Start by marking “Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2)” as Want to Read:
Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers #2)

Unspoken Vow

(Steele Brothers #2)

𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢.

There’s a long list of things I don’t handle well:
Change.
Relationships.
Breakups.

But there’s one person above everything else I can’t seem to get a handle on.
𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦.

In short, he’s perfect. The reality, he scares me.He’s the opposite of what I usually go for. He’s bigger. Intimidating. He reminds me of someone I’d rather
Published July 9th 2019

☆ Todd
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

Gah! With everything that Anders had gone through in the past, this book was completely heartbreaking, but still remained mostly full of hope.

My friends already know that stories centered around mental health issues are faaaaar from my favorite trope.

They tend to be emotionally draining, especially when an MC's issues force a sudden, often long separation, leaving the other MC completely gutted in the process. And that's about the furthest thing from a fun read, IMHO.

But in this story, althoug
Cadiva
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm wordless. This book has essentially left me speechless with just how much justice was done to such a difficult subject.

It can't be read alone, imho. You need to have read Law's story first to have a full understanding of how Anders' life has been one of simply existing for the last five years.

There are trigger warnings, they need paying attention to. Eden Finley deals with some of the harshest forms of mental trauma in this book with a sensitivity that is second to none.

I'm not going to men
Wendy

Books that center around Mental Health are always a bit of a hit and miss for me. This is because I myself suffer from multiple issues, and so I am not always up to reading about it. Sometimes I just like to pretend I am an ostrich...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ostrich gif head in sand

Other times I don't mind reading about it because it makes me feel less alone...if you get what I'm saying.

Anyways...I usually try not to let my mood affect my rating because me being in a bad place has nothing to do with the book or the story ;)

In this in

Rach
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The two MC's in this book are Anders and Brody which we met in the first book. Anders is Law's twin brother and they are both really close. Brody is Reade's friend from his childhood.

We found out a little of what happened to Anders in the first book.

Anders is looking for a place to live as Law has moved in with Reade. He finds it very hard to trust anyone because of the trauma he has gone through in his past. Brody offers a place to stay and there relationship begins from there.

I love how Brod
Snjez
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
There are a lot of angsty, hurt/comfort stories that I really enjoyed, but for some reason I couldn't connect emotionally with this one. I liked some parts of the story but as a whole, not as much as I expected.

I found Anders very intriguing in the first book and I really liked him as a character in this one. His story was very touching. Brody was also a lovely character and perfect for Anders, if not too perfect.

However, I feel that right from the start of their relationship, the emphasis was
Nat
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m not even sure my review can do justice to this story. If you read book one, which I strongly suggest that you do, you already know much of what happened to Anders. This is not the heaviest story with PTSD as a central theme that I’ve read. I did get teary when Anders saw himself as never having the life or partner he once thought he’d have. There were many lighter moments of banter and humor and Lucky/Meatball the cat was actually my favorite character. Brody was the kind of guy you wanted t ...more
Athira
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, awesome-saga
Holy Fucking Shitttt!!! I love this book! All of it ! Every single word!! I devoured it!

I don't know what to say. I don't think I have anything to say that's going to make sense. Just like Brody.

Kissing my roommate? Dumb.
Doing it again? Super dumb.
Stopping it from going any further? Dumbest dumb to ever fucking dumb.
So dumb that I’ve got no other word to use than dumb.
Anders makes me not smart.
Clearly.

I love Anders and Brody so much. This book is everything I expected and more. I've been wait
Samantha Tucker
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
So if you have a hard time putting books down you may not want to start this one in the evening... I was up until 4am finishing it. I was immediately drawn to this book because I just loved the first book Unwritten Law but once I got into the story I was hooked! This book is quite a bit angsty but in a good way. I really really appreciate the care and effort put in to represent and help readers understand how Anders' trauma affected his life. This book changed the way I view my own anxiety and t ...more
haletostilinski
This was definitely Eden Finley's angstiest MM book to date. Does that mean it was super duper angsty or even that dark? Nah, I wouldn't say that. It dealt with heavy shit but it didn't go down a dark path like it could have.

