Start by marking “The Honey-Don't List” as Want to Read:
The Honey-Don't List

The Honey-Don't List

Carey Douglas has worked for home remodeling and design gurus Melissa and Rusty Tripp for nearly a decade. A country girl at heart, Carey started in their first store at sixteen, and—more than anyone would suspect—has helped them build an empire. With a new show and a book about to launch, the Tripps are on the verge of superstardom. There’s only one problem: America’s ...more
Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Gallery Books (first published March 10th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Honey-Don't List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honey-Don't List

Start your review of The Honey-Don't List
Warda
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
They’re back at it again.
This’ll be an easy preorder.

Get in me basket you!
Tucker
Jul 19, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[10/17/19] - this cover is not as creative as i hoped it would be

***************

[9/15/19] - I really hope this one ends up being better than Twice In A Blue Moon

***************

just kidding. keep 'em coming.

i've already gotten myself placed on the mailing list

SLOW DOWN

I HAVEN'T EVEN READ Twice in a Blue Moon YET

I NEED MORE TIME
✨ A ✨
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
“... a delightfully charming love story about what happens when two assistants tasked with keeping a rocky relationship from explosion start to feel sparks of their own.”

Yes, thank you very much. This is exactly the content I need!!
☆ sana ☆
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“are you suggesting it’s possible i’m smarter than you?”
“oh, i know you are.” i run my nose along her neck, taste the salt on her skin. “plus, think of all the experiences you’ve had that most people haven’t.”
“like skinny-dipping?” i feel her smile.
“rub it in.”
her fingers move to my hair. “we have time.”

it’s so very easy for me to give this book 5 stars. this was so sweet, soft, and light with a perfect ending and has definitely become one of my favorite reads from christina lauren! i can’t
Bonnie
Yeah, I draw the fucking line when the woman is blamed for her man cheating.

Sana
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as anti-library  ·  review of another edition
Not the biggest fan of the cover since it's pretty underwhelming, BUT I HAVE THE ARC EEEEEE

---------------------

This sounds kinda like a reverse Set It Up (not that I've watched the movie yet) so all here for it! (Also, I just love that Gallery Books bought three titles from the duo because auto approved on Edelweiss, eeee)
Ky  Baeza
Nov 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My favorite romance duo is back and I cannot wait to read this!!!
Nina
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020
AHHHHH IM SO EXCITED
The Honey-Don't List was one of my most anticipated reads of early 2020. So I was beyond excited to get to read it. This book is sort of a combination of Chick Lit, contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

The book alternates between two first person narrators: Carey (female- 26) and James (studied to be an engineer).

The book has two interesting narrators. But much of the story is focused on another couple: Melissa/Melly and Rusty Tripp. They are the co-owners of a home decor store/brand Comb +
sanna ♡
Oct 07, 2019 marked it as unreleased
1) Autoboyography
2) Hazel and Josh guide to not dating
3) The Unhoneymooners

**********
15 October 2019
So it now has a cover... I’m not the biggest fan BUT don’t judge a book by its cover.
**********
7 October 2019
so this book does not have a cover currently. It has a release date actually, 24 March 2020. It also has an description which caught my attention. I really like Christina Lauren’s books. I REALLY liked The Honeymooners. That book was both cute and funny. I love Ethan.
Eli
Sep 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
sounds like set it up so I'm ready
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Ooooooohhhh!!!!!
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So.

This was a solid romance with a solid storyline and solid characters. That being said, I didn’t LOVE it. I am SO bummed out to be saying that and it’s another reason why I wanted to put this review off until later. The last few Christina Lauren books have not left me obsessed and it breaks my heart. I feel like their actual writing is so solid and still has me laughing and shivering with all the ~feels~ so often but there’s just something missing that I can’t quite put my finger on.

This book
mahana
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
review on my blog

"I want to make her life better by being the best thing in it."

I’ve read every single adult romance release from Christina Lauren, and this is the first time I’ve disliked one since Beautiful Bastard (which is understandable since it was fanfiction and their first book). I probably won’t even be able to articulate why I didn’t enjoy this, but it’s fundamentally not a book meant for me.

Carey has worked for Melissa and Rusty Tripp for ten years, often having her design and
mith
My guuuuy. This has one of the cutest couples EVER, I die.
Tiffany
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Edelweiss+ and the publisher for a review copy of this book.

As both a Christina Lauren and HGTV fan, this book was the best of both worlds for me. Our main characters are assistants to a married couple, famous via their HGTV show (think the married couple behind Fixer Upper). Carey has been with the couple since she was a teenager, before they were famous, and they are like second family to her- even if they treat her terribly. James was never supposed to be an assistant. He was
Jessica Peace
I would read CLo’s grocery lists, I swear to you. This was such an adorable story from start to finish. I also love how this included interviews, tweets, and articles within it to give the book a little more depth. While this isn’t a 5 star read, it is an easy 4.5, which I would round down to a 4. I cannot wait for their next book!
Cassandra
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Who is excited?

