Start by marking “The Four Before Me” as Want to Read:
The Four Before Me

The Four Before Me

It's 1988, and four women have gone missing from a small town. When one of the bodies is discovered in a shallow grave by the lake, Alice Foster goes to dangerous lengths to find out who is responsible. After all, she's next on his list.

In search of closure after her grandmother's mysterious death, Alice moves to Wintersburg, completely unaware of the missing women. While
Published July 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Four Before Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Four Before Me

Start your review of The Four Before Me
Sara Kjeldsen
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the writing style of Night's suspense novel. Four women have gone missing and the build-up to what happened to them kept me turning the pages. I enjoyed the premise of a city girl moving to a small town & discovering that she likes the slower paced life only to discover that there's a lot going on there beneath the surface. The off beat characters added to the eerie character of this story. It's a definite page turner.
Dawn Hosmer
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this twisted, dark psychological thriller by EH Night about 4 missing women from the same town and the effort to figure out what happened to them. I had several different suspects along the way and while I did figure out part of the plot, I didn't anticipate the dark, twisted reasons behind the actions. Look forward to reading more by this author.
Desiree Lyons
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Everything tied together at the end. The chapters were well written and lengthy with clever titles. The suspense was built, attention grabbing and held until the revelations and questions were answered. The characters and small town setting were excellent. I enjoyed this read so much. Great job, E. This book did not disappoint, I look forward to your future titles!!!
Mrs Mojo Risin’
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Although the plot line was interesting, I could not get on board with this book at all. The writing style was extremely juvenile, which put me off a lot. There were also a lot of mistakes that could have been easily avoided if the book had been proofread properly before publication.

2 stars. Unfortunately, for me, it just did not hit the spot.
Lee Hall
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
'While some monsters are born, others are created..’

Upon picking up this book I was instantly immersed into the words and descriptive style E.H Night brings to what is a chilling and mystery shrouded story. By the 8th chapter I’ll admit I couldn’t put it down.

The Four Before Me leans a little towards cliche but it works in an original way that keeps readers guessing throughout. It’s the late 80’s and Alice our main character; moves to small town ‘Wintersburg’ in search of a new start from the
Tory Jane
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ms. Night is a talented writer and weaves a story of small-town life that is compelling and interesting. I wanted to give this book closer to a 4-star rating (maybe 3.8), but that's not an option! There should be something between 3 and 4.

It starts with great promise. It is eerie and has the hallmarks of being a great mystery-thriller. Four young women have gone missing in a town of only 1,000. When Alice arrives in town, a "city girl" moving to the small town where her beloved grandmother
Jean Mills
Mystery with a hint of paranormal

Set in the late 80's this is a story of Alice who moves to 'Wintersburg' to start a new life and to be closer to her deceased grandmothers roots.
Having lost her beloved grandmother recently she is looking for closure. Hoping to fill that empty void by being in a town that her grandmother spoke so much about. Alice feels she will begin to heal that pain.What begins with a regular mystery of a pretty girl in a small town goes on to lean towards the cryptic and
Aaron Wang
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally, I don't read horror thrillers, but this is one that I'm glad I did.

This novel follows the story of Alice, a woman moving to a small town to build a new life. However, a darkness underlies this idyllic setting.

The author writes in a wonderful style that brings the reader perfectly into this cozy environment by creating detailed characters and nailing the nuances and gossip of their interactions. The tension rises with each page turn as more of the haunting secrets of the town are
dorte
Christina
Kylie Rae
Aug 07, 2019
E. Night
Jul 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Holly Campbell

• The Forgotten Ones
  • Gretchen
  • Bits & Pieces
  • Every Single Secret
  • Empath: A Complete Guide for Developing Your Gift and Finding Your Sense of Self
  • Last Summer
  • The Weight of Lies
  • The Perfect Wife (Jessie Hunt #1)
  • Identity
  • The Master of Bruges
  • Burying the Honeysuckle Girls
  • The White Christmas Inn
  • The Thirteenth Day of Christmas: and Other Tales of Yuletide Horror
  • Qwerty
  • Condemnation (Substation 7: Book 1)
  • Embers of War (Embers of War, #1)
  • Honorable Death
  • Piggybacker (Vessel of Lost Souls, #1)
E. H. Night is a fan of Mysteries and Thrillers which are both reflected in her writing. She uses her personal experiences for inspiration, finding light in even the darkest of situations. Aside from writing, she can often be found painting or spending time with her family.
“While some monsters are born, others are created. But, the worst monsters are those who believe themselves to be heroes.” 0 likes