Start by marking “Underneath the Sycamore Tree” as Want to Read:
Underneath the Sycamore Tree

Underneath the Sycamore Tree

It happened in stages.
My father left.
My twin sister died of an incurable autoimmune disease.
My mother started breaking down.
Then I was diagnosed with the very thing that took my other half from me.
That was when I realized Mama’s eyes turned gold when she cried.
So I moved in with my father and his new family—new wife, new son, new stepbrother.
Kaiden Monroe made me feel
Published November 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Underneath the Sycamore Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Underneath the Sycamore Tree

Start your review of Underneath the Sycamore Tree
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
UNDERNEATH-THE-SYCAMORE-TREE

'UNDERNEATH THE SYCAMORE TREE' Is a full length, New Adult novel by B. Celeste. This is Emery and Kaiden's story. It's not an easy story to read, but it's a story that has to be read. Spoken in Emery's POV mostly but we do get Kaiden's POV at the end.

This book right here was totally unexpected, the ‘Prologue’ had me even at that early stage craving more, I wanted to stay in that moment, I wanted to read ‘the before’ the end of Lo.
I wanted those emotional feels to grab me by the throat, to
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20191031_170820.png

B celeste gave us heartbreak in this story. She gave us strength, purpose, clarity and a deep understanding of the term love. Never one to sugar coat anything, this author gave us a reality that we felt with her simple but powerful words and the characters that were portrayed, did the story justice.

"I find that the books with the saddest endings are the best because it makes us feel. We don't always get a happily ever after no matter how hard we work for it."

Usually I would give a little bit
Miftahul
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I find that the books with the saddest endings are the best because it makes us feel. We don’t always get a happily ever after no matter how hard we work for it.”

title- underneath the sycamore tree
Author - b. Celeste
Publish- 1 november 2019
Genre- highschool romance
Amazon- Underneath the Sycamore Tree https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W7WG1H9/...

standalone novel by B. Celeste Emery is a highschooler, suffering from the disease which her twin sister died from. Her mom is still grieving and her
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: November 1, 2019
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

Emotional Romance | New Adult | Coming of Age | Ugly Cry

Here we have another UGLY CRY romance that will not only break your heart but it will touch it too. B. Celeste has written quite the story here and while the premise overall is a sad one, it's also one that needs to be told. We cannot always have perfect heroines who life easy lives as it's not realistic in the real world. It's nice to see that people with illnesses and even
Jessica Roessler
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Man. Author B.Celeste is 100% made for the writing world.
She has woven together one of the most unique, inspiring, and real world look's into the world of invisible illness. &Let me tell you, she doesn't spare a detail. I finished this book with so many emotions. It was just overwhelming in such a bitter sweet way. But, I honestly think that sweet is the description that stands out the most to me.

Emery, our main female character, has been living with an invisible illness for a rather long
Emily (Emily Reads)
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭.”

This book. My god , this book...my heart is in shattered pieces on the floor right now. This story is heartbreaking, it’s beautiful, and it’s raw and full of deep emotion that will grip your heart and not let go. I cried a lot during this book, and I don’t mean a light tear here and there...I mean hard sobs that were hard to control.

Every emotion, every pain, just every single thing in this book, I felt through the
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
“Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It just means that it can no longer control our lives."

Days. It’s been days since I’ve finished Underneath the Sycamore Tree and I still find myself tearing up whenever I think about it. In fact, I’m tearing up AGAIN while I try to write this review.

This is a book that will wreck you to the core. It gives you a glimpse into the life of someone that lives with an invisible disease. It’ll make you think and feel. You’ll feel every painful,
Ashlee L
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 golden as the sun stars to B. Celeste on her upcoming release UTST

This is one of those stories that make you appreciate every little thing you have. It humbles you, makes you grateful for the things that are in your reach. Em and Kaiden’s story had so much purpose. You see the good, bad, and ugly between them.. yet you witness the seed, growth, and bloom between the two. It had me in awe. The book itself was so very well written and it’s consuming content has you mesmerized. Sad hearts,
Micalea Smeltzer
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An unforgettable and phenomenal story that deals with the harsh truth and reality of invisible diseases. B. Celeste's writing is impeccable and Underneath the Sycamore Tree is the kind of book that stands the test of time.
Whoo Gives A Hoot
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

B. Celeste has beautifully written an unforgettable and breathtakingly captivating story that wholeheartedly obliterated every inch of my soul. Underneath the Sycamore Tree was an emotionally painful and heart-wrenching journey that will have you reaching for the nearest box of tissues (let's just say you better keep one super close by) as you inhale this story that will surely leave you a blubbering mess full of feels.

