Start by marking “The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children” as Want to Read:
The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children

The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  350 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Indigo children are bright, intuitive, strong-willed, sometimes self-destructive individuals. They are often labelled - and misdiagnosed - as having ADD or ADHD because they won't comply with established rules and patterns; and they may exhibit behavioural problems at home and in school. In this text, Doreen Virtue explores the psyche of these special children, aiming to p ...more
Published May 29th 2001 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children

Bethany
Mar 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
As a teenager, a Reiki master friend of mine taught me about Indigo and Crystal children. Today, I'm a polarity student (I'm what the author might call a Somatic Experiencing therapist... in training; p. 227). A lot of what we've learned in class is echoed in "The Care and Feeding of Indigo Children," such as the Ayruvedic doshas, the nutrition aspect, clearing one's self and space, raising vibrations, and performing Lightwork. I am also a play advocate. The author stresses the importance of bei ...more
Summer
Mar 27, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2007
In terms of quality, this book is worth less than one star. For entertainment value, it's a 5+. According to the book's test, I am an "indigo child" and thus should be able to travel through time by not looking at clocks. That's right, time doesn't exist if you don't look at clocks.

Because this book has a disturbingly high rating on Goodreads, I would like to amend my review to read: IF YOU BELIEVE THIS BOOK, YOU ARE ACTIVELY HARMING YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN.
Whole And
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: new parents, parents of children labeled with ADD
Thank you Doreen Virtue for the insights you offer - I was able to understand myself MUCH better than ever before and create space for understanding my daughter as her being unfolds. I read this book several times while pregnant and as a new mother. Over the last 4 years, I've gained great perspective on all children based on Doreen's perspective.

If you have a ever wondered if you are an Indigo, if you don't know what an 'Indigo' is, if you have a child that doesn't quite 'fit' into the norms of
Anna
Jun 27, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm not a parent myself but I do work with children and so I decided to read this book because I thought it'd be of help understanding certain children. Most chapters of this book were quite useful, others made my eyes roll... It was very interesting to know more about who the indigo children really are and how to recognise them. Also, how to help them to feel better in this world and the given advice for feeding them in a healthy way.
However, this book was written by an American author for Ame
Ali
May 11, 2008 rated it liked it
A little too fluffy for my taste, but heartwarming to know that my child isn't mentally ill... he's on a mission to save humanity!

I often think that mission is to make me crazy.

This books serves to make me think twice before judging my child's strange behaviors. That alone, earns it an extra star.
Christopher Selmek
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I picked up this book because I had seen a couple books by Doreen Virtue in the New Age section at my Barnes and Nobles, and this seemed like a good one to start with. I was diagnosed as Attention Deficit Disorder as a child, but the ADD label never sat right with me, and in the 90s it was being applied to everyone.

The introduction to this book explains that Indigo Children are being medicated because they’re perceptions aren’t quite in line with everybody else’s – as Doreen says it is Attention
Pheng Heong Tan
'Take heed that you do not despise any of these little ones,' Jesus saying. 'For they are great in the kingdom of G!D - the kingdom of Heaven; and they have angels watching over them in the kingdom of Heaven' (as written in Scriptures)

'If any of you offer any of these little ones even a touch on skin, compassionately - not as the hypocrites do, nor as those who patronise do: 'oh, yes, hm, you're right, we agree,' but later with their fellows say 'oh, surely we are on your side, we were only mock
Dawna
Apr 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I have been doing quite a bit of delving into the subject of 'special' children as of late, and while I believe that all children are special and attempting to label them is restrictive, I do believe there are some souls that have come in at this time to change the way things are per waived and done. The old paradigms no longer work, and these souls are here to show us just that. Among these are the manner we deal with our children.

With that being said, I did find some of what Ms Virtue shared i
Cherie
Jun 24, 2008 rated it liked it
This is a somewhat "out there" book that talks about the significance of the children now coming to Earth (they all have indigo-purple auras). I believe in auras, so this isn't a huge stretch for me....Heck, I know I've got 3 little Indigos hanging out at my house! From what I have gathered, the children of today have a collective mission (to usher in the return of our Savior by preparing the Earth to receive and give love). But this book kind of leaves God out of it. I'm waiting for a Christian ...more
Kelly
Aug 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I would have given this 5 stars only I don't really hold with ALL that is said in the book.
The "indigo child" phemomenom wavers between children send frm heaven and children from other planets, neither of which I personally buy.
However I totally agree with a lot of the advice given here to help you raise your child in the modern world.
As a mum of 3 I know that excessive electricity sends my kids loopy, that highly coloured and additive filled foods are worse than speed and that sometimes you hav
Starla Nichols
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
finally! phew! I had to request this book 4 times from out of state library book request. it is an interesting read on understanding this "new wave" of children here. I am a child stuck between the old ways and the new ways. industrial born and raised trying to get through life in a technology world. trying to raise 2 kids in a technology world with outdated industrial values. It is an encouraging, enlightening book. definately a must read for more open minded individuals. and btw, this is suppo ...more
Nancy
Dec 05, 2011 rated it liked it
A very interesting read that I picked up to read in order to try to understand what the seemingly illogical to me actions of teenage children of my friends were doing and not doing - dropping out of or not even engaging in post secondary education opportunities for example.

