Start by marking “Warp Gate Concerto” as Want to Read:
Warp Gate Concerto

Warp Gate Concerto

Nulani, Ashua, and Silna are alien soulmates on the run from their oppressive homeworld. When their past catches up to them, they find themselves lost and separated on a deadly jungle planet. To survive, they’ll have to face everything—from floral reptiles to pain-eating scientists—with only their wits and mind-altering music on their sides.

But they soon learn they aren’t
ebook
Published July 22nd 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Warp Gate Concerto, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warp Gate Concerto

Joyfully Jay
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

Well, the one thing you can say about Warp Gate Concerto is that it’s original. Or rather, its main characters are. The Psyrens, as their name implies, are singers, who use their mouths to alter the actions of others around them. And they have a lot of mouths. A lot of them. Every time they suffer an injury, a mouth appears in its place. Lose an arm, gain a mouth. Lose your eyes, get a mouth. The mouths are everywhere. The imagery is somewhat unsettling, but I ap
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, 4-star, sci-fi, novella
Thank you to NineStar Press and Netgalley for the review copy in exchange for an honest review. This does not change my opinion in anyway.

Trigger Warnings Implied Abuse / Implied Rape in Backstory / Loss of Limb / Violence / Body Horror

I was super excited to see that Dorian Graves had a novella coming out and that I was approved over on Netgalley. The synopsis sounded out there but then so was Bones and Bourbon and I loved that.
Not just the synopsis was out there, the actual story was way ou
Anniek
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure if I wasn't in the mood for this, or if it really wasn't for me, but this was just... so strange. I requested this book to read something outside of my comfort zone, but I keep forgetting that comfort zone is based on years of reading experience, so maybe I shouldn't venture outside of it too much.

I did like the polyamorous relationship in this novel, as it was portrayed in a really loving way. However, the world building was very confusing, and some aspects were just very weird. I
iam
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super cool and slightly dark scifi novel(la?) about an alien triad finding their fourth while on the run from their corrupt government.

Content warnings include: graphic violence and gore, graphic body horror, body modification both voluntary and involuntary, military experiments, PTSD, loss of limbs and amputation, chronic pain; mentioned of blinding, child abuse, implied rape. Content warnings can also be found at the beginning of the book!

I was delighted to find that this SciFi novel did no
Qukatheg
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
Polyamorous alien space pirates, whose super power is singing in harmony. One of the most original pieces of science fiction I have ever read.

Nulani, Silna and Ashua are Psyren, aliens who can have multiple mouths because any severe injury "heals" into another mouth. The three of them are mated. After an attack on their pirate ship they are marooned, and separated, on an alien planet. They have to find each other and work together to get to safety. And in the midst of it all they discover their
Heather Bennett
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Warp Gate Concerto is a unique novella. The short novella is interesting and has a lot packed into it. Well developed characters and interesting storyline.
Maggie
Aug 04, 2019
Ellen Meny
is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2019
Dorian is the author of "Bones and Bourbon," first book in the urban fantasy "Deadly Drinks" series. Are you looking for a novel with body-hopping necromancers, gay relationships and transgender protagonists, otherworldly realms, families of supernatural beings, and the occasional carnivorous unicorn? You've found the right book!

Dorian Graves has also written a number of short stories, including "