Start by marking “Violets are not Blue” as Want to Read:
Violets are not Blue

Violets are not Blue

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Forget everything good you’ve been told about love, because none of it’s true.

You don’t agree?
Spend a day in my shoes and you’d curse love too.

My name’s Blue.
Yes, you read that right. Blue Daniels.
And I hate love.
I despise every single thing about it.
In my thirty-two years on this earth it has brought me nothing but heartbreak and disappoi
Expected publication: November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Violets are not Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violets are not Blue

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
I love an office romance and add into the mix a woman who has been burnt in love before and has a heart made of steal and I’m hooked. I really enjoy Melissa Toppen’s stories, the storyline kept me begging for more. I loved the back and forth between feelings and denial. What a journey.

Blue is really dead set against love but she did not bank on breaking this pact with herself, especially with the office playboy, Harris! At least she thinks he’s a playboy. Harris is, however, the sweetest man and
Michelle
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one will be hard to review. While I LOVED Harris, Violet's 'no love' stance got old fast and it was harped on the entire book. Like 97% of it.

What could have been a great love story, was just eh and something I don't like in books. Much like with Hallmark movies, declare love and it's over. I want my love stories to go beyond the 'I love you'. I want the grittiness OF LOVE.

While I adore Harris and his flowers and poems, I never understood how he could still chase Violet.

There were also s
Konny
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Violets are not Blue by Melissa Toppen is a stand alone rom/com.
Meet Blue Daniels and Harris Avery.
One relationship cynic and one who never ever thought about a relationship, check.
Should be fitting, but isn't. Harris is a man who never had to work to score. But Blue is immune to his charm and he has his work laid out for him. Only she is immune immune . He doesn't give up and piece for minisclue piece he thaws her frozen heart, and stole my heart in the process too.
Violets are not Blue is a bea
Shasta Hope
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Melissa writes us a beautiful story of love and the complications of love and the choices that come with it. I couldnt be more excited about a book than this one. Its everything and more. Harris is adorable and arrogant in many ways and Blue is just apprehensive and scared. Perfect match considering both of their histories.

5 STARS
Cherie Maggi
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story and the characters. At times I felt it was a little long but it’s worth the read
Sparklin
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Harris and Blue each have obstacles to overcome. This book was filled with plenty of twist and turns. What a beautifully written romance story.
Melissa is a Reader's Choice Award Winning and Bestselling Author of New Adult and Contemporary Romance. She is a lover of books and enjoys nothing more than losing herself in a good novel. She has a soft spot for Romance and focuses her writing in that direction; writing what she loves to read.

Connect with Melissa Toppen