Start by marking “Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)” as Want to Read:
Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)

Code of Conduct

(Cipher Security #1)

There are three things you need to know about Shane P.I.
1) P.I. is not her last name, it's her job title,
2) Her specialty is catching cheaters, and
3) She's a superhuman - kind of.

Gabriel is a security expert for Cipher Security, and a former UN Peacekeeper with a fierce protective streak that finds its focus on the beautiful P.I.

Their attraction is like an elephant in a
Published October 15th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Code of Conduct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code of Conduct

Start your review of Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
Penny Reid
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read

Do you miss Alex and Dan and Quinn? You can catch up with them and the rest of the Knitting in the City gang in Code of Conduct by April White which is ALIVE and available everywhere across the internet! Grab it today!

** eBook Links **
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2oAwgAi
Apple Books: https://apple.co/2Bdd5zd
Nook: http://bit.ly/2MLOExQ
Kobo: http://bit.ly/32dGZix
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2IUnKTt
Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2MraecK

** Blurb **
There are three things you need to know
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 STARS

Such a lovely story, I really don't know why I haven't tried this author before!I fall in love immediately with the story and I just couldn't put it down!It was fun,refreshing,sweet and heartwarming!The concept was brilliant and the characters lovable!

description

I loved everything in this book, it has suspense and the romance is on point!I adored both characters and they intrigued me!Shane and Gabriel make me swoon!Such a great personalities!Their romance was sweet and sexy!

description

I loved the writing so
April
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Do you give books as gifts? I do, and I'm starting to gather my favorites to give to my reader friends this Holiday season.

For all the places to find Code of Conduct: https://smartypantsromance.com/books/...

Caitlin Reads
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book! This is the second book I have read in the Smartypant Romance series and I have loved both. Code of Conduct takes place in Penny Reid’s Cipher Security world. I absolutely love a modern romance mixed with a mystery so this was the perfect set up for me. April White created two amazing characters as the leads in this novel. Shane is a strong willed PI with a vulnerability that made her really likable. She is also an amputee which I thought was depicted beautifully ...more
Smartypants Romance
Jul 30, 2019 marked it as to-read

Do you miss Alex and Dan and Quinn?! You can catch up with them and the rest of the Knitting in the City gang in Code of Conduct by April White which is ALIVE and available everywhere across the internets! You don't want to miss this one people!

** eBook Links **

There are three
DJ Sakata
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite Quotes:

“You must wonder what attracted me to you,” Dane said with a knowing smile. Actually, I was mentally calculating my billable hours and hoping to be done here in less than thirty minutes because … round numbers. “You read my mind,” I said with a low, breathy voice. To my own ears I sounded asthmatic, but experience had taught me that horny guys dug breathless women.

I looked at his phone. “Can I see your profile? I’ve been trying to decide if I want to join.” … “Go ahead. Just don’
Antonella
5 plus stars

Just the fact that I added this to my favorites of the year should tell you everything there is to say!

I LOVE THIS BOOK

Everything about this book was just perfect;

- the writing is flawless
- characters are smart, unique, badass, equally both hero & heroine
- the plot is engaging, keeps you guessing till the end; also it is very current what happening in the world right now and just like many Penny's books will make learn something new or it will make you research about it
- side
Bibliomedico
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
*********************
Let Me Tell You Guys, THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!
I loved it so much, Every detail, every character, every intelligent and sarcastic Remark, Literally Every scene.

SHANE , Badass , Smart , Courageous , beautiful , fighter , inspirational and cinnamon Roll at heart , Is probably one of my all time Favorite Heroines .

GABRIEL , Kind , strong , handsome , Supportive and just
Curlyhairlass19
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
“The rules are different for both of us, and I can’t pretend to know what your rules are, just as mine must be baffling to you. I assume you’ve never been a woman—” he smiled at that, which let some of the tension seep out of his features “—and you appear to be in possession of all of your limbs, while I have no idea what it’s like to be black in America, nor how an English Jamaican Nigerian man navigates a landscape full of assumptions that have nothing to do with who he actually is.”

To say I
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Love, Love, LOVE this book!! Code of Conduct reads a bit like a suspenseful urban action adventure with lots of slow burn romance mixed in.

