Start by marking “Girl on a String: A Psychological Thriller” as Want to Read:
Girl on a String: A Psychological Thriller

Girl on a String: A Psychological Thriller

"Leah Montgomery's delivers a wonderful debut with Girl On A String. It’s addictive and engaging and nearly impossible to put down." Teresa, Readers Live a Thousand Lives

Keeping up with the perfect life isn’t easy, and Emma Kramer Sterling has the perfect life. She has wealth, status, and a husband that's the envy of every woman. Sure, she has to self-medicate occasionall
Kindle Edition
Published July 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Girl on a String, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl on a String

Courtney
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*** NOW LIVE *** (I still bought a copy because the story is truly entertaining and 3 stars are books I would still recommend).

First off, thank you to the author for giving me an advance copy in exchange for my honest review. I am always honored and humbled to review books before they are released.

This a really tough review for me to write. I love this author and have read many of other her books under her other name. I absolutely love her writing style, her character development and the plots s
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Leah Montgomery delivers a wonderful debut with Girl On A String. This is a story of a woman who has had her entire life controlled and what finally happens when she no longer wants to be controlled. It’s addictive and engaging and nearly impossible to put down.

My absolute favorite thing about this book is Emma and how unreliable she is as a narrator. I adore her but as a narrator you can’t trust everything and I love that and I find it so fascinat
Rachael Benefiel
Absolutely loved it! Great twists. Great characters.
Alexa Nichole Demers
When starting a thriller I am always skeptical. I make it my mission to figure out all of the twists before it happens which makes reading thriller books hard for me no matter how much I love them.

I did not have to worry about that with this book. Leah Montgomery’s debut novel is a must read. The twists and turns in this book you won’t see coming. Did I guess pieces? Of course but some of the things I was able to guess was only a tiny part. Which is something different and exciting for me.

“There
Donna ~
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full review to follow
Amazing captivating and twisted tale
***************************************

What a captivating read that had me engaged from the first page all the way through till the end. It’s been a long time since I have read a book that I just couldn’t wait to get back to and this book was on my mind even when I had to step away from it.

Leah Montgomery knocked this debut out of the park by creating a scintillating tale full of twists and turns with a female character that had you pull
Krystal
Shelves: mystery
What a story ! I was on the edge of my seat from the first chapter. Just when I thought I knew what was going on, there was a twist and it completely shocked me. Christopher and Emma are quite a couple and when things hit the fan, it gets intense. I can’t even give a small detail away. The best part was the smile on my face when I finished the story! Amazing writing, as I was totally immersed into the story. It was everything you want in a psychological thriller. Total Must Read!
Lheanne Spicer
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Could not put this book down!!! So many twist and turns that I had to know what was going to happen!! Highly recommend this book and can’t wait for the next book from Leah Montgomery!!
* A review copy was provided by the author *

~ 4 No More Strings Stars ~

STRINGS!!! That is the true basis of this story. Who has them and who’s pulling them??

Leah Montgomery is a new author and Girl On A String is her debut novel. She is off to a promising career when it comes to psychological thriller novels. I found this book to be extremely entertaining and mind twisting.

I can’t really tell you much about the storyline because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone. But if you are a fan of a book
Julie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Living a life that centers around parties and privilege, Emma knows all too well how important appearances are to status distinctions. When an unexpected visitor show up at her door, Emma finds herself doubted by those in her life when there is no evidence that there was ever a stranger in her home. This encounter started a chain of events where Emma’s use of sleep aids and alcohol became the center of focus.

Determined to prove that she isn’t losing her mind, Emma sets out to prove the event ac
H.
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I need to start off my review with a disclaimer that this is not a genre I typically read.

Ok, that said, Girl on a String drew me in from the beginning. I thought I knew for sure how the book was going to go and then I didn't. And then I knew for sure again. And then I didn't. Just when you think you know... you don't.

The characters had depth and were well rounded. Some you loved, some you loved to hate, and some you just hated. And then there were the character twists that had you questioning
Andrea
5 jaw-dropping stars!!!

Wow!! This is the first book from new author Leah Montgomery and my mind is...BLOWN!!
Oh, I love nothing better than a good suspense thriller to get the old heart going, push my vivid imagination into overdrive and have me shouting out loud in shock, this book ticked all of those boxes.

Girl On A String is a fast-paced, tense psychological thriller that’s sure to have you on the edge of your seat in suspense and anticipation, as it did me.

My heart was racing. My palms we
buzy_reading
Shelves: psychological
Bred into a world where appearances and pedigree matter, Emma finds herself bound to a life of obligations. She wants to be free from the strings that bind her.

Overall:
An extreme amount of research was put into this story. Michelle wrote one heck of a story. It’s so good that I never questioned who the author was.
Michelle has shown immense growth over the years. I remember reading the Madly series and thinking those were so good. Yet, Here we are years later having written a psychological thri
Elizabeth Clinton
Girl On A String is a book that will have you thinking one thing and then it totally goes in another direction. This book will have you sitting on the edge of your seat from the very first page. The angst you will feel will have you putting down the kindle for a moment, making you walk away to regroup just to go back to finding out with shock did that really just happen. The story of Emma Kramer will have you questioning your own sanity at times but you can’t help feel for Emma throughout the st ...more
Lulu Dumonceaux
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Psychological suspense books are definitely a favorite of mine and Girl on a String is captivating and filled with mind blown moments! Emma Kramer Sterling has grown up in a life of privilege. Her parents hold the place of highest status and wealth in their social circles and Emma has been blissfully happily married to her husband Christopher for the past 8 years. Emma's life now revolves around throwing "perfectly executed" parties and caring for her husband's needs. So when odd occurrences beg ...more
Lexie Abshire
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The lesson here is don't betray people.
"For people lile my family and those in our cirlce, there are standards to uphold. It's a bubble within a bubble and in places like Seaborne, there is a strict code of conduct."

