Start by marking “Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)” as Want to Read:
Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)

Far Cry

(Talbott’s Cove #3)

Brooke Markham needs a man. A real good man.

But she's not looking for a keeper. She's too busy kicking ass, running an empire, and caring for her ailing father to spend time with men who want annoying things like relationships and commitment and…conversation.

Brooke knows what she wants and it's not a future with the growly barkeep.

JJ Harniczek needs money. A whole lo
Published August 27th 2019 by Vesper Pres

Start your review of Far Cry (Talbott's Cove, #3)
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS
I couldn't shake the sense she'd let me fuck her until she couldn't walk right, but then she'd rip one of my kidneys out and keep it as a trophy.

Ummm....Kate Canterbary, where have you been all my life? How is this the first book I've read by you? HOW, I ask you? Because both of my ovaries are currently giving you a standing ovation. Lady boner, party of one? PRESENT! Sweet mother of FIRE this was hot!

Now if you follow my reviews or know me even a little, than you know that enemies to lovers is my jamSTARS
Isabella.R
5 Clam Jamming Stars ⭐

Far Cry is a refreshing take on modern romance that a lot of us women could relate to. With no virgins in sight, characters in their 30s with real life issues, we finally get a book where they are in touch with their sexuality and aren’t afraid to pursue it. If you haven’t read Kate Cantebary before you’re missing out. This is the perfect book to pop your cherry on. You will be rooting for the underdog and let me tell you it isn’t the heroine!

Brooke has moved b
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I don't have much to say about Far Cry, other than that I really was looking forward to read Brooke's story after meeting her in the previous book, "Hard Pressed" (Annette's book) but felt sorely disappointed.

Brooke was such a loveable heroine in the previous book, strong headed, inappropriate, loyal. Feisty isn't strong enough a word to define her.
Unfortunately, as much as I adored Brooke's personality, I couldn't enjoy her story at all. The romance arc was seemingly absent from this book, the hate to love trope a tad too strong to be
Jan
Aug 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book but just didn't connect with it. I really like some of the author's other books, but this is the first one I've read from this series. It's a different style. I don't like the crude and raunchy humour. When I got about 1/4 in and the h was having a text-conversation with her bf about (I think?) queefing (don't ask.....), it was just, no. So not funny. Ugh. Have some self-respect, ladies. DNF.
Saly
I get what the author wanted to show, a tough heroine with a soft interior but honestly she has done that before in her previous books. I did not like the way the heroine treated the hero or find any semblance of love/ romance in their interactions. They basically have some cold sex I felt. I get the heroine had a lot on her plate, taking care of a really sick parent (something I personally know), but her and the way she behaved with the hero, like he was a piece of meat to get her off just icke ...more
Anna
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
It was my first book from this author... There are so many different reviews about it...
If you like hate to love stories, it's your book. Heroine was just angry with the world, and I think sex was her way to cope with it. She was pretty strong and tough nut but she and hero didn't work for me. Too much sex it's not enough to have to much chemistry.
Although it was hate from both sides, later it developed to a beautiful love story.
I didn't like that I didn't get the reason why th
Anne OK
I had difficult time settling into this one -- even considered it a DNF once or twice. But I'm no quitter so I pushed it aside for a day and picked up again yesterday to forge onward. For over half the book, I felt nothing really -- didn't like either the long-haired bearded JJ or the uppity self-absorbed Brooke. If I had to pick a favorite, it definitely would be JJ -- because Brooke uses men and tosses them aside and not to kindly either, but I didn't extend much slack to JJ because he let her ...more
Claire Kingsley
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Kate's Talbott's Cove novels and was so excited when I saw she'd written a book about Brooke Markham. This book, you guys. I freaking LOVED it. The characters were so compelling, I was sucked in from page one. It's one of those books that makes me want to go to bed with a bottle of wine and never write again because damn.
Ivy Deluca
Tropes: second chance, enemies-to-lovers, ONS turns more

Brooke & JJ grew up in Talbott’s Cove. There’s history here. But the sparks that fly whenever they’re in the same room together? Ooh angry, deeply sexually frustrated sparks. They love to bicker, to banter, to growl at each other, and eventually, well, you can imagine where all that pent up energy goes. But when feelings get involved, and things go beyond sexual and deeply emotional, that’s when the romance happens.

Tropes: second chance, enemies-to-lovers, ONS turns more

description

I really enjoyed Brooke & JJ’s romance alot. I’ve had a crush on Brooke since Hard Pressed, and I wanted so much to see her get a HEA. JJ is the grumpy hero that can go toe to toe with her and make it work, and I loved them together. There’s alot of hate f*cking (I mean, they were HOT) and alot of banter, alot of suppressed feelings. So, I was very happy on that front.

I always appreciate how Ms. Canterbary integrates their professional lives into the romance, and I think that she really fleshed out what goes into running JJ’s business beautifully. Seeing the day-to-day lives of the inhabitants of Talbott’s Cove, I actually loved how she allowed the characters to examine how insulated and homogeneous the town is, but they’re trying to join the 21st century. I can say, when I’m in that New England frame of mind, few authors can bring it alive in text the way Ms. Canterbary does.