“I can do soft and gentle–I’m actually a fairly gentle guy.” She chuckled at that. “But I’m not feeling very gentle at the moment. I—” I struggled to find the word. “I crave you. You’re like the air when I’m underwater, or like fire when I’m frostbitten. I need to smell your hair, taste your skin, feel the weight of your body on mine. I am so f*ing hungry
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I wanted to like this. I tried to like this but I got nada from the read. Let's be honest as a reader, when you find yourself skimming more pages than what you're actually reading it's probably best to let this go before anyone got hurt.
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Code Of Conduct by April White.

‘“You could never be normal. Extraordinary is not normal. Stunning is not normal. Brilliant is. Not. Normal.”’

“Code of Conduct” is an exciting new chapter in author April White’s admittedly already impressive writing resume. Known for her incredible fantasy action adventure books (Immortal Descendants series- look it up, you won’t regret it), April has taken her remarkable talent as a writer and combined it with the insight gained from her personal skills as a
Eliza
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sept-2019

4 STARS

I’m a first time reader of April White and I don’t think I could have picked a better book for my first outing. Aside the intrigue of the project, I was very much won over by my enjoyment of her writing and wit. Code of Conduct a story of espionage, suspense and romance, all wonderfully tied together by two kick ass leading characters.

Gabriel is a security expert for Cipher Security and his path crosses with Our Heroine Shane as they both are investigating a mutual person of interest.
Lady Heather
"5- Breaking down the barriers, Stars!"

This book was such an enjoyable read.
Loved the characters, writing, and story!

I LOVED Shane's fierceness, strength, fearlessness.
Gabriel was a perfect partner for her.
The whole time I was reading "Code of Conduct" this is who I pictured as Gabriel.

Great story!

"An ARC of this book was provided by SocialButterflyPR in exchange for an honest review."
TabReads
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A full 5-stars, full stop.

It is an understatement to say I’ve been excited about the SmartyPants Romance venture with various authors adding to the Penny Reid canon. I am a gigantic fan of The Pennyverse, follow Penny on all the various social medias, and delight in discussing her books at length with anyone who cares to do the same. I was thrilled to see the contemporary romance world she built would be expanded, and when April White was announced as one of the authors, I knew the Pennyverse
maggieandteddy
I love it when a book starts off strong. A meet-cute is my favorite early plot trope.
This has a meet-cute... sort of... A VERY strong start to this story.
The heroine, Shane is a PI and an independent bad ass. She's moved to Chicago (before the book begins)
to start over after some traumatic and emotional events in her life. Each thing is revealed gradually.
Before that, though, Shane-in action, is taking down a cheating spouse. She is so slick and smooth. I loved her- like Robin Hood in modern
Sara Escobedo
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[ARC generously supplied by author; Honest reviews only]

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK.....
This story is everything a true fan of the Penny Reid "Pennyverse" could ever want! First off, this is TOTALLY able to be a stand alone and in many ways incorporates 2 different universes, "Knitting in the City"(KitC) and "The Winston Brothers", with a seamless narrative construction. We know so many of these people and they are brilliantly integrated. We are now focusing on a total universe and a fuller narrative.
Stephanie Jodway
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: smartypants
I was thrilled to receive an ARC copy of Code of Conduct. I had first come across the start of this story in Penny Reid's "Cocktales" anthology, and out of all of the tales it contained, this one immediatelygrabbed my attention. It checked all of the boxes for books I love, and I am happy to say the novel itself delivered.

1. I love a good romance. Code of Conduct is straight up SEXY. The build of the relationship was equal parts hot and sweet and hilarious and had all of the feels.

2. I love a
Cassandra Martin
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
April White is an exceptional writer! This book drew me in with it’s characters, and their banter. I love that the author brought in social and cultural issues that we see and deal with in everyday life, and it fits in perfectly within the Penny-verse. Smart romance is truly a thing, it makes you think, you learn new things, and that why I love it. Can’t wait to read more by this author!!
lazybookconqueror
3.5 Stars

Code of Conduct is a full-length romantic suspense novel, can be read as a standalone and is book#1 in the Cipher Security series, Knitting in the City World, Penny Reid Universe.

