Start by marking “Four Little Kittens” as Want to Read:
Four Little Kittens

Four Little Kittens

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  885 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Four kittens become four different types of cats when they grow up -- alley cat, ship's cat, farm cat, and house cat.
Published March 29th 2001 by Golden books (first published January 1st 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Four Little Kittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Little Kittens

David Sarkies
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
The kitten who wanted to be a beggar
15 November 2013

I found this to be rather amusing because of the occupations that were open up to the four kittens. One of them was a ship's cat (or a sailor), one was a farm cat (or a farmer), and one of them was an alley cat (or a beggar). Actually, the first option that was laid out to the four kittens was that of a beggar. Okay, I understand that this book is a children's book and it is using cats as an analogy of us growing up and taking a profession, bu
Dharia Scarab
Nov 05, 2015 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Jonathan
Mar 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
I did not read this; Molly read it to me.
Molly G
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A favorite from when I was a child. I foolishly gave away my copy in adolescence and have missed it ever since. This past birthday, I was presented with a replacement at last!
Wayne Walker
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Four little kittens are born on some soft hay in the corner of a barn, and the mother cat wonders what kind of cats they’ll grow up to be. After they open their eyes and get bigger, Tuff, the biggest, goes off to be an Alley Cat like Uncle Tom. Luff decides to be a Ship’s Cat like Uncle Tar. Ruff wants to be a Farm Cat like Mother. But little Muff doesn’t like to chase rats on a farm, or run from stray dogs in the alley, or climb masts on a ship. So, where will she go? And what kind of cat will ...more
Megan Rowland
Mar 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cats
Have a cat lover in your class? This is an informational book about cats. It explains all the different kinds of cats. One specific cat was not sure what kind of cat it wanted to be until he was a little girl's pet.
Alexandra Beatriz
I love it
Marty
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I remember Mom reading this to me. Great book. I read it to my children also.
Micaela Kiersten
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book .It was speaking about kittens I love kittens
Dee
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any child.
An adorable book for little kids, especially good for bedtime, as it's nice and peaceful.
Tara Calaby
Jul 03, 2009 rated it it was ok
I really liked this one as a kid, mostly because it was about KITTENSOMG, but it loses a little when one re-reads as an adult. That's okay, though. I'm hardly the target audience any more ;)
Cindy
Jul 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I read this to my two children many many times.
ShaniceWhite
Mar 05, 2017
Kayla
Jun 22, 2015
  • My First Counting Book
  • The Friendly Book (Big Little Golden Book)
  • I Can Fly
  • Doctor Dan: The Bandage Man
  • My Goodnight Book
  • The Happy Man and His Dump Truck
  • The Jolly Barnyard
  • The Bunny Book
  • The Fuzzy Duckling (a Little Golden Book)
  • Baby Animals (A Little Golden Book)
  • The Firefighters' Busy Day
  • The Little Kitten
  • Mother Goose (Little Golden Book)
  • The Animals' Christmas Eve
  • Cat
  • Hansel and Gretel
  • The Aristocats
Kathleen N. Daly was born in London but spent her childhood on the island of Mauritius, in the Indian Ocean, and in France and Scotland. Ms. Daly has been a children's book editor in both England and America, and is the author of more than thirty books for children, many of them on plants and animals of the world. She now makes her home in New York City. (1977)
More about Kathleen N. Daly...