Start by marking “The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fire (Love in O'Leary #4)

The Fire

(Love in O'Leary #4)

Jamie
Parker Hoffstraeder is gorgeous, cocky, and totally irrational. He also broke my heart when he left town eleven years, four months, and twenty-eight days ago.

Not that I’m counting.

I don’t mind admitting it: I was young. I got burned. I learned my lesson.

But the guy swaggers back into O’Leary like he owns the damn place and suddenly I’m expected to welcome him to my t
Published July 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fire

Renée
Jul 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 68%. I just can't take anymore, and this is definitely getting a rating since I made it so far. This book is one BIG MISUNDERSTANDING with zero actual maturity and communication. And, of course, when someone hurt me dearly in the past, never explained why, and continues to hurt me over the past year for no reason, I should absolutely jump into bed with him repeatedly. FFS.

I'm out. I only made it this far by skimming to see why Jackhole hurt Doormat years ago, but I just don't care enough.
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This book started out strong, but petered out as the misunderstandings and childish arguments piled on. I like banter, but Parker and Jamie didn't sound like two men pushing 30. They were sooo petty. OMG

And don't get me started on that ridiculous scene with Brian and Parker ganging up on Jamie. I mean, yes, Brian was desperate and pushy, but I felt bad for him. Jamie was a wanker to Brian AND Parker.

Dude, you told Parker to leave, so he left. Was he supposed to grovel?

Also, Parker's mother need
Ele
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: second-chance

I liked the writing, the tension, the sexy times and the second chance trope. The rest? I believe it was the most manufactured and fake angst ever. There was no reason for Jamie to push Parker away all these years ago and then get mad at him for leaving (no I don't buy that he was an asshole because he wanted him to go after his dreams). There was no reason for Jamie to be an even bigger asshole when Parker returned home because Parker left all these years ago. Because Jamie had pushed
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this.

I have been waiting for Jamie and Parker's book for awhile now, and we finally got it and it was amazing, everything I could have wished for.

We had a love/hate thing going on in the beginning, which just added to the heat, especially when they were fighting and both just wanted to grab the other and kiss each other, and their beginning was really sweet and cute. A nice juxtaposition of the sweet and the sour, the love and the hate - that is really just love underneath i
Snjez
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it

I quite enjoyed this story, although there were some things that usually annoy me: miscommunication, assumptions, stubborn characters, drama, silly parents, interventions from friends, telling someone how you feel about them in front of an audience.

Despite all of the above, this was a very light, fun and sweet story. I liked both main characters, especially Parker. He is adorable. My favourite part of the story was the time they spent together during a snow storm. Loved the banter and
Nanna Sander
I liked the banter and the forced proximity, but man, I hate MCs who fail to communicate and instead make assumptions or postpone conversation because they seem inconvenient..
Lelyana
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc, mm
3,5

The keywords of the MCs is communication. The guys drove me crazy with their lack of communication.
But I liked the story and the banters and I had met all the guys from previous books.
What's next?
Wanji
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting for Parker and Jamie's story for feels like forever. It did not disappoint. My heart ached for them, especially Jamie. He didn't believe was worthy of anyone he wanted to want him back. Parker was braver in all things other than Jamie (but had good reason from past history). I was soooooo glad when they finally saw and heard each other.
Amanda
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

"The past was the fire that forged you, that strengthened and weakened you, that molded and shaped you."

If you haven't read May Archer's Love in O'Leary series, I am not sure what you're waiting for because your missing out. The Fire is the 4th book in the series and it feels like us fans have been waiting for Parker and Jamie's story forever! It had all the emotions and intensity that I expected it to have and I couldn't be more happy about their s
Lori
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This series has been pretty fantastic for me! There's enough humor and angst to keep it interesting and although I might enjoy more sexy times, it doesn't detract from the romance. Jamie and Parker were funny and that goes a long way with me. The misunderstandings were from a lack of communication, of course, but they started to learn finally and that's what counts.

Can't wait for the next one!
Nat ReadingAllNite
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, lescourt
2.5 Stars. I could not relate to the reasons they were supposedly enemies after 10+ years, nor how living together for months never led to adult conversations. In fact, they barely acted like adults. The writing is fine but I had to force myself to keep reading since I didn’t like the plot or characters at all.
Jennie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this young love to hate and back again story.
Parker and Jamison have a complex relationship now after theirs fell apart 10 years earlier.
They are forced together during a snow storm and realise they don't hate each other as much as they thought.
I loved the small town feel of this book. The history and emotions between Parker and Jamison was well explained and pulled at the heart strings. I loved that their friends all came to help when the chips were down.
A sweet feel good story.
Kendra T
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was so glad to finally get Parker and Jamie’s book! There was so much animosity in the other books, and now I finally understand why. These guys have loved each other (and still do), but Jamie has been so mad at Parker for years that he moved away to college. He had a time putting things behind him and actually stopping to look at the whole picture. They didn’t communicate enough, and it got a bit annoying at times, but luckily they finally broke that chain and made everything work. They were ...more
Elle
Jul 17, 2019 added it
Such a good read, it grabbed me from the word go. I wanted to slap both Jamie and Parker at times, talk about misunderstandings, but all's well that ends well, as they say.

This story had a bit of everything, drama, lots heartache, but also an abundance of love and humour. Parker and Jamie's story is actually quite heartbreaking, but what happened was done with the best of intentions, and they were both very young, so eventually I forgave them both. They were as daft as each other!

Once I started
JD Crittendon
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love Perseveres!

