Start by marking “A Worthy Heart” as Want to Read:
A Worthy Heart

A Worthy Heart

Joel Bennett has always known Serena Hayes as his sister’s gregarious best friend. In the three years since Lacey began college, Serena became a regular houseguest, but lately, she’s absent more than not. When Joel discovers she’s in an abusive relationship, protectiveness from within roars to life.

With only a part time job to support her and nowhere to go, Serena fears
Kindle Edition, 1ST
Published July 9th 2019 by Anaiah Press

To ask other readers questions about A Worthy Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Worthy Heart

Trudy Cordle
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!! Sara Beth handled domestic violence in a sympathetic way. What I really liked, though, was the message that even if other's think we're perfect, no one is, and no one is "unworthy" of love, especially God's love. God can and does forgive us all of our sins, if we just repent and turn back to Him and His ways. I love that Serena figured this out, and is still figuring it out at the end of the book. Isn't that just like us? It doesn't happen overnight, we continue to grow in ou ...more
Jessica Baker (A Baker's Perspective)
Sara Beth Williams has given readers a story that will absolutely touch their hearts. In a powerful story of fighting for yourself, relying on a God who is big enough to get you through anything life throws at you, and how second chances can sneak up on us during the times we are least expecting it, Williams shows readers that you really can get out of a tough situation.

There is no denying that abuse is a hard topic. It's tough to write, it's tough to read, and even watch in real life if we know
Julia
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Worthy Heart by Sara Beth Williams is a powerful contemporary Christian novel about the awesome love of God.
God loves us unconditionally. He loves us even when we do not love ourselves. He loves us even when we mess up. And He loves us even when we do not feel worthy of His love. God’s love is nothing to do with how we see ourselves. God’s love is about how He sees us. If we are caught up in sin, God’s love sees us as we could be. He swoops in and rescues us from a life of disconnection from H
Gina Holder
A Worthy Heart is the second novel written by Sara Beth Williams and shows great potential for this new author. This story is all about second chances. Serena embodies the struggles of abused women. We understand her fear as she would like to escape but has no where to go. It's a beautiful story of healing, but at least one scene may be triggering to someone who's gone through abuse themselves.
A Worthy Heart also is a wonderful reminder of God's great love for us and how he sees us. To him, we
Tabitha Bouldin
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Have you ever read a book where you loved the characters so much you wanted to climb through the pages and live there? That was my feeling with A Worthy Heart. I loved Serena and Joel when I first met them in When Hearts Collide, and I have been impatiently waiting for their story to come around. A Worthy Heart was well worth the time as it pulled me straight into the story and invested me in the future of all the characters.
That's the setup for a perfect series. When you care about secondary c
Teresa Nasson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Worthy Heart is a beautifully written story of heartache, abuse and friendship.

The main character, ... decides to leave an abusive relationship but struggles with the thought, as the title of the book suggests, that she might be worthy of true love and joy.

The author, Sara Beth Williams, has done a great job with capturing the sensitivity of an abusive relationship. The fear, the self-blame, the feeling of unworthiness, are all included to make this a relatable read. God's healing and redeemi
Lori R
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is about domestic violence and faith from friends intervening to help Serena realize that she has done nothing wrong to warrant how her boyfriend, Chris treats her. She indeed has a worthy heart and deserves to be treated accordingly.

I really enjoyed the characters of Serena and brother and sister, Joel and Lacey Bennett. I received an advance copy of this book and I willingly chose to write an honest review.
Ann
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good! It is very well written and holds your attention. It is full of emotions, drama, suspense and romance; and will keep you turning the pages to see what happens I received an ARC copy of this book and was not required to write a review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Becca Hart
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This really is a great book of self-discovery and the power of forgiveness. The characters are engaging and feel real. I love this story! I received an ARC at no expense to the publisher.
Lorel Kline
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about dealing with physical and emotional abuse and how it is so easy to stay in that kind of a relationship. It is easy to think that when they say they are sorry and it won't happen again, you want to believe them. Even when you come out of that kind of situation , it is hard to get back to who you really are and trust again. You want to be able to think that you are worthy of a normal true relationship or even worthy to be loved.

If only we realize that someone loved us so much
Elissa
Carolyn Tye
Sep 06, 2019
Marian Baay
Sep 15, 2019
Sara Beth Williams is a wife, mother of two daughters, and temporary caretaker of a loveable old lady pit and a spunky Pomeranian. She lives in Northern California. When she's not held hostage by the keyboard, she enjoys music, teaching, reading and spending time with her family.

Books available on Amazon: