Start by marking “Blood King (Spirit Seeker, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood King (Spirit Seeker, #1)

Blood King (Spirit Seeker, #1)

While the Blood King lives, no one is safe.

Sybille Esmond never wanted to inherit her family’s weird business: summoning spirits of the undead and guiding them to the afterlife. While it pays the bills, dealing with supernatural monsters comes with colossal risks, including becoming undead herself.

When tall, dark, and undead Elis Tanner, a reformed member of the soulless e
Published August 27th 2019 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Blood King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood King

Carla
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great paranormal book. With many twists and turns I didn't want to stop reading it to go to sleep. You will get to really know the main characters and how they think. If you want a mildly spine chilling book to read on a dark stormy night than this is a book you won't want to pass up!
Nickie Bryant
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blood King surprised me. I rarely read books with a vampire twist and yet I got sucked into this story. Each character was well defined and I found myself wanting to know their individual stories, all while being completely engaged in the events unfolding in this one. I love books with complex, interesting characters and Blood King does not disappoint.
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this paranormal series so far! Sybille and Elias make an unlikely team, but she realizes that she will have to rely on him to do her job, protect herself and her family and free him from a past he can't forget. This is packed with mystery, secrets, danger, guilt and the possibility of a chance to not be lonely anymore....just a great read! Fair warning...the ending may make you want to scream...in a good way!
Susan
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Blood King is the promising start to a new series by Amber K. Bryant. I found myself sucked into the story from the start. Very entertaining with a unique spin on vampires. Can’t wait to read more adventures with Sybille & Elis!
Darly
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From its intriguing and mysterious beginning at the county fair, Blood King nabbed my attention from the start and only tightened its grip through this beautifully told tale that alternates points-of-view between sassy spirit seeker, Sybille Esmond, and the irresistible bloodthirster, Elis Tanner.

I was already a fan of Amber Bryant’s work, having enjoyed her collaboration with R.L. Stine and her contest-winning shorts judged by the amazing Margaret Atwood, and was pleasantly surprised to find t
Tina
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What an amazing and extremely eclectic story. It was off the beaten path, meaning that it's a very unique story unlike any you've ever read! I was so pleasantly surprised at every turn of the page. I am absolutely in awe of this new to me author and will be waiting patiently for more to come!
Debra Goelz
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amber K. Bryant knows how to spin a story. Her stories have been chosen by Margaret Atwood and R.L. Stine in contests judged by them. Blood King is a refreshing paranormal twist about a woman who makes a living guiding lost souls to the afterlife, a sexy blood-thirster, and his jealous undead ex who refuses to die. The book is fast-paced and exciting. The last page will leave you as breathless as the undead and yearning for more. A must read!
Rosetta Overman
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
There is a lot going on in this book, from romance (including a love triangle), to mystery, thriller and so much more. Sometimes it comes off as a little overwhelming in the scheme of a single novel, mostly in the opening where the second chapter –a flashback – can feel a little out of left field. But following that part, which contains important information leading into one of the bigger plots of the story, it picks up. The introduction of each new character gives more people to love (or hate, ...more
Taeresa H.  Kohlbeck
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure, I was sent an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I had no idea going into this story what to expect and was delighted to find myself sucked in almost from the very start, diving into Sybille's life along with surrounding characters, Elis, Devin, Margot, and Peter. The characters are all well developed, the story line immediately engaging. This is the first novel by Amber K. Bryant I've read and I'm already looking forward to reading more about these char
Joseline
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There are a lot of interesting things in this book and will suck you in with a lot of twists that will leave your mind blown.
Tammy
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was a great read for a change of pace. Nothing light hearted about it. Sybille and Elias have a great working relationship but does it have the possibility to turn into more even though he is undead? As they and Sybille's group look for the Blood King the story goes deeper than anyone thought.
A.R.
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this debut of Amber Bryant. Well written and an intriguing take on the urban fantasy.
Yandy
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is one that must be read in one sitting! It involved a great mystery, a little romance and a lot of danger. I can’t wait for the sequel to come out!
Mandy Parmenter
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Sybille Esmond has inherited her family's business and summons the spirits of the undead and guides them to the afterlife. She never wanted to but it pays the bills although there are huge risks including becoming undead. Elis Tanner is undead and trying to be reformed although he does bring along a possessive ex-wife which increases the risks for Sybille as she helps him to confront his jealous ex-wife as well as try to investigate the Blood King who refuses to die by stake or poison. As part o ...more
Jamie Brydone-Jack
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, 2019
Not Quite What I Thought But Still Good

