Start by marking “Special Assignment (Hometown Heroes #3)” as Want to Read:
Special Assignment (Hometown Heroes #3)

Special Assignment

(Hometown Heroes #3)

She’s trying to save her company. He’s trying to salvage his reputation. Only one of them can be right.

Vice president of operations Melissa Ellis might have met the first challenge she couldn’t overcome. Her company is hemorrhaging money, and her boss blames her. The deeper she digs, the more trouble she finds. She turns to the one person who can help: the confident and d
Published August 3rd 2019 by Tandem Services Press

To ask other readers questions about Special Assignment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Assignment

Kimmie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: must-read
Special Assignment truly conveys reliance on God for all things, unlike many "Christian" books that offhandedly mention God (you know what I am talking about?). I think Melissa and Scott's story is a very good mystery, with a hint of romance, and quite a dash of adventure. I give this story a five out of five stars for the unique story plot, the great mystery that kept me guessing, and the characters who were not wishy-washy but stood up for what they believed in. This is my first time reading a ...more
Lori
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stayed up all night last night to finish this book!!
A new to me author with her fabulous writing took me on an adventure I'll never forget!! With awesome characters like Melissa and Scott Joe, Kyle and Heather and a few other friends as well!!
Melissa with her vivacious spirit and love for her family and friends and I'd like to think her adventurous side along with Scott's side for fun and serious side.
I admire anyone who has the ability and talent for flying those kinds of planes.
When I wa
Lisa
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book grabbed my attention and pulled me in. The main characters, Scott (a navy pilot) and Melissa (a vice president of operations at a defense contractor), are likable and very well-developed. Scott's close relationship with his childhood friends is one of loyalty and understanding. Scott's prayer--"God, why? Why haven't you healed me yet?...I just don't understand. I know you are good, but right now, I'm having a hard time seeing it." -- is one that most readers can easily relate to. ...more
Priscilla Lawrence
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I very much enjoyed this clean romantic suspense, the characters were very likeable, and while it can be read as a stand alone, it was fun meeting up with old friends from the earlier books. I always love reading books that involve the military, and I really liked the personal perspective of the accident investigation given that Scott himself was the injured naval aviator which really made him personally invested in finding the answers to prove the accident wasn’t caused by pilot error. Add to t ...more
Denice
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author I've read and it will not be the last. I realized after I read this book that this is the third book in the series. I believe this book can stand alone. "Special Assignment" was one amazing book! I normally don't read suspense book, but I fell in love with this book. It was filled with a ton of suspense and adventure. You are caught in the story from page one.

The main characters are very likable. The story begins with Melissa realized that money is missing i
Lisa
Reva Parks
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Scott is back home recovering from a Traumatic Brain Injury when he ejected from his rogue fighter jet. Now he's worrying not only about his own recovery, but how to clear himself of pilot error that the Navy says caused the loss of the multimillion-dollar jet and the death of his EWO. He has time to reconnect to his childhood friends Joe and Kyle, a firefighter and a policeman, whose circle of church-going friends includes Melissa, COO of a defense contractor. Melissa has her own troubles at wo ...more
Janice Sisemore
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Special assignment

Melissa is trying to figure out what is going on at her office. She is finding out it is dangerous to do so.

The story has me interested from start to finish. Very suspenseful. Very entertaining. Loved the characters, especially Melissa and Scott. He is trying to recover from an injury. His accident is connected with the company she works at. Will she figure it out before it is too late.

I definitely recommend reading this book.

I received an advanced copy of the book from the
Amy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Special Assignment is the third installment from J L Crosswhite’s series, Hometown Heroes. Even though it is part of a series, I believe it can be read as a stand alone. I enjoyed Melissa’s story. Especially, when she teams up with Scott. I loved those two together. I could not predict what would happen to them next.
I recommend Special Assignment for readers who enjoy clean romantic suspense. I am giving it four and a half stars.
I received this book from the publisher, but was not required to
Ann
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! If you are looking for a well written christian romantic suspense book , this is the book for you. This is an awesome book, once you start reading it you can't stop! It is full of action, suspense and romance. It will keep you on the edge of your seat. Even though this is book 3 of Hometown Heroes I had no problem knowing what was going on. But now I'm going to read the other two books in the series.
Alice
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
While Melissa tries to find out where the missing money is for her company, she uncovers some dirty dealings. She involves a grounded Air Force pilot and his brother to see what’s going on. Scott is blamed for the death of his friend because of pilot error. However, that may not be the case. Melissa is also investigating computer malfunctions that could have caused the crash.
Interesting storyline and interesting discovery of who is behind everything going on.
Ochegba
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever read a book that pulls you in from the start and takes you on a thrilling adventure leaving you satisfied in the end? That's what Special Assignment did for me. With the perfect blend of suspense and romance, you're not disappointed. I enjoyed every part of the story and appreciated how the author was really descriptive without losing me or the story. Scott and Melinda too real, vulnerable characters wanting to find the as guys. I enjoyed their relationship.
A truly great book.
Bonny Rambarran
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW - just WOW. What is happening with the company? Where is all the money going? Why is the owner not in the least concerned? What - if anything - can I do? Who can I turn to for help?? And oh my, this wonderful man who has come back into my life! Can he help me???
Lenda Burns
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this down!
This author wrote an amazing story with lots of emotions and twists and turns.
The characters were so engaging and the plot was well-written.
This a 5 star read.
Ashley Murray
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thriller. This book was full of a lot of suspense and mystery
Yvonne Cruz
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a clean Christian suspense romance, this one is the book for you. I have to add that it’s also the first book I read by this author, and I have to say I am hooked .
The story centers around Scott Blake and Melissa Ellis.
Scott is a Navy pilot, recently injured in an accident that caused the death of a friend, and has left him with a serious brain injury as well as questions about what caused the accident. Was is pilot error or computer malfunction?
Melissa is head of operatio
Bhill
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of Special Assignment by JL Crosswhite, Having never read anything from her before I loved Special Assignment and had to get the other books in the series!! I urge you to check out all of JL Crosswhite's books you wont be disappointed!!
Lindsay Bryant
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my first foray into the writings of JL Crosswhite, and I am hooked. This book had all of my favorite things: mystery, military, romance, and Jesus. It did have some predictability, but I loved reading it. I struggled to put it down. After reading this, I will definitely be checking out the rest of this series.

I was given an ARC to read and review. All opinions expressed are my own.
JoAnn
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this romantic suspense. Well written plot and well developed characters. I was pulled immediately into the action and couldn’t put this book down. I highly recommend this book to suspense fans. My thanks to the author for my advance ebook. This is my honest and unbiased review.
Bhriv
Paula Shreckhise
Aug 04, 2019
Becky Smith
Aug 08, 2019

Hometown Heroes (3 books)
  • Protective Custody (Hometown Heroes #1)
  • Flash Point (Hometown Heroes #2)