Start by marking “القرآن الكريم” as Want to Read:
القرآن الكريم

Read Book* *Different edition

القرآن الكريم

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  57,206 ratings  ·  3,079 reviews
The Qur'aan (also spelt: Qur'an, Quran, Quraan and Koran) is the holy book of Islam, revealed 1400 years ago in Arabic, and still existing in its original form. Muslims believe that it is the actual speech of God, who revealed it to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) through the angel Gabriel.

النسخة ذات حجم كبير فهي ترجمه لمعاني القران بالانجليزية
the biggest size copy i
Published 2008 (first published 650)

To ask other readers questions about القرآن الكريم, please sign up.
Huda Aweys للأسف طبعا موش دا الحل اننا ندفن راسنا زي النعامه لأن لو شيلناه هما هيرجعوا يحطوه هما بيعتبروه من امهات كتب الأديان و الروحانيات و التاريخ و الأدب !
ال…more
الحل ان كلنا كمسلمين ندي القرآن خمس نجوم و يبقى دا موقف بمعنى ان مافيش كتاب تاني نديله خمس نجوم و يبقى على الأقل اخدنا موقف قصاد تعنتهم دا و عدم احترامهم لمعتقدات الغير (less)
Philip McCormick Anonymous is arguably the most appropriate name, given that God is so anonymous that he/she/it doesn't exist at all.

·  57,206 ratings  ·  3,079 reviews

Start your review of القرآن الكريم
Manny
Have other people noticed that the Qur'an is listed here as being by Allah, whereas the Bible is by "Anonymous"? If I were a Christian, I think that would leave me feeling just a little annoyed.
_________________________________________

Since I posted this review, the entry has been changed, and the Qur'an is now also listed as being by "Anonymous"!

Well, whoever did that is a braver man or woman than I am. I admire your chutzpah. So to speak.
_________________________________________

And now it's "
Neal
Jun 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
This book was one of the most amazing books that I have ever read. It changed my whole perspective on the muslim people.

I had a very positive view of the Muslim people and their beliefs after reading this.
Doris
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what I learned from this book is that Islam is NOT what they say it is in the media and that it is also not what the radicals claim it is. The Qur'an is the perfect companion to our own Holy Bible.
Alireza
May 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
who am I to say my opinion about this Miracle
RB
Before you read on, it is important that you read and understand this:

THIS REVIEW IS WRITTEN BY AN ATHEIST. I DO NOT SUGAR-COAT NOR DO I WRAP MY OPINIONS IN COTTON TO "PROTECT" THE DELICATE AND/OR EASILY OFFENDED RELIGIOUS READER.

IF YOU FOLLOW THE ISLAMIC FAITH AND GET OFFENDED WHEN YOUR HOLY BOOK (AND RELIGION) RECEIVES CRITICISM READ NO FURTHER! YOU WILL NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE QURAN. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED: IF YOU CONTINUE TO READ FURTHER THEN YOU WANT TO BE OFFENDED. STOP HE
Mariam saleh
Oct 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all those with a heart
A book for life, a book for the next life, a book for all eternity, unspoken by man, engulfed by humanity but indiscribable of any earthly tongue. I cannot let you understand it, but i can invite you to feel it...
Marcio Tomazela
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Noble Qur'an is Arabic with Meanings translated to Portuguese(Br).

Amazing interesting and free of misteries.

Islam goes straight to the point, based on science and logic.

"Biʾsm Allāh ar-raḥmān ar-raḥīm" (“in the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate”).
Romie
I won't rate it, because it's a holy book, and since when can you judge a holy book? Plus, I'm Jewish, it's not my place to ‘judge’ the Qur'an.
I found it interesting to see all the things we, Jews and Muslims, have in common. It helped me understood way better what I was reading.
Once and for all : if you seriously think being Muslim is about hating people, then it means you haven't read the Qur'an or that you're not even trying to understand what being Muslim truly means.
lamarcus brown
Apr 16, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's the Koran. Even if, like me, you are not religious you should still read the Koran since it is such a big part of this world. If for no other reason than to have some sort of understanding into what everyone is talking about and fighting over and if you are religious, if you are Christian or Muslim you HAVE to read this so that no one else can tell you what it says; if you rely on others they can mislead you, whether purposely or not, down the wrong path to understand the true message of th ...more
Tim Franzen
Jan 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this a lot easier to read then the bible. It's also a lot shorter.Anyone concerned with the state of modern Islam should read this inspiring text. As wityh the bible there are parts that are clearly outdated and even offensive. One must really imagine life a very long time ago, before there there was computers and silly puddy.
♥ Ibrahim ♥
No more of this book! You may wonder why no more with this book. Well, Turn to page 54 of this book, and read the fourth chapter, verse 34, and put yourself in my place when you discover this books permits the male to beat the woman, just because she is not a male. Here is the whole verse:

"If you fear high-handedness from your wives, remind them [of the teachings of God:], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them."

What?! Hit them? You mean I a man hit a woman?! No hitting is acceptable
yellow tree
i am not going to rate it, because it can't be approximated enough; and for the same reason i'm not going to say much about it either. just this: it changed my life. to the good.
Shelli
Sep 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: world-religions
Everyone should read this book at least once in their lifetime. I think it's especially critical given the conflict between Islam and the West.
Sina
Mar 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One Day I Will Understand it Perfectly!!!
Anum
Jul 19, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-qur-an, favorites
This is one book that I will never be finished reading. I believe no one can be finished with it unless they understand it fully and completely and then implement it fully and completely in their lives. As that is near to impossible unless Allah wills it, I will never be changing the status to read of this miracle.

I know that this book can change lives and will always enlighten the path of those who Allah wills and of those who will let it enlighten their path.

