Start by marking “Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü” as Want to Read:
Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü

Wir Kinder aus Bullerbü (Barnen i Bullerbyn #1)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  6,976 Ratings  ·  224 Reviews
Nirgendwo ist es so schön wie in Bullerbü! Es gibt in dem kleinen Dorf nur drei Höfe, und Lisa, Bosse, Lasse, Inga, Britta und Ole spielen von früh bis spät. Am allerschönsten findet Lisa aber ihren Geburtstag und Weihnachten - und weil sie im Sommer Geburtstag hat und Weihnachten im Winter gefeiert wird, ist immer etwas los in Bullerbü!
Hardcover, German Edition, 112 pages
Published 1988 by Oetinger Verlag (first published 1946)

Ivonne Rovira
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of all ages
Save this book in the Audible format until you’re sick, deathly sick. Especially if you’re separated from your mother — either by distance or death — so that she is not available to feed you homemade soup, tuck you into bed, and otherwise coddle you and read you a story. The Children of Noisy Village makes a nice substitute when you’re ailing.

The six children of Noisy Village — 9-year-old Lisa; her mischievous older brothers, Karl and Bill; and neighbors Anna, Britta, and Olaf — don’t live in an
Hilary
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this account of day to day Swedish life. Asrid Lindgren captures perfectly the relationship between friends and the rivalry between brother and sister. We loved the details of games played, dens built and festivals celebrated. We really didn't like Tony Ross's illustrations, their modern style just didn't suit the traditional nature of the stories.

We love Bullerby, we would happily move there tomorrow and if that wasn't possible would happily read this book again and imagine!
Manybooks
The Noisy Village series (well actually, the German language translation of Astrid Lindgren's original Swedish text, and where the hamlet is known as Bullerbü) was one of my absolute favourites when I was a little girl (I must have read all three books at least ten times, and that is a conservative estimate). At that age (from about age six to age nine or ten) I just felt and knew on a purely emotional and personal level that I absolutely adored the sweet and enchanting episodical nuggets of car ...more
Martina
Sep 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: swedish
Kousek falunské uzenky, té nejlepší ❤
Cindi
Sheer delight. Seriously. I'm not sure when I've read a children's book that was so delightful. I found this book in "A Landscape with Dragons." The author called it the Little House on the Prairie of Sweden.

I had to keep stopping to read sections to whoever in my family would listen to me. See for yourself:

Mommy says she can't understand why it takes more than twice as long to walk home as it does to walk to school. I don't understand it either. But it just can't be helped.

As we were walking al
Naomi Sarah
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
SIGH. SUCH a childhood endless re-read. I have to read it again soon. This book is just buring with childhood memories and I LOOOVE it. Astrid Lindgren used to be my favourite writer ever, after Laura Ingalls.

And I want to live in Noisy Village so badly. :-)
Clairol
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moje milované Děti z Bllerbynu. Byly doby, kdy jsem na té knize ujížděla,jak na nějaké droze. Myslela jsem si,že už jí znám vážně nazpaměť a ejhle ono je v ní stále co objevovat. Nostlagie největší. Asi si ji zarámuju a pověsím nad postel :-)
Jessica
I had never read this book before, in fact: I'd never heard of it until a few months ago. It's a sweet little book, about the lives of a group of children who live on three neighboring farms. It's written in a very simple style, ostensibly by one of the children, Lisa, who describes different traditions and aspects of their life. This would be a great first chapter book. It's 123 pages, with illustrations in each short chapter.
T for Tongue-tied
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
One of the sweetest children's books ever written. Full of hilarious little adventures, it has that simple old-fashioned feel that I really adore. Lindgren was an amazing author, so imaginative, her stories are truly timeless and contain so many one-liners that make every generation and family laugh. This particular book, describing shenanigans and mischief of Berit, Anna, Lars, Bosse, Lisa and Ole, has been published in English as "The Children of Noisy Village" and I hear that although a bit w ...more
Alekz (Bookupied)
Underbar bok!
Anna
Dec 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, read-in-2009
This is as lovely as I remember it being. A cute, light-hearted bunch of stories about kids growing up in Sweden. My mom used to read the Polish version to me when I was a kid. Definitely something I could see myself reading to my future children.
Dita
Jul 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bestread
Bullerbyn kids series were the books I really fond of when I was a little kido. And the memories never fade away. I read this thousand times and will remember the laughters. All of the kids are cheerful, smart, witty, caring, adventurous and humble at once.
Lucie Novak
Jun 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite children book series of all those books I ever read, if I have grand children, I must get it for them. Lives of 6 children in a tiny hamlet in Sweden, in Czech with beautiful illustrations of a Czech artist Zmatlikova, I read those books again and again.
Christina Ruskjær
Den er så hyggelig.
Věra Škodová
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Já vím, číst Děti z Bullerbynu v 16-ti letech... Jo, jsem případ. :D
Katy Noyes
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
100 pages of nostalgia from the author of Pippi Lockstocking. The children of Noisy Village are six children living on three adjacent farms in a hamlet in Sweden.

One of them narrates these short tales from their year - from making maps and caves in the hayloft in the summer to struggling through miles of snow to get home at Christmas.

