Start by marking “Girl Gone Viral” as Want to Read:
Girl Gone Viral

Girl Gone Viral

(Modern Love #2)

In Alisha Rai’s second novel in her Modern Love series, a live-tweet event goes viral for a camera-shy ex-model, shoving her into the spotlight—and into the arms of the bodyguard she’d been pining for.

OMG! Wouldn’t it be adorable if he’s her soulmate???

I don’t see any wedding rings

Breaking: #CafeBae and #CuteCafeGirl went to the bathroom
Expected publication: April 21st 2020 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Girl Gone Viral, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl Gone Viral

Start your review of Girl Gone Viral
jess ✨
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
First I have to be completely honest and admit part of me was sure I wouldn't like this. I dnf'ed the first book in the series, The Right Swipe a few months ago but I made the decision to give this author another try. While I couldn't finish it, was an issue with characters and the relationship building more than anything else, the writing was really nice and I loved the diversity.

So, when I saw the arc of Girl Gone Viral available to request, I decided to go ahead and request and thoug
Anna Banana
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book is much different than the first in the standalone series in a lot of ways...and yet, I still enjoyed it!

Girl Gone Viral is much, much tamer and slow burn than I expected especially since the two characters have been in love with each other for years. They are two of the sweetest and softest characters, I really enjoyed being in their heads and getting to know each of them. I thought it was so interesting and cool getting to know Jas's family and the whole dynamic between them all was really
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖amante de los spoilers✖
I was really looking forward to read this book and it was one of my most anticipated reads of 2020. Unfortunately for me I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I think that if my expectations were lower I would have liked it more.

Alisha is one of my favourite authors and from her previous books I'm used to her style being more angsty and emotional and this book like "The Right Swipe" was more light and it was a romantic comedy.

There's nothing wrong with that, I k
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
Gimme more Alisha Rai books, please!

Thank you HarperCollins and Avon for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
shre ♡
Aug 24, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ok this is the second book i've seen so far related to twitter-romance,,,pls keep them coming.
Sana
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as to-read-so-bad-it-hurts  ·  review of another edition
*flashbacks to reading live-tweets about a meet cute once* YES TO THIS
Kaetrin
Reviewing for Dear Author.
abire
AAAAAAA KATRINA'S BOOK YESSSS!!!! I KNEW IT
Victoria
I was very excited to receive an ARC of this title, as Alisha Rai's books are always a delight. This one was no different and helped me get out of a reading slump in the very best ways.

I really enjoyed the two main characters. I already loved Katrina from The Right Swipe and was already interested in learning more about her. Jasminder I knew less about but he turned out to be incredibly fascinating as well. Together they were a very compelling couple and I really enjoyed getting to e
Katrina's story--good treatment of PTSD and anxiety.
VL
!!!!
Katie
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai--book one in the Modern Love series--earlier this year. It was a surprisingly refreshing romance novel about a dating app developer who discovers that her rival, a fellow app developer, is also the man who ghosted her a while back. The unique writing style paired with the modern twist and the fresh voice of diversity (something that Rai has made a name for herself with) made for an entertaining read. So, when Girl Gone Viral became available for pre-release r ...more
Christy
The characters in Girl Gone Viral have a lot of emotional and family baggage to unpack.

Katrina is living a quiet, secluded life where her privacy is vital to her peace of mind. She suffers from panic attacks that were made worse by a controlling father and a previous kidnapping attempt. Her late husband and her prior modeling career has left her wealthy, so she has the means to maintain her life on her own terms through therapy and supportive friends.

Jasvinder, her late husband’s bodyguard sta
Erin Boyington
The Right Swipe lead me to unfair expectations of the next Modern Love title. Girl Gone Viral is a very different kind of book, in terms of pacing, structure, and characters. The plot is straight from the news. Anyone remember #PrettyPlaneGirl (aka Plane Bae)?

For a setup with explosive drama potential, this is a surprisingly low-key romance that focuses on two gentle characters who both struggle with PTSD. Katrina's wealth largely insulates her from the social media storm, and a significant Ja
Erin
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For several reasons, Katrina King is trying to keep a low profile in life. So when a stranger live tweets photos of what appears to be a meet-cute between her and a man who asks to share her table at a crowded coffee shop, the internet is suddenly obsessed with #cafebae and trying to figure out who she is.

Katrina’s longtime bodyguard, Jas, offers his family’s remote farm as a place to hide out for a few days. He can totally handle being alone with Katrina. He definitely doesn’t think about her
April
Nov 04, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one wasn’t as steamy as the first one. I did enjoy the book and the relationships in it. I liked Katrina and Jas as characters. I picked up The Right Swipe and then this one to help fill a hole left by my love for Red, White and Royal Blue. I wanted to read more adult romance, but covers with the swooning people do not really appeal to me. I love the covers of both books and think they appeal more to a younger readership (early twenties) and I was happy with both of them. It was a great rea ...more
Veronica
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC via Netgalley. An absolute delight from start to finish. Rai knows her way around romance tropes, some of which she plays relatively straight (can we say "oh my god, he was her bodyguard"?) and others she inverts in interesting ways (the meet-cute in a cafe that sparks the central plot is with an unrelated third party). I really enjoy the complex family tensions surrounding Jas (and his untreated, undisclosed PTSD), and Katrina's girl squad is perfection. (You don't have to have read The Rig ...more
Courtney ~ bookishcourtney
Filled with adorableness, great characters, and strong friendships. The representation of mental health is wonderful, and I seriously love Jas' family.

Girl Gone Viral also covers and important issue - privacy in the digital age. It doesn't go extremely in depth and bore you, Rai gives readers just enough to inform the situation.

Jas and Katrina aren't your average over simplified characters. They have problems and faults, hilarious friends, and families that aren't always the best (b
Alli
Nov 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
Advanced copy provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this. The bodyguard romance doesn't tend to be my absolute favorite and this didn't shatter those expectations or anything but it was still a good read. I really enjoyed the author's first book in this series and I will definitely pick up any more that follow.
Crystal
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is so special, so beautiful, and so important. There’s love and friendship and of course romance. But, there’s also anxiety and PTSD and it’s explained and shown is such a raw and honest way. I couldn’t love this book more! Jas and Katrina are just awesome.
Lynne
Nov 11, 2019
Steph Milliken
Oct 31, 2019

• The Worst Best Man
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • To Have and to Hoax
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Work for It
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • A Prince on Paper (Reluctant Royals, #3)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Our Stop
  • Her Wicked Libertine

Modern Love (2 books)
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)