Start by marking “Taking Wing (Feather Down Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Taking Wing (Feather Down Book 1)

Taking Wing

(Feather Down #1)

Twelve-year-old Freya enjoys karate and is the only one in her class who’s trusted with a part-time job. But everything changes when she meets a boy with yellow eyes. She learns about the guardians, and how an age-old fight has prevented them from fulfilling their purpose.

Freya finds new friends in the Crow tribe, but not everything in the castle is blissful. A destructiv
Published July 12th 2019 by Crowvus

To ask other readers questions about Taking Wing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taking Wing

Jessica Belmont
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Taking Wing is a Middle Grade novel that translated really well to me as an adult! I was glued to the pages. The action was there, the characters were great, and the plot was really captivating.

I love that this novel gets up and running right away. We are right in the action from the beginning, and sets of the intrigue. We meet our characters. I love Freya. She’s a 12-year-old, who still acts like a 12-yea- old, but she has a “wiser than her years,” air about her. Clemency Crow built a cast of w
Tonja Drecker
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a grabbing fantasy, not only for middle graders but will hook older readers as well.

Freya is a down-to-earth twelve-year-old, who is responsible and gets along fairly well in life, but when she meets a boy with yellow eyes, everything takes a sharp spin at reality. Soon, she finds herself wrapped up in a world of magic, where a war is waging between bird tribes. Not to mention that Freya discovers a power inside of her. Not only does she need to learn about her own shadow power, but in o
M.T. DeSantis
I received this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.

I found this middle grade fantasy enjoyable to read. There is action, strong emotion, interesting characters, and some really cool intrigue. Toss in an entire civilization made up of nearly immortal people who can shift into birds, warring clans, and the human protagonist in the middle of it all, and you’ve got a complex and fascinating series starter.
I really enjoyed the various characters. They were well-developed wi
Amy