Start by marking “Hereditary (Holloway Pack, #2.7)” as Want to Read:
Hereditary (Holloway Pack, #2.7)

Hereditary

(Holloway Pack #2.7)

The trouble with one-night stands: you never know who—or what—you’re sleeping with.

~~~

Being a parent isn’t an easy ride. Even more so for single mum Shelley Lewis.
When her thirteen year old son’s hormones kick in, she’s faced with his immense growth, insane sweat, and ridiculous hairiness, not to mention all the normal teenage issues.
Discovering her only son isn’t human on
Kindle Edition
Published (first published July 15th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Hereditary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hereditary

Start your review of Hereditary (Holloway Pack, #2.7)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
As an avid reader of werewolf fiction, I'm always curious to see how an author approaches transformations; personally I prefer the painful change as opposed to the *poof* version, and J.A. Belfield nailed it with this short. Knowing you're going to shift must be scary enough to begin with, but being totally in the dark about what's coming would be downright frightening, and having your equally clueless mother witness the whole ordeal adds a whole other level of crazy to an already loco ...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
INITIAL THOUGHTS
As usual when I hear there's going to be a new Holloway Pack novel or novella it went straight onto my "want to read wishlist" and of course I am looking forward to reading it.

MY REVIEW
I downloaded this one FREE from Smashwords. The cover is very dark, and mysterious. I'd say the byline of "no calm before the storm" fits the main character in this novella, as what is happening to him arrives with very little warning and is a "storm" of emotions and changes. So would I be
Sherry Hoernig
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great little short story to tell of Gabe's beginning as a werewolf. It was a really smooth, fast read, & left me wanting to read the rest of the books in the Holloway Pack series. If you aren't familiar w/the series but like a good paranormal read I highly recommend buying it. If you have read the series, I still recommend buying it & see the beginning for Gabe.......It's free!! Doesn't get much better than that.....
Tina
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Shelley and Gabe

This was nice, detailed short story about how Shelley realized what Gabe was. I liked the "peek" into the beginning of them as well as "seeing" Mia. Shelley deals with it very well in my opinion especially considering she knows nothing about the supernatural.
Sandra "Jeanz"
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
INITIAL THOUGHTS

MY REVIEW
Lola
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hereditary is nice short addition to the Holloway Pack series and it tell the story from Shelby's perspective when her son Gabe starts his transformation into a werewolf.

I really enjoyed this short story and it was nice to learn a bit more about Shelby and Gabe and saw how they dealt with his changes. In the rest of this series, except the first book they don't deal a lot with the first change into a werewolf, so it was nice to see that addressed here. Also because at first Shelby doesn't know
Hollie
short read that leaves you wanting more

Not a whole lot happened in this read considering it was only 27 pages long but it did leave me wanting to jump into this series and learn more. I also appreciate it being offered as a freebie.
Renée
Way to short! I need more!!!!
Charity
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, shifters
Hereditary is a little novella that gives you the backstory for Shelley and Gabe. It should be read between book 2 and 3 so I don't think it should be read as a stand-alone. I liked the insight we see here and how they handled the complete surprise of Gabe changing into a werewolf.
Maghon Thomas
I gotta tell you a little something…. I will not be doing a normal review, because this isn’t your normal novel. This is a novel in Shelley’s, Gabe’s mom, point of view, except it’s the telling of how she had no idea what was happening to her sweet son, and how some crazy changes have made her life a little more complicated. So, with that, I will say just read it. It’s written so well, you’ll think you’re talking to her, and watching her tear up when she talks about Gabe’s pain. And it’ll give ...more
Shelia Barnes
Dec 16, 2017
Sara
Jan 17, 2015
Alessandra
rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2015
Feb 23, 2015
Katie Higgins
Mar 09, 2015
The Holloway Pack: Hereditary 2 4 Jul 14, 2014 09:24AM

• Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters, #1)
  • Keeping Faith (Knights of Sin MC #4)
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Dirty Fairy Tales #1)
  • Lust Hard (Savage Saints MC, #2)
  • Learning to Love (Knights of Sin MC #2)
  • Huge x2 (Huge, #2)
  • Fighting for a Chance (Knights of Sin MC #3)
  • Riggs (The Kings of Retribution MC, Louisiana Chapter #1)
  • Brutal (A Real Man #11)
  • Alpha's Temptation (Bad Boy Alphas, #1)
  • Dare
  • The Wicked Gargoyle (Monstrous Tales, #7)
  • Operation Gargoyle (Monstrous Matchmaker, #6)
  • Trouble (Hell's Heathens MC, #1)
  • Alpha Bully (Wolf Ridge High, #1)
  • Huge Steps (Huge #6)
J.A. Belfield lives in Solihull, England, with the best husband in the world, aka Mr B, a couple of now-adult but cheeky as heck kids, a pooch she treats likes the baby of the house, and a cat that like to vomit in unnecessary places.

Although best known for her erotic romance THE THERAPIST, and the Holloway Pack series: THE WOLF WITHIN, BLUE MOON, CAGED, UNNATURAL, CORNERED, amongst other titles,

Holloway Pack (5 books)
  • Called (Holloway Pack, #1)
  • Lured (Holloway Pack, #2)
  • Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
  • Unnatural (Holloway Pack, #4)
  • Cornered (Holloway Pack, #5)