Start by marking “Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)” as Want to Read:
Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)

Just Kidding

(SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)

Let’s do a calendar, they said. It’ll be fun, they said.

Well, they—I.e. Kilgore Police Department’s public relations specialists—were wrong.

Now, every time Dax Tremaine walks around a corner, the women of Kilgore, Texas can’t help calling him Mr. January.

Mr. January, can you fix my flat tire? Mr. January, can you cuff me? Mr. January, can you sign my boob?

It goes from bad
Published January 7th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Just Kidding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Kidding

Start your review of Just Kidding (SWAT Generation 2.0 #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Rowen wanted Theo. Theo wanted her sister, Katy. Katy wanted nothing to do with Theo. Theo then continued to repel Rowen's subtle advances and started dating the only woman to have tortured her for a year. Rowen then lost her job. With nothing holding her back, she moved back home, reconnected with Dax, found him to be more man than any man she'd ever met, and quickly realized that everything she wanted was right there for the taking.

Their story was so cute and hot and it was everything. Rowen
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Dax and Rowen were perfectly matched. Rowen was someone who knew what she wanted, and more importantly, what she was and wasn’t willing to tolerate. She had great patience and a huge heart. Dax was a surly dude who was anything but to Rowen. I liked that he protected her but also let her do her own battles.

The plot was interesting and humorous. The characters were fleshed our well and the relationship felt natural. LLV has this style that is uniquely hers and she is
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
3 - OK decent reads.
=======================
Well, since I didn't like the author's last books and noticed a decrease in her writing quality, I started reading with low expectation and it was ok reading. It was better than expected, but it wasn't a great read. I liked the hero and our heroine was not the worst. The villains very over the top and ridiculous. I liked the parents and was curious about the story of the heroine's brother.
Gi's Spot Reviews

5 ‘ You’re Everything’ Stars

Sweet Baby Jesus… Talk about starting the year with a BANG! Just Kidding is EVERYTHING, and Dax and Rowen are absolute PERFECTION together!

Well, I thought the OG KPD SWAT couldn’t be beat, but it seems this new generation are going to give them a run for their money, and I’m soooooo here for it!

Ms. Vale once again rocked my world with these two. The gripping way Just Kidding started, the slow build up that left me glued to my
Tina
Jan 06, 2020 marked it as dnf
Jesus why do I ever try to read books from this author??
Is's straight up tstl. Already we have a caricature of a bad guy in this case - woman, who switched heroine's shampoo and make her go bald and lose her job.

I just can't.
Izzie d
Really liked this one.
I haven't read many of the previous books and characters do appear from previous books but I didn't find it mattered.
Strong, protective Hero, though his mum still does his laundry.
Strong heroine.
Small other man drama.
Bitchy coworker drama.
Ex drama from Hero.
Slow burn, friends to lovers premise, but they are together by 50%.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and.
No pushing away.
Quite funny in parts.
HEA.
Epilogue.
Breadcrumbs dropped for future books in series. Teaser
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Amazing start to a new series!

A new spin-off series by one of my favourite authors. It’s like Christmas came early as I tried to read slowly to make it last. Of course, that didn’t happen as Rowen and Dax proved to be too good to walk away before their story was done…

Rowen and Dax were gold in this hilarious, heart-warming and steamy romance… Work-place bullying, unrequited love and pure malice haunted Rowen until it all blew up in her face. Or on her head, to be precise. She was crushed but not
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Another LLV book I read in one sitting. Rowan is a delightful heroine-she is sweet and funny and smart. Dax is a great hero-badass but warm and gooey when it comes to Rowan. I loved these two and their families. Vale just keeps churning out great stories that seem to break me out of my reading funks!
Chaos Book Reviews.
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a way to start 2020!

When I first read the teaser for this book in the KPD Box Set I knew it was gonna sink it's hooks into me straight off the bat.

Rowan the adorable four year old from Center Mass, is all grown up. She's kicking ass and taking names. After passing the Bar exam all she wants to do is save the world one court case at a time. But after some mishaps during her internship she's had to pack up and come home.

After having some shitty things go down in his teenage years, Dax found
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Dax was like a shot of warm whiskey straight to the heart."

I was so intrigued by the synopsis, knowing that the Mr. January situation would be very amusing. Knowing that there would be plenty of #HotCops, some that I'd met before and others I could look forward to spending time with in the future. And all of that is true...

