Start by marking “The Honey-Don't List” as Want to Read:
The Honey-Don't List

The Honey-Don't List

Carey Douglas has worked for home remodeling and design gurus Melissa and Rusty Tripp for nearly a decade. A country girl at heart, Carey started in their first store at sixteen, and—more than anyone would suspect—has helped them build an empire. With a new show and a book about to launch, the Tripps are on the verge of superstardom. There’s only one problem: America’s ...more
Expected publication: March 24th 2020 by Gallery Books (first published March 10th 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Honey-Don't List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Honey-Don't List

Start your review of The Honey-Don't List
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Oh yesssss. I got one of my favorite romance duo’s books and celebrating with happy dance (I made a change and forced my mother in law and husband dance for me this time which was pathetic experience. They don’t know what the meaning of rhythm is!!!) but well, I got a little disappointed from my read. This is definitely not what I was invested for….

FACTS ABOUT THE BOOK:

You want to send friend requests to those beautiful characters and wear BFF bracelets:

Lately I read “Twice in a Blue Moon” and I
jessica
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
okay. so. this isnt quite like any other CL novel ive read before. when picking up a CL book, ive come to except either a really funny story or a really touching story. and this is neither. this is pleasant enough, but its missing that classic CL charm that i have come to know and love.

and although i didnt quite fall in love with this, there is still much that i enjoyed. the writing is nice, the story is well paced, and the plot is unique (perfect for fans of chip and joanna gaines!). its also
Tucker
Jul 19, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr
Shelves: reviewed
[10/17/19] - this cover is not as creative as i hoped it would be

***************

[9/15/19] - I really hope this one ends up being better than Twice In A Blue Moon

***************

just kidding. keep 'em coming.

i've already gotten myself placed on the mailing list

SLOW DOWN

I HAVEN'T EVEN READ Twice in a Blue Moon YET

I NEED MORE TIME

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Warda
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
They’re back at it again.
This’ll be an easy preorder.

Get in me basket you!
Chelsea Humphrey
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Chelsea by: Gallery Books
What I picture Christina + Lauren looking like every time they turn in a new manuscript:

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
✨ A ✨
Jul 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-release
“... a delightfully charming love story about what happens when two assistants tasked with keeping a rocky relationship from explosion start to feel sparks of their own.”

Yes, thank you very much. This is exactly the content I need!!
Kendall
okay....so.... this isn't quite like any CL book that I've picked up (insert hands up emoji here). I've come to expect either extremely sweet touching story or something with humor at it's finest. The Honey-Don't List was a huge disappointment for me and is missing the special CL touch I love!

Carey has worked for Melissa and Rusty Tripp for 10 years, frequently having her design and remodeling work go uncredited by her employer. James is a newly hire that is an engineer who is supposed to help
Corina
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler) ...more
SHIRLEY ♡
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really hope these two women never stop writting!

This book was really sweet, light and funny. The characters were so cute and hillarious that it was imposible not to fall in love in love with them or at least like them.

When I started this book, I thought that it was gonna similar to the movie called ‘set it up’ but the only thing that they have in common is that the main characters are assistant.

Overall, this a good book. I really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read more books by these women
Bonnie
Oct 25, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-edelweiss
DNF @ 23%

I’ve read a ton of Christina Lauren books and my ratings have gone steadily down with each new release, however, this is my first official DNF. I just couldn’t do it. This one rubbed me the wrong way right from the beginning with how similar the plot was to Chip and Joanna Gaines and their home improvement show, Fixer Upper. In The Honey-Don’t List, they’re Rusty and Melissa, with their home improvement show and their perfect life… except it’s all a lie. I don’t know, for me, it felt
☆ sana ☆
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was so sweet, soft, and light with a perfect ending and has definitely become one of my favorite reads from christina lauren! i can’t wait to talk more about it.
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
They just write such amazing stories and here is another one!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you ever had a job that consumed you? One where you felt like you had no personal time to yourself? One where you ate, slept, and breathed work?

If so, you are going to relate so much to this new story!

In a story reminiscent of some popular TV shows, this crazy book really makes you thank goodness you do not have a boss like James and Carey suffer through. So it is alllllmost natural that these two find
Hollis
I know, I know, you might be saying to yourself, but Hollis, didn’t you say in your last CLo read that you were no longer going to be requesting their advanced copies after so many disappointments? And yes, you would be correct. And this time I swear I mean it.

