Start by marking “Perfect Strangers” as Want to Read:
Perfect Strangers

Perfect Strangers

“These kisses of his...they're demanding and possessive. They're hungry and deep. They're the kisses of a man who wants more of a woman—who wants everything—and isn't going to stop until he gets it."

Author Olivia Rossi hasn’t been able to write a word since tragedy struck two years ago and ripped her world apart. Heartbroken and still haunted by the past, she accepts an offer to spend the
Published September 29th 2019 by J.T. Geissinger, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Strangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Strangers

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Perfect Strangers is a stand alone romance by the amazing J.T. Geissinger. I just finished this book a short time ago. I have calmed down a little bit, enough to try to string together my thoughts to put something down for you. Whether it will make any sense is yet to be determined. This is one of those books where I can say very little. There is so much in this book, but I can’t give any of it away. You need to experience this book just as I did and get your mind blown, again, just as I did. Wi ...more
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
Just feel me. Just feel me and breathe.”

I... So... Well... And then... Yeah... I got nothing. Seriously. NOTHING. I'm too busy still picking my jaw off of the floor because this story just blew my ever loving mind! I can't even. I don't even know where to begin to review this book. How do I even tell you about what I just read if even I'M still figuring it out. My brain needs to phone a friend or poll the audience. Sweet baby jesus I don't know what is happening!!!
Our existence is measured in minutes. Secohappening!!!
STARS
Carvanz
What the ever lovin’…holy freaking Hades!!! I’m not sure what I just read except that it has literally blown my mind, tossed my world upside down, wrenched my heart, and I will never forget this story or these characters for the rest of my life!!!

’But in our case – with our lives thousands of miles apart – it’s perfect. We’ll be perfect. Perfect strangers.’

description

I’m not even going to give a basic summary that you can get from the blurb, because really, this book goes far beyond what’s on the blurb. There is definitellife!!!
Dilek VT
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I was so very excited about this book before I started to read it. However, now that I have finished reading the book, I have contradicting feelings about it.

I am applauding the writer for the interesting direction the story took and how much it shocked me but I also resent her for doing it this way because I hated the direction it took.

description

Let me tell you that this book has a very interesting plot with bloody awesome plot twists that come one after the other in the last quarter of it. Prepare to be shocked…

*********************************************

It’s a very-well written book, indeed; as this is always the case with Ms. Geissinger; she is one talented writer and I love her. However, I am very unhappy after reading this book because I feel “cheated”. Although I resent her for the time being, I will always read whatever she writes. I just hope she won’t do this again.

*********************************************

I cannot explain why I am so unhappy without spoiling it and I won’t spoil it. That would be such a disgrace to the writer. And it is very hard to explain why this book might bother readers like me, who want to read a good romance book.

description

I can only say that my main disappointment is I thought I was reading a romance book but then, I saw that I was not reading a romance book at all because it all... oops, I cannot say it. Sh*t! I must stay cryptic or I will give you a clue and it won't be fair.

*********************************************

So, if you expect to read some good romance, which, in the end will make you happy; then, this is not the book for you. You might most probably be disappointed like me.

But, if you want to read an interesting, different and carefully-crafted book in which you will also be reading a passionate and romantic love affair with deep emotions and hot sex (I know I know, it doesn't make sense to you now but it will if you read the book), then you can try it; maybe you will love it more than I did. At least, all the surprise effects will show you that the writer is a master mind. But, in the end, if you are a romantic at heart (like me), (view spoiler) That's all I can say.

*********************************************

I know I am not making much sense but well, as I said, it is hard to explain it without spoiling it.

I read romance books that had a huge shock effect on me and I still loved them (BLACK LIES / IF I BREAK series etc.) but the shock effect of this book kills its romance for me. Frankly, the problem I had with this book lies within its plot twists. “The bloody awesome plot twists” killed all the romance for me and I was left, feeling having been cheated...

My rating

I had a hard time rating this book and here's how I decided:

5 stars for the multiple surprise effects of the book and its good writing

1 star for the way it made me feel
+-------------------------

Average = 3 stars

*********************************************

P.S. Oh, by the way, the blurb is misleading but I really don't know how she would write a blurb without giving spoilers... So, I am just saying... Don't expect what you read there will be the real story.

