Start by marking “Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers, #2)

Unspoken Vow

(Steele Brothers #2)

𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢.

There’s a long list of things I don’t handle well:
Change.
Relationships.
Breakups.

But there’s one person above everything else I can’t seem to get a handle on.
𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦.

In short, he’s perfect. The reality, he scares me. He’s the opposite of what I usually go for. He’s bigger. Intimidating. He reminds me of someone I’d ra
Published July 9th 2019

☆ Todd
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

Gah! With everything that Anders had gone through in the past, this book was completely heartbreaking, but still remained mostly full of hope.

My friends already know that stories centered around mental health issues are faaaaar from my favorite trope.

They tend to be emotionally draining, especially when an MC's issues force a sudden, often long separation, leaving the other MC completely gutted in the process. And that's about the furthest thing from a fun read, IMHO.

But in this story, althou
Wendy

Books that center around Mental Health are always a bit of a hit and miss for me. This is because I myself suffer from multiple issues, and so I am not always up to reading about it. Sometimes I just like to pretend I am an ostrich...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ostrich gif head in sand

Other times I don't mind reading about it because it makes me feel less alone...if you get what I'm saying.

Anyways...I usually try not to let my mood affect my rating because me being in a bad place has nothing to do with the book or the story ;)

In this in

Cadiva
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm wordless. This book has essentially left me speechless with just how much justice was done to such a difficult subject.

It can't be read alone, imho. You need to have read Law's story first to have a full understanding of how Anders' life has been one of simply existing for the last five years.

There are trigger warnings, they need paying attention to. Eden Finley deals with some of the harshest forms of mental trauma in this book with a sensitivity that is second to none.

I'm not going to men
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I've been pretty excited to get this story since I first read Unwritten Law and met the Steele Brothers. And especially when I saw that spark between Anders and Brody. I knew their story was going to be amazing and I was absolutely not wrong. There was so much emotion and sexual tension in this book that I just about exploded. And I loved all of it.

Anders is a character that hit pretty close to home for me, but I have to say that I loved how Eden Finley depicted wh
Fabi
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up because the humor and snark kept this from becoming too dark and depressing.

I didn't know what Anders' story would entail but I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I smiled reading his story. It's because the story is about healing, about strength and about defining your own normal. It's about finding your individual happy.

So overall it felt uplifting and positive. Throw in Finley's trademark dry wit and the characters became as endearing as could be.

I really, really
Renée
Unpopular opinion. This was SO much more hurt/comfort than I imagined. And when I say that's not my cuppa, it's really, really not. I can handle it in certain doses, but this was like drinking from a fire hose.

Also, is there anyone like Brody who is that understanding and perfect? I think I believe in Santa more than him.
Rach
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The two MC's in this book are Anders and Brody which we met in the first book. Anders is Law's twin brother and they are both really close. Brody is Reade's friend from his childhood.

We found out a little of what happened to Anders in the first book.

Anders is looking for a place to live as Law has moved in with Reade. He finds it very hard to trust anyone because of the trauma he has gone through in his past. Brody offers a place to stay and there relationship begins from there.

I love how Brod
haletostilinski
This was definitely Eden Finley's angstiest MM book to date. Does that mean it was super duper angsty or even that dark? Nah, I wouldn't say that. It dealt with heavy shit but it didn't go down a dark path like it could have.

