Start by marking “Grind: A No-Bullshit Approach to Take Your Business from Concept to Cash Flow” as Want to Read:

Grind: A No-Bullshit Approach to Take Your Business from Concept to Cash Flow

This practical guide to starting a new business skips past the MBA and goes right to the nuts and bolts of building a successful, self-sustaining company.
In Grind, Michael J. McFall, co-CEO of BIGGBY® COFFEE, helps readers identify the common-sense strategies needed to turn their start-up ideas into positive-cash flow businesses. Dispensing with the notion that potential
Published August 6th 2019 by Greenleaf Book Group

Win a Copy of This Book

• Grind by Michael J. McFall
    Release date: Aug 06, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win one of a 100 ebooks of Grind: A No-Bullshit Approach to Take Your Business from Concept to Cash Flow by Michael J McFall.

Th

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 68 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Sep 12 - Sep 26, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Grind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grind

Darya
    Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Are you dreaming about having your own business? Entrepreneurship is a tough game. If you don't have an entrepreneur experience, I recommend you to go through the one described in the book. Very cool comparison of who you need to be to engage with your own business - Cowboy Squirrel! Why? Check out the book.
    Diana
    Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    A collection of common sense advice for starting a business, but which may often be overlooked. An example is staying humble, an often overlooked value. Another example is a sample of the author's daily schedule followed by some advice to keep in mind when making an agenda for your working days to optimize your input. The tone is motivational, prompting to action.
    David Rhoa
    Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    It has been my experience that business books come in one of two flavors: “the fond reflection”, “the academic dissertation”.

In “the fond reflection” type, the author (in most cases a well-known, successful entrepreneur) takes the reader on a sanitized trip down memory lane in an effort to convey, “How I got to where I am today”. While potentially entertaining, such journeys are seldom helpful to the would-be-entrepreneur who is reading the book in an effort to “learn from the master”. All memo
    Robert P
    Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    What I find interesting about Grind is it's simplicity and directness. So often we get startup books from an academic perspective or from some mega-entrepreneur that frankly lost track of reality a long time ago. This book has five principles in five chapters. Each one might seem terribly obvious, but as people (and business people) we tend to overcomplicate the startup phase. If you know someone that wants to start a business buy 3 books, and tell them keep one by their bedside, one in their ba ...more
    Thomas Belongia
    Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    For anyone who is interested in being there own boss, this is the book for you. You should read this before you start your business and come back to it often. Its the kind of book of you will want to keep near you as you walk thru this life we call self employed. My favorite part of this book is the way its written from real world experience, and it shows. This is not theoretical. This is real blood, sweat and tears that you can feel coming thru the pages of real stories. Michael talks about whe ...more
    gifta alvina
    This book give us rich and real insight for starting a business, especially if you are in retail or business that face the end consumers directly.

It only consist of 5 chapters, but the content is very complete and with applicable advice. The book does not sell dreams of starting your own business, but Grind show you what it takes to be an entrepreneur.

Thank you netgalley for providing the arc.
    Brandon
    Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    GRIND was a fantastic, quick, relevant read that I recommend for anyone who is engaged in, or considering, an entrepreneurial journey.
    The book stands out because it offers a raw and vulnerable look into the foundations of success in business ownership.
    Jason Woodrum
    Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Great read and tremendous insight. Fantastic book for anyone growing or managing a business of any size. Very insightful and wisdom that can be put to use immediately.
    Peggy Rector
    Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Excellent! Truthful, inspiring, on point. I can relate to so much of what he wrote and wish I had this book to read as I opened my first BIGGBY in early 2009.
    Isabel Andrews
    Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I loved the book!! I am not interested in opening a store and yet I was able to find many things in it that fit in with my daily life. I highly recommend everyone to read it!
    Cristie Underwood