Start by marking “Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Vector, #1)” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Vector, #1)

Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 1 (Star Wars: Vector #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  951 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
In Chapter 1: Knights of the Old Republic Volume 5, a terrible vision reaching far into the future alerts the secret Jedi Covenant to the importance of Taris, and they activate operative Celeste Morne. She encounters a monstrous threat, an ancient Sith artifact, an army of Mandalorians, and Zayne Carrick, the Padawan accused of killing his fellow students! Then, over 4,000 ...more
Published January 31st 2009 by Dark Horse Comics (first published October 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Randy Lander
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
All Star Wars comics are not created equal, and while there are things I like about all the Star Wars comics Dark Horse is currently publishing, I only pick up two of them in trade regularly.

So I was a bit annoyed that to keep following the stories without skipping a trade, I had to buy the trades for the other ones. Randy Stradley's intro admits that they came up with this crossover as a response to Secret Wars/Final Crisis, etc. and unfortunately, while the series may have hit its commercial g
Martin
Feb 04, 2016 rated it did not like it
This relatively short story is part of a larger crossover series with other Star Wars comics. It barely has any plot and doesn't really add any new developments to the KotOR series. As such you can easily skip it and not miss anything of the story. It's really mostly a marketing stunt.
The writing is very weak with nothing happening and there are really only four characters who have more than one or two lines of dialogue. Two of them are basically new to the series and also gone again by the end.
Teresa
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it
(3963, 19 BBY)

This is a unique collaborative volume that contains volume five of Knights of the Old Republic and volume three of Dark Times. Both are put together in one volume with a story woven around a Jedi introduced in the next installment of KotOR, Celeste Morne. Zayne gets mixed up on a mission with her to retrieve an ancient Sith artifact that can control the beasts of the Rakghoul Plague. On a side mission to eliminate Zayne, Celeste realizes that he is a better man than she thought. Wh
Jared
Star Wars Legends Project #16

Background: Knights of the Old Republic: Vector was released in four issues from January to May 2008. The trade paperback was released in January 2009. It was written by John Jackson Miller and pencilled by Scott Hepburn. Hepburn also pencilled 7 issues of The Clone Wars, along with various other things, mostly for Marvel (Captain Marvel, X-Men, The Avengers, Fantastic Four), but also some work on a "Dr. Horrible" comic, "Street Fighter," and "Thundercats."

A specia
Adam
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars, comics
In theory I don't think Vector is a particularly good idea, but it links some of the best Star Wars comics out there and in the hands of those competent artists it almost works. Zayne, Gryph, and Celeste are strong characters that jump off the page even coming into their story abruptly, and while the whole thing is an unwelcome interruption from Dark Times' normal business, I don't begrudge it too much. It feels just within the realm of plausibility, just barely. It doesn't add much to anyone's ...more
Mr. Twinkie
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Many readers consider this a disgusting marketing-stunt and the creators do admit that this is also the case. No secret there. The first part also seems to have a significant lower quality in the drawing than from previous volumes of the Knights of The Old Republic-series. It is quite remarkable that this could get published and if it didn't have a better second part this would have been close to a 1 star.
Julie
Read the first section while reading all the SW: KOTOR comic series. The plot is interesting and Celeste gets to have a little background and some character development in those four issues.

Section 2, intertwined with SW: Dark Times, was pretty good. The artwork is completely different and I don't know any of the characters from that series, but I was interested to see what became of Celeste. Interesting interaction with Vader.
Kathleen
Feh.

I can see what they were trying to do with this comic. They were trying to have a single thread to link together the "eras" of Star Wars-- Old Republic, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and that one really weird far-future one with Cade Skywalker getting stalked by his great-great-however-many-greats-grandfather's Force ghost, as one does-- but it didn't really... work.

Granted, this volume only covered the first two, a Knights of the Old Republic story and Darth Vader stumbling across someone fr
Octavi
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesante historia que atraviesa diferentes sagas.
David Sarkies
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Star Wars Fanatics
Recommended to David by: The Computer Game
Shelves: sci-fi
Melissa
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, star-wars
One* of the reasons I strayed from DC Comics was its insistence on publishing confusing, expensive multi-issue crossovers on a regular basis. When I saw Darth Vader on the cover of this trade, I knew instantly what it meant: the crossover virus had infected Dark Horse. The one redeeming factor, however, is that Dark Horse's editors have no qualms about admitting this was a sales stunt--as evidenced in a column in the beginning of the book. (I couldn't believe what I was reading.)

Not only does th
Yves
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars, bd, sf
Lorsqu'ils ont sorti Vector, le but était de relier les quatre séries de Star Wars dans une seule BD. Le défi était de taille car il y a près de 4000 ans qui sépare la série Knights of The Old Republic et la série Legacy.

La première partie que les le 5e volume de Knights of The Old Republic raconte l'histoire d'une jeune Jedi qui est à la recherche d'une ancien talisman Sith qui serait la cause du virus qui transforme les gens en rakghoul. Pour retrouver ce talisman, elle aura l'aide de Zayne Ca
Jeff Lanter
Jun 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
To the best of my knowledge, this is the first crossover book I've ever read in comics where I was reading every series involved. Ultimately, I would say your interest in both titles (Knights of the Old Republic and Dark Times) is critical to determining how much you will enjoy Volume 1 of Vector. The first story arc from KOTOR is solid much like the series. If you know about Rakghouls from the video games then I think you will really appreciate the background information here. The art is a litt ...more
Michael Nash
Sep 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Vector is a storyline that runs across the four ongoing Dark Horse Star Wars series'. Volume 1 covers Knights of the Old Republic ( the setting of which seems to be based on Bioware's eponymous RPG), and Dark Times (a comic set in the period between the the overthrow of the Republic and the the rise of the Rebeliion, and in which Darth Vader apparently figures as a main character). The problem with this story is that it interacts seriously with the established stories of the various timelines, w ...more
Ritinha
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A arte do Scott Hepburn é grotescamente próxima daquilo que de menos airoso se avista na BD nipónica (e nem a impecabilíssima coloração de Michael Atieh salva os painéis de um aspecto pacóvio-juvenil).

