Start by marking “Fortune's Soldier: Shadow Ops Alpha” as Want to Read:
Fortune's Soldier: Shadow Ops Alpha

Fortune's Soldier: Shadow Ops Alpha

Fortune is a fickle bastard for a soldier, Luke Sinclair knows that more than most.

As a Special Forces Operative he finished his career with an elite British black ops department in Military Intelligence. As tough as it had been, Luke loved his job and his partner, Sam Locke. Sam had once been a US Navy SEAL.

Being a mercenary gives Luke freedom of movement even if he c
Published July 12th 2019 by Mirador Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fortune's Soldier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fortune's Soldier

Start your review of Fortune's Soldier: Shadow Ops Alpha
Simone
***2.5 Stars***

Seems like I have a knack for picking up B-movie scripts lately... :(

I really liked the beginning and I especially liked the idea of two aged heroes who aren't at the top of their game anymore and freely admit it.

What I didn't like is to be thrown smackdown into the middle of a story that gave me a feeling I should have read book #1 first, only that there is no book #1. Yep, I actually searched for it because I was convinced there had to be one and oblivious-me just missed it.
Bo
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one by an author that is brand new to me. I can't say if the military process is accurate, but I did enjoy it. I think this is more of an action oriented with a strong romantic theme than a romance. I would've liked to see more of the past between the MCS, as this was also a second chance romance. I feel like it would've added a depth to the relationship storyline. I wanted to see how they met, and even when and where it fell apart. The ONE thing that was missing for me was ...more
Nat ReadingAllNite
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read the prequel before the novel, it will make it so much better! This had me practically teary.

Reading free prequel! https://claims.prolificworks.com/free...

4.5 action packed stars

This won’t be everyone’s choice as a vehicle for romance but it was sure as hell mine! Military mercenaries/assassins, doing the world’s dirty work behind the scenes is the plot with middle-aged Luke and Sam as lovers to enemies to second chance lovers. Discovering the backstory of their initial romance isn’t easy as details only unfold slowly
Meg
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 🌟

Two things kept me from giving this a full 5 🌟 rating.

• There are a few awkward sentences, but nothing that can't be understood.
• The ease of the "start" of this second chance romance: it was just too easy IMO.

However, this is an action packed, politically charged, story about two "retired" special forces operatives who are getting up in years; at least for combat situations. I absolutely love the fact that the MCs are middle-aged men; there are no
Diane Dannenfeldt
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a new to me author and I can’t read more of her books. We have a story of a British special forces operative turned pay for hire mercenary, Luke and Sam an ex seal. 5 years previously, Sam broke Luke’s heart and betrayed him in the worst possible way. When they are thrown back together for a mission to get the person that was the catalyst for what happened that night, there is anger, hurt and a little bit of hate. We have a really good second chance story set in the desert of Syria while ...more
Ana  Nimity
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A thrill ride from start to finish!
I love action-adventure romance, and this book delivers. Yes, there's a good bit of suspension of disbelief but I do that whenever I pick up a book anyway.

I enjoyed the twist to the second chance trope and appreciated that while there is some hot sex, the MCs don't go overboard with it and stretch credulity too far. There's surprisingly sweet romance as well as fun banter along with the action that ratchets up tension with every chapter. This was my first ti
R
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sam and Luke, soldiers, partners in love and war. Till Sam makes a mistake and tears them apart. Five years later they are tasked with another mission together. Getting through it is hell but getting another chance at being together makes it worth everything they have to do.

I know nothing about ordnance so can’t speak to the authenticity of that part of the book. But the writing was well done and I will be looking for more from this author.

I love action books, throw in a
Patricia Nelson
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic, action packed, fast paced, intense, gripping, gritty, fascinating, slow burning, raw, adrenaline soaked, taut, tension filled, powerful, and totally awesome tale hit the ground running and never slowed down. It's filled with mystery, mayhem, terrorists, betrayal, badass female bosses, lovers-to-enemies-to-lovers again, mercenaries, chases, and more twists and turns than a roller coaster. IMHO, this new-to-me author gives authors like L.T. Ryan and Tom Clancy a real run for the mo ...more
Maria771
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Lukecand Sam. This is a first time author for me and I would read her again. I would definitely suggest that you read the prequel first before you read this book. The author takes you on an incredible adventure. It is very descriptive and has a real feeling to it even though somevofvthe stunts are unbelievable. Loved the age of them. Geat read.

I received this book as an Arc and I am reviewing it voluntarily.
Nichole
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is action packed from the beginning all the way to the last pages of the book. If you love a good solider story this one is for you. Two strong alpha characters come together to make a go of it again. Not only do you have a little second chance romance, you have some gay-for-you telling. I also love that some of the side characters are strong as hell women too. I hope this author writes more as this book had me gripped and quickly turning pages to see what came next!
Violet  Marshall
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
A compelling book with good writing. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters intriguing. The characters were developed and thought out. Luke and Sam are the MC’s of this book. It wasn’t a perfect book, but I can recommend it as a good read. I voluntarily read an advance copy of this book for an honest review.
Daniel
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bloody hell, what a book

Sarah luddington has done for special ops what she so brilliantly did for the knights of Camelot. A brilliant read with interesting characters you care about from chapter one. Can't wait for book 2 ( hint hint).
Av
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A grand yarn and a big romance.

Sarah's work is always good but this one is special. Just loved these guys and I felt I was with them every step of the way.
Michele Alexa
Nov 06, 2019
Faye
Nov 07, 2019
Amanda
rated it did not like it
Jul 14, 2019
Georgette
Aug 09, 2019
Paul Andrew LeBeau
Aug 12, 2019
Katrina
Aug 03, 2019

• Dine with Me
  • The Marshal's PI (Yours to Protect: Book Two)
  • Tallowwood
  • Fractured Truth (Consequences of a Sin, #1)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • Long Way Home
  • Temporary Insanity (Temporary: Paul and Indy #1)
  • Luck of the Ship (Valentine's Inc. Cruises, #5)
  • Dominated but not  Subdued (La Trattoria Di Amore, #2)
  • Hard Hart (Hart's Bay #1)
  • Reveal (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 4, #4)
  • His First Touch
  • Rise (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 4, #5)
  • Resonance (Rhythm of Love #2)
  • Happy for You (Love & Family #3)
  • Rescue (Men of Hidden Creek - Season 4, #3)
  • Little Red (Big Bad Wolves #1)
Sarah Luddington is the author of historical gay romance and contemporary gay romance. She is a gay rights activist, holds three martial arts black belts, a degree in Medieval History and far too many dogs. She lives on a mountain in Spain and in her spare time writes and reads LGBTQ fiction.

Come and visit her website at www.romanticadventures.net or Facebook for more information. She always welcomes contact with her read