Start by marking “Invasive Species” as Want to Read:
Invasive Species

Invasive Species

A monster has come to Maldus, Arkansas, and the residents of the small mountain town are too busy to notice. With the monster comes something even more terrifying and threatening than gnashing teeth or razor-sharp claws.The monster has brought change.The residents of the small mountain town are too busy to notice at first. Busy with things such as addiction, racism, work, ...more
Published July 12th 2019 by HellBound Books Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Invasive Species, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invasive Species

Suktara
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Invasive Species by Karle Johnson is one fast read. I completed it almost within a day. The story grows on you, leaves you at the edge as you root for Ranse Everly, the protagonist who had more than his fair share of bad luck.

Ranse, a rancher in fictional town of Maldus, Arkansas is a good but lonely man after his wife and son left him due to his addiction issues.

While Everly fights demons of his past an apocalypse-type situation threatens the very existence of Maldus and its inhabitants.

A new
Laura Maybrooke
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Invasive Species by Karle Johnson. To start with, I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. That being said, while I enjoy suspenseful books, even horror stories, I am not sure this is the type of I would have picked up from my own.

Considering that, I am pleased for this opportunity because it turned out I enjoyed this book a lot.

Let’s make one thing clear from the start, this read is not for the squeamish or easily offended. There was
Shane
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let me just start by saying that this book isn't for the easily offended or squeamish.

The story is, generally, about a man named Ranse who runs a large farm. He's sober for the first time in his life, and life seems to be going as usual save for his desire to be back with his ex-wife and his son. He wants nothing more than a second chance from where he screwed up before.

His neighbors consist of two close friends, Molly and Mick, and a man who is nothing short of detestable. A racist, hateful, g
Daniel C. Fox
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reminiscent of Stephen King and Joe Hill, this werewolf thriller has plenty of gore to satisfy a craving for blood and guts. It starts with a particularly gruesome scene and doesn't let up.

Ranse Everly is an inherited ranch owner in the Arkansas Ozarks besieged by townies, an utterly insane racist, and . . . werewolves. He's a recovering alcoholic, and when he was a drunk, his wife left him and took his Down's syndrome son with him. But now she's come back into his life and dumped his son on him
Michele