Start by marking “Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)

Love Drunk

(Love Me Duet #1)

One month, I fell for him.
Two, I was a goner.
Three, I was a daydreamer.
But by the fourth, it was a nightmare.
Everything came in beats.
Beat one—fantasy.
Beat two—admission.
Beat three—love.
But it’s the fourth beat that completely ruined me.
With a shattered heart.
He was my nightmare.
Published October 24th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Love Drunk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Drunk

Start your review of Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
Gayle
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Why am I not surprised?
Again, TL Smith has left her mark on my heart and soul.

It’s a given that when you pick up a novel by TL you’re ALWAYS guaranteed dark and twisted with a whole lot on mind manipulation, but boy this one, Love Drunk has left me conflicted.

Gunner, I don’t know whether to love him or hate him. Man that guy left me all kinds of confused. I can’t tell you how many times I went from loving the guy to hating him in a nanosecond. He managed (and I have no idea how) to weave his
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
God I tried to like this one, I really did!! BUT the hero (Gunner) just sent shivers down my spine, I didn't like him one bit and found myself speed reading over his parts there's alpha males and then there's assholes and sadly to say he just fell under the asshole category.

So now onto Everly she was not love drunk but blind in love, she was a wallflower, blind to everything Gunner. More than once I really wanted to bitch slap her.. Yet again I'm sorry but this one just wasn't for me, though I
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Words fail me right now because GUNNER! Smith explained this man so explicitly that I felt his presence as I devoured every word of this story! I felt as consumed as Everly! He drank in her heart and soul as if she was his life line and she let him happily take every last drop till it was too late! Everly’s life wasn’t hers to control and she found that out in the worst way! She was a pawn in a game she knew nothing about! Even those she thought had her back left her drowning and before she ...more
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
This book gives me flashbacks of a couple of years back where almost everyone was writing an erotic novel where dark romance plus bdsm plus female heroines who just plain annoy me was ‘the thing’.

I’ll be honest and say that I’m still not sure about this book.
Gunner is just …Nope. I’ve read my fair share of hero who are assholes but they somehow have a redeemable quality but Gunner on the other hand is just plain old mean, cruel and a giant douche. Everly needs a backbone.

The storyline was like
Tara The Obsessive Book Reader!
What did I just read!

Step into the world of darkness that T.L. Smith has created. This is Gunner’s and Everly’s story.

Are you ready to get drunk on love?

From an encounter at a club, fast forwarded into something so much more. They say it takes 10 days to gain an obsession, it took Everly one month to fall in love.

Gunner isn’t just your ordinary man, he is dark, mysterious and hides behind those dark smouldering eyes. From just one look at him, you know he has a story and a past to tell.

Brenda Travers
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bravo T.L Smith, you have me craving more.

Have you ever been so Drunk In Love that you loose all sense of self? That feeling of drowning in love so much that you’re so captivated by someone that is not necessarily all that good for you? It’s that feeling of euphoria, that feeling that makes you all tingly inside. It’s the goosebumps you feel when you see someone you feel so intently for, someone who was near perfect.....until they weren’t. Only then, you’re so Love Drunk that you fail to listen
Keri Loves Books
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Obsessive Love
He’s the wolf and she’s his prey. A dark and dirty love story with a man that dominates and takes possession and woman who is reluctant to embrace her desire for the depraved.

They met in a bar. They couldn’t contain their attraction. Lust turned to love. Love became obsession. Obsession morphed to ownership. Love can turn toxic.

He had secrets. He hid part of himself. He made her promise forever before he showed all of himself.

She’s bound to him with a vow of forever. There is no
Kimberly Garner
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Talk about intense. Although I am not surprised at all. This book was riveting, and I cannot wait to see what happens in the second half. The feelings just course through this book and play with you. The characters and world is so real, as in most if not all people have fallen in love with someone they know they shouldn't. Been there done that, got the t-shirt. This was a deep, emotional smoking hot book, and I cannot believe I devoured it in a few hours.
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 LOVE DRUNK STARS!! I could not read this book in fast enough, by the time I finished I felt drunk on this story. This author has consumed me with her words again.....I need book #2 now...I am dying inside. Gunner and Everly's story will hit all your emotion buttons and take you on one heck of a ride. You definitely need to read this book, so download it now.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg gunner was an omg character. I devoured this story and already want to devour it again. I highly enjoyed this story and can't wait for the second book in this duet.
Donna
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it

God there is so much I want to say about this book but nowhere would publish my review because the tirade of swearwords would be far too much. I have nothing nice to say and I really don't want to be like that.

