Start by marking “Unhinged” as Want to Read:
Unhinged

Unhinged

You’d have to be crazy to want a killer.

I was nobody. A deranged widow.

He was a psychopath with me as his next target.

When he took me from my home, he planned to kill me. The creepy room I woke up in with fluorescent lighting and an assortment of knives was evidence enough.

Then he saw my scars, and something changed.

Instead of killing me, he wants to fix me.

I might
Published August 22nd 2019

Start your review of Unhinged
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Terrific story of two troubled souls who find each in the strangest of ways

I really enjoy stories about crazy people. They can be hilarious in their own way even in the blood and gore of a serial killer, we can often find a likeable character. Dexter proved that to the masses. We all loved him and pulled for him to never get caught, didn’t we?

James and Holly ar
I have to add.
Holly and James
Psychotic, deranged, crazy.
Damaged lost souls.
They were poison to each other’s life
But also the antidote to each other’s darkness.
Killing, mind manipulation, tragedies,
Always questioning, always trying to
Find the answers, past and present.
Love, acceptance, healing.
Safe.💜

An amazing read by author Nicole Cypher.
Her latest release in August 2019. ...more
Meredith
I had so much fun reading this! This is a lovely story about a psychopath and a woman with agoraphobia finding a connection. A great psychologically driven dark erotic thriller.

I get nervous with the psychopath trope. I roll my eyes when they're written as these immoral, brutal killers and then their behavior does a 180 after they meet a Mary Sue heroine. Well, this wasn't the case in Unhinged. James had dark urges but he always lived by his own moral code. His treatment of Holly wasn't out of
Cécile Smits
Nicole Cypher has done it again!
It’s dark,and it’s delicious.
It keeps you on your toes,and it holds you in its grip until the last page.
It’s......Unhinged,and i loved it!

It tells the story of Holly,who’s trapped in a marriage to the much older Richard. He abuses her,and because nobody intervenes in all those years,Holly finally decides she’s suffered enough. She’s smart,though. Smart enough to get away with murder......

James is an estate attorny that has a double
Aղցela W.
This was one crazy read and this was my was my first time reading this author. Holly has been married to a man twice her age for six years Richard who also beat her. When she kills him it puts her on a list of a psychopath James. James has been killing people that were guilty of crimes that they got away it. When he kidnapped Holly he had know idea that she was just as crazy as he is. Holly has agoraphobia and other forms of OCD. What I liked about Holly is that she wasn't afraid to stand up to ...more
Susan
Holy Moly...friends, this a dirty, bloody, twisted tale of everything abhorrent brutal and some serious psycho-sexual hell but what a love story...I loved it!!! Excuse me I need to go to my psychiatrist now... 🤣 When I get my life back...I need to really review this.!!!
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
I've not read many books where I don't know what I want to say in my review of it, but this one has me floundering.

This was chosen as the Book Of The Month (BOTM) over in the Dark Erotica on Goodreads. I'm fairly certain it was the one I voted for, though that was mainly because unlike most of the options, this was a stand alone story. I don't have issues with duets, trilogies and series', I just didn't want to have yet another story to keep in my head until a later date. Plus this was a new-to-me author
Marian
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, romance, hero-killer
This was a trip into the darkness of two tormented beings. The male MC, James, kept reminding me of Dexter (from the TV show) and his dark passenger...I never expected for this book to be such an insight into the minds of the two profoundly damaged MCs, I expected a dark read but nothing so psychological as this.
Unhinged is a romance, not very conventional but a romance with a HEA and all, but it's in no way sweet...Although there are sex scenes, this is not an erotic story (at least not f
valeria
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
i just finished the book and i like it, was good, my first time reading this author (view spoiler)
Terri West
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well it's a pretty crazy world if you are Rose/Holly or James, I'm not sure about unhinged these two crazy MF's are certifiably deranged! This is a romance with dark undertones, not necessarily something that is going to keep you up for nights afterwards. The Plot grows well and pulls you in along the way, I found some of it quite heartbreaking that 2 lost souls could be so damaged by the actions of those around them. There are also some funny and quirky parts, although James is one scary dude a ...more
Cheryl
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I haven't read This authors work before but was drawn to the book description. This was a different take on dark romance to what I'd previously read. I found it enjoyable with a interesting and different storyline with a decent length. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down, being easily drawn into the lifes of these two characters.
I liked both the deeply traumatised main characters of James and Holly and found their story I interesting with some intrigue, with some great descriptions of
Jennifer Hinson
"She was a poison to my life, and the antidote to my darkness."

