Start by marking “Super Adjacent” as Want to Read:
Super Adjacent

Super Adjacent

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Claire has always wanted to work with superheroes, from collecting Warrior Nation cards as a kid to drafting "What to Say to a Hero" speeches in her diary. Now that she's landed a coveted internship with the Chicago branch of Warrior Nation, Claire is ready to prove she belongs, super or not. But complicating plans is the newest WarNat hero, Girl Power (aka Joy), who ...more
Expected publication: March 17th 2020 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Super Adjacent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Adjacent

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Super Adjacent
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Dec 08, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
Don't mind me, just making room in my heart for another adorable f/f superhero book because those are my everything.
✿
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rep-wlw, rep-poc, arcs
review on my blog

"I'm pretty sure I was too busy realising a lifelong dream to be distracted by a girl, no matter how cute."

I like to start ARC reviews by informing you whether you’d like the book or not so you can consider if it’s suitable for you, and you’re not misled by false advertising. Therefore, I’m going to be thorough for this book since quite a few people added it because of me (and I literally hate when people do that then come to me saying they didn’t like it because they
Brittney
Dec 31, 2019 rated it liked it
3.25 / 5 stars

*Thank you Disney Book Group for providing me with this eARC through Netgalley.

Imagine dating a superhero. You finally get to meet and date a beloved hero. You are living everyone’s fantasy. You would also always be protected… right?

Bridgette knows what it’s like to date a superhero. It is isn’t all fun and games. Bridgette understands the reality of coming second to the danger in the world. Bridgette craves some normality in her relationship.

Claire is a superhero fangirl. Claire
Kacey
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and the publishers for a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. My opinion was not affected by the free copy.

I really like superhero stories, and this one is no different. Reading this reminded me a bit of comics in general, and a few titles specifically. I don't want to name them and accidentally spoil things for people. I think in this book, my main criticism is on the world-building. It is done pretty well, but it opens up a whole can of worms that
Kate Waggoner
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
Thank you to NetGalley, Disney Book Group, and Disney-Hyperion for allowing me the opportunity to read an advance copy of Super Adjacent by Crystal Cestari. This young adult book will be published on March 17, 2020.

Claire has wanted to work with superheroes ever since she and her mother were saved by one. Now she's landed a coveted summer internship working for Warrior Nation. She's determined to prove that she fits in and can make a difference even if she doesn't have super powers. Things get a
Kat
#SuperAdjacent #NetGalley
I really enjoyed Super Adjacent, I think young adults will like the self-empowerment message that the book conveys. It is about finding your own method of being a hero. You don't have to be like everyone else.
Jordan
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, bookstore
First book finished in 2020 and it’s a good one such a cute story to start off the year what’s better then super hero’s and Romance also love the LGBTQ rep in this book those are always my favorite.
Todd Duran
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. Super smart and snarky with a superhero edge. very well written
Athena Milbert
Nov 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you Crystal Cestari for giving us Young Adult WLW content that isn’t fake-edgy like so many other YA books are

I can’t wait to read this!
Nathalie
Amanda
Anna
Ammaarah Jacobs
Aug 29, 2019

• One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise
  • Let Me Hear a Rhyme
  • What Not to Do If You Turn Invisible
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • This Side of Home
  • Watchdog
  • Race to the Sun
  • The Twin
  • The Mall
  • The Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights
  • Prairie Lotus
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • The Stonekeeper's Curse (Amulet, #2)
  • The Cloud Searchers (Amulet, #3)
  • The Last Council (Amulet, #4)
  • Masterminds (Masterminds, #1)
Oh hey! Thanks for stopping by!

Writing has been my jam since I was very young. In fact, in fifth grade we filled out a profile declaring what we would be doing as adults. I wrote I wanted to be an author because: "I love reading and stories, and want to share that love." My elementary-school self was very wise, because that sentiment holds true today.

I live just outside Chicago with my daughter.