O segmento Knights of the Old Republic acaba por ser salvo pela presença de artefactos Sith, redenção de um «vilão» pelo sacrifício, praga ainda mais cool que zombies e os constantes planos de Marn Hierogryph para a obtenção de proveitos pessoais de pendor económico (mesmo sob apocalipse iminente).
Alan
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it
The only reason I picked up this volume to read was because the concluding volume contains stories in John Ostrander's Star Wars: Legacy series, and I really enjoy Ostrander's work. the good here is that the editors include a brief introduction before each section as Vector crosses over into all four of the Star Wars titles published by Dark Horse. The intro enables the casual reader to have, at the worse, a glimmer into what is happening in the respective series. The good here is the introducti ...more
sixthreezy
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Wow I really enjoyed this volume of KOTOR. Granted, it's the first volume of the Vector storyline which is coming from the Knights. The Vector storyline I believe will be following the girl jedi with which Zayne becomes acquainted with during this volume. Darth Vader also has a minor role in here, which I liked as well. The plague of whatever-they're-called's... Was a cool bit of this too. I'd really like the rest of the KOTOR volumes to read as easily and provide as much excitement as this one ...more
Linette
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Volume 5 of Knights of the old republic
I absolutely loved to follow the epic journey of Zayne Carrick. I simply swallowed the series whole.
Mike Jozic
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When I read this trade the first time I was only reading DARK TIMES with any regularity. As a result, I found this crossover serviceable and entertaining but, overall, unremarkable. Four KOTOR trades later, however, and I'm much more invested in the story and can really appreciate what the creative teams are trying to accomplish, here. It may be my favorite of the OLD REPUBLIC collections so far and actually manages to use the 'event' as an opportunity to set the main character, Zayne, on a new ...more
Roberta
Aug 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Star Wars fans
This book is about the Muur Talisman, and goes across into three timelines. It originates in the Knights of the Old Republic where Zayne Carrick meets a Jedi Covenanter, Celeste. The second story is a continuation of the Dark Times series where Vader meets the bearer of the Muur talisman and involved the crew of the ship from the first two comics.

The continuation of the series is supposed to be a sequel to the Rebellion and Legacy series moving farther in time.

Interesting idea. The graphics were
Steven Shinder
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
The art style for the KOTOR portion of this "cross-through" took some getting used to, and I found myself missing Jarael. It's difficult to tell whether or not anything in the KOTOR portion really adds much to Zayne Carrick's story. It definitely sets up Celeste Morne's story throughout Vector very well. The Dark Times portion felt more like a Darth Vader story than a Dark Times story. The Uhumele crew is barely featured, and there's no impactful death of any of them until the end, which I'm cer ...more
M
Jan 03, 2012 rated it liked it
This succeed in getting me interested in reading KotOR at some point, despite the bad artwork, especially because I realized that part of Lost Tribe of the Sith references the Covenant. The plot overall is interesting, but I'm not sure how I feel about having zombies in Star Wars. It seems kinda stupid to me, but since apparently they come from KotOR, my reaction might be different when I read that series.
Shaun
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two Star Wars eras tied by a single story. I like the idea of a cross title event for Star Wars. The story was pretty fun and they brought in great characters from their properties like Zayne and Darth Vader. Celeste was a great addition to the mythos of the universe and a nice character to introduce during Vector. It was certainly fun to see how Zayne and his companions reacted to the Muur Talisman and the Rakghouls and Darth Vader wanting to use them for his own purposes.
Hedlun
Jan 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Maybe this is being picky but I didn't like that the Rakghoul Plague involved complete shape-shifting. Also, I haven't been paying attention to who did the pencil for the previous volumes but there is definitely a difference in style. I preferred the other. Am still enjoying the story line, though, and it was cool for them to do a cross over spanning so many years of the story line.
Jedi Sunni
Jan 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mine
Darktimes vol 3:

Not as long as I would of liked but still very enjoyable and filled with intrigue. This was a cossover that I thought was done very nicely and again it show just how deep into the dark side Vader has sunk. I thought that the Rakghoul plague was cool but I don't understand why everyone was not affected by it. Anyway great comic! My rating for this volume is 4.8 out of 5.0.
[boredom.is.overrated]
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Excellent story telling! Odd, sometimes off-putting art, in the first story, but I didn't have a problem with it. (I think other people would though.) Loved the art and story telling in the second half. It's great reading about a new and different character (Celeste). Give it a try!
Stephanie Ricker
Eh, pretty uninspiring. Confusing in parts, and the art was odd--one character's face consistently looked malformed, which I'm pretty sure wasn't what they were going for. There were one or two redeeming moments that bumped it up to two stars.
DC
Mar 29, 2010 rated it liked it
I really didn't like the art in the first part of this book - too cartoony for my tastes, and Morne was far too asymmetrical. But I liked the story and characters enough to start in on the Knight of the Old Republic Series.
Zare
Nov 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
First part of the story-line that will cross several time periods in Star Wars universe. [return]Very interesting story and plot makes Vector appealing to those that have not read (or are not familiar to the events) of Expanded Universe.[return][return]Recommended
Philippe Chambas
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
good serice
  • Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 2
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Two: Parallels
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabim
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Rescues (Star Wars: Invasion, #2)
20028
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more
More about John Jackson Miller...

Star Wars: Vector (2 books)
  • Star Wars: Vector, Vol. 2