If there was one thing that I was missing was more internal musings from Brooke. I understand that her situation with her father was sad and serious, but I wanted more from her personal perspective. So much of her chapters were focused on her text conversations with her best friend Annette. Now mind you, I love Brooke and Annette’s friendship. It’s a solidly built relationship that enriches this story and is something that I adore seeing in romances - #bloodlesssisters4life. So, while I enjoyed it, I wanted more of Brooke on her own. Having said that, her personality certainly shines through, and it's gale-force in nature, something that both JJ and I appreciated very much. The inevitable dark moment wasn’t drawn out, and the resolution to it all was quick, but still satisfying. All in all, I’d recommend it for those looking for a prickly, strong heroine (my favorite kind) and the grumpy heroes who love and support them, just as they are. Oh, plus hate f*cking. Lots and lots o’ hate f*cking. If that’s your jam, you may enjoy this.

**Borrowed through Kindle Unlimited**

For more reviews, visit

description
description description description description
Em__Jay
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘For angry women’, reads the dedication in Kate Canterbary’s newest book, FAR CRY. I was already anticipating this book but this dedication built my interest level significantly.

I was not disappointed. Brooke-Ashley Markham is one of the angriest characters I have read in a long time. Please, don’t misunderstand. Brooke is strong, confident and assertive; she is not a ‘mean girl’ out to consciously hurt people. What she also is, is a product of a life where the expectations of others, plus the
Zilpha Owens
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to visit the Cove

Maybe even live there. I loved all the books in the series but I’ll admit this one was the best. It’s romance and unconditional love and friendship and a stewing bromance. Just stellar.
Tracy  C
I was really looking forward to Brooke's book so I was a bit disappointed. While the actual writing was very good, and Annette and Brooke's interactions were very amusing, I had a hard time feeling JJ and Brooke. There was so much animosity and anger. Their relationship seemed toxic to me for most of the book. They both softened at the end, but by then I was so used to the antagonism, I was waiting for an argument to break out.
Natasha is a Book Junkie
I'm so obsessed with the Talbott’s Cove series, and I've been waiting for Brooke's story ever since we first met her in Hard Pressed. Brooke is independent, successful, hard-working, but her upbringing has made her scared of forming any emotional connections with people, never showing her true self and always putting a wall between herself and the world. Because life has taught Brooke that her true self is never enough, and those she loves always end up leaving her. Enter JJ Harniczek, childhood ...more
AJ
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“That woman is a motherfucking force to be reckoned with and I love her.”

4 stars!

The third book in the Talbott’s Cove series, this is a hot and feisty enemies-to-lovers romance that is full of snark and banter. It’s a fun read with wonderfully strong characters, and I loved it.

Firstly, yes, you can read this as a standalone, but there is a lot of character crossover, and because they are awesome books, I definitely recommend reading the first two books in the series first – at least Hard Pressed, because Brooke is the best friend o
Ann
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
I love this author but this series has had its ups and downs for me. The first half of this book is slow, chatty and disjointed. All that lengthy texting between Annette/Brooke (Although there was 1 text that made me laugh). Then there's the push and pull between JJ and dysfunctional Brooke just wasn't that interesting. I know KC's characters are always dysfunctional, and I love that, but I just wasn't sure I could get on board here. BUT... there's the 2nd half.

At 50% this story thankfully pick
Louise
I adored Brooke in Annette and Jackson's story. Feisty, sexy, sarcastic, witty, loyal, flirty and huge-hearted Brooke was a character I could truly get down with. The texts between her and Annette are just awesome - love that friendship. I was super excited about Brooke getting her own story and even more excited when I found out that it was with a growly bearded bartender - my kryptonite. I was kinda hoping it would be a similar read to Julia Wolf's Cut Loose (which I highly recommend for a bea ...more
April Symes
Far Cry is the 3rd book in the Talbott’s Cove series by Kate Canterbary and it just keeps going from strength to strength. This is Brooke and JJ's book- an enemies-to-lovers story. It can be read as a standalone but I really do recommend that you read the previous books in this series ( Fresh Catch & Hard Pressed ).
Brooke is this complex character- she comes across as this bundle of angry but she really isn't. Her character is so much more and the writing expresses this. JJ is this sil
Alissa
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is definitely one of the funniest books I’ve ever read! Nobody writes quirk, snark and witty banter like Kate Canterbary. Brooke and JJ were explosive together and they had me laughing out loud with their angry hate sex. I never really warmed to Brooke though, JJ was very patient with her and she was always just so angry. Quite the spitfire, but overall this was another great one from one of my favorites!
Angelika
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019

#contemporary #dual-pov #standalone-in-a-series
#enemies-to-lovers #second-chance #small-town #funny

Happily Mary After
Shelves: 2019-august
[image error]
I stayed up late into the night reading Kate Canterbary’s Far Cry, because I simply couldn’t put it down. This is enemies-to-lovers romance, which will undoubtedly be on my Best of 2019 list, was thoroughly entertaining, breathtakingly romantic, fan-yourself-worthy hot and deeply satisfying.
Brooke and JJ have known each other their entire lives growing up in the same small town of Talbott’s Cove and have alternated between widely attracted to each other and thoroughly annoyed by one another. They both left
Michelle Rodriguez
What do you get when you have a growly, man-bun wearing barkeep and a salty AF hedge fund running woman with lots of hate f*@#ing? A really freaking awesome read is what you get. Ok, I digress y’all. Not really. Let me start from the beginning a bit.

