Start by marking “A Night Night Prayer” as Want to Read:
A Night Night Prayer

A Night Night Prayer

Shhh, it's time for sleeping, for getting snuggly in my bed. But first, I say my night night prayer and bow my sleepy head. Shh, the puppy's sleeping, a toy under his chin. When he rouses from his sleep, we'll play hide-and-seek again. Night night, puppy.

This lovable little nighttime prayer book has interactive dialogue for a child to repeat as they look around their world
Board Book, 20 pages
Published June 17th 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Night Night Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Night Night Prayer

Maggie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that elicited, "Read it again!" And, I found myself reading this book again and again. My granddaughters loved the pictures and kept asking for me to read it. Of course, it was perfect for bedtime as well.
Rashida
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's short sweet and to the point, on those nights where you're exhausted and determined to get the good night story in. My little guy loved it.
Brandi (Rambles of a SAHM)
Who doesn't love a sweet little alpaca? We are completely smitten with this particular one. The illustrations in this new bedtime board book are adorable. And the gently rhyming text is a nice soothing way to wind down before tucking your little one in bed.

In A Night Night Prayer Little Alpaca is ready to go to sleep but must first say his prayers. He begins to count the blessing of his day and saying good night to each one. He starts with the sun and works his way through the birds and the flow
Maryann Skaritka
What a wonderfully sweet and beautifully illustrated childrens book that will capture and enthrall children at bedtime.

Sweet little alpaca prepares them for bedtime by saying goodnight to the sun, birds, trees, flowers,a puppy, kittens, Mommy, Daddy and God.

The books prayer is done in a peaceful rhyme. Its a very sturdy board book that will hold up after being asked to be read time and time again.

This book is sure to be a favorite of all who read it. It would also make a great baby shower gift
Josiah
Dec 21, 2009 rated it it was ok
This is a nice book, though it really is more of a poem than a prayer. The language is gentle and caressing, and would make for an excellent bedtime story, which is, of course, the function for which it is designed. The similarity to Margaret Wise Brown's Goodnight Moon is evident, but I still rate this as high as one and a half stars because of the good use of language.
Deb Simpson
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all children
Recommended to Deb by: Amy
This is an amazing little book! I bought it for my grandson when Amy first published it, and he loved it! Amy's philosophy is "Changing the world, one word at a time" and she is making a difference with her incredibly small but incredibly impact-ful children's books!

I can't wait to read her first inspirational book for us adults!

Keep chasing your dream, Amy!

Blessings, Deb
Stephanie
Feb 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
My favorite part of bedtime.
Erin
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My daughters favorite book as an infant and toddler. A sweet way to wind down in the evening. More of a poem than a prayer, but there is a thank you to God at the end.
Laura Smith
Mar 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Bedtime can be challenging for little ones. It's hard to unwind after a busy day. This charming story reassures and calms small souls by lulling them into a sweet, sleepy state.
Tina
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Isabel and I love this book!
Krissy
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good - i would read again
Isaiah
Jun 28, 2019
Alexa Dice
Sep 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Amy Parker has written more than twenty books for children, teens, and adults, including the best-selling A Night Night Prayer , Thank You, God, for Mommy, and Thank You, God, for Daddy. She has also collaborated with authors ranging from New York Times bestsellers to her very own son. Most importantly, she is a wife to Daniel and a mom to their amazing sons, Michael and Ethan.