What future were they envisioning and where were their spirits taking them was of keen interest to me.

I had also been reading about auras and wondered what the reference to indigo meant.

In reading this book I learned a lot as
Doina Darii
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Being myself an Indigo child, it is indeed nice to fall upon a book like this one. i adore her kind of writing she writes from knowledge and experience and she approaches the subject with so much rispect and love that it is hard not to feel loved and chrieshed by it. it is definetly a helpful manual to s Indigo children but also one to the new people who just approached it. it helps a lot with understanding the actions that have been made the strange feelings that you have and don't kno why. it ...more
Amy
May 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book was a facsinating read and a real eye opener for me. There were things that I didn't agree with, as is always the case when you are reading things that aren't directly realated with your religious beliefs. However, there were many truths in it. After having a person whom I trust very much tell me that my son was a Indigo and that I should read this book, I did. I am so glad that I did. It has helped me to understand him better and relate to him better and differently as well.
Saadia
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it
It is just a handbook about taking care of these special personalities referred to as "indigo" youngsters. Particular care about their sensitive physical and psychic natures: environment, clothing, emotions, food etc. What I found most useful was the set of half a dozen powerful techniques invoking angels to help protect and cleanse the loved one.
Adela Carmona
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

You definitely have to be open minded while reading this book. I had a hard time wrapping my brain around all the "angel " references, but over all the advice in this book was helpful in better understanding my son and why he behaves the way he does.
Nikki
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read for parents of indigo children. The parenting tips are great for any parents though. Gives actual tools to use in many different scenerios.
Justine
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An invaluable and practical book on special Indigo children, also love the affirmations/protections.
Dec 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
I truly enjoyed this book and I think it's fantastic for parents, teens and adults who relate to the topics discussed. I found it insightful.
Lisa Patete-dottoli
Nov 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
excellent!
Patty Wahlquist
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
cool
Carolina
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Interisting parenting advise. Also, useful for one's own lifestyle
Josslyn
Jan 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
If you have questions about Indigo Children this is a good book. You really only need one good book about Indigo Children, maybe read two. Best to get this one at the library.
Angela
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
As a mother of a 10 year old Indigo. I thought this book was great. It gave me some tools to help my son and relate to him on a diffrent level.
Kristin Frasier
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
It's a nice book on Indigo Children. Very new Age centered, but still useful. Uses the author's own Angel Therapy approach that she touts in her other books. It's with a look.
Creative Choices
Jan 25, 2008 marked it as to-read
Own it haven't read it yet!
Kathy Brandon
  • Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become
  • Dreams Like Mine
  • Spirit Nudges: Proof That Spirit Is Never Far Away
  • Old Souls: The Sages and Mystics of Our World
  • Lit from Within: The Sacred Path to Healthy Self-Esteem and Permanent Weight Loss
  • Do It Yourself Akashic Wisdom: Access the Library of Your Soul
  • The Little Book of Horse Quotes (Little Quote Books)
  • Discover Atlantis: A Guide to Reclaiming the Wisdom of the Ancients
  • Your Immortal Reality: How to Break the Cycle of Birth and Death
  • Tell Me a Story: Finding God (and Ourselves) Through Narrative
  • Enlightenment Ain't What It's Cracked Up to Be: A Journey of Discovery, Snow and Jazz in the Soul
  • The Children of Now: Crystalline Children, Indigo Children, Star Kids, Angels on Earth, and the Phenomenon of Transitional Children
  • Beach Devotions: Refreshing Your Soul with Lessons from the Beach
  • The Overcoming Life
  • Breaking The Cover Girl Mask
  • The Wisdom of the Shire: A Short Guide to a Long and Happy Life
Doreen Virtue is a fourth-generation metaphysician and clairvoyant doctor of psychology. Doreen is the author of numerous best-selling books and products, including Assertiveness for Earth Angels, and Healing With the Angels book and cards.

She's been featured on Oprah, CNN, Good Morning America, and in newspapers and magazines worldwide including her weekly column in Woman's World magazine called
More about Doreen Virtue...