Start by marking “Tides of Time (The Legacy #1)” as Want to Read:
Tides of Time (The Legacy #1)

Tides of Time

(The Legacy #1)

A “good girl” witch hiding secrets from her family…

Cami wants a normal life. Or at least as normal as a life in a family of witches can be. She can’t tell her sisters about her violent ex. Or that she broke the first rule of magic to “harm none.” When her youngest sister asks for help unraveling the death of a 1930’s star abused by those she loved, Cami can’t say no.
ebook
Published August 20th 2019 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about Tides of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides of Time

InD'tale Magazine
So much in this story will keep the reader engaged, it will be very hard to put the book down!

Read full review in the 2019 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jackie
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A first by me from this author and it definitely does not disappoint! This book was absolutely captivating with really fabulous characters and many genres in here such as a bit of paranormal, history, romance and mystery! I loved the main characters and each of their stories!!! I couldn’t put this must read down ! You’ll be guessing right to the end! I loved the authors way of writing and dying for more after reading this!!!
Felicia Grossman
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a stupendous, fascinating debut! I love how we have two stories, the primary relationship between Cami (a fabulous witch finding her way after leaving an abusive relationship) and Sam, a man who may have some magic in his background as well, and the tragic 1930s Hollywood mystery they solve together. I adore the way there are parallels between the past and the present and how the past informs the present and how the characters are able to learn from it.

Cami and Sam have great
Evie Drae
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tides of Time by Luna Joya—released by City Owl Press—was one of those reads that kept my hands locked around my e-reader and my butt firmly planted in my chair. This book promises witchy mystery and romance, and it doesn’t disappoint.

The rich world building Joya achieves positively bowled me over. I adored her unique take on magic and the skillful way she portrayed it—and her story—with deft care. I can easily get overwhelmed in paranormal, fantasy, or sci-fi reads when there is an
Etta Silby
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a gem of a read. I was positively swept away by it and would highly recommend it to any reader looking for an enjoyable end-of-summer read!

Plus, can we discuss that cover? Just fab! *starry-eyed emoji*
Amelia Foster
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I made a HUGE mistake when I swiped my finger across the screen to start reading Tides of Time. Mostly because I didn't have the time to finish it all in one sitting. And it literally made me SO GRUMPY until I could get back to it and lose myself in the magic and wonder of Cami and Sam. Ya know that irritation that you feel when you're hangry that you can completely identify as irrational, but you can't help yourself? Yeah, that was me. There were several moments where I was extremely grateful t ...more
Eva
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
combine witchy goodness with an old hollywood cold case and you have the makings of tides of time a debut paranormal romance from luna joya. this story was so readable, cami and sam are just so compatible and nerd out to silver screen history while enjoying some steamy sexytimes.

couple all of that with some elemental magic and witch families and mysterious prophecies and you have a book that is just simply a fun summer read. the secondary characters are all fantastic and i believe th
Scarolet Ellis
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tides of Time by Luna Joya is an amazing story that I have had the privilege to read and loved very much. This is book number one in this amazing start to a new series writen by a brand new author for me to read. I can not wait to read the next book when it comes out and I highly recommend to readers that loves reading about romantic suspense and paranormal romances.

Amber Bryant
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew when I began reading Tides of Time that I was in for a romance served with a side of elemental magic. I got that: a HOT romance with excellent chemistry between the characters, and a paranormal aspect that was both intriguing and contained a unique spin on magical powers (as an animal lover, I adored the fact that Cami was a vet who could communicate with animals).

What I wasn’t prepared for was the compelling mystery woven throughout the story. As Cami hunts down clues surrounding the de
Nerdy Housewifey
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tides of Time was a great Urban Fantasy read. A mystery with magic what wasn’t to love. It had a very hot romantic element to it as well. I really enjoyed Luna Joyas great world building.
Barbara
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this Author I have read and it looks like this is her debut book. A new series called The Legacy a well written story and I want to read the next book. Cami and Sam's story has a bad ex, drama, danger, suspense, magic, and romance, I enjoyed reading. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Marianne
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a fascinating paranormal mystery! It has romance and drama, excitement and secrets. Really fun to read!