A cactus named Lucille, a time capsule house, and a memory box are elements of the Parker & Jameson story. Talk about cute, sweet, sexy...yeah, all of that in this romance. This tale has likable MCs and co-characters, LOL banter, small-town quirkiness with lite angst. An all-around good time. It also has an” It's a Wonderful Life” ending. Fun read!
Joscelyn Smith
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jamie and Parker but man, alot of their issues could have been solved with some simple communication. That said I did enjoy my return visit to O'Leary, all in all a solid addition to the Love in O'Leary series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Grace
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 rounded down

I'll be honest, this series hasn't worked great for me overall, and I didn't go into this story super excited. There had been SO much teasing about Jamie & Parker's story in all of the other books, to the point of it being super annoying and forced, that I was already a bit miffed starting this one. So, maybe that influence my feels, but basically this book was pretty much as annoying as I thought it would be.

Way too much miscommunication, they essentially make the exact same
Bo
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just Wow!

This is an over-the-top, beautifully constructed, and at times excruciatingly sad and frustrating tale of two of the most important, yet wisely subjugated, characters from the first three books in the series. Jamie is Molly's brother, Parker is the prodigal boy, and the two of them have a history, and wow! what a history it is.

I am not going to get into their history because it's right there on every single page in dozens of explanatory episodes in which both Jamie and Parker revea
Goldenchels
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I received the first Love in O'Leary book, The Fall, in a contest. I thought, "this book is fabulous". The next, The Gift, was even better. When I read The Secret, I thought "this series is perfect, it can't possibly get better, The Secret is the peak of O'Leary". I did not even know how wrong I had it. Unbelievably, May Archer has outdone herself yet again. The Fire manages to be outstanding without diminishing the glory of the previous books in the series. The characters remain believable ...more
Randall
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After an absence of 10 years, Parker returns to O’Leary and finds that his former best friend/first love Jamie seems to hate his guts… after a devastating fire which burns Parker’s restaurant to the ground, he decides to walk away from O’Leary, and Jamie’s loathing, once and for all… but a blizzard unexpectedly gives him a second chance to reconnect with Jamie and finally figure it out… will they be able to be honest with themselves and each other and decide what they want and need from each oth ...more
Jennifer Reilley
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think a lot of us have been waiting for Jameson and Parker’s story for some time due to their huge anger and hatred in the past books.

Well this one sucked me in with their banter and being stuck with each other. This is another case of the characters not communicating in the past as well as present. Both guys feelings are majorly hurt and there is no doubt that these two always loved each other. But they couldn’t get past what happened all those years ago.

These two have great chemistry and r
Tj
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: second-chances
Love in O’Leary....Jamie and Parks have a shot at second chance and a HEA. First they have to stop the arguing and let go of the anger. It’s been eleven plus years. It is now or never.

Once the arguing stops, the banter is cute in this one, but I hated the big blowup toward the end. Useless drama. Also, I could have done without Parker’s mother, her theatrics, and her attempts to control him.

I LOVED the plants. Books often have a cute dog or a cuddly kitty that couples bond over. Never read one
Ashley
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally!! The story I've been waiting for!

I have been obsessed with finding out Jamie and Parker's story since the very first O'Leary book and this could not have been more perfect! These two had such perfect chemistry, a beautiful and painful history, and that perfect dummies in love quality that make up all my favorite stories. I honestly don't even know if I have the right words to express how much I loved this book, and how happy this story made me. Just total perfection.
ML
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and have wanted to know Parker and Jamie’s backstory for so long!
What went wrong with them? Why all the animosity? Well you find out!

This book has just about every theme I love.
Hate sex, second chances and snarky dialogue is all there.

This is my favorite in the series and that’s really saying something as this series is brilliant!
Linda
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good story and characters but I felt it bogged down about 80 percent through like the author wanted to build the drama and suspense by keeping the reader in a holding pattern of introspection and self examination. For me that did not work and I had to push through but was rewarded with an upbeat, fun ending. Loved bar owner Parker's parents; they provided some good comic relief as did the heroes' competitive spirit in the kitchen.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my volun
Becky
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Squeeeeeee

So worth the wait that, if I didn't admire May Archer's writing so much, I'd be worried that any future O'Leary love stories will fail to live up to the epicness of Parker and Jamie.
As always it was a simultaneously hilarious and heart breaking read.
Lindsay Hardin
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The highly anticipated story of Jamie and Parker is finally here! I am speaking for myself only though many in Club May Archer (Facebook group) have been chomping at the book for Jamie and Parker since they were first introduced in the series. I was just talking with the author and fellow group members on Facebook about how I needed to gush about this book. Y’all words on a review don’t do this book justice. There are tropes within tropes here...literally there is a trope for everyone. There is ...more
Lillian Francis
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh there were many times I wanted to badh their heads together but I thoroughly enjoyed this friends to lovers to enemies to friends with benefits to HEA story.
HAYLEY SMITH
Really enjoyed it!

I really enjoyed this book, it was a fun and engaging read with emotion too!
I loved Jamie and Parker and their story is a good one!!
Louise Ryan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet story of two people meant to be together and the obstacles (ie themselves) that they had to overcome in order to get their HEA. I was so excited for this one since meeting these characters in previous books and this one did not disappoint. The banter between the MCs was hilarious and as always the O'Learians were a great addition to the book and had me LOL-ing often.
« previous 1 3 next »

Love in O'Leary (4 books)
  • The Fall (Love in O’Leary #1)
  • The Gift (Love in O'Leary, #2)
  • The Secret (Love in O'Leary #3)