Start by marking “Intimate Strangers (Lisa Millar #1)” as Want to Read:
Intimate Strangers (Lisa Millar #1)

Intimate Strangers

(Lisa Millar #1)

Is there such a thing as too perfect?

Lisa Millar wasn’t supposed to fall in love with a guy on the Internet. But she did. Other than living over five thousand miles away in America, AJ Williams is seemingly her perfect match. Strikingly handsome, musically talented, plays hockey and has a typical college-guy life.

In a moment of carpe diem, Lisa flies from Ireland to Alab
Published September 13th 2019 by Drama Llama Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Intimate Strangers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Intimate Strangers

Bibliomedico
Check out the full review on my blog : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...
************************************
I really loved this book , Couldn’t put it down and finished in one sitting !
The story was interesting , honest , realistic , lovely , heartbreaking and completely addictive .
Lisa character , Life , personality , feelings and experiences were awesome to read about, the way Lasairiona E. McMaster wrote about her and her love story was funny , sarcastic , smart and gripping .
The romance was differ
Helen Chapman
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, I couldn’t put it down!! Funny, heart wrenching and unbelievably honest. Cannot wait for the next one to see what happens to Lisa next!!!!
Sharon
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
She was in Newry, Northern Ireland, and he was six hours behind her in Huntsville, Alabama. They were both in college, four thousand miles apart and working on finishing up their degrees. She had a job, he had hockey – which essentially took up every free moment he had. When he wasn’t playing hockey, he was gigging in coffee houses and bars with his guitar.

I chose this book because of the long-distance Internet romance theme and was interested in how the author made it work. Though it started slow an
Jane Hunt
The blurb for this book attracted me, even though I don’t usually read new adult romance, anymore. I need to think back thirty-nine years, to recognise how I would react in these circumstances, and whether I would risk everything for love, on the strength of an internet acquaintance.

There wasn’t internet in the 1980s, but I still changed the course of my life for love, after a short acquaintance, and so, the main character Lisa’s motivations are something I can relate to.

Jessica Belmont
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although Intimate Strangers is written in a genre I don’t read a ton of, the blurb drew me in with the bit of a mystery. I also haven’t read too many internet romances and it was intriguing to read. It really makes you think: would you risk everything for a person on the internet you think you know and love?

I love the authentic characters Lasairiona McMaster’s has created. These two feel like real people with real hurdles and sacrifices to deal with to make what was so easy on the in
Vikkie Wakeham
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book, I felt the plot was extremely current as many people are now trialling online dating. I am one of those individuals who don’t really trust the concept, but this story has made me rethink my opinions… I guess anything is possible for the right person.
Lisa is a likeable character who is easy to relate to. I have to admit I was rooting for her from the very start. I love AJ, where can I get one of my own? He comes across such a genuine guy and appears genuine in
Tiziana Langone
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading a book about someone who falls in love with a guy only seen online, made me frown... In my modest opinion, I think you should be very careful about the whole internet dating, as you never know if the guy on the other side of the screen is really what he said he is.
How often do you read actual true stories about internet dates going wrong?

So in first instance, I was very sceptical and found Lisa a bit naive... Flying across the other side of a world meeting this seemingl
Trinity Lecroy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading a book with a plot that I have not read about before. Talking to people online can be sketchy. Although, there are some circumstances that it works out. This is one of those. Honestly, I would be afraid to go across the ocean to see someone I have never met before. It takes a lot of bravery to do what Lisa does. The only problem I had with it is it was hard to connect with. In some of the scenes, mainly in the beginning, I could not connect with the characters as well. In some ...more
Corinne Basmaison
When I started this book, I knew the author was funny and relatable (having been an expat, I'd read her non-fiction Bloom Where You're Planted). This book hooked me in right away and didn't let go until I read the last word. And then, I got frustrated because... I wanted to know what happens next!

In other words, it's the (very relatable) story of two people who met on the Internet, fell in love, then tried to take it to real life. They are faced with unanticipated hurdles, and not ju
Ange Martindale
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To say I thoroughly enjoyed this book would be wrong, I utterly LOVED it!
The book is very well written and it kept me interested throughout it all.
Lisa is a very likeable character and you wonder just how she can carry on with what life is rolling out in front of her but I guess a lot of us do just that on a daily basis, this shows us how it is truly possible.
Cannot wait to read more of Lisa and AJs lives together and apart.
Sharon Wilkinson-Gurney
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! Read it in one sitting as couldn’t put it down. Relatable characters who you can “hear” in the tone of the book, good storyline with well thought out twists and accurately portrayed. Can’t wait for the next instalment to see the characters develop further!
Kerri
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!! I could not put it down and felt as though I knew the characters and I was going through their journey with them!!! I cannot wait to read what happens next!!..read this book ASAP you will not be disappointed.
Sara Lou
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous book, laughed and cried with the story. Believed in the characters. Can't wait for the next instalment.
Samantha Knight
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book, characters you can really relate to and a story that keeps you hooked, couldn't put it down and can't wait for the next installment
Amy
Proud Book Reviews
Aug 27, 2019
Kimi
Sep 19, 2019
Lasairiona McMaster
Jul 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Alayne McQuaid
Ann
Sep 29, 2019
jody hamner
Oct 12, 2019
Lasairiona McMaster grew up dreaming of an exciting life abroad, and, after graduating from Queens University, Belfast, that is exactly what she did - with her then-boyfriend, now husband of almost ten years.

Having recently repatriated to Northern Ireland after a decade abroad spanned over two countries (seven and a half years in America and eighteen months in India), she now finds herself 'home'

Lisa Millar (2 books)
  • The Good in Goodbye (Lisa Millar #2)