Every human being, I emphasise ag
Jeruen
Jun 09, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been raised as a Christian, pretty much from the very beginning. After 25 years, I decided to call it quits and identify as an atheist. There are plenty of reasons I have for making that decision, but one day, I thought, that those reasons were all due to my reactions against Christianity. So here I am, finding myself rejecting religion, all due to assumptions based on one religion: Christianity. Thus, I felt uncomfortable to reject religion across the board, using only data points from one ...more
Werner
Mar 10, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to understand Islam
Shelves: other-nonfiction
Note, May 22, 2013: Some of the discussion below convinced me that I should add a couple of clarifying sentences, which I've just done.

With the current controversies over the projected "Ground Zero" mosque and the threatened Koran burning, a review of the Koran (also spelled Quran; there isn't always a one-on-one correspondence of Arabic and Latin letters) seemed topical. That might seem ground that angels fear to tread, fraught as it is with controversy, deeply-felt sensibilities for some, and
Huda Aweys
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality, quran
الخمس نجوم بتوعي للقرآن الكريم و بس :) ..
اتفقنا :) ؟؟
.....
God is Merciful .. Most Merciful, The King, The peace, The dominant, The mighty, The Creator .. God has a beautiful names as a whole, is not (unknown), is (one Lord) for Christians and Muslims and Buddhists and Brahma and ancient pharaohs, all sanctified (God), and as Muslims we do not have a problem if the Christians wrote that God is the author of the Bible, to the contrary, And if they did not wrote it we will wrote ! , So do not clai
Erin
Apr 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you only ever in your entire life read one book, read this one. I promise you, it is unlike anything else you'll ever read.
Haleema
Jul 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves to learn the truth, knowledge-seekers
Shelves: classics
This is awkward. Well, I'm a Muslim. Therefore, I will find this the best book in the history of civilization. =)
Nil
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Say: "can the blind be held equal to the seeing?" Will ye then consider not?

"Enam, 50"
Soad
Aug 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The holy Quran is a book that everyone should read no matter the religion but it should be read in its original language, like most books that are translated it loses flavor when its not.The Arabic language when read has many different meanings and when translated it loses those,so u get one verse that means one thing when actually it has 3 or 4 different meanings (does that make sense?)as much as i read the Quran i learn something new every time and im happy to say it does not teach hate or vio ...more
Jimmy
Sep 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: atheism
This book has been one of the biggest reading disappointments of my life. It starts off with the line: "This Book is not to be doubted." My brain is my second favorite organ. Why would I want to hang it up on a rack while I read the Koran? Of course, I am going to doubt it if I feel it is warranted. Why would any intelligent person not doubt?

Then it gets into a retelling of the Old Testament of the Bible. And actually just some of the stories, some of the more famous ones. It's sort of like ret
Aqsa (On Hiatus)
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S RATED 4.34 RIGHT NOW! HELP ME MAKE IT 5!
Markus
Jan 30, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
In the turbulent age we live in, it seems appropriate to give this book a go.

Almost all the visible influences of Islam that I have seen have been negative. As a historian, I am faced with the unfortunate series of events where the advent of this religion and its spread through the Arab conquests either destroyed or subverted many of the most fascinating cultures in human history.

As a citizen of the 21st century, I am faced with the obvious dangers of Islamic extremism, where I, along with the r
Syed Misbahuddin
QURAN

Quran (means recitation in Arabic)

Muslims recite the whole book once during the month of Ramazan, this is happenning since 1428 years now, some people recite this once everyday, some once every week. It has 114 chapters (Sura) This book is in Arabic language.

Quran is a big Ocean, Amateurs like me make mistakes with such a big subject, but I think it is better to be imperfect and full of mistakes than be perfect and all alone.

I will only describe the physical aspects of Quran in this review,
O
Jul 10, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Zadignose
Like the Bible, but more so.

Things you might want to know about the Quran:

-It's far more organic to the Bible than you probably think. The Quran effectively positions itself as the latest revelation from the God of Abraham, and a sort of warning/correction for those people of the book who may not have been faithful to the intent of their own God. It has its perspective, of course. If I had to summarize the main ways in which the Islam of the Quran differs from Judaism and Christianity, it would
Bryce
Feb 16, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wishes to understand the world better
Recommended to Bryce by: My professor for "Islam and the Gospel".
The Holy Qu'ran is a fascinating read. While I am not Muslim, I appreciate the impact this text has had on world history. The writing style and structure of the book is extremely interesting. I feel like after having read the Suras, I have gained a great appreciation for the roughly one billion peaceful Muslims worldwide.
Manny
The more I think about the current Goodreads policy on "author behavior", the more bemused I feel. At first, I was reluctant to believe that Goodreads could actually be following advice from StGRB, a notorious crank site. It seemed too much like a conspiracy theory. But the picture emerging on Ceridwen's Tumblr does rather seem to be pointing in that direction.

If Goodreads really intends to delete reviews commenting on author behavior, which is what they say, they have chosen an odd selection fo
Data Change and Librarianship Inaccuracies 1 1 Jun 05, 2020 05:02AM
Goodreads Librari...: Combine, please 5 20 May 22, 2020 04:24PM
Goodreads Librari...: Author Name needs fixing 2 19 May 13, 2020 03:12PM
How to learn to read the Quran 1 16 Jan 10, 2019 07:42AM
QURAN 1 8 Dec 20, 2018 10:51AM
Outstanding Breathe of life and Death Into the Hearts of Men that Throws Arrows of Flames 1 3 Dec 07, 2018 03:16PM
Daily Choice Hemp Oillonging 1 3 Feb 24, 2018 06:47AM

• في ظلال القرآن
  • A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
  • The Heart of Islam: Enduring Values for Humanity
  • Muhammad: A Prophet for Our Time
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.

News & Interviews