Start by marking “DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet Book 1)” as Want to Read:
DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet Book 1)

DISCOVERY (Esquire Black Duet Book 1)

Lucas Black, Esquire.
The name alone was an enigma.
Dressed in a suit that cost more than my rent.
Green eyes that danced and a cocky smile firmly planted on kissable lips.
The rumors about him were true.
I wasn’t ready for all that was Lucas Black. I knew it. I didn’t care.
I was willing to take whatever he gave me.
Published July 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about DISCOVERY, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DISCOVERY

Paula
I was not going to post anything because this author really doesn't deserve one lick of a comment from me, but I am making an exception this once to save any poor deluded soul who believes any of the garbage that current reviewers are posting... SPOILERS AHEAD.

This is at the end of the book when Zero & heroine have already developed a relationship -

She’s staring at me,waiting for me to explain why there is a woman in my office.

Why I had my hand on her waist, why she showed up when she knew
Ana Laura Crispim
I'm intrigued that this writer still has the guts to post such shit and she still believes the lies of those moneymakers who write reviews. I feel sorry for her.
Nina
Jul 19, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why does the author think any of this is acceptable? DNF
Crystal
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one writes an Alpha A-Hole that you cant help but fall in love with like Hayley! And Lucas Black did not disappoint AT ALL!!!
Lucas made no doubt what he was looking for with women, a little fun, lots of heat and absolutely no commitment. Then along comes Brooklyn, who knows she should think with her head and not get her heart tied up with the likes of someone like Lucas. But that darn organ just won’t let her head rule.
But we will have to wait until the second book to find out if Lucas is a
Nicole Lloyd
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t read it fast enough

Brooklyn is just trying to make it a few more years in a crappy job. Lucas is on top of his game. Lucas has it all going for him, and Brooklyn is just trying to make it. These characters seem so real that you can’t stop reading it as fast as you can.

Brooklyn and Lucas will set your Kindle on fire. I couldn’t read this book fast enough. Hayley did an amazing job, but now I need book two.

Discovery is my all time favorite book by Hayley.

Nicole
Book Haven Book Blog
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Welcome to my vague AF review coming to you live from the corner of my couch where I’m curled in a ball debating on if I want to hug Hayley Faiman or yell at her. I’m leaning towards both. I so did not see this book coming. I mean, it’s Hayley Faiman, so I knew going in I’d get epic but HOLY BOOK HANGOVER I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS! I need more. Now. Right freaking now. I am utterly and completely addicted to Lucas and Brooklyn and I may actually die if I don’t get more of them immediately.
The
Kelly Williams
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh that ending!!!!!! Great story and super steamy but the ending killed me. I really enjoyed this story as I do all of this authors books! I cannot wait for the next one. I really wanted to kill Lucas toward the end and then the cliffhanger. Now I wait patiently for the next one. Great read definitely recommend.
Cheryl O'Harney
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC read in return for an honest review.

Hayley Faiman has taken a step away from her usual genre with this one, yes we have an alphahole but there’s not a cut or a clubhouse is sight.

Cocky✔ hot✔ oozes sex appeal✔ and he’s got a right dirty mouth on him, that’s Lucas Black he’s like a big bad wolf in the world of law and he’s ready to pounce on one little kitten who’s just walked into his territory. Although she may have been unprepared for Lucas to storm his way into her life Brooklyn’s a sassy
Valarie Milito
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will not make it to September when the 2nd book comes out, I need it now!!! This book has everything I love in a good story. Hot Alphahole that you love so much even though you want to throttle him. A smart sexy h that even though she is strong, she lets herself be vulnerable for her man. A really good plot with suspense that actually consists of an actual real story and not just a few sentences in between hot sexy times, but don't get me wrong, there are still tons of hot sexy times in this b ...more
Jason Daugherty
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!!

I really liked this book! Part 2 comes out in September and I have already ordered it. This book is about Lucas and Brooklyn. One thing I love about Ms Faiman characters they are so believable. This book is about 2 people Brooklyn working to being a lawyer so she can help others. Lucas already a lawyer and sleeping with anything he can! There is angst but thankfully hers is never over the top. I finished this in a couple of hours and like every other book she has written I loved
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Can't help but love him. So want to hate him. Can hardly forget him. All perfect descriptions of the infamous, Lucas Black. Faiman made quite an impression on my senses with Discovery. What a grand introduction to a talented, yet eclectic imagination. Just when I was falling in love, an impasse was thrown in the way. With characters as unpredictable as her writing style, addiction is only a cliffhanger away.
LaToya Toney
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know I can always count on Hayley to deliver an alpha a-hole but Lucas is in a class of his own. He is the quintessential manwhore who abhors relationships. He is a divorce attorney and most of his hookups come from his elite clientele. He is definitely set in his ways, but he is knocked on his a$$ by a sweet and sassy child advocacy attorney. He is attracted to Brooklyn from first sight. But little Brooklyn Myers knows what type of man Lucas Black is and has no interest being another notch on ...more
Brandy Roberts
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OH my gods why did you do that Hayley Faiman with a cliffhanger like that just WOW in need of Appeal please oh please . Like every book by the author I devour it in one sitting but this one still has a hold on me I need to know more like right now please . Lucas and Brooklyn held alot of heat the heroine was a interesting character and everything about her just drew me in , now with Lucas I was starting to like him but then he goes and does something that just hurts my heart I just hope he doesn ...more
Kat
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As soon as you open this book, the heat level just hits you with all the steam!

