Start by marking “Weeping Season” as Want to Read:
Weeping Season

Weeping Season

In the spirit of Charlie Brooker’s Black Mirror and The Outer Limits comes Weeping Season by Seán O’Connor —A unsettling, suspenseful chiller that leaves you gasping for breath...

Hardcover, First Edition, 240 pages
Published September 13th 2019 by Matador

To ask other readers questions about Weeping Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weeping Season

Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In my review of Sean O'Connor's debut book, THE MONGREL, I had this to say,
"Something about O'Connor's natural storytelling ability is extremely compelling...the words on the page almost completely melt away and my reading experience feels like watching the events unfold--super addictive and engaging."

That statement applies to WEEPING SEASON in the best possible way. WEEPING SEASON drops the reader off in the middle of an intense scene right on page one. We find two people, an
Michael Hicks
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review of WEEPING SEASON can be found at High Fever Books.

A man and a woman wake up in the woods, chained to trees. They don’t know where they are, how they got there, or even who they are. Strangers, they are only identifiable to each other by the fresh tattoo inked into their recently shaved scalps. He is Seven, she is Eight. There are others like them in the woods, and they must band together in order to survive against the deadly challenges they are forced to endure by the mysterious entity
Philip Fracassi
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant Thriller

A fast-paced read you'll devour in one or two sittings. The action and horrors are relentless, and you'll never see the ending coming. Bleak, terrifying, and thoroughly entertaining.
Tracy Robinson
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The synopsis was enough to make this book a must-read for me. As a fan of Black Mirror, I knew this could go one of two ways. A completely engaging and unique read, or a massive dumpster fire that left me wanting. Even after devouring this book in a single day, I still waffled between rating this a 4 or a 5. I even talked it out with a friend (who didn’t mind the spoilers) and eventually made up my mind.

The first three quarters of the book is like some wild mash-up of Saw and Hunger
FanFiAddict
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating: ★★★★☆+

Synopsis

A group of strangers wake up in a cold isolated forest with no memory of anything before their arrival. Lost, hungry and wandering aimlessly, they are summoned to a campsite by a remote entity who controls their fate through a series of tortuous objectives. Their o
Steve Stred
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
** Edited as review is now live on Kendall Reviews! **

“A man awoke to hysterical screams.”

Last year I had the pleasure of reading ‘The Mongrel’ by O’Connor, which at that time I raved about. It still is one of the best survival tales I’ve read, but one such issue I had was I felt that the werewolf aspect was tossed in, simply to make it a werewolf story. The book would have stood on its own merits even if it had just been a battle against the elements to survive.
Matt (TeamRedmon)
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WEEPING SEASON by Seán O'Connor is like the first season of LOST meets SAW. Honestly, that should be all I need to say to convince you to read this one.
The book opens with two people waking up in a forest. Chained to trees, they have no memories, they're naked, and have numbers tattooed on the back of the heads. In order to survive, they have to complete a series of torturous challenges given by an unseen "host".
The chapters are short and written from varying perspectiv
Charlotte
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shutter Island meets The Belko Experiment in Weeping Season, the latest from Seán O’Connor.

Immediately immersive Weeping Season opens with a twisted and perplexing situation that immediately brings to mind the question, what the hell was going on? Details slowly come to light, along with a cast of characters, not many of which are likable, but all of which must work together to survive some sick, weird experiment. Facing their fears, each person is selected at (supposed) random to complete a ta
Alex
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to get an ARC of Weeping Season by Séan O’Connor and was immensely impressed. The story, which drops the reader right into the fray along with the main character, moves at a blistering pace, making it very hard to put down. It’s a vivid, wicked and wholly engaging read, filled with distinct characters and cringe-worthy scenes worthy of any horror fans’ shelves. I can’t recommend more highly.
Sharon
George Hopper
rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2019
Seán O'Connor
Jul 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Glenn  Parker
Kirsten
Leigh
Ashley Fritz
Aug 04, 2019
SEÁN O'CONNOR grew up at the foot of the Dublin Mountains where he became fascinated with fiction, particularly stories based on the supernatural, horror, and the darker side of the human psyche.

His debut book, The Mongrel, was nominated for the 2019 Splatterpunk Award in the category of Best Novella.

He currently resides in Dublin, Ireland, with his wife and son.