Start by marking “The Boy from the Woods” as Want to Read:

The Boy from the Woods

In the shocking new thriller from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Run Away, a man whose past is shrouded in mystery must find a missing teenage girl before her disappearance brings about disastrous consequences for her community . . . and the world.

The man known as Wilde is a mystery to everyone, including himself. Decades ago, he was found as a boy living
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by Grand Central Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Mar 17, 2020
    Enter for a chance to win an advance reader copy of THE BOY FROM THE WOODS by Harlan Coben!

*NO PO BOXES*

A man with a mysterious past must find a

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 6063 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 13 - Feb 02, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Boy from the Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy from the Woods

Start your review of The Boy from the Woods
    Chelsea Humphrey
    *Now available to request via NetGalley!!!

"Well, well, well, as I live and breathe. Hester Crimstein in my little station."

Whether you are stumbling across this review in search of a new stand-alone thriller or as a long term fan of the author, you are equal parts welcome here. Friends, The Boy from the Woods is Harlan Coben at his best, and let me tell you why. Readers of Stephen King claim their loyalty as a fan base in part because he has an uncanny way of providing layers to his work. Sure,
    Jamie beauty_andthebook_
    Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: arcs
    As with every single prior Harlan Coben novel, I am in love with these characters, this book and I can't believe I have to wait a year for a new book!

The Boy in the Woods features a connection to one of my favorite Coben recurring characters, the esteemed Hester Crimstein, but this time, Hester is one of the stars of the show (we do get an "articulate" reference as well) - including these easter eggs to past books or characters is one of my favorite things about reading Coben - it's like an
    Laura Rash
    Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Any normal Harlan Coben fan does exactly what I did when I received this early copy-I started reading it as soon as I pulled it out of the mailer! Cue the roller coaster track sound as I start turning pages bc that’s the thrilling ride this book is! Lots of moments that had me squirming in my seat wondering if I should just pace the floor as I read. The story of Wilde, Naomi, Hester and Oren makes for a complicated plot that you are just absorbed into. I love Hester and wonder if anyone else ...more
    Cassie
    Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    30 years ago a boy was found living in the New Jersey woods. This boy, Wilde, has no recollection of how he got there nor for how long.

Wilde is godfather to Matthew, a teenage boy who also happens to be the grandson of Hester Crimstein. If you have read other Coben books, you will know who she is - and understand why I was so excited when she popped up.
    A girl from Matthew's class at school goes missing and he asks Hester for help in finding her and Hester then enlists the help of Wilde.
    With a
    Barbara White
    Dec 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I'm a huge Harlan Coben fan, and the world stopped for 24 hours while I inhaled an advanced reader copy of his latest. This fast-paced story is full of twists, turns, layers, and unique characters skillfully woven together. (Although, I'll be honest, I don't think that Harlan Coben could write anything less than brilliant.)

There are many threads to THE BOY FROM THE WOODS, which opens with a bullied teenager and this strange--current--political moment in which the differences between the extreme
    Cassie
    Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

With a
    Kat
    Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    My first read by Harlan Coben and I just loved it, such a complex plot line which kept me on my toes throughout and wonderful writing to boot, everything you want from an intelligent and compulsive thriller.
    Many different storylines going on here which are obviously going to connect, Wilde the boy who was found in the woods now an adult who is he ?..... the missing girl Naomi what is going on the there and my favourite character Hester Crimstein what a feisty woman she is and I especially loved
    Eloise Robbertze
    The Boy from the Woods by Harlan Coben is a fantastic thriller with a serious plot twist! I have loved reading Mr. Cobens’ works for years and he has become one of my favourite, dependable, go-to-authors: you expect a first-class thrilling ride and that’s what you get!

The plot of this novel is intricate and surprising and progresses at just the right speed. Clues are slowly dispensed as the story unfolds and each one adds up to a brilliant multi-story compendium.

The character development is
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
    The Boy from the Woods’ is the first Harlan Coben novel that I’ve read. Obviously, I’ve heard plenty about this crime writer – 70 million books sold worldwide - and so was curious to see whether or not I would become a fan or continue to pass him by in the future. It’s the latter.
    Many praise Coben’s plots, his characterisation and the way in which he highlights topical issues. However, whilst he’s a fluent enough writer who can take his readers down blind alleys and weave in a good number of
    Elisabeth Soane
    Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley-2020
    I am a Harlan Coben, own all of his books and have reread most of them. Being approved for this new title was fantastic and I was hooked from page one.
    This book showed a previous character Hester Crimstein lawyer extraordinaire and introduced Wilde, The boy in the woods. Wilde’s best friend was Hester’s son and she keeps in touch with him. When her grandson approaches her as a school mate is missing Hester asks Wilde have a look. Wilde has an exceptional skill set but his investigation causes
    Nancy McFarlane
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Harlan Coben has written yet another unputdownable compulsive read. He brings back one of my favorite minor characters, Hester Crimstein, and this time gives her a more substantial part. And, he introduces Wilde – a true enigma, whom I can’t wait to see more of. There are several story lines going on and each is layered with a multitude of thought provoking situations. Coben even manages to take a nonpartisan jab at our current political culture. As the truth comes out many decisions must be ...more
    Coleen
    Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Harlan Coben weaves a great tale and I would definitely read his previous and any future books.