I likely wouldn't have come across this one but thankfully it was the BOTM in my Dark Romance group, because it was definitely an experience. Everything you expect for this one.....throw it out the window. Its dark in subject matter, but trust me when I say it will have you in tears from laughing so hard. These two, well lets say that they are VERY special....its easy to love a vigilante serial killer and a deranged widow.

“You’re one to talk. Why don’t ywidow.
“You’re
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
So rather than a dark romance, this is a book with dark themes and triggers.
Holly's older husband Richard is a cruel and abusive spouse when he supposedly dies of a heart attack leaving behind his young wife with deep scars inside and out from the past six years living with a monster.
James is an estate lawyer by day and a punishing killer by night.
He uses his compulsion for death to punish what he perceives as the guilty and the predators of this world who prey on the weak. ...more
Kim BookJunkie
This is the story of Holly and James....

Holly:
“He was a monster. There was really no other way to see it. Call it damaged, disturbed, deranged, but those didn’t quite cut it.
I should run.
Hide.
Scream.
But I didn’t want to”

James:
“It wasn’t murder. It was justice.”

James has been taught to calm the chaos in his mind by, “purging“. When choosing his targets, James is always careful to pick a perpetrator: someone who deserves to die. He is always careful, researching his targets, y/>Holly:
Ann
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thea™
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! If you like dark books: just read this one!!
Although this was definitely NOT a funny story, the way Holly reacted to and interacted with James made me laugh! Both main characters are crazy in their own way and because of that they were a perfect match! Loved this book!

Dark Erotica; BotM September 2019.
Tina Williams
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two broken characters...
Unhinged is a dark romantic thriller, which delves into the psychology of two crazy as f*** characters who are both extremely worthy of the title! I thoroughly enjoyed the read and was intrigued by both the hero/anti-hero and heroine from the off. Although it took me a few chapters to warm to them both, very soon I was rooting for their unlikely and elusive HEA.
It is a bloody, violent and sometimes gruesome read which contains reference to abuse and coercive c
Jen
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am hooked. If you are a sensitive reader, please heed the warnings, if not, be prepared to have your socks blown off. Holly is a young woman that cannot seem to catch a break. She marries an older man, Richard who physically beats her. She has many scars, bumps and bruises in various states of the healing process to prove it. She is kidnapped by James or is she rescued. James is a man with his own past demons but in all honesty, he just pla ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unhinged is a dark, twisted and one that will stick with you even after you finish it. Rose/Holly is quite a woman. If not for bad luck, she'd have no luck at all. This woman is a sly fox, too bad for James who thinks she's a lamb.

She's a fighter so don't count her out. James has a job to do but he's also working out things in his own life.

When these two get together, no one stands a chance of getting in between. Despite secrets, hidden agendas and tragic pasts.
Brandy Jo
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Now this book was definitely dark and disturbing but with a HEA. I really really liked it.

Holly and James are both scarred and deeply disturbed people, but for different reasons. Holly is a victim who breaks free from abuse but becomes a prisoner to her own mind. She tries to survive the only way she knows how. Then James comes along and messes everything up. Or does he? James is demented and twisted but still has some morals. He discovers not everything is as it seems when dealing w
Erin Figueiredo
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Chilling and Amazing!