We follow the story of Shane P.I (not her real name), who (as the fake name suggests) is a Private Investigator who specializes in catching cheaters. Shane also has a prosthetic leg, is super athletic and determined, and with the help of her amazing crazy-scientist-like prosthetist ,Sparky is always going above
julia ♥
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ignoring some of the cringey pop culture references in favor of the CUTE
Ashley
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

This book is one of my favorites of 2019.
It checked all the boxes for me: Well-developed, smart characters with undeniable chemistry, an intriguing plot, real world social issues/current events. “Code of Conduct” was everything I hoped it would be.

I am a huge fan of Penny Reid’s Knitting in the City series, so the idea of other authors writing in her world for SmartyPants Romance was
Amy Dickinson
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Overall Grade:

Code of Conduct, one of the books of the SmartyPants Romance group, is a story of finding one’s place. Disguised as romantic suspense, this book is a reminder that we all need a place to belong no matter our life situation. In the case of this story, it takes being loved to help the heroine open herself up to the possibilities of what it means to live.

Shane is a private investigator tasked with helping spouses confirm their spouses are cheating on them. One night, she meets with a
Paula  Phillips
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Have you ever been excited about a series? I have with the books published with the Smartypants Romance. Whereas Karla Sorensen's book was set in the world of Winston Brothers, April White's book is set within the world of Knitting in the City Series. The book starts with our PI Shane on an online date with a guy named Dane Quimby. Dane has been cheating on his wife and has a secret account, Shane was hired by his wife to transfer her some of his money. After the incident Shane learns that ...more
Mari
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing

April White is a new author for me but I do like these partner type mysteries or action theme for this. Plus I've always liked the Cipher group and wanted to explore that world. It started out as a solo private investigator thing for Shane but stumbling upon what she thought was a cheating husband turned into more. Enter the Cipher team, we see Dan, Quinn and Alex plus some other guys including Gabriel. These two had cat and mouse thing at first, a tentative friendship then partners in
Marta
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love April’s writing style even though I only read two of her Marking Time series.
This was great! I felt like I was really immersed in Pennyverse. Cipher Security characters were great, got a glimpse of Dan the security man and Quinn.
Also may I say Alex and Sandra were spot on! I realised how much I liked these characters and I missed them too.

As to the main characters of Code of Conduct.
Shane was great! Tough, strong, brave and witty. The fact that Shane has a prosthetic leg showed how
Tolk
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A book by April White that takes place in the Knitting in the City universe created by Penny Reid? That's the best fan fiction ever, right! Oh, yes. And what a story it was. I love both their characters and writing. To see April White do absolute justice to some of my favourite people in Chicago was an absolute pleasure.

I loved CoC so much. I loved the gritty realism, the politics, the current affairs (just like in Happily Ever Ninja). Yes, I am one of the people who thinks politics are
Kahea
***5 ‘I Find Ridiculous Amounts of Comfort in Proof-of-Life Emojis’ Stars***

This was an awesome read!

Great slow burn romance goodness, amazing characters and an interesting little mystery that brought them all together and kept me turning the pages until the very end.

I ADORED Shane and Gabriel...and I kinda want to be Shane when I grow up. I loved the way her mind worked and how she was equal parts strong and vulnerable on the outside and inside. Gabriel is all kinds of goodness. Observant,
abire
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"His heart beat a tattoo against mine, and the bare skin of our stomachs felt as though it had fused together.
“I taste you in my dreams,” he murmured against my mouth. “I think about kissing you ten, fifty, a hundred times a day.”

4.75/5 stars.

full review on my blog : https://dreadfullybookish.blogspot.co...

I adored so many things about this book, it was not at all what I expected; in a good way.

Usually, I gravitate more towards female characters as my favorites in books, mostly because I
Jenny - Book Sojourner
Why is this book over? I don't want to stop reading about Shane and Gabriel! Normally, a 400+ page book would put me off. But not this beauty. I was fully absorbed in every page and didn't want it to end. I didn't feel my usual impatience because April White wrote all the things she needed to write to make this story perfect for me.

Shane: an amputee, yes, but so much more. I loved that she was tall and bold and capable. I also appreciated her vulnerability, and even her "walls" didn't annoy me.

• Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Smartypants Romance Sampler
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys, their dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.

Book one in the Immortal Descendants series is the 2016
“I don't want to sound like a badass, but I eject my USB without removing it safely.” 0 likes
“My entryway had just become mortification central, and my face flamed horrendously. So I did the only thing one can do when one makes a complete ass of oneself. I kissed him.” 0 likes