Start by marking “The Midspring Rebellion” as Want to Read:
The Midspring Rebellion

The Midspring Rebellion

Things are amiss in the fairy court, made worse one spring morning when King Oberon’s wife decides to leave him. His decision to gather his thoughts in the human realm lead him into the path, and arms, of workaholic human Nick Chandler. But when Oberon’s throne is threatened, will he be able to retain his kingship and his newfound love?
ebook
Published July 22nd 2019 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about The Midspring Rebellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Midspring Rebellion

☆ Todd
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it

I really enjoyed the first parts of this story, where newly-single Fairy King, Oberon, showed up in the human realm and met grieving businessman Nick Chandler.

Quirky characters getting their 'awkward' on is totally my jam, so Oberon and Nick's strange interactions, and developing attraction, completely held my interest.

But when Oberon was forced to return to the Fairy realm to deal with an emergency, with what I felt like major parts of the story (at least the one I wanted to read) being left ou
Jenna R
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
** I was provided with an electronic ARC by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for honest review.**

The Midspring Rebellion by Doreen Heron follows the King of the Fairies, Oberon, as he seeks a vacation in the human world after his wife, Titania, leaves him. There he meets Nick Chandler who is overcoming the loss of his boyfriend. Together, they must figure out how to move forward and face turmoil within the fairy court.

I love fairies. I love LGBTQ reads. I love Shakespeare. I didn't p
Shirley
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 - 4 stars - Short, sweet with a couple of little snags, but not enough to keep me from enjoying this fun little read. ;)

Nick was the kind of person who liked everything in order. He was also a work-a-holic and didn't have time for a Fae king literally popping in and out of his life on a whim. But he was also a great diversion from the grief he was almost drowning in after loosing his last boyfriend.

Then there was Oberon. He was dealing with his own issues and nothing was as he remembered fro
Charlotte
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun foray into the mythical world of Shakespeare’s “Midsummer Nights Dream” and the world of fae and mythical creatures. When Oberon’s wife decides to leave him he takes a vacation in the human world. The problem is that it’s not what he remembers. The property he thought he owned is now owned by Nick Chandler. Nick is still recovering from a failed relationship and has a fair bit of emotional baggage.

But, in this short novella, the two men get together quickly. Fortunately, fairies a
Kelley
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
ARC provided by Netgalley

This novella started out great. The setup for the romance was charming and the characters were likable. Oberon, on a break from ruling the faery kingdom, met Nick in the mortal world. The parts of the story that took place in the mortal world mostly flowed nicely, but near the end, things moved to the faery realm and the narrative took a turn. The action seemed rushed and choppy and didn't make much sense. More than once I flipped back to see if I'd missed pages because
Anniek
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: bisexual-mc, lgbtq, mlm
"Part of the fun is embracing the ridiculousness of the situation." That's a quote from this book, and if I'd listen to it, I'd be having a lot of fun with this book, because boy, is it ridiculous.

I requested this book because I wanted to read something a little out of my comfort zone for a change. But this was just the weirdest book, and it was really not for me. Aside from that, it was all very rushed and didn't make any sense, which made it all the more difficult to enjoy the story.

Rep: bisex
Natalie panda eyes
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Received from Netgalley. I get click happy with bright sparkly covers. Another short one with little surprises but enjoyable as a straightforward romance. There’s Nick a workaholic mourning the death of his lover and Oberon whose wife just left him in one of the calmest divorces ever. I liked Oberon trying to get to grips with human culture and the date prep.
Coltostallion
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was never really able to warm to the characters, especially Oberon, which made this a bit difficult for me. The story is very fast paced all the way through but much too fast paced toward the end. Would definitely have benefited from a little more explanation. If you want a short, relatively bizarre read, then this might be good for you.
marvellousmarmite
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
The description of the book reeled me in, but I just couldn't warm to Oberon, which spoilt the book for me. Also, the faerie/human interaction felt a bit off for me, I read a lot of books of this type, but here it didn't quite gel somehow.

Not for me.
Verity
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Short but sweet I read this in a day was easy to get into but I wish it's had been longer. Got this book from Netgallery in exchange for a honest review.
Ali
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 2.5 stars out of 5

I liked how this book first started and the interactions between Oberon and Nick. Oberon wants to get away after his wife leaves him while Nick is still trying to bury his grief and guilt in work.

Oberon and Nick just seemed to click and both opened up well with each other. However, the story quickly went off track with the whole Oberon kidnapping and rescue. I just didn’t get the point of it and it wasn’t cohes
Alex