This is the first book I have ever read by this author, and boy was it utterly amazing! This story was dark, delicious, suspenseful and intriguing. I was literally on the edge of my seat, fully enraptured in all of the twists and turns the story took. It is not for the feint of heart but it will give you chills and a HEA.

Holly and James' story is not your typical love story. They have both been through some things so very dark and twisted in thei
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was pretty amazing. Holly was in a terrible marriage. James's mission is to rid the world of bad people. James's believes that Holly is one until he sees her naked. This book just goes to show that there is a perfect someone for everyone. Holly and James are eventually thick as thieves. Their relationship and how it progresses makes for a fairly dark, but entertaining read. I love the dynamic between Holly and James. This book was easy to follow and I was able to read it in an afternoo ...more
Nikitasbookreviews
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nicole cypher is a new author to me but wow this book had me on the edge of my seat and totally engrossed !
Killers are my fave to read about!

This book follows two broke souls who are both psychotic and deranged in their own way!
Holly was actually quite a bit of a badass!
Her reactions to certain events were definitely surprising lol

If you love all things unconventional then you’ll love this and it does end with a HEA!
I absolutely loved this book and I can’t recommend this enough!
Kirsten
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
James takes to killing abusive people, in a bid to calm his mind. But when he kidnaps Holly, with the intention of hurting her, he sees her all her scars and realises she's really just a victim in her own right.

Both James and Holly are unhinged in their own ways, but their craziness brings them closer to each other. Their unique pasts mean they understand each other like no one else can. And maybe that's all it takes to help free each other from the darkness inside.

This book was captivating fr
LaToya Toney
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Nicole Cypher and she made a great first impression. Unhinged was not what I thought it would be. It was dark and twisted but it was a story about two damaged people who fell in love in spite of their quirks. Both characters lived through traumatic events that left them with unstable. I loved this story and the characters and the writing was incredible.

Bobbi Wagner
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author. I enjoyed being pulled in right from the beginning bing and held my attention attention to the end. This book may be a trigger for some but if y ok u can get past that there is a very well developed story. I loved the characters. They made the story feel real. They are connectable and supportive to each other. This a story of murder and edge of your seat sitting suspense. I highly recommend this book.
Tianna McPherson (Anna Lee)
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This one was definitely a dark and twisted romance but it never leaves us unsatisfied. We learn and love hoe this 2 people interact but what's more they have this connection that we never fully see coming until the end. I love how it was described and the emotions that they show us. I hope that there are more amazing stories by this author. Keep them coming Nicole. I give it 5 stars. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book as an Advanced Reader's Copy
Sharon
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is dark but also humorous and I love it! Two damaged souls meet and recognize each other’s issues and end up forming a strange bond with each other. This book has a lot of triggers for people but if like me you enjoy your romances quirky and dark then you shall love this story. I sat down and inhaled this book, I absolutely love it!

Becky
Aug 08, 2019 added it
I voluntarily read and reviewed this as an ARC
Nicole Cypher is a new to me author that puts the daaark in dark romance. Just when I thought I was going to get the warm fuzzies, this story would twist and I experienced spine tingling terror. This is a story that pulls you in kicking and screaming. OUTSTANDING!
Tania
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great the story was well written and the characters were interesting. Holly and James both very troubled people. James was going to inflict pain, but as soon as he sees all the scares people he wants to care for her instead.
Thank you for allowing me to review this book it was great.

• Rules of Bennett
  • Caged: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Cruel Boy
  • Covetous
  • Deadly
  • You Will Bow (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Depraved (American Street Kings, #1)
  • Jasmine
  • Malevolence (Dahlia Saga #4)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • The Professor
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • Reapers and Roses (Grove High School, #1)
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Prey: A Dark Mafia Romance
  • Kostya: A Dark Bratva Hate Story (Chicago Crime Family Book 3)
  • When Rivals Love (Bayshore Rivals, #3)