What I wasn't expecting was to get beside myself upset over what happens to Rowen. I got attached to her and wanted to throw a shovel in the trunk and solve at least one of
Vfc
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Wickedly  Romance
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Dax and Rowen are both characters we met as children in their parent's books. I was waiting for Rowen's story after the tease we got in her sister's book. She was in love with her sister's ex which was plain for anyone to see. So I was curious as to how all of that would play out. Especially since Dax ain't the ex.

A lot happens in the first chapter of this book
Kodie Mackay
I didn't think I could be shocked to the mouth open fish gulping face by Lani after all the crazy I've read from her and I've read every book she's released. Oh boy did she have to go prove me wrong with that belter she pulled in this one!. Shookith would be an understatement and let me tell you I'd cut a bitch for that shit.

If the blurb didn't get you interested be assured that Rowen and Dax's book will not fail.

Rowen really thought she was in love with Theo her sister Katy's ex. Let's just
The Book Lover
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I loved this story from beginning to end! I read it in one sitting.
Three Chicks
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Dax and Rowen's story is sassy with a little bit of drama and a lot of humor thrown in! Rowen handles some lousy shite that happens to her with more class than I would. She's a beautiful girl who needs a bit more confidence. Let's just say there's a real nasty hater who tries her best to undermine what little confidence she has. Only Rowen isn't about to let anyone keep her down.

Dax appears at just the right moment for Rowen. Being a man of authority he's a typical alpha who
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Well, it’s clear that Swat 2.0 is going to be dangerous for my heart. When it wasn’t racing it was melting and I’m pretty sure that effect is going to just occur more and more with this series. I absolutely LOVE getting to see the next generation of characters I’ve loved for years get their happily ever afters. And I love it even more when their stories are as outstanding as Rowen and Dax’s.
This book had me not only hooked but entirely on the edge of my seat literally from the start. Lani comes
Jody
With each successive book released I’ve become an even bigger fan of Ms. Vale and her delightful storytelling that’s the perfect balance of romance with a bit of suspense. This series starter has all the usual witty banter I’ve come to count on from Ms. Vale along with a delicious hero and sassy heroine whose interactions are teeming with sexual tension. Seeing these characters grow up from their younger years (seen in a previous book) pulled me into this story from the very first page and had ...more
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say that LLV's books are an automatic must-buy for me. It doesn't matter which book I read from hers, I've loved just about every single one of them. And when I'm in a funk, I can always rely on her reads to get me out of it.
Well, LLV has delivered another series to just fall in love with, more of Kilgore and characters you want to devour. ;-)

There's so many great moments throughout Just Kidding , LLV always delivers with some pretty comical moments. And you'll definitely be
Julie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrific story, and I can see from this first book from Lani Lynn Vale’s new series SWAT Generation 2.0, we’re in for an awesome journey.

This time around we have Rowan and Dax. Rowan has finally conquered law school, she’s passed the bar and now is in search of a job. She’s was looking forward to the position the internship would open up for her.....but Rowan didn’t count on Shondra’s interactions.
New to the Swat team, Dax is not too happy being told he has to pose for pictures for a calendar
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a great way to start the New Year, “Just Kidding” is a fantastic read by Lani Lynn Vale. In this book we meet yet another sexy as sin, gigantium of a man in SWAT team member Dax. He is built like a tank, covered in tats, sweet and sexy and he falls head over heels for Rowen, his boss’ daughter. Rowen is an intelligent, independent, women. She is beautiful and sexy even after suffering a tragic case of mobbing. After passing the Bar, she decides to move back home, right next door to sexy ...more
Becca Stanfield Vernon
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely intrigued with the little view into Rowan’s story at the end of If You Say So & getting the whole story did not disappoint. These generation stories are going to be just a wonderful as her other stories. I have fallen in love with so many of these characters. The way Lani can weave her stories is so beautiful, well written & gah the way she can write these sexy characters will make your mouth water!! She has definitely found her calling & I hope she never quits. Now ...more
Joelle
What a fun read this story was and I have to stay that it made us laugh to the very end.The story had some really great characters but, Rowen turned out to be our favorite.

We have read an extremely large number of books and we always pick a favorite character that just sticks out and Rowen is just one of those characters that a reader will not be able to soon forget.