Emery's journey is definitely
Deven Dickens
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't even explain in words how beautifully written this book is. Its real its raw and its absolutely amazing. My favorite read of 2019. B Celeste has out done herself with this book. It will open your eyes to the world of people who suffer with invisible illnesses. All I can say is thank you. I needed this book.
C.L. Matthews
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There aren't words to articulate my thoughts right now.
I'm numb.

Goodnight.

EDIT:

It's taken me a hot minute to gather my words and thoughts for this book.

Now that I have them, it feels almost final.

UTST is unique, tragic, and captivating in its torment. It fills us all with angst, turmoil, and heartache page by page.

B. Celeste did an extraordinary job with Em and Kaid's story. She laid it all out fileting these two and their love.

You watch in both happiness and sadness as these two fall in love
Kari Davis
Time is a luxury we can't all afford

Have you ever read a book that just captures your heart and soul. Underneath the Sycamore Tree will rip you to shreds and yet its hauntingly beautiful. If I could give this a million stars I would!!!

This is going into my top 2019 reads and will probably be going into my favorite reads of all time. I connected with the characters. I felt their strength, their lows and to know that this is based off truths just makes this book even more spectacular. B. Celeste
Michelle
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Disease is the monster in the dark. It lingers, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. It veers its ugly head and takes what it wants, when it wants.

This book was sad! I was constantly fighting the tears! Emery had to watch her twin sister die of Lupus. It took a toll on her family. Her mother never really got over her death. So when Em became sick with the same disease she totally checked out. The dad left before his daughter was even put in the ground.
Em had to deal with so much at a
Jen Zingaro
Just give this all the stars.
This book might have ruined me for all others.
I closed the story with a tattered heart.
I won't lie. I was very emotional.
But the story is so important. It was so refreshing to see a story where serious health issues are talked about and we watch a teenager navigate life and love while dealing with it.
Emery was really isolated until she goes to stay with her dad and meets Kaiden, her stepbrother. She is such a brave girl that has such a unique way of looking at
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Underneath the Sycamore Tree by B. Celeste is the story of Kaiden and Emery.
Emery's parents are no longer together her father has moved on to a new wife and step son. Emery's mother isn't getting past the lost of her sister and now it appears that what took her sister is what she has too. So Emery has moved in with her Father and his new family. There she meets her Step-Brother Kaiden . Kaiden being a few years older has the attitude to go with it. But time starts to lessen his attitude and the
Kimberly Garner
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy...just, this story. Not gonna lie when I read the synopsis, I KNEW is was going to gut me. I was totally right. This book left me in tears, and made me realize to appreciate the little things. This was just so beautifully written, and I wish I could find the right words to express what a fantastic book this is. THis will be a book people will be talking about for years to come.
Shaley- Pretty Little Book Blog
I am sitting here after finishing this story and I am not okay. I am so gutted and extremely emotional after finishing Emery’s story.

UTST really hot deep with me. My mom suffers from the same disease as Emery and Barbara. My moms case isn’t as severe as theirs but there are still days when she can’t get out of bed or days when she is in so much pain, she can’t move. Being able to see the other side of the disease just ripped a whole in my heart and poured salt in my wound.

Barbara did such an
Xanthi patera
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Konny
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Underneath the Sycamore Tree is a full length, standalone, na novel by B. Celeste. Underneath the Sycamore Tree is the first book I read by this author and oh boy, I'm so glad I gave it a try. This book is everything I love in a great read.
Underneath the Sycamore Tree tells Emery and Kaiden's story. A heart wrenching, gutting story that put me through a roller coaster of emotions. This book is unputdownable, believe me.
It's told in a mostly single pov.
Underneath the Sycamore Tree is one of these
BookSmacked
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
B Celeste comes at you with a utterly heartbreaking read but one that shows love unconditionally.