*********************************************

Here are some readers who felt "cheated and betrayed" like me while the author was trying to be creative for the sake of being creative... I say we got played!

Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, blew-me-away, 1-docs
I'm just going to have to apologize now. I have no idea how to review this book. I can't even express my emotions with out possibly giving anything away. And trust me, you don't want me to spoil a thing. Not ONE thing.

I might have had a mini melt down at one point in the book and it was worth every second. You're going to start this book and think, what the heck is everyone talking about, and not in a bad way. It's actually an extremely hot read. The way this couple meet and progress in the sto
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
I love this author so much. I love her creativity! I love her sense of enormous and somewhat awkward but fully intelligent humor ! Lately most of my all time favorite writers deny to write romances and they try to do something different.
I understand J.T. Geissinger did it, too. But I don't want to risk myself to give her one or two stars for the book. I can sense a surprising twist is coming but not Black Lies or Jersey Six kind of twist(by the way I also gave two stars to Jersey Six,even
J.T. Geissinger
Jul 16, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Amazon Worldwide: https://geni.us/Perfect

*** SNEAK PEEK! ***

We end up closing the place down.

We eat, drink, laugh, and talk until we’re the last ones in the restaurant and the wait staff are clustered near the kitchen doors, collectively glowering in our direction.

Not that I care. I’m having the best time I’ve had in years. I never want the night to end.

I say, “Ugh, I can’t believe you like Hemingway! He’s so unbearably m
Carol
I just started reading this but I already know from two of my friends that there is a twist coming and that neither of them liked it very much.....so we shall see what I think shortly!!!

******************************
1.5 stars.
Oh, Hell !!!!......What is going on with all my favorite authors lately.....Mia Sheridan.....Jewel E Ann and now J.T. Geissinger.....all their newly released books had such unexpected departures from the individual author's usual writing style and more typical storylines.

confused x factor GIF by X Factor Global
This is definitely the one that
Funda Demir
Sep 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow there’s a first for everything; just like me giving a JTG book 1 star. In the acknowledgements, the author says ‘I hope you enjoyed their very twisty journey’ and I’m just going to say no I did not enjoy it and as an avid reader of her books, I feel cheated . If I knew the ending would have been like this, I would not have wasted my time on it.

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Sep 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I have one question for the author tho. Did you smoke something when you wrote this?
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
2.5*

Up until the initial plot twist this book was a 5* read, I really enjoyed the connection and chemistry between the mcs and of course the sexy times. At plot twist 1 I downgraded to 4 because honestly I expected a romance not what that twist revealed but I could still have handled the ending where they go off into the rain together though I was hoping to see the scumbag husband get his just desserts.....but at plot twist 3 is where the author, unfortunately,lost me. I
Nadine
What can I say about this book?

Let's start with something nice.

First of all, as always, it's written beautifully. J.T. Geissinger has a way with words and I love above all else her dialogues.

But this is also where the good things I can say about this story end.

I won't spoil, but there are several plot twists at the end that I hated. I feel betrayed for the story I was promised by the short description. We all know "Last Tango in Paris" with Marlon Brando. And that's exactly what I expected,
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Wow. This book deserves an award. Amazing.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The book is completely not what you expect. The author tells a story that is intensely compelling, sexy, and so different from a typical romance. Her characters are awesome and the twists are completely unexpected.

I simply loved it.
Tina
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as stay-away-not-for-me
I won't rate it because I didn't read the whole book, but I spoiled myself with ending and I haaaated it. I really didn't expect this from this author. Don't do this, don't trick readers like that. Or don't call it romance.
Emma
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
The author wanted to write about everything, and ended up writing nothing... I feel cheated. seriously, what was that!?
This review is exactly how I felt about the story
Bibi
Oct 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Why would Geissinger do this to me? I wanted an epic love story, damnit!
Ursula
2.5 stars, (I was tempted to give it 1 star) because this lady can write- lovely turn of phrase, literary references and perfect grammar (I have always known it was "you've got another thinK coming"!)