We loved Rowen from the onset of the story no matter how unfair life was beating her down she remained to be upbeat and strong and
Astraycat
Enjoy reading this story. I originally thought this would be h finally got Theo' s love…fortunately, she found a much better man, H.

Glad to see Max, Peyton, and the couple from F-Bomb(Bear Bottom Guardians MC #9), not to mention other characters from previous series.

The only thing I didn't like was the drama from their ex and ex-crush's girlfriend.
Harry
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
As usual......LLV's books are like comfort food....no doubt this was also very good.....
Caroline
5 stars
This book is hilarious!! I loved it from the beginning and it had me laughing so much!

Rowan is my new hero! I want to be her when I grow up. She is so amazing! She is carefree, sweet, fun and owns who she is and how she looks. I don't think many people could end up losing all their hair and just owning it as if it was normal. She always had me smiling or laughing.

Now Rowan's man is just as perfect as her. Dax is hot, sweet, fun, alpha man and just overall everything I need in a
2OCC Reviews
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica, gemma
Jessica’s Review

My oh my! I loved Rowan in her parents book and was so excited to see her get her HEA. It didn’t start off the best for her but that saying, everything happens for a reason really rang true for her. Dax was the perfect march for her. He was sweet and sexy and all around funny. I couldn’t help but love him, but I mean really, I loved his parents story too so it doesn’t suprise me.

Seeing the parent made my heart sing. Yes they were in here and played their roles but it didn’t take
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Oh my word, I knew this series was going to be good and man oh man this one started off racing...

Rowen is freaking awesome. She just finished law school and even though the guy she has been crushing on doesn't see her she's a lawyer... Until the unthinkable happens. But she rolls with the punches. She decides to move home and find a job. Then Dax Tremaine shows up in her life and changes everything again.
Dax shows up in Rowen's life at the perfect time. He is kind, protective, sweet, sexy and
Kari Hansen
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
After Rowan graduated from law school, she had dreams for her future and that included convincing the man she had been crushing on that they should be together and having the company where she has been articling offer her a permanent position. When both plans go up in smoke, she decides to head back home to be close to her friends and family.

Dax is a member of the SWAT team who loves his job and the people he works with. When he is convinced to take part in a calendar, he can’t say no, but he
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Brand new series and a whole lot of what you get with LLV! Lani Lynn Vale is the queen of what she does, she's got a formula I admire, and it's apparent by her HUGE following that she's doing all the things righ. She's got me as a big fan and dare I say this new book is already a top favorite of mine for this year.

We've got Just Kidding, the first book in the SWAT Generation 2.0 series up now and it was everything in the best ways! Sexy. Twisty. Fun. Sweet. Unputdownable. Action packed.
Lisa Mandina
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have read other books by this author and really enjoyed them, and this one was no different! I loved so much about the main character, Rowen, so much about her was just like me! Her attitude towards alcohol, as well as how she felt about having things on her head like hats, wigs, etc. I loved the different headings in each chapter as well, although at one point I did have to go Google what it suggested in one of them. Which was hilarious, even if it wasn't completely true. Rowen and Dax were a ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Setup (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • Wait for Me
  • Demise of a Self-Centered Playboy (The Baileys #5)
  • Humbugged (Happy Cat, #4)
  • Ho Ho Hennessy
  • Avoiding Temptation (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material #1)
  • Seducing Mrs. Robinson (A Bro Code Standalone)
  • So, That Got Weird (So Far, So Good, #1)
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy Book 3)
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy #1)
  • Tequila
  • Manhattan (Becker Bothers, #3)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • Gabriel (The Wounded Sons Book 1)
  • Beauty and the Badge (Charlotte's Cove #1)
Lani Lynn Vale is married to the love of her life that she met in high school. She fell in love with him because he was wearing baseball pants. Ten years later they have three perfectly crazy children and a cat named Demon who likes to wake her up at ungodly times in the night. They live in the greatest state in the world, Texas. She writes contemporary and romantic suspense, and has a love for ...more

SWAT Generation 2.0 (6 books)
  • Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 #2)
  • Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 #3)
  • Ask Me If I Care (SWAT Generation 2.0 #4)
  • May Contain Wine (SWAT Generation 2.0 #5)
  • Jokes on You (SWAT Generation 2.0 #6)