Start by marking “The Rescue (All Roads Lead to Texas Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Rescue (All Roads Lead to Texas Book 1)

The Rescue (All Roads Lead to Texas Book 1)

Sometimes the path to freedom is found in an unexpected future.

Upon the death of her mother, Rosalind Standford’s life shatters, the pieces scattering to the wind when she is forced into a betrothal to a cunning banker. But when a telegram arrives announcing the man who captured her heart is on a train to Boston, Rosalind must hide her true feelings before the thin cord
Published September 2nd 2019 by All Roads Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Rescue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rescue

MJSH
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
"The way to have faith is to step out, forgetting about your fears and doubts, and to trust God that whatever happens, He will be there."

Such a soul-searching, emotional, faith-laden historical romance from Tanya Eavenson! The setting is in the late 1880s between Boston and Graham, Texas as Rosalind finds herself trapped in a sacrifice for her family and Trenton feels helpless to free her from this trap. The two grew up together in Boston and fell in love but Trenton's family moves to Texas to b
Jolene
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first, I didn’t think I would like The Rescue by Tanya Eavenson. Near the beginning, the characters’ conversations sometimes felt unnatural and I wished certain scenes had been fleshed out more. I wanted to linger in the moment to read more about what the characters were thinking and feeling, but it moved on quickly.

However... it turned out that I loved reading The Rescue by Tanya Eavenson! There’s danger, romance, and a good storyline. With ease, the novel held my attention. While I found th
Suzie Waltner
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
With settings in Boston, Texas, and the train ride in between, a vile villain, a friends-to-more second chance romance, and a darling little girl, Tanya Eavenson makes a big splash with the All Roads Lead to Texas series debut.

There’s a little something for every reader in this historical read: romance, danger, suspense, cowboys, and a happy ending. But what really stood out for me in this book was the theme that even when God doesn’t answer our prayers or we feel completely alone in the world,
Marie Pinkham
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of those times I did not want to see "The End" - the story was that good. From the get-go, I furiously turned the pages to see what came next. It kept me reading most of the day, only stopping when something else needed my attention, and late into the night until sleep made me stop to put the book down! Rosalind and Trent's story is suspenseful, romantic and full of wonderful (and some evil) characters. The author weaves hope in God, and His love and care for us, seamlessly into the ...more
Randi Sampson
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh, what a way to kick off the new All Roads Lead To Texas series. After finishing The Rescue, I cannot wait to read even more!

To be honest, this wasn't one that captured me from the start. In fact, it took me a bit to get into it at the beginning. There was a time jump between the first few chapters and I think for me that threw me off and I had to get that timeline straight before I could really appreciate the story more. I see why it was written in this way--- we needed to have that history
Pam
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Promised by her father to marry a much older and in my opinion truly evil man who held an unpayable debt over her father’s head, Rosalind Standford had no hope for her life. The man she has loved her entire life has returned to Boston but Rosalind must keep her circumstances secret from him at all costs and pretend she no longer cares for him.

The Rescue held my attention from its beginning until the end. Trent Easton was a true hero in every sense and quickly caught on to the danger that threate
Ashley
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful read that wonderfully showcases God's everlasting love!

Tanya Eavenson is one of my favorite authors and to say I was excited for her new book is an understatement. It did not disappoint and is, in fact, a new favorite.

I loved everything about it. I was fully consumed from page one and as I got further and further into the story, it became increasingly more difficult to put it down. I found myself losing all track of time. There was a good deal of suspense that had my anxiety hi
Bhriv
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed The Rescue by Tanya Eavenson.
This historical has a touch of suspense along with romance. Loved how Eavenson took us on the trip from Boston to TX. with unexpected turns all along the way...much like life! Ps 37 was mentioned in the story...one of my favorite scriptures.
I could feel the hopelessness of Rosalind as she looked toward her future after her mother's death.
I loved how Trent was such a good guy. But just because you're the good guy, it doesn't mean you get what you
Amanda  H
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There is more to this story than just a pretty cover! I enjoyed that there is mystery in this romance, with people carrying their secrets and not having the chance to be honest with one another. When Rosalind and Trent are thrown together once again, secrets begin to unravel. I enjoyed the characters and that there is plenty going on with the story! I also like the journey that Rosalind and Trent go on, and the lessons on forgiveness they learn along the way. This is a delightful story!
I receiv
Abigail Harris
My Review of The Rescue by Tanya Eavenson:

I have been waiting to read this book since I heard about it a few months ago. And when I saw that it was on tour with JustReads tours I was so excited, this is a wonderfully beautiful story of two people who were in love and were separated.
I enjoyed the romance and especially the faith of the characters, the writing style was perfect and I felt like I was there with the characters every step of the way.

Forgiveness was a big part of this book and I loved
Brittany
The Rescue was a great introduction to what looks to be a compelling series. I so enjoyed this heartfelt story! Rosalind and Trent were such likable characters and my heart ached for the pain that Rosalind was suffering, both emotional and physical.

The Rescue was aptly titled! I loved the way Trent rescued Rosalind and it was interesting to watch as it took Rosalind quite a long time to realize that God was rescuing her all along, as well, even when she didn’t realize it.

There was so much heart
Ann
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful start to a new series! The story is as beautiful as the cover! This book has drama, suspense and romance and will keep you turning the pages to see what happens next. You can feel God's love and care in this story. I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
Danie walther
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book sounds amazing, and the cover of this book is just so beautiful
Erin
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: justread-tours
My Thoughts on The Rescue:
So good. I loved this one. It reads quickly and the characters are very compelling. I had to know what would happen next and how it would end up. Definitely one of those books that I can’t put down and will stay up way too late to read. Which might have happened. But I’m not sorry, just in need of about a pot of coffee and bribery to get my children to take naps today.

The author has a great writing style that just captures you and weaves the story into your being so you
Marilyn
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shirley Chapel, Carolyn Ridgway
The Rescue is appropriately titled with the phenomenal story within its pages. This initial book in Tanya Eavenson new series, All Roads Lead to Texas, drew me into the lives of the characters with all the action, travel, mystery, romance, faith, descriptive flow of words and setting from Boston to Texas.

Rosalind Standford suffered greatly when her long time friend Trenton Easton left Boston with his family for Texas. She felt her life crumble even more without her mother and the behavior of he
Tammy Rolle
Janet R. Everett
Teresa
Beatrice
Sep 08, 2019
Tanya Eavenson enjoys spending time with her husband, and their three children. Her favorite pastime is grabbing a cup of coffee, eating chocolate, and reading a good book. Tanya is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers.
“The way to have faith is to step out, forgetting about your fears and doubts, and to trust God that whatever happens, He will be there.” 1 likes