Start by marking “He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)” as Want to Read:
He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)

He Will Find You

(Maddie Ives #3)

MEET DETECTIVE MADDIE IVES IN THIS NEW SERIES THAT WILL HAVE YOU GRIPPED FROM THE EXPLOSIVE START TO ONE OF THE MOST SHOCKING TWISTS THIS YEAR.

Early Sunday morning, a rainy city centre. A ten-year-old-boy steps out in front of traffic. He is dazed, confused and barefoot. He is covered in blood. It’s not his.

Detective Maddie Ives is called out and finds the boy backed up
Published July 19th 2019 by Joffe Books crime, thriller and mystery

To ask other readers questions about He Will Find You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He Will Find You

Start your review of He Will Find You (Maddie Ives, #3)
Louise Wilson
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Early one Sunday morning, a ten year old boy walks out in front of traffic. He is dazed, confused and has bare feet. He is covered in blood that's not his own. When Maddie Ives arrives to investigate, the boy can't or won't talk. The boy is scared stiff. Then a man is found brutally murdered. Detectives Maddie Ives and Harry Blaker need to find the answers, quickly.

I love this series. They are well written and gripping storylines. Ives and Blaker have their work cut out trying to solve this
Ceecee
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third in the DS Maddie Ives and DI Harry Blaker series and having read the previous two I enjoyed reading about these two characters again. However, the book can easily be read as a stand-alone. Harry is irascible, gruff but honourable and likeable. He and his daughters are still grieving following the death of Harry’s wife several years previously in a car accident. They have a hard time with coming to terms with the early release of the perpetrator that caused her death and this ...more
Linda Strong
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A young boy walks out into the traffic. He is dazed, barefooted, and covered in blood. Detective Maddie Ives is called and when on scene, the young boy either cannot or will not speak.

A man is found brutally murdered, dragged to his death behind a truck.

There is a cult of sorts behind this murder. There are 'tasks' to be done in order to reach a new plateau, a richness of life, permission to do evil. The task is to take someone's life ... if it isn't done, the newest member will become the task.
Sean Peters
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank You to Net Galley, The Publishers and the Author for an ARC copy for an honest review.

DISCOVER AN ABSOLUTELY GRIPPING RACE-AGAINST-TIME THRILLER FROM BEST-SELLING AUTHOR CHARLIE GALLAGHER.

MEET DETECTIVE MADDIE IVES IN THIS NEW SERIES THAT WILL HAVE YOU GRIPPED FROM THE EXPLOSIVE START TO ONE OF THE MOST SHOCKING TWISTS THIS YEAR, IN NUMBER THREE IN THE SERIES.

Vanessa
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He Will Find You by Charlie Gallagher is the third book in the DS Maddie Ives and DI Harry Blaker series and it was another brilliant book.

This book starts with a young boy walks out into the traffic. He is dazed, barefooted, and covered in blood.
Detective Maddie Ives is called to the scene, the young boy either cannot or will not speak.

Why is he covered in Blood? Its not his!!! Who's blood is it?

Why is he not speaking?? Can he speak?

A man is found brutally murdered, dragged to his death
booklover BEV
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Set in Canterbury Kent, a small boy around ten or eleven barefoot walks out in front of Diane Cummings car. it looks like hes walked out of Dane John Gardens, the park. he is covered in blood. D.S Maddie Ives is called in and the boy doesn't speak hes in shock. put into emergency foster care. Maddie along with inspector Harry Blakey go to find out more who's blood is all over the boy? I enjoyed this read, this series and this one is the best so far, and they don't need to be read in order. you ...more
Karen's World
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This author is one of my favourite writers, these stories are so clever the way he ties everything together at the end. They maybe gritty crime but very well written. I can never guess what is going to happen. The two main characters Maddie and Charlie are just great detectives and roll off each other making you like them. Another great book from Charlie Gallagher.
Joanna Larum
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third in the Maddie Ives series of detective books and it can be read as a stand alone but, as with most series, the reader will get more out of it if they have read the previous two books first. It begins with a young boy who is wandering in traffic, covered in blood and unable (or unwilling) to talk to anyone. His shock is graphically described and I was instantly drawn into the story. Then a body of a man is found on a country road, a man who has been dragged behind a vehicle ...more
Pat
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. This is the third Maddie Ives book and it was pretty damn good, the best yet. It is a police procedural but with a novel plot (ha ha pun intended), cracking pace and taut suspense. I loved it and hope there is more of Maddie to come.
Alyson Read
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series featuring DS Maddie Ives and DI Harry Blaker based in Canterbury. DS Maddie Ives had been working undercover in Manchester for years until disobeying orders meant that she had to move right across the country to a Major Crimes posting in Langhorne in the south east. Then a nasty shoot out injured her boss DI Harry Blaker and put him out of action for months and her back to CID, and once reunited they worked another particularly nasty case together. Back for ...more
Sharon Rimmelzwaan
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
One early Sunday morning, Diane Cummings is on her way to work when she sees a young boy covered in blood, she stops him and the case begins for Maddie Ives and Harry Blaker. He is scared, won't speak and covered in blood, the questions begin. Then man is found murdered. This is the 3rd in the Maddie Ives series that gets better as it goes on!
This story is, to be honest, a brutal and horrific one, but it just adds to the realism of todays policing and the world we live in. I love Charlie's
Jeanette
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't realise that 'He Will Find you' by Charlie Gallagher is the third book in a series, not that it mattered. This book is perfectly fine to read as a standalone. This was an excellent thriller and had me turning the pages from start to finish. I am not going to write what the story is about as i prefer one to read the book for themselves, but i do recommend.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy.
EILEEN
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HE WILL FIND YOU

OUTSTANDING!STUNNING!THRILLING!