This is the first book by this author that I didn't really gel with. I hated the main characters. Gunner was just a total pig and I found nothing endearing about this man. I mean we love to hate the arsehole in most men but he was on a scale all on his own.

Everly for me was
Nikitasbookreviews
Shelves: arcs-betas
this is actually my first TL Smith book and i was definitely excited to read this. once i saw the blurb i was instantly hooked.
let me just say that i was not disappointed!
i literally devoured this once i started it. it was like literally being in there.
i love books that give you the feeling of it being your emotions.

this book had me on the edge of my seat because there were so many twists and turns.
this had such an intense feeling which i loved.
Everly is a pawn in a game she knows nothing
Taylor Freeman
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hate books where the heroine is so weak willed for the the Hero.
Also, really started to hate Gunner.
I will be reading the second when it comes out but only because I have to finish up this story no matter how aggravated cliffhangers make me.

I’m hoping with the second book Gunner takes it down a notch. Also, he seriously better not have sex with anyone other than the heroine. Better not even think it. Hopefully there will be some more of his POV too. It got boring just reading her side.
Anne Milne
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG. This is so good and addictive in a dark twisted way. One word Gunner on my word he is delicious and such a huge presence in this story. From the moment Everly meets him she becomes consumed by everything about him can't say I blame her really. A story of secrets that trap Everly before she realises she is a pawn in a game she knows nothing about.

It doesn't surprise me that this author has written a twisted addictive story with a male character who may divide readers. A seductive thrilling
Cindy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books-2019
Once again TL Smith writes a book that completely and utterly shocks and awes me. This woman knows how to draw in her audience. I was hooked on Gunner and Everly from page one. I need more!!!

Love Drunk is just WOW! All consuming for sure. You will despise Gunner at times, and love him to bits at others. I ADORED Everly. This isn't your typical love story and is dark and twisted as only TL can write. I can not wait for Hate Sober I'm dying to see what happens.
Rose Croft
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five million stars!!! Damn you TL Smith. Stop playing with my heart. I need the next one STAT! TBR this immediately...so bad it's good.
Avishay Ch
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Collage-Maker-20191028-182039776
best free image hosting

Well, here I am again
Hi, so, .W.T.F
Yes, that's what happens when I read the first book from a duet. OK? I'm not alive. I'm not breathing.
I am so confused with myself especially.
What did I read right now?!
Such a crzay story! Oh I'm so in love with him that it's hard for me to express.
I really don't have anything to say about this book so hot that my phone and my kindle almost was on fire in the middle of the night (With me...)
All I know is ... I need the second part
Mia
ARC REVIEW

What did I just read?!
I am shocked, speechless, go smacked and every other possible adjective you can use to describe how a book has destroyed you.

‘Love Drunk’ by TL Smith is book one is a duet that has the power to destroy your souls from the get-go.

I seriously have no idea what to think of this book, just like the characters in it, I have a very strong love-hate relationship with this story and it couldn’t fit more perfectly.

I have laughed and loved alongside these characters,
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This book is a doozy. I honestly don't know quite what to think right now. I am definitely having some mixed feelings.

First of all, I did enjoy this book. There were a few things that weren't perfect for me, but I liked the story as a whole. The thing that had me tripped up the most was the whiplash that I was getting from Gunner. I honestly went from hating him to loving
Nadia Debowska-Stephens (Obsessed by Books)
“Rough hands touch me. If he wants to claim me again, I will let him.
I love this man.
I’m love-drunk on him, and I’m afraid I will never get sober. The problem is, I want to be sober.
No. I need to be sober.”

Coming from wealth and carrying the weight of expectation she is the only heir to the family legacy. Living independently and running her own business has given her a sense of freedom and the perception that maybe she can marry for love not for family but is it all an illusion? Meeting a
Lita Thomas
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Drunk (Love me Duet #1) by TL Smith. Oh my gosh. I have read other books by this author and I have enjoyed each and everyone of them but this story is some next level sh*t. On a dare one night Everly has to go say hi to a Greek god of a man who has men and women alike drooling over him. The connection between Everly and Gunner is intense from the very beginning. It is more like Gunner is the intense one and Everly isn't love Drunk but is some type of sexual remote control state of lust. ...more
Jan
Nov 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Confused stars.

