Start by marking “Hurricane Dreams (Low Country Lovers #1)” as Want to Read:
Hurricane Dreams (Low Country Lovers #1)

Hurricane Dreams

(Low Country Lovers #1)

Audie Currell and Calhoun Chatteron run off into the Charleston night together and start dating in secret. Can Audie overcome his fear of intimacy, born of an abusive childhood, and keep the boyfriend he loves?
Published August 26th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Hurricane Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurricane Dreams

Ζωή Παππά
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is about Audie and Calhoun, how they meet and fall in love and try to be together and keep their relationship a secret. It’s one of the sweetest love stories I’ve read. Both of the characters are wonderful people. They feel real and you can’t help loving them and want them to have their happily ever after.
The writing style is very beautiful and I can’t wait to read more about Audie and Calhoun!
Loved it!

I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Hot, sweet and endearing.

At a party, Audie meets Calhoun, who is in town for a few days. They both skip the party and have their own.

Audie doesn’t have an easy life. Rich and emotionally detached parents, who expect a lot of him. Indoors he is the perfect son, outside he can be himself.
Meeting Calhoun is the best thing ever happened to Audie. Calhoun is hot, submissive, kind and sweet. Their sexual attraction is sparkling steamy. Being together they are at their best.

I loved this shorty, it was
Wendy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Julia McBryant proves that there can be romance and plot and substance to an erotic short story. These young men are so sweet and loving and have those tortured souls that cry out for love and rejoice when they find each other. I will follow the story of these two into their old age if the author takes us there. I'm loving this Southern Seduction series so much! They have all been wonderful and exceeded my expectations for an erotic short. The way this author can make me so invested ...more
Wendy Livingstone
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in this series, and the 1st which I have read. Audie is at his parent’s cocktail party when he meets their client Calhoun. These two are drawn to each other, and sneak away. These two embark on a secret relationship, but can Audie overcome his awful past to take a chance on love? This is a well written story which is sweet, and I recommend for all lovers of M/M romances.
Maryann Kafka
Sep 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Audie Currell comes from a very wealthy family that resides in Charleston. Audie is not impressed or does he care about the wine tasting event that his parents are hosting. Bored as ever he makes his escape from the lavish party, as he knows he won’t be missed.
Calhoun Chatterton resides in Savannah, where he also shares in his families wealth. He’s attending the wine tasting event with his father and hoping to meet up with friends.
As Audie makes his escape he spies Calhoun and he’s curious abou
Jean Malherbe
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!

REVIEW HURRICANE DREAMS
After reading from the start of this series... Including:
IT'S ENOUGH
LIKE SUNSHINE &
SLOW DANCE
and now also "In The city on the Water" (included in this volume)
and "Hurricane Dreams" all I can say is, I am totally and utterly and completely smitten with the work of this author!
Julia has a straightforward and uncomplicated style of writing that just carries you along with the current. You never feel jostled or drenched. Just floating along, gently bobbing on t
Julianne Macneil
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is the story of Audie and Calhoun. They are college students that met at a party that Audie's parents were hosting and Calhoun was attending with his father, a business associate of Audie's father. They noticed each other and were each attracted to the other. When Audie suggested leaving and getting to know each other, they ended up in Calhoun's hotel room and things progressed. They agreed to meet the next day for lunch and soon they were spendin ...more
Ana  Nimity
This sexy, sweet coming-of-age story features characers introduced in Julia McBryant's Southern Seduction trilogy, and like books in that trilogy - which I have not yet read - it is short, just 63 pages. The ending isn't exactly a cliffhanger, but it's obvious even without being labeled "Audie and Calhoun 1" that there will be more to come. Hurricane Dreams is well written, two college students discovering themselves and each other. Audie's toppy, with dominant tendencies while Calhoun is a natu ...more
Mallory
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an Advanced Reader Copy in exchange for an honest review.

Well ladies and gentlemen Julia McBryant has written her best work yet! Hurricane Dreams is a continuation in the Southern Seduction series where we hear the story about Audie and Calhoun and their roller coaster of a relationship they endure as teenagers. As all of us know being a teenager in itself is no easy task but McBryant shows us what its like to be a teenager, gay and in the south. McBryant's talent of making you feel e
Brenda Motza
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stop right there! Please, for the love of all things holy, please read "In the City On the Water" first. This is where Audie and Calhoun meet. It's at one of Audie's parents parties and Calhoun is the son of a client. I absolutely fell in love with Audie and Calhoun and I know you will too.

NOW! Hurricane Dreams. We continue the story of Audie and Calhoun trying to keep their relationship a secret because they are not "out". Audie's father is not a very nice man and Audie's childhood was horrendo
Ruth Evans
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

This is a really enjoyable read. Calhoun and Audie are characters the reader can love. Audie has to hide who he is because his father will never accept it. He's had a hard upbringing and that makes him expect the worst but he can't help feeling hope when he meets Calhoun.
Calhoun falls for Audie even though he doesn't think he's good enough. This book is about how they meet and how they help each other. The end is lovely and keeps you smiling. The sex scenes are hot! Well written and ju
Cheryl
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review. Audie, meets Calhoun  at his parents wine tasting party. Both aren't out to anyone, but Audie has found the perfect little sub with Calhoun. Poor Audie is falling fast but he thinks deep down that nothing lasts, that one day soon Calhoun will break him. Can Calhoun prove to the scared little boy inside that everything will turn out fine or will he prove Audie right?
This was such a sweet wonderful read with Audie becoming
Coline Peterson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Audie and Calhoun meet at a social function, and realized they have a in common, including liking each other. They sneak away and spend some serious time together before Calhoun heads home. After that they try to get together whenever they can, Audie is in the closet and Calhoun is not open about his preferances so it's difficult at best but finding that special someone is worth whatever storm you have to weather to come through together. A welcome new romance that is an entertaining fast r ...more
Ange
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
I voluntarily read this book as an ARC.