I'm not quite sure what I was expecting after reading the book description, but what I got wasn't quite it. I don't think the author was wholly honest in the blurb about the actual nature of some of the characters in this book. Rather, she danced around what they were, perhaps hoping that the reader would draw their own conclusion or might not connect the dots. Despite feeling like I was somewhat tricked into choosing a book that I would not normally have c
Betina Clark
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author vividly describes her world in a way that quickly draws you in. This is a unique tale about a vampire, his undead ex that haunts him, and a woman that makes her living guiding souls to the afterlife. This book has alot going on and to be honest the flashback in chapter two kinda threw me off but keep on because this book is worth it. The flashback does give you important background information. You get a love triangle., a mystery, and a surprising plot twist. That cliffhanger at the e ...more
Mary Ann
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that 'vampires' are not usually my go to genre. In fact, after the debacle of Twilight, I sort of avoid them. Bryant has brought a freshness to vampires and a vulnerability that is a welcome voice to the supernatural world. I love Sybille with her sassiness and take no bull attitude. I love the strength of Devin and his unwavering loyalty to our heroine. Still on the fence with Elis. Not sure I completely trust him but we shall see. The plot is full charge ahead and you barely ge ...more
Philleys Peters
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not usually in to spirit summoners but I do love the occasional vampire story and this one is unusual in it's take on vampires or blood thirsters as the author refers to them. A suspenseful storyline and its various characters including the ghost whisperer Sybill and Elis the vampire, mesh well in to the plot. The machinations of the blood king and the devious plots of Elis dead and ghostly ex-wife ratchet up the suspense of the story. Interesting.

I received a free copy of this book via Boo
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read this author before. It was a nice surprise when starting a new series/author to find engaging character building and world building throughout the time this first book spans. The author sets this book up to be a series with a lot of foreshadowing of events to come. I’m trying not to put spoilers on here, BUT If you love otherworldly creatures, places, and scenarios I’d recommend giving this a read. Just don’t be upset when your left wanting the next installment. The last page is a ...more
Heather Cleaver
Aug 27, 2019 rated it liked it
This was the 1st book of this series and 1st from the author. I don't usually enjoy books with a vampire twist, this story surpirsed me and was entertaining. Overall it was a good story and has the structure to build upon. I am giving it 3 stars because it seemed to take an awful long time to get the details out in the open. The characters interacted well and seemed to develop more as the story progressed. I will read the next in the series when it is released.
Karin Gesell
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a debut novel for this author, and I have to say, it was quite thrilling. This wasn’t your average paranormal story. It was different from the norm and I very much enjoyed that. I also loved the characters, especially the main ones, mostly Sybille and Elis. Their back and forth and the way they connected was made this that much more enjoyable to read. And the excitement throughout made you not want to put it down. I look forward to the next one!
Rose Brown
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Blood King” is a uniquely complex, fast-paced, exciting paranormal tale of the afterlife that has a well-written storyline. The characters are well-developed and interesting with and unusual mix of personalities and I found myself wanting to know their individual stories. “Blood King” is a great start for the “Spirit Seeker” series.

Elizabeth McDaniel
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vampires, Hierophants, ghosts and Fae and an unimaginable world in the Low. Elis, Sybille and their friends are on a journey of epic proportions to right the world. She’s helping him with his plight of his fanatical ex’s ghost and he’s helping her with her investigation of the awful Blood King. Can’t wait to read the next step in this fun and exciting adventure.

Vanessa
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this debut novel that really doesn't read like one. I enjoyed vetoing beginning to end. The bloodthirster term got on my nerves some but was still unique. The world building was good and I want more. I would have liked more of a relationship forming between Elis and Sybille but then again it is UF.
Lisa Olson
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blood King, by Amber Bryant sucks you in from the first page. Vampires...bloodthirsters...the undead...Love interests...This book has it all! Amber Bryant is a master storyteller and the many twists and turns in her debut book keep you engaged and turning the pages long into the night. I can't wait to read the next book in this series! LOVED it!
Sierra
Aug 15, 2019 added it
This book was amazing! It did start out slow, at least for me; but I was very glad I stuck to it and continued reading. I love the relationship between the two characters, they personalities worked well together in my opinion.

Cannot wait to read more from this author, and I especially can't wait for the series to continue!
Sandy
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
First let me state that I received an Advance Reader Copy, (ARC), but this in no way influences my review. I always leave an honest review. Also this author is new to me, but this won't be for long.

Awesome story. This is a different take on vampires and vampire hunters. There is so much going on throughout this story. I recommend this read. 5 Thumbs up
ALuna
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a solid urban fantasy with word building, engaging characters, a love triangle, an undead ex, and vampires. Highly recommend! It builds in the first few chapters and then spins to a story that makes you want to turn the pages. Sybille and Elis were fun and have good back-and-forth. Well done!
Brittani Brown
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Amber K. Bryant, and I enjoyed it! The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is that it took a while to get into the story (past to present) and I just like to know things a little quicker personally. Other than that, this was a great book!
Porsche Mason
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved how the book flowed and I loved the chemistry between Sybille and Elis it had me think of a mix of vampire diaries and the originals this is the beginning of a phenomenal series

Amber K. Bryant is an award-winning speculative fiction and romance writer living deep within Sasquatch territory in Washington State. Her stories have gained over ten million reads on Wattpad, where she has built a world-wide fan base. She collaborated on a short story with R. L. Stine and won several contests judged by Margaret Atwood. When she isn’t writing, she works as a librarian and spends ...more