Emma is seeing things that noone else sees (people, things etc.) Something happens that pushes the family to intervene and Emma goes on "a luxury vacation" ..Maybe not everything is an illusion? Or maybe we are all just crazy? Am i crazy? I feel a bit crazy.. This book brings you th
Jillian
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What would you do for love, commitment, power, money, or just the thrills? The kind of thrills that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up? The uncontrollable palm sweating, heart racing thrill.

What would you do for sanity? What keeps you sane? Does the mind play cool tricks or is it the painstaking harsh truth of reality?

Think you have it all figured out? Then let me introduce you to the affluent world of Emma Kramer. Dive into her parallel universe full of glamorous lifestyles, para
Michell Hall casper
This was a great debut read by Leah Montgomery. One I had trouble putting down.

Girl on a String will have you on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the very end. You're not sure who's pulling the strings throughout this entire story. Just when you think you have it figured out Montgomery throws another curve ball at you and adds another Puppet Master in the mix.

This book will have you wondering who to trust and who not to trust.

I can't wait to see what comes next from Leah Montgomery
Lauren R.
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debut Author Leah Montgomery Girl on a String is an intensely gripping non stop page turner thriller that you will leave you floored!

Such an electrifying book of who can you trust, love and believe in what your heart truly wants it to believe in.

Full of soo many deceptions, twists and surprises that you will never expect the outcome!

Everything I ♥ in a suspenseful thriller and more!

5🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 popped!
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Shelves: 2019-reads
What an amazing ride. I was hooked by the end of chapter one.
You will have twists and unexpected turns that you won't see coming.
LM has a brilliant mind that takes you a crazy ride.

Emma sees and experiences that put her in the spotlight as being troubled and borderline crazy. Not everything is as it seems. Get ready for twists and turns that will leave your jaw dropping.

Emma comes from money and she wants for nothing. But the love of her husband means everything to her. When things start to go
Stacey
EEEEKKKKK. I couldn't put this down. In the beginning I thought I had the whole thing figured out, but boy was I wrong. The twist and turns just blew my mind. The character development was also pretty fantastic and I was really impressed with the ending. I would highly recommend this thriller.

Thank you to the author for this ARC in exchange for an honest review. Expected Publication Date is July 10, 2019.
Becky
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Great book! Sometimes, the perfect life is not so perfect.... I thought I knew where it was going and bam! It went a different way. I thought I figured it out again and it twisted again. So if you're looking for a boring read, a story that follows the obvious path, this is NOT for you. But, if you're looking for a highly intriguing book that will keep you guessing until the end, you MUST read this!
Jaime Moss
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC received from author. Now LIVE!!!

Wow! This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Emma is the “perfect” wife whose life is nothing as it seems. The author wove a brilliant tale that allowed some pieces to click together for me as a reader. But she managed to still surprise me with the ending. Suspense books are not the typical ones I pick up but I’m so glad I read this one!
We Review Books
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t even know what to say about this book. The twists, the turns....it all unfolds with your heart in your throat until the last page! Leah Montgomery draws you in from page 1 and weaves an intricate story around you that keeps you completely enthralled with these characters. This debut novel is everything you love in a psychological thriller - well done!
Melanie Cesa
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story definitely keeps you on your toes. What a great plot. I love the way the story is written. Seeing things from all sides. Watching everything develop and come together. I couldn’t wait to get to the bottom of everything. The characters are great, and the story is compelling and keeps you very intrigued. And those twists! They just keep coming. Fantastic!
Terri
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh this was SOOOO GOOD! You hear people say they couldn’t put a particular book down but I literally couldn’t. I needed to know what happened next. There were so many twists that it really kept me guessing until the end. Great Book!❤ ...more
Jazmine Lebron
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girl on a string is a mindblowing debut from Leah Montgomery. I usually don't read psychological thriller genre but this book had me on the edge of my seat. The plot twist and angst will have you not wanting to put this book down. This book was definitely worth the read.
Sarah Cook
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy shitballs!!!!! That’s the only coherent thought I could come up after reading this book.

My review will not do this book justice, it was that amazing!! I completely loved it. Captured my attention from the start to the very end.

Don’t hesitate, get this book and read read read!!!
Elizabeth Ayala
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! Definitely had me thinking one thing but then it turned out a completely different way. I couldn’t put this book down even to sleep.
Kathryn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOOOOVED IT!!! OMG!!! Girl on a String leaves you in shock at the wicked twists and turns in this page turning, suspenseful thriller!
I true MUST READ!!
Bonnie Schuster
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Psychological Thriller! Loved it! Worth the read! Keeps you guessing till the end!
I love a good mystery, don't you?  I've always loved reading them and watching them, trying to figure them out.  Now I love crafting them.  It's a mind-blowing blessing to be able to do the work that I truly love every day of the week, every week of the year.  I'm living proof that dreams DO come true.  Here's to chasing them!