Penny
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked this up because it sounded like a very interesting urban fantasy book. I’d never read this author before, and I was excited to get started. At first, I admit that I had a hard time getting into it. It was a tad slow to get started. Once it got going, it was much better. I absolutely loved all the characters, especially all the sisters and their family. They alone are worth reading the book. I was a little disappointed because I was expecting more of an urban fantasy with a little romanc ...more
Lucy Gardiner
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Tides of time is about Cami who is a legacy witch. She works at an animal emergency hospital which suits as she can telepathically communicate with animals. She can also control water magic.
She has an older Sister Delia and younger sister Mina who can go back or forwards in time.
Sam Carraza owns restaurant and is the love interest for Cami. Unfortunately there was a bit too much of insta love going on here for me, I couldn’t get behind the romance at all.
Sam and Cami get together t
Harshal Shah
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was overall great. The reason for figuring out who killed Sunny was never properly explained and unclear. The whole book was party centered around that and I think it needs more detail in order for this book to reach a higher level. Additionally in chapter 3, where the author wrote, “Ama had passed down the Nahualli[...]magical Donovan women,” was overall a confusing paragraph and even after rereading it several times, it was still unclear what the author was trying to say.
Sandra Berryman
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first in this series and it starts off quite well. It has enough romance, mixed with science fiction and mystery, to keep you turning the pages. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author. I received an e-book from NetGalley in return for an unbiased review.
Michelle Orloff
Tides of Time has something for almost anyone: romance, suspense, mystery, and magic. The heroine, Cami, is a victim of domestic abuse who's trying to move past the experience through her carefully planned life. Oh, and she's a witch from a powerfully magic family. She meets Sam, who's also trying to move beyond his history of familial neglect and build something of his own. These are two very driven, goal-oriented people who aren't looking for romantic relationships. But from their first meetin ...more
Heather Fleet
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this. Full review to come.
Karen Machamer
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed reading this , and I recommend it to everyone.
Lia
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received Tides as an Arc (thanks Netgalley and the publisher) to give my thoughts and, no surprise for a fantasy romance lover, I loved it.
It was a easy read with a side of witchy vibes and elemental energies, I loved the sisters power trio, reminiscent of the Charmed trio, and the history research was something cool to find in a book, althought Sam jumped into the train really soon without knowing anything about Cami, but that happens in a lot of romances, so not really a bad thing. The d
Lia
Sep 18, 2019 rated it liked it
library4one
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Pros: I love the Donovan sisters. I actually would have enjoyed the story more if it centered on them more. The character development was good. Each protagonist had relatable problems and strengths that made them human (or witchy:)). I actually do want to know more about the illusive Senate. And as a SoCal girl I loved the beachy descriptions. It made me miss my home state. Joya does leave me wondering what will happen next for Cami and Sam. I also really want to see Sam's tattoos.

Co
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This urban fantasy read is filled with magic and suspense. I loved the old Hollywood woven into the plot. Those scenes really transported me to another time. A much more glamorous time. I wish the author had elaborated on some things a bit more. There were times I felt like there was a previous book I had missed.

That being said, this is a wonderful book! Highly enjoyable. I was engaged from beginning to end. I was delighted in the different ways the author chose to incorporate magic into the bo
Turtleberry
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story was really good. It sucked me in from the moment that it began. Cami was a great character. You meet her and her sisters and are instantly curious about them. The connection she has with Sam is awesome. Their meeting was great. The sparks are there and you really wonder what is going to happen with them.
I am not a big reader of paranormal. I enjoyed the storyline and the way the paranormal elements were introduced. Nothing felt over my head or hard to believe.
I was completely v
Rosie Rizk
Aug 28, 2019 rated it liked it
An insta-love with a lot of steamy romance. The secondary plot was pretty interesting, although I didn't care for it at first, since it happened years in the past, and solving that mystery would have absolutely no affect in the present. But it did become more interesting once I got more involved in the story,

I'm no psychology expert, but if Cami left an abusive ex barely about a year ago, I think she should've been more hesitant to begin a new relationship. But she jumped right into this one.

T
Rebecca Goss
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Donovan sisters are elemental witches who visit Sam’s restaurant and he is enamored by Cami. She meets him again when he takes his dog into the clinic where Cami works at a veterinarian. They develop a romance while exploring the mysterious death of an old Hollywood starlet. Plenty of magic, family and love envelop this romance. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Poppy Dubois
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book and can't wait for the next in the series! Cami was so real to me. I felt like I was watching a friend. And Sam.... Sigh! Dreamy, sexy Sam. I loved the sparks between the two of them. But, as if that weren't enough, the mystery of the Hollywood actress's early demise kept me flipping through the pages! I loved that the connection between Sam and Cami helped the solving of this long cold case. Such an amazing debut by a highly talented author!
Beth
Sep 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this and it was a quick and easy read. The combination of magic and mystery is just right. I thoroughly enjoyed the investigation into Sunny’s death. I also liked learning about the different magical abilities of each of Cami’s family members. Sam and Cami make a great team of researchers although the love/lust at first site was a little over the top. In some places, I was hard to understand why Cami doesn’t trust her instincts, I mean, if she has an evil ex-boyfriend after her, why does ...more
Jen
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
Writing isn't bad but just not into the plot that much. I won't be continuing with the series.
Neg Dardashti
Oct 01, 2019
Lovers of Paranor...: Tides of Time (Adult Paranormal Romance) ~10 copies 1 16 Jul 28, 2019 09:04AM
Luna Joya writes hex and sex in the award-winning Legacy Series, a witch family saga of romances about kickass heroines and the men who love them.

Fluent in sarcasm and penal code, Luna prosecutes sex crimes and homicides by day and writes paranormal romance at night. She loves history, especially Los Angeles and Hollywood lore. A survivor of traumatic brain injury with steel body parts