Start by marking “Aion” as Want to Read:
Aion

Aion

Captain Lexi Neel thought she'd sacrificed years of life with her daughter when she left Earth on a decades-long journey through the depths of space. But when a distress signal takes her out of hypersleep years ahead of schedule, she finds herself on the mysterious moon Aion, home to exotic wildlife and a research station dedicated to study of the moon's "particularities." ...more
Kindle Edition
Published July 17th 2019 by Europe Comics

To ask other readers questions about Aion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Aion

Fanni
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
IT'S GREAT. Thanks Netgalley!!
Such a quick, compact read and I wish there was more!

Lexi Neel is captain of a spacecraft transporting merchandise from Earth to planets of deep space. The ship is halfway to her destination when she is taken out of hypersleep because of a distress signal from a forest moon called Aion. In the deep wilderness of Aion she meets an android at a mysterious research facility and gets caught up in something quite unexpected.

A great sci-fi graphic novel! I fee
sukhmanjot
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
well written sci fi adventure of captain Neel, who had left earth long decades ago and had gone to the depth of space. she had even sacrificed her daughter. She wakes up from hyper sleep when a distress signal came from a mysterious & wild moon - aion. there are some experiments happening at the forest moon which captain neel is not well aware of accurately.

this book also features androids giving it a perfect sci fi look. this is a short, quick and compact read for everyone. Moreover, the gr
Steff Pasciuti
In a far future world and in the far depths of space, a distress signal is sent out from the moon of Aion. Captain Lexi Neel is awoken from hypersleep by her android assistant in order to answer this call. A sketchy time travel experience later, Lexi finds herself thrown into the unexpected opportunity to return home to her daughter, with whom she sacrificed years of time with in order to procure her a better life. But not everything is what it seems on this strange moon and within the research ...more
Ana
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an e-ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This comic is great both in the story aspect and the visual one. The story seemed a bit too similar to alien for me in the beginning but it took a turn I was not expecting, and the story turned into something very different that I enjoyed a lot!

I have to say that the plot wasn’t really as shocking as it pretended to be, but that didn’t mean that I didn’t enjoy it. I liked it because it made sense, and it fit what the story w
Etienne
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,5/5. This was good, don,t want to say to much because the middle of it caught me off guard and I think this is part of the experience. Good science-fiction graphic novel with interesting elements, nothing that goes in new territory but a fun walk in a pleasing neighborhood!
Carrie
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
In short, Ludovi Rio’s Aion is for sci-fiction lovers. Showing an influence from everything from Alien to Prometheus, this graphic novel focuses on one Captain Lexi Neel, a woman who we later understand to be a woman nearly lost to time. Lexi left her home on earth, her daughter and all she’s know for a trip to space that will be at least two decades long. We learn that she jolted out of hyper sleep years ahead of schedule because of a distress signal. This leads her to a mysterious moon named A ...more
Alina Diaconescu
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I was provided a free copy of this eBook via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Aion is the perfect sci-fi graphic novel. It has space travel, androids, alien life forms and science combined in a great story blend that follows Captain Lexi Neel, who sacrificed years of life with her daughter when she left Earth on a decades-long mission through the depths of space. But her hypersleep journey back home is interrupted when a distress signal takes her on the mysterious moon Aion, home to ex
Vinny
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Aion was such a fun sci-fi comic! The plot was interesting and dare I say, quite unexpected. I love the twist and I'm longing for more when I hit the last page. The art style matches the whole vibes of this story and it was even a bit creepy at some point. I'm especially loving the atmospheric background!

Thank you Europe Comics and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Letterboxd
I'm also a contributor for
Theediscerning
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Three stars for this, for it proved to be an interesting and visually very attractive story from the twilight zone, about a scientist pioneering time travel. It manages to get a power play in, and references many sci-fi stories (oh, and The Prestige too), but I just felt it needed a final oomph to kick it into really memorable. I have no idea why he killed himself, for one thing, and I would have thought the repetition involved in the plot would have lead to something a bit more meaningful. Inst ...more
Pop Bop
Jul 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Trust No One

This is a suitably twisty time travel tale. As is always the case, the story begins with a distress call. Our astronaut heroine just wants to get home, but things are never that easy. Is the smooth talking scientist in the abandoned station a good guy or a bad guy? Is the highly sophisticated android assistant cooking up her own plan? I'm not telling. But it's a fun ride as you find out.

This was fast paced and crisply written, with a bit of sci-fi-garble but a generally clear plot.
Vivienne
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Europe Comics for making available a digital edition of ‘Aion’ in exchange for an honest review. Its script and art was by Ludovic Rio. It was published in English on 17 July and translated from the French by M.B. Valente.

Captain Lexi Neel is on a decades-long commercial mission into deep space. She is woken from hyper sleep by her ship’s android. It advises her that she was woken early due to a distress signal received from Aion, a forest moon that was once home to a research stati
Erika
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A very interesting concept and I love the execution. The twists in it and that ending was really good. The artstyle was fine but the backgrounds were stunning.