At times, yeah, I found Anders' behavior a little frustrating, but ultimately it was very understandable so I was able to get past it. And real shit like trauma and anxiety and PTSD, all that is all hard shit to deal with and not instantly curable so I knew Anders wasn't ju
David
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Received an ARC for an honest and objective review*

Wow, I'm actually speechless and glad that it's the weekend, since I've read Anderson's and Brody's story in one setting. I just couldn't put it down.
This book was unexpected. I need to be honest: I loved the first book, but I didn't quite connect with Anderson until now, after having finished his story.
And what a story this has been. Without getting into too much detail: The author manages to slowly build up a relationship between the two MCs
Shelly
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Heart. I think I might love Anders and Brody the most of all Ms. Finley's perfectly-imperfect characters.

Unspoken Vow wasn't light, but it wasn't the type of angst that made me depressed for days, either. It was an honest look at how devastating abuse and trauma can be and I thought it was done with great care. Anders' story also shows how mental health can't be 'fixed' overnight and how a strong support network is vital in healing. Anders' journey was tragic, raw, heartbreaking, beauti
Megan
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so much more angsty than the authors other books! I totally loved it. Anders is such an interesting MC and you can tell that the subject matter is something near and dear to the authors heart because the subject is handled In a realistic way. There is no magic cure for Anders (though he wishes for one) and he and Brody have to struggle through. Brody is patient and lovely and everything Anders needs. This story is a angsty hurt/comfort with a HEA.
Beth
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that this is not a typical, lighthearted Eden Finley book. It’s not dark and dismal however readers should know that it’s not the usual fare. Additionally if anyone has triggers related to anxiety, mental illness or domestic abuse you should probably give this book a pass.

I’ll begin the review with appreciation for the author’s note in the beginning. Too often authors gloss over points like this and that has the potential to really take away from a reader’s enjoyment of th
Vic - Lost in Fiction
Unspoken Vow: 5 Stars

|♥♥♥♥♥|

+ Anders means so fucking much to me
+ Important Topics
+ seeing Law and Reed again
+ Protectiveness
+ sex positive
+ CONSENT
+ love the inclusion of the Therapy sessions
+ honestly... basically everything
+ I am not kidding I adored this so much

- (nope. there aren't any negative parts... I guess I would have liked
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
First off I just want to say if you haven’t read Unwritten Law I think you should. You don’t have to but it gives you more of Anders. Now this story is going to make you cry. At least it did for me. Eden Finley has written a story that’s a little hard to read at time but it has a lot of truth to it.

I do not want to give anything away but Anders just broke my heart. I just wanted to jump into the book and hug the hell out of him. I was cheering so hard for him. Everything that happened to him sh
K.R. Phoenix
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 4.5 stars
🔥🔥🔥 Heat Level: 3.5

A story of hope, growth, and progress.

Wow, what a story! I feel this is a story of hope for those of us who suffer from anxiety, PTSD, and/or depression. Anders’ story is so raw and his condition so real. Eden has written such a real story, it’ll break your heart, give you hope and help you heal.

Anders’ is a DV survivor with GAD, PTSD, and other things and his story might be confronting at times. I really enjoyed the truthful progress of Anders’ conditions and
Esther
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was even better than the first one, which I really liked. It is really well written, has a lot of angst (trauma), wonderful characters and also humor here and there.
The ‘Dear Reader’ at the end brought tears to my eyes because the writer suffers from anxiety herself. That must not have been an easy feat to write for her. But that’s also the reason it was so well written, I think.
Emily  Muddle
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book destroyed me in the best way. I was so emotionally wrecked over Anders and the struggles that he faces daily with his anxiety and PTSD that it was hard to read at times. However, in no way was this a depressing or sad book. Rather, it was the exact opposite, filled with hope and a tremendous amount of understanding and support from the people in Anders' life. The other MC, Brody, is perhaps my favourite character from the world of the Steele brothers. Despite being the type of guy Ande ...more
Leslie
My heart hurt so much for Anders in book one so I was anxious to read his story. This is a darker book than Eden Finley’s other books. It doesn’t shy away from issues like PTSD and anxiety. That being said, it still had plenty of steam and heat! Anders and Brody were made for each other.
Jennifer Reilley
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was just sooooo good. Wow. I just wanted to wrap Anders up in my arms and hug him forever. And don’t get me started on Brody. Man that man is a dream, a patient Angel.