I have read nearly all books by TL Smith, this though, I can't put my finger on it or form the right words but it was like I was reading something from a different author. The style felt different and the flow somehow.

This is part one and I am eager to find out how it will all come together or if I will even like the characters in the second book, at the moment I'm not feeling any connection at all, so for now I'm left scratching my head and feeling confused, its like I have
Sarah Dale
What has TL done to me?!?!

We have all had that love drunk feeling where you are completely enthralled with someone, that you love them so much even though they aren't that good for you? The highs and lows you feel throughout the relationship really have you spinning and TL has done an amazing job captivating that in this book.

I am completely torn as to whether I am rooting for Gunner or not. At the moment I want to junk punch him so much but I have a feeling in the next part of the duet that
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jess ~
I expected to be taken for a ride and this book was certainly a wild one.

Everly is love-drunk for Gunner. She can't see past these intense feelings and she finds herself in some pretty precarious situations. Even when the outside world is screaming at her, she is left mute by her feelings for this dangerously beautiful stranger. You spend most of the book in her head, which is a mess. She is hot and cold. She tries to be strong but is weakened her family and this man.

Gunner is a hard
Kari Hansen
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everly was raised in a privileged lifestyle and runs her own business. She dreams of meeting her Prince Charming and living her happily ever after but knows that her dreams will take a back seat to loyalty to her family.

Gunnar is a man with a dark and secretive side. From their first meeting the chemistry between them was electric and Gunnar draws Everly in like a spider to a web and then shows his true colors which turns both their worlds upside down.

Gunnar is the type of character that you
Autumn
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is not for everyone, but it's totally for me.

This book is D A R K dark.

Things got crazy wild. But lemme start from the beginning here. I love how dark and twisted TL Smith is. So when I got this book I dove head first.

Everly is the daughter of a powerful man trying to make it on her own. Gunner is walking sex. They meet thing escalate pretty quickly. The stuff that happens between them had me blushing hardcore.

Unfortunately Gunner changes pretty quickly however Everly low key loves
T.L. Smith
Nov 06, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
How did I miss what a devil he is?
I’m waiting to wake up.
Someone tell me this is all a dream.
“You’re wet. Do you know that?”
The look of sheer horror that crosses over my face makes his smile wider.
“Don’t be shy, bunny. You like it when I’m rough.” He leans down to kiss me, and I turn my head to the side, so his lips land on my cheek. I feel him at my entrance as he positions himself between them. “Bunny, look at me.”
I don’t.
I can’t bring myself to.
He pulls my face around hard, so I have to.
Jenny B
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy cow this was an amazing read! I cannot get over what a broken character Gunner was and holy alpha male. I found Everly's character to be incredibly endearing as she tries so hard to do things on her own and find herself through this situation. The author did an incredible job hooking the reader in and then holy twist I found parts of this read to be dark but overall this book was so incredibly addictive for me, I could not let set it down
Rosie's Bookshelf
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG... So I have liierally just finished this book.... What can I say...

I feel like I have been on such an emotional rollercoaster of a ride with these characters. Very few books lately have held my attention but I could not put this book down, and that ending.... * aarrgghhh*

Can't wait to find out what happens next
Chasidy
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love a book that gives me a book hangover. T.L. Smith does more than that with Love Drunk. I devoured Gunner and Everly’s story and I cannot wait....no I need to get my hands on the second book in the series. Everly is simply consumed by Gunner and their story is full of twists and turns that I never saw coming. This is a must read!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Enemies
  • Hate Crush
  • Heartless Hero
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Conheartists
  • Iron Crowne
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Bully Me This: Bully Me #1
  • Kiss Me With Lies (Twin Lies, #1)
  • Venom
  • Redemption
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
USA Today Best Selling Author T.L. Smith loves to write her characters with flaws so beautiful and dark that you can’t turn away from. Her books have been translated into several languages. If you don’t find her in her home town of Queensland, Australia you can usually find her travelling around the world to sitting on a beach in Bali, to exploring Alcatraz in San Francisco or walking the streets ...more

Love Me Duet (2 books)
  • Hate Sober (Love Me Duet #2)