At times, yeah, I found Anders' behavior a little frustrating, but ultimately it was very understandable so I was able to get past it. And real shit like trauma and anxiety and PTSD, all that is all hard shit to deal with and not instantly curable so I knew Anders wasn't ju
Vanna
3.25 stars!! 👍💕 Liked it!! I think this was a close one where I almost loved it, but maybe I wasn't really in the right frame of mind to read about a serious mental-issue. Although Ms Finley has done a wonderful job writing about a real issue👍, but having read her other books this felt a little off because the humor didn't quite gel with what Anders was dealing with.
The story was both heartbreaking 💔as well as satisfying at times💗. Anders has severe anxiety and PTSD due to an assault which almo
Nat ReadingAllNite
I’m not even sure my review can do justice to this story. If you read book one, which I strongly suggest that you do, you already know much of what happened to Anders. This is not the heaviest story with PTSD as a central theme that I’ve read. I did get teary when Anders saw himself as never having the life or partner he once thought he’d have. There were many lighter moments of banter and humor and Lucky/Meatball the cat was actually my favorite character. Brody was the kind of guy you wanted t ...more
Snjez
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
There are a lot of angsty, hurt/comfort stories that I really enjoyed, but for some reason I couldn't connect emotionally with this one. I liked some parts of the story but as a whole, not as much as I expected.

I found Anders very intriguing in the first book and I really liked him as a character in this one. His story was very touching. Brody was also a lovely character and perfect for Anders, if not too perfect.

However, I feel that right from the start of their relationship, the emphasis was
Susan
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, mm, hurt-comfort
What happened to me with this book was the complete opposite of the first one. I expected to hate the first book and ended up liking it, and I expected to love this book but I ended up being too frustrated with the drama to fully like it.

This book is all about Anders. Anders was attacked and almost killed by his ex-boyfriend 5 years ago. Now he has PTSD and severe anxiety. He only dates smaller younger guys, but still avoid conflicts at all cost. So he still gets Law to break up with his flings
Ky
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019, arc
This is the second book in the series and it's about Law's twin brother, Anders, and a gentle giant who wants to get to know him, Brody.

It's not a dark book but it's not a light one either. It deals with imortant and serious issues, which you already know if you read the first book, but in a way that's not overwhelming.

It gives Anders a voice and follows along in his struggle to overcome his past and have a normal life again, but the vibe is mostly positive about the future instead of murky and
Laxmama
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: dual-pov, m-m
I was so excited when I heard this book was being released, I read the first book when I was all out of EF and surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I though this one was going to be it for me, I did a re-read before and again just adore Law & Reed. Then went right into this one. Don’t get me wrong there was much I did enjoy, the quick humor & banter, and the fact that she didn’t go for the quick fix and it was much truer/real. I just felt Brody was too good to be true at times almost to t ...more
Athira
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, awesome-saga
Holy Fucking Shitttt!!! I love this book! All of it ! Every single word!! I devoured it!

I don't know what to say. I don't think I have anything to say that's going to make sense. Just like Brody.

Kissing my roommate? Dumb.
Doing it again? Super dumb.
Stopping it from going any further? Dumbest dumb to ever fucking dumb.
So dumb that I’ve got no other word to use than dumb.
Anders makes me not smart.
Clearly.

I love Anders and Brody so much. This book is everything I expected and more. I've been wait
Lyra
This book...bothered me. It's possible that if the issues hadn't poked at me the way they had, I would have been able to enjoy it, but I kept getting bothered.

First off, Anders's therapists were horrible therapists. As human beings, they are certainly going to have their own personal opinions about him and what he does and what he should do. It's going to be really hard to get around that to any degree. But ultimately, Anders gets to make his own decisions and he shouldn't be making those decisi
Leslie
My heart hurt so much for Anders in book one so I was anxious to read his story. This is a darker book than Eden Finley’s other books. It doesn’t shy away from issues like PTSD and anxiety. That being said, it still had plenty of steam and heat! Anders and Brody were made for each other.
Jill
Shelves: 4-star-reads, m-m
4 Stars!
Samantha Tucker
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
So if you have a hard time putting books down you may not want to start this one in the evening... I was up until 4am finishing it. I was immediately drawn to this book because I just loved the first book Unwritten Law but once I got into the story I was hooked! This book is quite a bit angsty but in a good way. I really really appreciate the care and effort put in to represent and help readers understand how Anders' trauma affected his life. This book changed the way I view my own anxiety and t ...more
Jenn
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a good while to read this, and perhaps I’m still not in a mental place where I want to read about these topics. That’s not to say it’s dark, in fact, I think expected darker. However, when you have something traumatizing going on in your real life, you may not want to read a book riddled with anxiety.