The boys and girls are fairly typical - they like adventures and playing pretend, picking strawberries, dressing up, sometimes they prefer to play apart, but they
Colette
As a child, this book was a favorite after discovering it in 3rd grade. I discovered it again, years later, in the English language section of a bookshop in Stuttgart, Germany. Now, I'm pleased to find it again in yet another phase of life. When rereading childhood favorites, I'm always a bit nervous that they won't hold up. I was not disappointed. The Children of Noisy Village is just as delightful and happily nostalgic as it always was. I'm happy to have found it again at the library (the shod ...more
Daniel and Rebekah Eikum
I read this with Gwen (6yo) and it was pure fun! It's about a girl, Lisa, who lives in a little farm town in Sweden. She has many adventures with her friends. I liked learning about the Swedish holiday celebrations. Seeing them through Lisa's eyes was sweet and Gwen could totally relate. I laughed so hard at the chapter about "helping people."
A Severs
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amusing short stories providing an insight into the life of children in rural Sweden at some point in the past. Lots of launchpads for further exploration into Swedish traditions. Great for year 3 children - I'll be recommending it to my 7 year old!
JoLynn
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charming.
Eric Hinkle
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a charming book. I wish I had grown up in Noisy Village instead of the boring suburbs. I would've been a different person, I do believe!

A true classic.
Mila
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, kid-lit
I first read this book when I was 9, maybe 10. I adored it a lot and I was sad I lost my copy over the years. I got a copy (in English this time) recently and as I re-read the book, it was just as magical as the first time. Definite childhood favourite!
Abdollah zarei
روایتی از یک دهکده و شخصیت های کودکانه اش، شاد ، صمیمی و کودکانه. ولی توقع بیشتری از آسترید داشتم. همچنان پسرم می یو رو توی کارای کودکی که ازش خوندم بیشتر دوست دارم
Erkka Karjalainen
Den första bok jag läste på svenska. Den var kanska hård att först men blev lättare när jag läste mer. Jag tycker att jag ska läsa mera på svenska senare!
Pam
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mommy-s-shelf
This book was excellent and confirms what I thought after I read Ronia the Robber's Daughter...which is that Astrid Lindgren is a wonderful author. The language in this book is totally different than in that book, because this book is told in the voice of the little girl, Lisa, who is the main character. The words are simple, but meaningful and capture her experiences just right! In Ronia, the story is told in the 3rd person and uses a different, more adult style of writing that worked beautiful ...more
Catherine
When I first brought this book home from the library (based entirely on GR reviews), my 6-year-old son said it looked "lame." However...after I persisted in reading the first few chapters, he was completely won over. This is the charming story of a year in Noisy Village (really just a cluster of three small farms), in long ago Sweden. 1920s? They travel by foot or occasionally horse-drawn sled, but I think there might be mention of a truck. The Children of the title are three girls and three boy ...more
Melanie
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I am kind of excited! This is the first non-picture book my 5 year old finished with me. I had tried Pippi longstocking and the little prince and neither of those took, but my little one loved this book. It's so funny to me because this book is literally a book with no action in it. It's about a little girl named Lisa who lives with her two brothers in a small village with other kids. They go to school, celebrate holidays and just enjoy being kids. I have to assume my daughter liked it bec ...more
Cheryl
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Children of Noisy Village" is such a wonderful book for children!
It is written by Astrid Lindgren, and I think much of the book was probably based on her own childhood growing up in Sweden in the early 1920's. I just loved reading about Anna, Britta, Karl, etc.. and all of their adventures in Noisy Village, a small group of 3 farms clustered together on the outskirts of town. The author makes you feel as if you are right there riding on the sleigh to school in the winter, searching for eggs
Lorena
So, so sweet! It has some funny and cute moments, and some just ordinary moments that make you wish you lived in the olden days. It is perfect for a read-aloud because the chapters are short, have a couple of pictures, and tell a complete story. The last page is my favorite. You can skip ahead and read it, it won't ruin the story, but you won't feel the full effect of it unless you read the whole book first. Just a note, although there are seven children in the story, the protagonist is a girl ( ...more
Anna
Read this to sick wife last night. As a life-long Astrid Lindgren fan, I am an utterly biased reader ... but having not read this book since childhood, I was struck again by how utterly soothing its episodic little stories are. I particularly like the presence of Olaf, whose kindness and generosity are a counterweight to some of the girl vs. boy dynamics the other children at Noisy Village fall into. A soothing story for humans of any age.
Goodreads Librari...: Better cover 4 187 May 08, 2017 10:48AM
  • Karolcia
  • Der kleine Wassermann
  • Szatan z siódmej klasy
  • Sposób na Alcybiadesa
  • Das doppelte Lottchen
  • Plastusiowy Pamiętnik
  • Brzechwa dzieciom
  • Ida sierpniowa (Jeżycjada, #4)
  • When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
  • Pancakes for Findus (Findus & Pettson)
  • Oh, wie schön ist Panama
  • Dziewczyna i chłopak czyli heca na 14 fajerek
  • Naksitrallid. Esimene ja teine raamat
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.

Awards:
Hans Christian Andersen Award
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Barnen i Bullerbyn (3 books)
  • Happy Times in Noisy Village