The story is about Lexi who wakes up from a hyper sleep because of a distress signal. When she goes to investigate, she finds that the lab is in a dire state and the engineer there is dead. Just as she picks up the engineer's notebook, the Android taking care of the place sents her back in time and the story gets more interesting as it goe
Kristina  Wilson
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a fun ride into space! We follow Captain Lexi Neel as she awakens from hyper sleep to respond to a distress call coming from a space station. We quickly learn the call is not what it seems, setting off a chain of events that play with the space/time continuum.There are also androids featured, giving this a very Prometheus vibe that I quite liked. Although it was a quick read, I enjoyed the concepts presented.

I received this as a free ebook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest revie
Janie McMahan
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked the time loop concept but the ending was a bit too happy ever after for me, and there were numerous space tropes in this one; punching a pencil through a piece of paper to show how time travel and warping works, evil dr genius, being stuck in a time loop, robots who begin thinking for themselves etc etc. It definitely didn't bring anything new to the table, but I would say this would be a good starter comic for a kid just getting into space/time travel stuff. If you're already a sci-fi f ...more
Zaz
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
La BD est peu dense en texte, elle se lit donc vite et de manière fluide. La base scifi autour du voyage spatio-temporel est sympa et fonctionne plutôt bien, avec quelques à côtés que j'ai bien aimés comme les androïdes ou les retournements de situation. L'ensemble reste tout de même léger et les personnages m'ont paru peu attachants et peu développés, ce qui a limité mon intérêt durant la lecture. Les graphismes sont agréables et font bien passer l'ambiance, tout en restant simples et faciles à ...more
Gina Brown
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I recieved a copy of this title from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Deep space voyaging, androids, time-travel and alien worlds, what more could you ask for?
I thoroughly enjoyed this science fiction graphic novel. The story was original, whilst still having a familiar feel. It brought to mind a number of my favourite sci-fi movie plots, but all kind of mixed together and the best bits picked out. The artwork was simple but pleasant to look at and helped to tell the story.
Mariana
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This graphic novel originally brought me for the art and made me stay for the story. I finished reading this novel in one sitting which is nice if you are looking for a short but good story. One of the things I loved was the main character Captain Neel. She is a strong and brave woman, who, after waking up from hyper sleep arrived to the moon Aion just to face some interesting twists in her journey.

I found the novel thanks to netgalley which provided me with the book to review.
Emma
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was an interesting look into time travel. I honestly can’t say much more as anything would be a spoiler. I loved the art style, and this is what drew me to give this a try. This was visually pleasing and had a solid story although this was quite short. I’m not sure if this is going to be a standalone or a series but I would be interested to see how they would continue.
Katelyn
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC from NetGalley for a review.

What a twisty read! I love standalone graphic novels and this fit the bill. The idea behind this story felt like it would fit right into an episode of Star Trek. I enjoyed the story and all the twists to it, but there were a few pages that felt repetitive due to the time travel nature of the story. And while the story plays on popular ideas in science fiction, it was still worth reading. Overall this is a quick read with artwork that fit the story.
Jessica
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins by introducing Captain Lexi Neel, a delivery operater, as she wakes up from hypersleep in space. The android aboard the ship announces that her mission is taking a slight detour to address a distress signal from a former research station on the moon Aion. But a simple mission detour turns into so much more, again and again.

This graphic novel as many elements of the science fiction genre, wrapped up nicely in one short read. The artwork and use of colors is truly impressive and
Received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
Great sci-fi graphic novel with some great actual scientific elements to it
Loved the twist in the middle didn't see it coming and it really elevated the story to another level
Great art style throughout that well matched the plot of the story
Leisha
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a cool sci-fi twisty time travel story!
I didn't know what to expect going into this, I knew it was sci-fi, that's it.
It was such a good read!
The artwork is really cool; the colours really set the tone well.
The plot twist was really good.
Kinda wish the ending was a little different but overall really good graphic novel!
Booki
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
A well written Sci-Fi Comic/Graphic Novel, our main character travels back through time after answering an emergency signal on another planet. The concept is interesting and engaging, and the art helps immerse you in the story. There's not much character development and you only learn a few things about these characters which doesn't really affect the plot.
Ije the Devourer of Books
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good artwork and an engaging sci-fi story about a young woman who is caught up in a science experiment. The story pulls the reader in and the pace is good. The story is told through the artwork and the text doesn't overwhelm the art. A good one for sci-fi fans.

Copy provided by Europe Comics via Netgalley.
Oumaima Barcelonista
An entertaining graphic novel that I would recommend to sci-fi fans.
The art was beautiful and the concept was interesting but I didn't like the execution that much.
Thanks to Netgalley for the e-ARC
Sykas
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Both art and story were interesting and engaging. All Characters well made. I read this in one go as it's easy to read and story make you want to know what will happen next. I have mixed feelings about the ending.
Feed The Crime
Jul 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Really fast and fun read, I would have loved this to be longer and explored further as I was left a little deflated.
Raksha
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
e-ARC kindly provided by the publishers through netgalley.

What a fun read! I enjoyed this book so much. I have always loved reading about mind-bending time travel and this one fit the bill! The art is amazing and so atmospheric and the story, however compact, is well done.
Recommended for all science fiction fiends!
Brett