But the plot! The psycho torture she perpetrates on the reader! The endless pages of bondage, spanking and pussy slapping- at the cost of truly deep character development.

Yes, they were very well-written. But there was a lack of tenderness, of emotional connection, that no amount of kink could hide.

I want to do justice to this book. Apparently, it is partly based on the initial meeting of the author with her husband. That is sweet, but it was also telling that I found that information, revealed in an afterward, more interesting and touching than the actual book story.
So here goes- I will not discuss the twist, however. It certainly had me gobsmacked.

And relieved, because the alternative was horrible. So, I thank the author for that.

I had two main problems with this book, and they combine to create a huge sense of disappointment for me, because I have really loved some of the books by this author (the Slow Burn series, Bad Habit series and the Wicked Games series). I do feel, though, that she has started down a much darker road recently, especially if anyone has read the Night Prowler series. Even now, as I re-read this series for review purposes, I remember how horrified I felt a lot of the time, how vividly violent and brutally cruel so many of the scenes in this series are. I’m not sure I want quite so much detail on torture in my dystopian fantasies!

Problem number one: the relationship between Olivia and James is based pretty much on mind-blowing, BDSM (no actual SM) sex. There is mention of their mutual love of books, (many references to Hemingway) but I honestly don’t recall much else in terms of an emotional or intellectual connection. Frankly, while I get the lure of spanking, it went a bit further than I actually like in a CR- this was definitely into erotica territory. Furthermore, dirty talk can be very sexy and arousing, but it loses its appeal for me when the c-word is thrown in. Which it was. Bottom line, nobody actually ever made love in this book. I prefer it when authors mix it up a bit and have that slow, sweet sexy-time as well as the banging wall sex. Alas, there was no relief from the rough fucking to be had here.

Problem number two: I never felt I really understood the MCs. I can see why James seemed especially two-dimensional- and, apparently, a perfect Adonis who put David in the shade. That belongs to the twist, given his role in the novel, but that lack of connection had me feeling uninvested in the outcome. I didn’t care what happened to him and was pissed off that he could only get off with kink. The coup de grâce was his gift of clamps- yup- THREE of them. I’m crossing my legs just thinking about it. Hey, live and let live- all good- but a little warning about this would have been nice! And Olivia was just weird- all three versions of her. (Yes, the twist again). I never warmed to her, no matter how often we were told about her suffering and heartbreak. In the end, she was just as busy as James in getting herself off and chasing that perfect, mind-blowing orgasm. It was almost mechanical, the way these two interacted. I just need a little more than that in my books.

What I did find interesting was the discussion of a break-down and what being catatonic actually meant. Also, the brilliant depiction of what it would be like to suffer from ALS, which we call motor neurone disease in Australia. Absolutely horrific, and it broke my heart. I don’t think I would have forgiven the author if she hadn’t come up with that twist, even if it sucker-punched me, but I was in too much emotional turmoil by that stage to feel fully- compensated!

All I can say, really, is that this was a strange book, one that left me feeling a bit dirty, a bit let down and a bit cheated. I may need to cross this author off my auto-buy list.
If her trajectory from rom-com, with her sexy alpha guys and feisty kickass gals, to dark, kinky, violent heroes living in a horrible world continues, that is a certainty.

Heather Lounsbury
Authors, don’t do this

Not to spoil this book, but if you’re looking for straight up romance, this book is not it. This book is the author trying to be inventive and different and creative. All that’s great unless your readers are used to more traditionally defined romance or you happen to be writing literary fiction, where anything goes.

Used to love this author but after her last book with a major cliffhanger that was not marked as part of a series and then this book, I doubt I’ll r
Alina
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
I think by now everyone knows what happens, but I'll put it under the spoiler tag:
THIS IS A SPOILER!!!
(view spoiler) ...more
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Rating: 3.75 Stars

There is so much to this story and I cannot tell you any of it. Hmm, so what can I tell you? Seriously, not a lot at all. Overall I give the story 3.75 stars but it was definitely not what I expected and I didn't love the ending. In fact, my feelings regarding the latter part of the book are indicative of my rating.