This book will definitely have your heart aching and you even wanting to cherish those around you even more. A young man and a young woman having to help one another through their darkest times.

You'll fall in love with the hero and heroine in this book.
Heather Confessions Of A Bibliophile Creighton
Confessions 6 Stars

Welp… she’s done it again. B. Celeste warned that it would be her most emotional book yet… she wasn’t lying ya’ll. Underneath The Sycamore Tree is yet again another emotional, heartbreaking novel and my heart is officially broken. This book… GAHHH! I haven’t cried this much since the LAST B. Celeste novel I read, The Truth about Heartbreak, but still, I just could NOT put it down. If you haven’t already guessed it, Underneath The Sycamore Tree is a tough read, far from rainbows and sunshine, it’
CK
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg. This a heartfelt, raw, emotional book that will haunt you. The sincerity of Kaiden and emery’s journey is real and truly beautiful. The words that are written are both vivid and scary. Yes. It’s the kind of book that rips your heart into shreds. Loved every page of this book.
B. Celeste
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Preorder this emotional, stepbrother, standalone novel for $2.99 instead of release day price of $3.99. It will release into Kindle Unlimited after it's live.

Jenifer Briggs
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book completely obliterated my heart and soul, all the while making me feel so blessed that I was able to read something so spectacular, so heartbreaking, and so deeply personal to the author. This is a book lovers dream, and the journey we are taken on is one that will he remembered long after its release.

In this book we meet Emery, whom like her sister who died nine years ago, is suffering from an autoimmune disease. Every day, a new struggle arises; whether it's feeling so fatigued that
Vickie
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can not describe how nervous I was to start this book. The blurb already had me feeling anxious, then I saw the words ugly cry been bandied around and there is nothing that scares me more than the words ugly cry. That’s usually the point that I put the book down and walk away. That just wasn’t an option with this one. I’ve read other books by this author so I put my heart in her hands, hoping she’d keep it safe and dived in.

I’m staying away from the storyline completely. You need to
Ga Books LoverX
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a reader you have certain expectations when you open a new book. I knew that UtST was going to be emotional, but y'all, I cannot explain all of the emotions that I felt while reading this book. The blurb is absolutely perfect, the cover is beautiful, and the book is an emotional ride that is not only a wonderful and REAL story, but I think it is a must read. For everyone.

There are no guarantees in life, death does not care how loved you are or how popular you are or how powerful you are. It
K.  Ramjohn
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Wishes don’t come true though, because this isn’t some fairytale. It’s reality. And reality is a mean bitch."

Underneath the Sycamore Tree is my first B Celeste novel and what an impressive introduction to a new to me author. This YA novel was captivating and engrossing and will evoke a range of emotions from you. Yes it gut wrenching but it was so well written you will be consumed with these characters long after you've finished reading.
This was a stepbrother romance unlike any other. Emery
Maria Hunt
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been lucky enough to read a book whose words wove magic and burrowed themselves so deeply in your heart that every moment is one you felt soul deep? For me that's exactly what happened when I cracked opened my Kindle and became completely captivated by this breathtaking and truly unforgettable book.

Emery and Kaiden's story wasn't simply a love story because it was so much more than I could have ever anticipated. Their journey wasn't easy, it was real, raw, sincere, emotional and
Stephanie Messier
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew this book was going to pull on my heart strings, but I definitely wasn’t prepared, this story completely obliterated my heart and left me speechless. This story is so raw, so real, for an author to put out a story about chronic illness that is so deeply personal to the author and people around the world.

Emery lost her twin sister Logan (LO) nine years ago. Lo was so strong and courageous though out her struggle with an autoimmune disease. Emery was devastated loosing her sister and best
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Heartless Hero
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Stay With Me (Stay With Me, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Forget Me Not
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay With Me, #2)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Redemption
  • Just Roommates (Blue Beech, #5)
  • Damage
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Love Drunk (Love Me Duet #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
B. Celeste’s obsession with all things forbidden and taboo enabled her to pave a path into a new world of raw, real, emotional romance.

Her debut novel is The Truth about Heartbreak.