This contemporary romance is between two lawyers, one who is known for his risky ways and another who just wants to help as many kids as possible through the court process. When the two meet, immediately there is a connection, but unfortunately for him, she wants nothing to do with him.

Driving him mad, he makes it his priority to get her in every way possible.

While in hindsight, I wasn't a fan of how possessive he
Megan
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been a fangirl of Hayley Faiman for quite some time and if you've read anything by her in the past then you know she writes these uniquely hard to love leading men; Lucas Black was no different. Like I ranged between needing a fan, screaming at my kindle and wanting to junk punch him til the very end of this book. These two..GAH! Brooklyn and Lucas were a complicated pair; jam packed full of vulnerability, off the charts chemistry & the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers. My kindle wen ...more
Melinda
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nobody says no to Lucas Black. Even the judge can't say no which is why he's really good as a lawyer and cocky as well. All the women want him and the men want to be like him. It takes a strong woman like Brooklyn to not fall for his charms. Working together on a case should be just work between them but there is no denying the chemistry. I loved that Lucas is all talk, sexy and yes cocky in his ways but then his eyes start opening with Brooklyn. It's not just them but someone is after her and t ...more
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

Heart pounding, sexy as all get out, intense and enough to make you squirm as you read it...Lucas Black is a man you love and sometimes would love to shake some sense into. Brooklyn is the girl you want to sit around and drink margaritas with while eating a pint of your favorite ice cream venting about life... while at times wanting to shake some sense into her too! Yes, this is a duet so obviously, beware of the cliffhanger. I am absolutely hooked and suffering withdrawals waiting for th
kk
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Abby
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-books
The chemistry between these characters is off the charts! The suspense is realistic. The way Brooklyn changes Lucas was fun to see. This book held me captivated and I didn’t want to leave their world. Need to let my feelings get sorted and I’ll be back with a full review ...
Lucas was a player and no one had ever made him change his ways. Until Brooklyn... I enjoyed the banter between these two. The chemistry was palpable and their attraction was such that anyone could see it! Lucas' career ke
Heather Whitaker Red Hatter Book Blog
An arrogant lawyer meets his match with this sweet advocate lawyer.

Holy hell!!! What can I say... This book is just everything. I can not even put into words how much I enjoyed this one and am impatiently waiting for the conclusion. I want to add so much to this review, but I refuse to because I don't want to spoil anything! I'm afraid once I start talking about Lucas and Brooklyn in gonna spill the beans about how these 2souls are perfect for each other. Now if 1 arrogant ass and a sweet sassy
MKHRN06
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Discovery

This book was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect start to what is seemingly to become a great duet. Lucy's Black is the rich and handsome Attorney who has met the new young Brooklyn. These two have the best chemistry and the sex scenes are awesome. I can wait for part two. This is a must read. Great book.
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
WOW that ending. Just when I think that he can redeem himself I am left speechless with my jaw on the floor. Hayley once again delivered us a rude, arrogant A-hole who you will fall for but at the same time want to kill. This was a crazy ride and I can't wait for the rest with the next book. That ending is just killing me and I need more!!! I need to see how all of this plays out.
Tiffany Lewis
Nice read didn’t wanna put it down

I like this book. I don’t mind cliffhangers. I just hope I remember to grab the second book when it comes out. Hopefully Lucas will pull it together
Angie
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book but end with a cliffhanger

Book was food but I can't say enough how I have cliff hangers!! I would have never read this if I knew. But again the book was really good.
debby holguin
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Black

This a book that when book 2 comes out I will SAVE both, so I can reread them at 5 plus time. Hairy has written another Hit series. Your words are so addicting 😊
Veronica Tovar
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Agggghhhhh!

The second book in this series can't come soon enough!!! I went through a multitude of emotions reading this book. Definitely ends on a cliffhanger but worth the read!
Donna Purcell zappone
OMG!!!what a cliff hanger.
Not your typical Hayley Faiman book ... but what an emotional rollercoaster it was .

Can't wait fir the conclusion .
Loved it
Ashley Carr, LSoR
I have a feeling I’m not going to make it until September when book 2 comes out. Lucas is a fierce lawyer at the top of his game, and Brooklyn is just barely making it. The chemistry between Brooklyn and Lucas is off the charts hot even when Lucas was being an alphahole. His inner monologues were hilarious. I can’t wait for the next book and the conclusion of the duet!!
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

Discovery by Hayley Faiman is the first book to the Esquire Black Duet and was the first book I read by Hayley Faiman.

Overall, this book gets 3.5 stars (3.75 more likely since the storyline is what kept me intrigued and not the relationship of the characters).

Story Rating: 3.5 stars
Steaminess Rating: 3.5 stars
Standalone or part of series: Part of a duet, so must be read in order.
Do I recommend this book? Yes.
Will I read other books from the author? Yes.
Trop
Born and raised in California, but living in Texas and loving every second of it. I married the man that I started dating when I was 16 years old. We have 2 little boys and a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

Find me on