This was my first book by this author. I've read some MM romance before, and I've always enjoyed them. This book was no different. It's a nice, quick college romance. It's a bit of a self-discovery book as well as the two male leads come out and accept who they are.
There were some character traits that kept me from rating it higher, but overall I liked this quick read.
Kathryn Manzella
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Sweet and Endearing Start to a Love Story

Hurricane Dreams is an endearing glimpse into the beginning stages of the love story between two young men, Audie and Calhoun. They are secret, but they are so sweet and yet so sexy. I just want to delve deeper into their story and take this journey with them. Hurricane Dreams is not their whole story, but it's a very satisfying snapshot into their meeting and beginning. Definitely a lovable read!
Evie
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for my honest opinion...

In this book we meet Audie and Calhoun. They are both not out in the world yet, but when they meet at a party, instant sparks fly.
They start a secret relationship, but Audie has some real issues he needs to overcome so he can be perfectly in love. Luckily there is no one better for him than Calhoun.

This is sweet quick read which you will enjoy. The characters feel real and you can relate to them.
I can't wait to find out more...

Nichole
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, enjoyable read. For such a short story there are a lot of steamy scenes that keep you enthralled as the characters explore each other and grow on their own. Although I haven't read the prior stories, this one stands well on its own. (Although now I want to go read the prior three stories). The end lets you know that there are more coming for these two characters. More steamy times ahead? Sign me up!
Breanna Kay
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Julia and I really enjoyed it! It was a fun quick story. Audie and Calhoun meet at a party and sparks fly, while their relationship is growing they need to overcome challenges to have their HEA. I liked that this book had a plot and not just an erotic story. I liked getting to know Audie and Calhoun and the reader could relate to either of them. I will be reading more of this series!
Cynthia Carpenter
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audie and Calhoun meet at a party and hit it off and have a great night together. As the weeks and months past and the fact they have to hide their relationship and one has past issues can they overcome it to be together and live happily. Amazing read that will have you in tears and keep you turning each page to see what happens. Can't wait to read more from this author.
Megan
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story perfectly captures the fumbling excitement of losing your virginity and finding a first love. At first, you get a bit of a poor little rich boy vibe, but as the story develops you get a real feel for the character and the things he “doesn’t talk about”. I ended up loving Audie and Calhoun and I’m excited to read more from this author!
Nicole
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
So this book is a fairly quick read. A bit on the angsty side, I found that this book left me wanting more. Calhoun and Audie are interestingly different, and definitely sweet as southern sweet tea. It also has some hauntingly heartbreaking moments, tension of the non-sexual kind, and “head-meet-wall” moments. I cannot wait to see what the next installment has to offer.
Ali
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Not quite sure what to think of this, both these boys feel that it’s necessary to hide their relationship from pretty much everyone. It’s very insta-lovey but not the way I usually enjoy and a lot of Calhoun trying to show Audie that he is worthy. I want to see how this continues but I’m just not sure of my enjoyment of it.

I received an ARC of this book and am giving an honest review.
Missy
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Julia McBryant is a genius when it comes to writing books. Hurricane Dreams is Phenomenal, when Audie and Calhoun meet at Audie's parents wine tasting party. The two boys sneak off into the Charleston Night. The love they have for each other is so sweet. Their love for each other has it's trouble, but it is so romantic.
Kitt
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author, so these characters were new to me. They are both so sweet and lovable as they embark on their love story. There is some drama and angst, homophobic families, and plenty of heat. It's a quick read, and I really want the rest of their story...STAT.

I received a complimentary ARC and am voluntarily leaving this honest review.
Samantha Fields
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a nice story about navigating love whilst dealing with prejudice. Audie finds love but has to deal with people who don't believe love between two men is possible. This story is well written and had me reading until the end.
Mona williams
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
this book was just for me! i felt like there was parts of the story missing from this book! two guys who are attracted to each other . start dating in secret. only if there families found out there would be hell to pay. read to find out why!
Mary A Walters
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful story! Audie and Calhoun are perfect for each other! I’m looking forward to the next part of their story. I hope they make it.
The book is not that long and could be read before bed. And plenty of hotness to go around!
Jenna Cunningham
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of Audie and Calhoun, two southern boys who came from traditional southern families and therefore had to hide who they truly are. Summertime romance or lasting love? Beautiful story, loved every second of it!
Vikki Purcell
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This my first time reading anything from this author. The flow of writing made it fun and easy to follow the story as it unfolds. Will be checking out future reads from this author.
Leah Blanks
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was short but it was good I liked it a lot and can’t wait for more to come
I live in the prettiest city in the world with my ever-patient husband, brood of children, and too many dogs. When I'm not writing I'm writing.

Low Country Lovers (2 books)
  • Neon Saturday Night (Low Country Lovers, #2)