, I found out I didn’t… and I love that in a book. I will give a forewarning for anyone wanting to read this: it does have a LOT of cursing. I don’t mind it, especially since the cursing fell in line with the character’s personality (but I know some people do) . Al ...more
Debra Richardson
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is a fantastic, gritty, and engaging read! The storyline is consistent and realistic. It is well written, emotionally deep, and action-packed with suspense, twists, drama, emotions, danger, passion, humour, and so much more. The characters are very strong and deep and you will love and root for them. This story is guaranteed to pull you in and grab hold of your interest from start to finish. Strongly recommended.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am volu
Vinessa Wooten
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
January and Kincaid get a second chance maybe.
This book has flashbacks of a better time and the worst of times.
A childhood love story turned tragic.
Guilt and shame tore them apart.
Years later maybe they have a second chance Kincaid just has to keep January safe, explain the truth and hope for forgiveness. With a dual POV.
Fighting for love, life, forgiveness and a HEA.
Crime and gangs closing in.
Angie
Oct 26, 2019 added it
So much emotion

This book is filled with emotion, to the point that the reader feels so many of the things January and Michael go through. The ups and downs are realistic and quite scary. There were many times that I'd felt the same thing or something similar had happened to me, especially toward the end, when January had gone a step-down. If you can handle very emotional reads, I recommend you jump into this book immediately!!
Donna
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I guess what impressed me the most was the wonderful love between Cade and January ever since she was 4 years old! I have rarely been touched by such a long term faithful love. The tension in the guilt they both felt about a death in the past also brought a lot of personal drama, until they could resolve their inner issues. And the dramatic ending was thrilling! I highly recommend this book!

Kristina
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Fantastic story. I loved this book from the start, its broken my heart places and warmed it in others. Cade and January's story is intene and Ayden K Morgen tells it brilliantly, flipping between how their childhood and thier lives now.

I cried, I laughed, I smiled and I cheered as I read 'Fight for You'. Its definately worth reading.
Maja
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from this author and it's a very powerful story that pulls you in from the start. At the beginning you feel sorry for Michael, but then, when he gets older, makes friends, you cannot help but hope for his happy ever after.

KReader
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really wish I had more stars to award this book! I have been waiting for Michael's book since I read him in the Teplo Trilogy and this book did not disappoint. He and January are everything a reader could ask for.

I read a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving my review.
Sharon
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Coming soon!
Ewa
What I can say?
Beautiful written story. It is very emotional with interesting storyline.
It is hart breaker and it made me cry.
Definitely enjoy reading and highly recommending
Gillian Young
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gifted this book in return for an honest review. Five stars says it all - what an amazing read, the characters are so well fleshed out and the storyline amazing. Loved it.
Heather
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this book. It has all the feels. Cade and January are meant to be but life has a nasty habit of screwing up fate. You'll spend the entire book rooting for them despite the odds.
Marilee Thomas
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! I love the story and the way the two main characters interact so differently over the course of the book including how different they are when they are kids. The flashback scenes are incredible in that they are able to convey and give so much back story when you really want it. The writing is so fun to read and gives you a meaty story that you feel so satisfied with in the end. This book is hot, emotional, interesting, sweet, and intense and I wholeheartedly recommend it. A ...more
Ayden K. Morgen is the Amazon Bestselling author of the Ragnarök Prophesies series. She lives in the heart of Arkansas with her childhood sweetheart/husband of fifteen years, and their furry minions. When not writing, she spends her time hiking, reading, volunteering, causing mischief, and building a Spork army.

She graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor of Science degree in Crimin