Far Cry is the third book in the Talbott’s Cave series, yes it can be read as a standalone, and yes you should read Fresh Catch, Hard Pressed and the rest of Ms. Canterbary’s backlist. You’re welcome. For those of you who’ve read the other books, we
Dawn Strickland
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Temptation and Trust
Far Cry may be Ms. Canterbary's best work, yet. She has a gift for writing dialogue that showcases wit, humor, and vulnerability. The dialogue in Far Cry is stellar and oh so satisfying. Just like the sexual tension between Brooke and JJ. The way these two verbally spar and press each other's buttons is intoxicating.

Brooke is dealing with a high pressure career, personal baggage, and a bit of a personal crisis. She is trying to shoulder an immense load alone and that p
Bibliophile  Chloe
Shelves: best-of-2019
Wowza...do I love Talbott's Cove....Kate Canterbary has created a world that I want to live in.

I can enumerate on the multiple reasons why I admire Ms. Canterbary's writing but I want to get to the review of Far Cry.

Yes this is the story of JJ & Brooke, but people, it is SO. MUCH. MORE. More than a love story with smexy times, more than just a humorous story with laugh out loud moments.

The amount of research that Ms. Canterbary puts into each of her stor
Han
3.7
um,,, this is something alright,,, anyway

-i love their easy banter,,, every time they interact im like 👀👀👀

-i love their shared history or whatevah thats interessant

-their ‘enemy’ thing going on,,, y’all,,, 👀👀

-their sexual tension at like at the beginning y’all 👀👀 i mean yeah their chemistry woOooOo

-i love when jj almost always asks brooke if she eaten or not,,, love those small things y’all thats cute

-they blonde x dark hair a
b.andherbooks
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite Talbott's Cove story

By far my favorite in the Talbotts Cove series, I've been eagerly awaiting Brooke's HEA. Brooke is prickly, stubborn, verbal about what she wants and doesn't want, and takes no prisoners. She's a billionaire and she's not here for anyone's guff but is stuck back at home in a place she thought she left behind, with a father who doesn't know her anymore, and no plans for the future. I adored watching her bang against grumpy JJ, both verbally and phsyically, and
Tmstprc
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And, she does it again. Another amazing story, with complex, smart characters!
Stephanie Rose
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5++++ stars. I loved everything about this book. The snappy banter, the growly yet sweet barkeep and the tough as nails heroine you love all the more when she lets you glimpse her vulnerability. Emotional, witty, and hot, Far Cry is a MUST read and I wish I could yell at everyone to read this book right now.
litljen
Kate Canterbary can't write a bad book. She can't even write a mediocre book. What can she write you ask? Let's just say that Canterbary is only capable of writing a book that is absolute PERFECTION! Seriously, I haven't read one story of hers yet that hasn't completely blown me away and left me in awe. Far Cry is yet another successful feather in her cap in a long string of best sellers and it's one you don't want to miss. Haven't read the other books in the Talbotts Cove series? Not a problem! ...more
Kim May
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No one…and I mean NO ONE writes grumpy, growly men and smart, strong, kick-ass women better than Kate Canterbary. This is the third book in the Talbott’s Cove series. It can be read as a complete standalone. Each book in the series is about a different resident of the town with their own complete story and HEA. In this book we get JJ, the local bar owner and Brooke, the hedge fund manager who had to come back home from New York City.

Brooke and JJ grew up together in this small town, and while I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Price Of Scandal (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Wild Open Hearts (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Southern Heartbreaker (Charleston Heat, #4)
  • The Arrival of You (Mile High #2)
  • Sink or Swim (Beach Kingdom, #3)
  • Mile High
  • Highball Rush (Bootleg Springs #6)
  • Crazy for Loving You (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • Hitched (Happy Cat, #3)
  • The Billionaire Book Club
  • Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5)
  • Behind the Veil
  • Park Avenue Player
  • The Dugout (Brentwood Baseball, #2)
  • Perfect Strangers
  • The Guy on the Right
  • Love Me Tomorrow (Put A Ring On It, #3)
Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, ...more

Talbott’s Cove (4 books)
  • Fresh Catch (Talbott’s Cove, #1)
  • Hard Pressed (Talbott’s Cove, #2)
  • Rough Sketch
“It’s so great that you have opinions,” she mused. “Even better that I don’t give a single fuck what you think.” She leaned forward, folded her arms on the edge of the bar. “Then again, I can’t give a single fuck because I don’t have any. Literally.” 0 likes
“He raised his arm, braced it on the doorframe … “What the hell do you want?”
I glanced down at his jeans. “Take off your pants.”
His brows pinched together. “Come again?”
“I’d love to, but I’m going to need you to drop those jeans first.” I ducked under his arm and stepped into his home. “I trust you have a condom or two.”
0 likes