HE WILL FIND YOU Immediately shocks you with a suspicious chilling mystery. Horrific, brutal, heart racing violence. A mind boggling labyrinth. Could this possibly get any worse? OH YES!
A divisive, confusing, heart stopping race against time. Still it isn't over yet. Harrowing suspense and split second timing. Will it be enough?
Nobody writes Police Officers the way Charlie Gallagher does. They're real. They're vulnerable. They're human. They're
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for an advance copy of He Will FindYou, the third novel to feature Canterbury based DS Maddie Ives and DI Harry Blaker.

A barefoot, blood soaked young boy is found wandering the streets of Canterbury so DS Maddie Ives is called to investigate. The boy isn’t talking so the police are on their own. Then a body is found on a lonely, country road. Are the cases connected?

I thoroughly enjoyed He Will Find You which is an event filled read from start to
Cid
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
nail-biting, can't-put--it-down thriller!

August 3, 2019

Format: Kindle Edition

For all you fans of crime fiction, before I impress upon you just what a fantastic book HE WILL FIND YOU, by Charlie Ghallagher, is, a little background: I am a lifelong rabid reader of books, with crime fiction being my favorite genre. I found the author, now my current favorite, among my Kindle Unlimited Subscription choices. I cannot say enough good things about Kindle Unlimited, which for someone, like me, who reads
Wendy Shrubsole
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kasha In Bookland
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The story about a great police detective combo that get immersed in an investigation way bigger than they expected.

A kid is found barefoot walking between cars in the middle of the night. Nobody knows his name, he would not talk and he is covered in blood.

Maddie and Harry work together in the police department and even though they have different characters, they make for a great investigation team.

While investigating the kid's case other grusome murders happen. Are they all connected? Who is
Lins
Maddie at her best.

Two seemingly separate crimes that Charlie links together perfectly and seamlessly. Then one of their own is targeted and the tension hits boiling point. (For me definitely) Maddie Ives is a legend and her relationship with Harry, although hard going at times, is improving in each book in the series. Charlie's police experience shows in the graphic details in his books and although some details can be gruesome, it all adds up to make the storylines very believable and very
Emandherbooks
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it

This book was ok. It was an interesting read! I enjoyed the writing style and the character development. I enjoyed how there were 2 story lines throughout that started to merge together towards the last quarter of the book.

I didn’t get surprised at any point and there was no twist! I felt the ending and where the story was going was a little predictable.

It was however, still an enjoyable read hence the 3.5 rating!
Brian
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another cracking story

As good as it gets , Charlie Gallagher has done it again, the story line twists and turns to a great emotional end , please write quicker cant wait for the next book,you must be local as I can associate with the sites of the action.
Greta Halliday
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another superb book in this series, full of action and suspense it will keep you riveted from start to finish. Charlie Gallagher is one of my favourite crime writers and his experience in policing shines through in his work. I am really looking forward to reading the next book in this series. Thanks to Joffe Books for giving me the opportunity to read this amazing book.
Gillian
Review

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It has twists and turns that keep me reading several hours past my bedtime. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys reading a really good thriller.
Mrs.Catherine Round-Turner
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Charlie. I cannot read them quick enough. The Characters are so interesting and the storyline was amazing. Well done Charlie you did it again. Looking forward to your next one.
Alison
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Just love CG's books they are true to life stories with lots of twists. The characters are great and remind me of officers I've worked with
Chante Jacobs
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read.
Jamie Smith
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read, when is the next due?

Very well written and enjoyed each page. Shame it had to end but I look forward to the next installment (hopefully)
Mr Daniel Cardilli
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable

Read all of Charlie Gallagher books and this one was as brilliant as all the others. Highly recommend this author.
Liz Sapp
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always waiting for the next book from CG!
Kathy
Sep 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Couldn't get into this book. Didnt finish
Bridget
Having read and loved the second book of this series - He Will Kill You - featuring DS Maddie Ives of the Canterbury police, I was really looking forward to reading this third book - He Will Find You - and I was certainly not disappointed!

I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced and very tense thriller. It grabbed my attention from the get-go and never let up. The narrative was immensely gripping and really piqued my curiosity and I loved the descriptions of the setting in Kent and the surrounding
« previous 1 3 next »

• Dead of Night
  • Watch Her Die
  • Two Victims (Detective Rachel King thrillers Book 2)
  • I WILL MAKE YOU PAY
  • Dead or Alive (Tom Lange #3)
  • MURDEROUS SECRETS (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #6)
  • YOU CAN'T HIDE (Detective Superintendent Ray Paterson #4)
  • ROLLOVER a gripping crime thriller you won’t be able to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 1)
  • Silent Crimes
  • She Is Gone (Jack Anderson #3)
  • The Missing Nurse (Yorkshire Murder Mysteries #1)
  • The Liar (Mike Croft, #4)
  • When He Vanished
  • The Sleepover (Detective Natalie Ward #4)
  • The Diamond Murder (Eric Ward #4)
  • Deserve To Die
  • DYING WISH a crime thriller you won’t want to put down (Detective Jeff Temple Book 4)
  • Revenge on the Levels (Detective Kate Hamblin mystery, #2)
Charlie Gallagher has been a serving UK police officer for eleven years. During that time he has had many roles, starting as a front-line response officer, then a member of a specialist tactical team and is currently a detective investigating serious offences.

Maddie Ives (3 books)
  • He Is Watching You (Maddie Ives, #1)
  • He Will Kill You (Maddie Ives, #2)