I identified with Hester in this story, a lawyer who had three grown sons and grandchildren. She was also a television personality which I am not and which put her out front and center in the action. The boy from the woods is named, not surprisingly, Wilde. He's pretty lovable, both figuratively and literally. First one young girl goes missing, then a teenage boy. Finding them and trying to figure out
    Pam  Page
    Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: adult-reading
    I can't think of a better way to spend New Year's Day than to read an entire Harlan Coben book...and that's just what I did with The Boy From the Woods. My attention never wavered from a plot that kept me riveted with question after question about characters and events. I loved Hester Crimstein and her one liners (even the way she answered her phone..."articulate"). Wilde is a fascinating character with his mysterious past and his history with Hestor's family. So many surprises along the way and ...more
    Rebecca Minnock
    Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    30 years ago, Wilde was found living in the woods with no recollection about how he got there, or how long he had been living in the wild.

Current day, a girl goes missing - someone Wilde's godson Matthew is at school with - but no one takes it seriously.

Matthew calls Wilde and asks him for help, and Wilde is on a race to uncover the truth before it is too late.

I will never not pick up the new Harlan Coben, and The Boy From The Woods did not disappoint. With an intricately woven plot, plenty of
    Joanne Cartwright
    Thoroughly enjoyed this book but felt the title was a bit misleading as although Wilde- the boy from the woods- features heavily the story is not really about him and how he came to be alone in the woods.
    That said it is a great read with a great plot and many doubts thrown in about motives and what is really happening with the missing teens along with some stinging repartee from Hester.
    As a longtime fan of Harlen Coben this latest did not disappoint!
    Sherry
    Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    When Hester Crimstein's grandson comes to her for help to find a missing friend, she enlists the help of Wilde, a man who know nothing about his own upbringing and who was found living alone in the woods. The search leads to secrets from the past which can possibly destroy the future. In a nod to Win, Hester now answers her phone by saying "articulate". Loved everything about this one. Highly recommend.
    Brandon Williams
    This book is a really excellent read.There are several both interesting and complex characters within it with a number of developing stories that seem to develop simultaeneously.This keeps the pace of the book really interesting and I found that I could not wait to get back to reading it.The ending really surprised me and as with all good books I wa sorry to see it end.
    I have provided no spoilers or indications as to the story.My advice is to read it, you won't be disappointed.
    Crystal
    Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: 2019
    The boy from the woods really stole this book! I've always loved Hester in previous books, and was happy to start reading and see she'd be a featured player, but Wilde is just the absolute best. There are twists in this book I saw coming, and one that completely caught me off guard. All of them were done so well, and I was on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what would happen next! Just a great book!
    Michelle
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    I'm a big Harlan Coben fan and was beyond thrilled to receive an advance copy from Grand Central Publishing-thank you! Loved the great new characters and the revisited characters from previous books; always love the Springsteen references and hidden treats from earlier novels; fantastic, fast-paced thriller with a lot of the Coben twists and turns!
    Gillian Moore
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    If I could give this book a million stars I would. Tremendous. As per the norm with Harlan Coben, who just gets better and better. Loved it. I love Hester and I loved the character of Wilde. Brilliant xx
    Jax
    Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    5 stars!

How does Harlan Coben do it? He uses the plots that could easily be used for ten novels and intertwine them in one. An amazing story!

It is mpossible to give a comprehensive review without giving away or hinting to spoilers. It’s THAT GOOD! Filled with so many plausible red herrings, and even as the story finishes there are a few last minute twists.

I read this in one sitting and couple not put it down!

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Thank you so much the publisher and NetGalley for providing
    Michelle Mathias
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Feisty lawyer Hester Crimstein is a great character. Many different interwoven plot strands, keeps you guessing right till the last page. My first Coben novel, but not the last.

Thanks to Netgalley.co.uk for the ARC.
    Kathryn Garner
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Another great story from Harlan,fast paced and full of twists. Didnt
    see the ending coming at all!
    Hester is a great character.
    Paige
    Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    First, a huge thank-you to @harlancoben for making my dreams come true with this signed advance copy!

As you can see, Harlan’s newest earns 5 SHINING stars from me. Is there a rating higher than 5? If so, this book gets it all. We’re all surprised that I loved a Harlan book, right?

Time and time again, Coben produces books that are thrilling, suspenseful, humorous, and down-right compelling. TBFTW was no exception. I inhaled the pages in this book like it was air. While Coben’s newest is a
    Michelle Mathias
    Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Kelly
    Jan 14, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Goodreads giveaway winner!!
    Jerry
    Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Hmm. Wonder if Coben is gearing up for doing another crossover series with this book? I'm on board!
    Stacey
    Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
    Another great mystery from Harlan Coben. The characters were interesting, especially Hester Crimstein, a witty, wise and seasoned criminal defense attorney. Hope to see much more of her in future books!
    Mary

• This Tender Land
    • My Dark Vanessa
    • Seven Days
    • A Nearly Normal Family
    • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
    • The Girl Who Lived Twice (Millennium, #6)
    • Sorcery of Thorns
    • Our Little Cruelties
    • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
    • The 18th Abduction (Women's Murder Club, #18)
    With over 60 million books in print worldwide, Harlan Coben’s last seven consecutive novels, MISSING YOU, SIX YEARS, STAY CLOSE, LIVE WIRE, CAUGHT, LONG LOST and HOLD TIGHT all debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and lists around the world. His books are published in 43 languages around the globe.

Coben is the winner of the Edgar Award, Shamus Award and Anthony Award – the first