I can definitely tell you that J. T. Geissinger has conceived a very clever plot and that this story takes you on quiet the journey. It just
Tracy
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Total mind f@&k! This book is divided into three parts.
Part one-I didn’t love it. I didn’t connect with the main character, Olivia and it moved a little slow. The instant “let’s have sex” deal with James seemed forced. Would rate 3 stars. Forced myself to keep reading.
Part two-Things got way more interesting. The plot was deeper than part one for sure. Started to like it okay, but wanted to keep reading instead of forcing myself to. Would rate 3.5-4 stars.
Part three-Totally blew
Jiana
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
My first book after a 2 month slump! 🤪
Carla Bulian
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
maram ☂︎
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i went from barely reading anything this month to binging this book in less than a day!!! y’all better check out other reviews for this book because they articulated their feels better than i ever will (without spoilers ofc).

oh, and when you get the chance to read it... prepare for a mental breakdown????
Snow

J.T. Geissinger is an author who got my interest from the first book I have read of hers, Burn for you, and I have been following her ever since, re-reading, and catching up on her previous books, Midnight Valentine being my very fave...but I won't stop here, cause I still have her paranormal/fantasy series to catch up on :/ lol, so I won't say "that" is my definite choice...hahah

So, back to this book, I loved it, simply cause the storyline was FRESH, NEW, it was intriguing and thrilling and I really didn't expect
Anne OK
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jaw-dropping, mind-blowing entertainment. This one will have you turned inside out. Geissinger, for whatever reason, is changing things up a bit and I thought it was freaking awesome -- "Verity 2.0" style. Oh yeah, there are those readers that are complaining about being unhappy with the change up -- yet the writing remains clear and strong with amazingly well-developed characters. And yes, it is different -- but clever and a little "out there." I like when a favorite author steps outside her us ...more
Sunny Shelly Reads
Woah! I don't even know how to put into words my feelings about this book! Perfect Strangers was NOT the vacation fling romance I was expecting between James and Olivia. This story is full of so many twists and turns, and even after one secret was revealed and I was sure I knew where the book was going, a second secret sent the story in another direction. But the third revelation is what really blew me away!

Don't try to read reviews that dive into the romance between Olivia and James
Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog Synclare Moss
Still fanning myself....
This book was so unexpectedly FANTASTIC! Literally consumed from the very first paragraph and I’m not joking.
Olivia and James are breathtaking. If you want a book that is different, engaging and so captivating, grab this one.
I loved the unpredictability ..I loved just everything.
Must Read for 2019!
The Feels~ 5/5
Pacing~ 5/5<
Phuong
5 - Mindblown - Stars
“There exists a field, beyond all notions of right and wrong. I will meet you there.”

Wow. J.T. Geissinger did it again. She blew my mind off with this book. How am I suppose to write a review without giving anything away?! It was so much more than just a story about two perfect strangers falling in love. That's all I can say without saying any spoilers.

A major reason why I love this book so much is that the book is so unique and it kept me on my toes. I'm someone who predicts the pl/>
Debbie DiFiore
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow

That's call I can say about this book. I hated it and I ultimately loved it. It's just so different and honestly I almost had to get a new Kindle because I threw it at the wall. For real. It didn't get hurt but I was that upset and I was blowing snot bubbles out my nostrils because I was sobbing uncontrollably and my husband woke up and thought someone had died or something and when he saw my Kindle lying on the floor, he just shook his head and went back to sleep. I am writing this review a
Amazon ➔ http://amzn.to/1xQN4za
Bookbub ➔ http://bit.ly/2a88kdV
Instagram ➔ http://bit.ly/1MlI2gt
FB group ➔ http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3
Newsletter ➔ http://bit.ly/1IbgZZI

Text BOOK to 31996 for new release notifications. (US only)

J.T. Geissinger is a #1 internationally bestselling author of emotionally charged romance and women’s fiction. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold more than one million copies and been translated into severa
“This casual summer fling has the potential to burn the whole city down and leave a path of smoking ruins in its wake.” 1 likes
“Meeting you is a gift, and it will always be a gift, no matter how long we have together. So what I promised still stands: I’m yours until September. If you still want me.” 1 likes