I’m not sure what I feel about Brody and Anders. I’m usually all for sex in my books, and physical intimacy is such a huge issue with Anders that I feel you’d have to have scenes to addr
iam
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, unlimited
I liked some parts of it, and especially the portayal of Anders' PTSD and anxiety disorder was great. I had my issues with Brody, though... the way he found Anders' skittishness (aka the way his trauma shows) "awkward but sexy" and saw his continued rebuffals as a challenge was... uncomfortable and slightly creepy. He does acknowledge that he was in the wrong there at least, but still meh.

Content warnings (which can also be found at the beginning of the book) include: anxiety disorder
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I found this one a bit of a stressful read. Definitely my issues, not the authors writing.
David
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Received an ARC for an honest and objective review*

Wow, I'm actually speechless and glad that it's the weekend, since I've read Anderson's and Brody's story in one setting. I just couldn't put it down.
This book was unexpected. I need to be honest: I loved the first book, but I didn't quite connect with Anderson until now, after having finished his story.
And what a story this has been. Without getting into too much detail: The author manages to slowly build up a relationship between the two MCs
Shelly
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Heart. I think I might love Anders and Brody the most of all Ms. Finley's perfectly-imperfect characters.

Unspoken Vow wasn't light, but it wasn't the type of angst that made me depressed for days, either. It was an honest look at how devastating abuse and trauma can be and I thought it was done with great care. Anders' story also shows how mental health can't be 'fixed' overnight and how a strong support network is vital in healing. Anders' journey was tragic, raw, heartbreaking, beauti
Megan
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much more angsty than the authors other books! I totally loved it. Anders is such an interesting MC and you can tell that the subject matter is something near and dear to the authors heart because the subject is handled In a realistic way. There is no magic cure for Anders (though he wishes for one) and he and Brody have to struggle through. Brody is patient and lovely and everything Anders needs. This story is a angsty hurt/comfort with a HEA.
Beth
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that this is not a typical, lighthearted Eden Finley book. It’s not dark and dismal however readers should know that it’s not the usual fare. Additionally if anyone has triggers related to anxiety, mental illness or domestic abuse you should probably give this book a pass.

I’ll begin the review with appreciation for the author’s note in the beginning. Too often authors gloss over points like this and that has the potential to really take away from a reader’s enjoyment of th
Charli (charlithebookprincess)
I have loved every single one of Eden’s books because they are so heartwarming. They are always full of hope and finding that person in your life who makes you feel safe. Unspoken Vow had a slightly more emotional edge to it than her other books and this story definitely called for it. We met both Anders and Brody in the first Steele Brother book, Unwritten Law, but you didn’t need to read that one in order to get immersed in Anders’ and Brody’s story.

Anders is still crippled by a past that caus
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

A story of hope, growth, and progress.

Wow, what a story! I feel this is a story of hope for those of us who suffer from anxiety, PTSD, and/or depression. Anders’ story is so raw and his condition so real. Eden has written such a real story, it’ll break your heart, give you hope and help you heal.

Anders’ is a DV survivor with GAD, PTSD, and other things and his story might be confronting at times. I really enjoyed the truthful progress of Anders’ conditions and
Vic - Lost in Fiction
Unspoken Vow: 5 Stars

|♥♥♥♥♥|

+ Anders means so fucking much to me
+ Important Topics
+ seeing Law and Reed again
+ Protectiveness
+ sex positive
+ CONSENT
+ love the inclusion of the Therapy sessions
+ honestly... basically everything
+ I am not kidding I adored this so much

- (nope. there aren't any negative parts... I guess I would have liked
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

Steele Brothers (2 books)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
“Hey, no, wait …” The rumble of her purr vibrates against me, and it melts my cold, dead heart.” 0 likes
“and stares at me in the way only a cat could. It’s as if she’s saying, “I know what you’re about to do, and hey, I’m not really into kink shaming, but you should be ashamed.” 0 likes