Start by marking “Piece of My Heart” as Want to Read:
Piece of My Heart

Piece of My Heart

They say true love never fades.
I’ve spent the last decade, and a fortune in paint, making sure of it.

Amber Tucker never dreamed she’d return to Cedar Grove, but when she finally finds the courage to leave her abusive husband, she knows her old hometown is her only option. Desperate for a new life, Amber takes her ten-year-old son and moves in with her aun
Published July 26th 2019 by Mountain Media

To ask other readers questions about Piece of My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Piece of My Heart

Heidi Sturgess
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2019
You know you're in for a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ treat when you are are hooked within the first few sentences of a book !

I already laughed at the first sentence because I could play it in my minds eye and I could hear it and picture it !

Amber and Cade are on the run and my emotions are all over the place ,I'm proud of Amber for her bravery ,I'm angry that she had to run ,I'm excited for what is waiting for her and Chad and Chad is such a sweet kid 🥰 old soul that one !

Sophie ,her Aunt, this woman ju
Chele
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent and emotional story about Life , love and second chances.
The plot is well paced and the charactes are 'real'. It's a riveting story that kept me glued to the page till the very end.

Amber and Noah were sweethearts, since forever. On again off again,then on again till the last time and Amber made choices that changed their lives.
Now ten years later she's back looking to start over,getting away from her abusive husband, and making a better life for her and her son Ca
Nancy Metsch
I'm speechless...Literally speechless.
Southern men are my weakness and Noah Murphy really made my knees weak. But truth be told this book did have a part that was scary and was very hard to read. But the rest of the book was able to help piece me back together...There is nothing better then a second chance at love.
Summer Ford
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet story of Noah and Amber and second chance love. I thought the story flowed perfectly from beginning to end. With little details from their past added in while they learned to let go of the past and look toward the future.
Dejean Smith
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sydney Logan strikes again in this delightful second chance romance. Amber and Noah were on-again-off-again elementary school through high school sweethearts only to let one rash night while they were off end their happily ever after. Maybe,

Amber would never regret her son, Cade, but the decade of abuse at the hands of his father finally comes to a head and she whisks the two back to her hometown. There she meets her former love needs her just about as much she needs him, albeit in a
Gladys
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book. The engaging story line offers a wonderful balance between sweet/cute and deep/meaningful. I was quickly captivated by this emotional romance and found myself rooting for Amber and Noah from the start. My heart ached for both of these characters and I was so happy that they got another chance at a HEA. I felt that Noah was super swoon worthy. He was charming, hot, loyal and in my opinion, an all around solid gold catch. Amber. I felt so bad for her. Normally, in a book ...more
Sally
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful second-chance romance!

Amber and Noah had been teenagers in love. But, teenagers in love can be a volatile thing, and these two did things that were regretted. Ten years after splitting up, Amber escapes an abusive husband and returns to her hometown with her ten-year-old son, Cade, in tow. Noah has never gotten over Amber—he repaints the big red heart with their names in the middle of his family farm silo every year. Through some well-placed meddling by Amber’s Aunt Sophi
Sandi Layne
Sydney Logan writes from the heart—always has. In this story, the reader sees into the hearts of the hero and heroine in such a way as to make the mind race and breath catch as the characters reunite in this second-chance romance. Noah, Our Hero, is all that a lady could want in her hero and the reader will enjoy his heart for real. The secondary characters—Amber's son, Cade, the farm hands (so great!) and various family members and townsfolk—enrich this story.

A note: For all the swo
Shannon
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sydney Logan always seems to know how to really pull me into a story with her words, and this story was no exception. Piece of My Heart sucked me in from the start with its characters and its emotional story line and my hope for second chances with regard to love for Amber and Noah.

This story was emotional and heartbreaking given the mention of abuse suffered by Amber and Cade. It was also inspiring and hopeful in that sometimes true love is just meant to be, and Noah holding out for
Juliana Ignácio
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Amber Tucker left Cedar Grove, she left Noah Murphy heartbroken. But when she returns after ten years, with her son in tow, running away from her abusive husband, she finally finds a home in her aunt Sophie's house.
Their reunion isn't the best, but Noah needs a secretary for his farm and Amber needs a job that pays better than tipping as a waitress.
As the two reconnect, Amber's son Cade also finds in Noah the father figure he has always dreamed of, and their love is reciprocal.
Tracey Vuolo
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sydney stole a piece of my heart with this empowering love story that I could not stop reading until the very last word. Amber and Noah just made me swoon and I needed them together as much as my next breath! The obstacle in their way will make your chest hurt and if your like me, shed a tear or two. Cade just made my heart explode with his devotion to his mom. This book must be read for haylofts, painted hearts and Noah’s protective devotion alone. This story is breathtaking, hopeful and full o ...more
Kari Hansen
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leaving Cedar Grove and Noah ten years ago was the worst decision that Amber ever made but it resulted in the best gift she could have received, her son Cade. She has managed to escape her husband and is returning home to face her past and have a new beginning.