We know about Anders past from book 1 but to see how he is dealing with the PTSD and anxiety is heartbreaking. He just wants to be able to figure out to have normal relationships with his brother and friends and not be so dependent.

Along comes the patient Angel Brody. I know that’s a huge title to give someone but he wa
R
ashley Miller
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and I really loved the first book but pretty sure this is my favorite out of the two! I didnt expect to love Anders character so much but this book gives me a whole new outlook on the kind of person he really is and the battle he is constantly fighting in his head on a daily basis. Anders suffers from PTSD due to almost being killed by someone he loved and trusted and it makes it hard for him to get close to people and it also makes him only goes after one ...more
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I am struggling to write this review as the words I put down can simply not express the excellence and appreciation that I feel for this book. Eden Finley took on huge obstacles writing about PTSD and anxiety as well as domestic abuse and the failures of the judicial system. She not only did it while introducing strong and lovable characters but she also did it with honestly and understanding. Nothing could be added to this book that would make it any better. A complete masterpiece from the open ...more
Ysera
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this book as an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

"We can't forget it because if we did that, we wouldn't be able to learn from it. This isn't a permanent step back. It's one lesson in about a million we'll learn together."
"Together..." I croak.
A warm hand lands on my cheek. "You're adorable if you think I'm letting you go. Do you forget how persistent I can be?"
"There's persistent, and then there's stupid. I'm still trying to figure out which one you are."
"I'm stupidly persistent
Chelsey Nixon
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this second book in the Steele Brothers. It’s much heavier than any other Eden book that I’ve read, but I think it was done so well. It was..., not wonderful? But wonderful, to see a character go through growth after trauma and have it be realistic. Anders works through his trauma while also navigating his first serious relationship in years, and watching him struggle and flail and take steps back was so refreshing, and also really endeared him to me. And while the book was heav ...more
Moriah
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book!!!

I loved Anders! I read about him a bit with his brother in Unwritten Law and I wanted to know more! He's been hurt so badly and he's terrified of so many things. Brody is such a great guy and together...swoon!!! I loved this book so much! So many emotions! Loved these characters and didn't want it to end!
Jenn
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a good while to read this, and perhaps I’m still not in a mental place where I want to read about these topics. That’s not to say it’s dark, in fact, I think expected darker. However, when you have something traumatizing going on in your real life, you may not want to read a book riddled with anxiety.

I’m not sure what I feel about Brody and Anders. I’m usually all for sex in my books, and physical intimacy is such a huge issue with Anders that I feel you’d have to have scenes to addr
Kelly
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An emotional, engaging, amazing read, a favorite for the year

I’ve been looking forward to getting Anders’ book pretty much since meeting him in Unwritten Law, book 1 of the series. I’m a sucker for seeing damaged characters overcome their pasts and get their hea, and I also related to Anders on so many different levels it was almost uncomfortable: attracted to hot guys, check; anxiety issues, check; meds suck, check; pro level procrastinator, double check...well, you get the idea.

There are some
Becca
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ok so if you've read book one, you know a lot about Anders and Law and their pasts. If you haven't read book one, you need to. These need to be in order. Also, in reading book one, you know there are major triggers. Well, you get them full force in this book. Because half of this book is from Anders perspective. His fears, anxiety panic attacks. Everything. And it's not always pretty. So, if book one triggered you in any way, be careful with this one.
Of course, reading book one, I kind of knew w
Susan
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, series, hurt-comfort
What happened to me with this book was the complete opposite of the first one. I expected to hate the first book and ended up liking it, and I expected to love this book but I ended up being too frustrated with the drama to fully like it.

This book is all about Anders. Anders was attacked and almost killed by his ex-boyfriend 5 years ago. Now he has PTSD and severe anxiety. He only dates smaller younger guys, but still avoid conflicts at all cost. So he still gets Law to break up with his flings
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She doesn’t take anything too seriously and lives to create an escape from real life for her readers. The ideas always begin with a wackadoodle premise, and she does her best to turn them into romances with heart.

With a short attention span that rivals her five-year-o

Steele Brothers (2 books)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
“Hey, no, wait …” The rumble of her purr vibrates against me, and it melts my cold, dead heart.” 0 likes
“and stares at me in the way only a cat could. It’s as if she’s saying, “I know what you’re about to do, and hey, I’m not really into kink shaming, but you should be ashamed.” 0 likes