Me.

I am excited.
Heather H.
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was pretty cute! I don’t know if I enjoyed it as much as The Honeymooners but it was still a great read!
caitlin
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Review copy courtesy of Edelweiss.

I can just picture this book in a People magazine ready for vacation reading. This book will be perfect for gossip readers: Christina Lauren fictionalizes a couple super-famous for interior design who are imploding behind the scenes (insert HGTV couple of your imagination here). The book switches between the perspectives of their suffering assistants: one who has been working with them since she was a teen, and another recently hired to be an engineer who didn’t
Sherry
***Thank you to NetGalley, Gallery Books and Christina Lauren. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book. All opinions are my own.***

The Honey-Don't List, by Christina Lauren, was right up my alley given my love of home improvement shows and everything these authors write. Carey and James are assistants to Melissa and Rusty Tripp, respectively. The Tripps, famous for their remodeling show and books, are heading out on a book tour for their new book on marriage, and the cracks in their
Kathryn Robb
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get an early copy of The Honey Don’t List because I’m a huge Christina Lauren fan, and I can’t tell you, with that happy glow you get after finishing one of their novels, that this one does not disappoint.

Like, Twice in a Blue Moon, the romance is a major focal point of the plot, but there’s a lot of story wrapped up in the secondary characters and forces outside the couple. You would probably classify this book more as women’s fiction than romance. In fact, the romance wasn
Kathryn Robb
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Erin
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’ve ever looked at the super-sweet, shiplapped-folksy design duo of Chip and Joanna Gaines and wondered if things are really so country-chic perfect behind the scenes of Fixer Upper, this is the book for you. Melissa and Rusty Tripp are the famous couple and design gurus with their own media empire. The world loves their HGTV show, their interior decorating books, and their adorable and long-lasting marriage.

Only a few know the truth, including Melly’s longtime assistant, Carey, and Rusty
Shoshana G
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I've said this before and I'll say it again: contemporary romance is one of the hardest genres to pull off. Readers know a HEA is coming, unlike in other genres where the ending isn't guaranteed, which makes believable plot machinations that aren't too predictable or too stupid hard. It can be hard to generate conflict between characters that's believable and keeps you rooting for the ending. Christina Lauren are great at finding the plot and pulling it off!

Carey has worked for Melly and Rusty,
Jamie
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let's get this out of the way: I am utterly convinced that Christina Lauren play by a "one for you, one for me" system, in which they alternate coming up with the basic premise of their books. And whichever one of them likes the melodrama disappoints me every time, while the one who likes the real fun and the comedy in your romcom makes me absolutely giddy. And The Honey-Don't List, thank God, is the latter.

I really loved this - the banter, the playfulness, the shade towards the HGTV reality
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina Lauren's newest book focuses on the put-upon assistants of the Tripp renovation empire as the foursome tour the Tripp's newest book about marital bliss.
In this story, I was more taken with the Tripps; what fame and social media "branding" did to their relationships and self-perception than Carey and James' strides toward coupledom. That said, Carey and James still had an interesting story, and the way their career choices and Carey's chronic illness impacted their lives both
Caryn {iam.caryn}
This may just be my new favourite book by Christina Lauren. And by new favourite, I mean it’s in second place after Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating because that will likely always be my number one.

I got so completely lost in this book. I actually did a small pout when I reached the end because I wasn’t even slightly ready for it to be over.

Just like a typical Christina Lauren book, this has their signature humour that makes you constantly laugh out loud, a naturally building attraction
Cora
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-stories
Hooray! This book takes its place in the top 3 of my favorite Christina Lauren books. It’s funny and sweet and poignant. Despite the chaotic uncertainty that surrounds them and their mission to try to hold the Tripp’s public personas together, the conflict mostly takes place outside of the relationship Carey and James are building, which gave the book a less angst-ridden feeling than some. Rusty and Melissa are vivid, but a little cartoon like - also, it’s hard not to picture Chip and Joanna ...more
jessica
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
okay. so. this isnt quite like any other CL novel ive read before. when picking up a CL book, ive come to except either a really funny story or a really touching story. and this is neither. this is pleasant enough, but its missing that classic CL charm that i have come to know and love.

and although i didnt quite fall in love with this, there is still much that i enjoyed. the writing is nice, the story is well paced, and the plot is unique. its also really refreshing to read some of the story

• In Five Years
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • The Wives
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Mall
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • The Authenticity Project
  • Minor Dramas & Other Catastrophes
  • If I Never Met You
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • On the Corner of Love and Hate (Hopeless Romantics, #1)
  • Just Breathe
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more