Noah has loved Amber since he was a teenager and she still holds a place in his heart. Now that she is back in town will this be their second chance or will her past destroy what they could have for the second time?

Tammy
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Highschool sweethearts, or should I say Noah and Amber have loved each other all their lives. But one mistake lead to a few years of them being apart. But a love like they had could never fade. This was a tough read, not saying the book wasn't good, cause it was amazing. But the life Amber lead while being apart from Noah was tough, she had a loveless, abusive marriage, with only one bright spot in that marriage…. Her son. Damn I loved these two, and second chance loves are my favorite!
Karen Komarinski
Left me speechless

Amber and her son Cade are on their way back to her home town of Cedar Grove to start a new life. Amber never expected to earn the forgiveness of the one man she left behind with a broken heart. It took me an hour to finished this wonderful story. I laughed and cried, and Case a 10 year old wise beyond his years will touch your heart. I don't want to say anything more about this beautifully written story, other then it will touch your heart and soul.
Carrie
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whew! This little story of Noah & Amber will definitely tug at some heart strings! I really enjoyed the dynamic, and I love how much Cade is involved in the overall storyline. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of Noah & Amber's relationship develop after the big drama was over, but that's the only downside of the story for me. It's well written & emotional!! : )
Doni
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book!
I truly enjoyed reading it!
It's a heartwarming, intriguing
& moving romance. Amber, Noah
& Cade, will steal your heart.
It has the small town charm & the comfort of family. Second chance romance at it's finest. I loved everything about this Must Read Story from the very first pages to the last!!
Sharon Hughson
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Touching Read

It could have been better. This book addresses a serious subject and handles it well, but I couldn’t lose myself in the story. Noah was too perfect and Amber too down on herself. Neither of them had a true character journey, but the premise was great and second chance love stories are one of my favorite tropes.
Dawn Foster
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading a book from Sydney Logan. She writes stories that have a lot of heart. A Piece of My Heart is no exception, with Noah still loving the woman who broke his heart and doing all he can when she returns home with her son. I loved following Amber and Noah's story of a second chance love.
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Shelves: beta-arc, want-to-own
Piece of My Heart is a beautiful second chance story. I love high school sweethearts, they're some of the most genuine romances to read. Sydney Logan knows how to write a beautiful romance, with minimal angst and just the right amount of drama and romance. Well done!
luayne
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Very intense story. Sad. Disturbing subject matter. It is sad that Cade did not have a good father at the beginning of his life. Glad that Noah stepped in and gave him a better chance in his teen years.
Shelly
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet story about getting a second chance at love.Amber made some bad choices and has to make some changes.Noah had always loved Amber and fights for their love.Sweet little Cade you will fall in love with him!!!
Tashia
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Sydney's books from the first one and she has outdone herself once again. I absolutely loved Piece of My Heart from the beginning I couldn't put it down until it was finished. Amber and Noah's story is full of love, strength, and second chances. If you haven't read it yet check it out you won't be disappointed.
D²
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lisbeth
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Sweet, sad very lovely read.
Rosa Ascenso
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love it and sad. R. A

It's sad what she went through but very well written. Not all women are strong but that doesn't make them weak. It's a must read.
Debbie Messenger
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice quick read

I loved this quick read, full of drama and romance.
Second chance at love.
Abusive ex.
Maybe a little to short for me but I did enjoy it....
Ginelle Blanch
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good second chance romance.

Sometimes life just doesn't take us down the paths we've imagined for ourselves. This was certainly true for Noah and Amber.

She was stuck in a life that was hardly living...she and her son fleeing a life that should have been so different. Going back home to be safe with family also brought him back into her life.

Sometimes forgetting the past is easier said than done. Sometimes we just don't want to forget. Sometimes love is worth coming back for, even if we
Diane plourde
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

A very sweet second chance summer read. After years being away, Amber returns to her home town to try to escape. Noah has never forgotten his first love. Now that she’s back, he’s not letting her go.

This is a beautifully written story that was short but packed with some suspense and romance. A storyline that has been told many times over but graced with amazing characters. The perfect summer read.

Standalone told in a dual POV with an HEA. I strongly recommend this story.
Debbie Neutzling
Jul 30, 2019
Divina Lopez
Aug 04, 2019
Sydney Logan writes heartfelt romances that feature strong women and the men who love them. In addition to her novels, she has penned several short stories and is a contributor to Chicken Soup for the Soul. She is a Netflix junkie, music lover, and a Vol for Life. Sydney and her husband make their home in beautiful East Tennessee.

To learn more about Sydney and her books, visit her online at www.sydneylogan.com.