The concept of THE HONEY-DON’T LIST feels like a CLo take on the Netflix movie Set It Up and honestly that’s why I grabbed at this one, all excited, despite my best intentions. Because I loved that movie and wanted this duo’s twist to make
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
So.

This was a solid romance with a solid storyline and solid characters. That being said, I didn’t LOVE it. I am SO bummed out to be saying that and it’s another reason why I wanted to put this review off until later. The last few Christina Lauren books have not left me obsessed and it breaks my heart. I feel like their actual writing is so solid and still has me laughing and shivering with all the ~feels~ so often but there’s just something missing that I can’t quite put my finger on.

This book
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Their last past books have not been my ultimate favorite, but this synopsis sounds like a winner and I am so excited to finally start it...

ARC galley kindly provided by Gallery Books in exchange for an honest review, coming closer to release date...

Instagram Facebook Twitter
Emma
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

I'm so happy to say that I could totally see Christina Lauren working their magic in this new upcoming novel! The sparks were flying between Carey and James, the two main characters. I really liked their personalities and how good they were at helping each other out.
The storyline was also quite interesting and pretty unique: it's not everyday that you read about the failing marriage of two home
The Honey-Don't List was one of my most anticipated reads of early 2020. So I was beyond excited to get to read it. This book is sort of a combination of Chick Lit, contemporary romance and romantic comedy.

The book alternates between two first person narrators: Carey (female- 26) and James (studied to be an engineer).

The book has two interesting narrators. But much of the story is focused on another couple: Melissa/Melly and Rusty Tripp. They are the co-owners of a home decor store/brand Comb +
Jamie beauty_andthebook_
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Dynamic Duo is BACK!!! Christina Lauren returns in 2020 with a romance on set of a reality TV fixer upper show - a la Chip & Joanna Gaines - but the catch here? The stars are not the romance pairing, it's their assistants! Carey & James are trying to get by and make names for themselves, despite their respective bosses behaving very badly and somewhere along the way, sparks begin to fly.

The Honey Don't List is more of a contemporary romance than a romantic comedy, it has heart,
Fall-Out-Book-Nerd
First impression is that not what I expected at all.

Full review to come closer to release date.

Amy (TheSouthernGirlReads)
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Gallery and Netgalley for my review copy .

What do you say about the dynamic duo that hasn’t already been said? Seriously what?

I loved The Honey Don’t-List. When I need a vehicle to dive out of my life and into another...CL is always the way. Their characters become real people to me. I loved that this time with THD-L...we were introduced to some truly unlikeable characters.

This book brings us a different format all together. The assistants of the most famous DIY reality tv couples
Sana
Jul 11, 2019 marked it as anti-library  ·  review of another edition
Not the biggest fan of the cover since it's pretty underwhelming, BUT I HAVE THE ARC EEEEEE

---------------------

This sounds kinda like a reverse Set It Up (not that I've watched the movie yet) so all here for it! (Also, I just love that Gallery Books bought three titles from the duo because auto approved on Edelweiss, eeee)
AC Book Blog
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Co-workers-turn-lovers romance 3.5 stars

Carey (a long-term employee) and James (MIT graduate and engineering genius) are both working for Melissa and Rusty Tripp. They have been working hard to help the bosses launch a new relationship book and a TV show. Carey and James are overworked, tired and at the end of their rope. Just when Carey and James thought they have a little break once the bosses get on the road, they were told they needed to accompany them. Let the roller coaster trip begins …
 Vanessa  B. ☽♡
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
I have come to realise that Christina Lauren books are always great fun. Personally, I have read most of their stand-alone and honestly, I always have a good time reading them. They are solid good books with funny stories, cute romances and most of the times nice characters. This was once again very entertaining and the story really nice. I really liked James and Carey, but I got very angry with Melissa and how she treated everyone.
Kristi
I’m a little embarrassed to admit that this is my first book by the authors Christina Lauren! I’m also kicking myself because I enjoyed it so much! Christina Lauren will be on my auto-read list from here on out!

The Honey-Don’t List is quirky and compelling with an exceptional writing style. Starting in the present with a police interview alternating between the two narrators of the book, James and Carey, it moves on to past history that brought me to the present. James and Carey work for a
julie
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Amy
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review closer to pub day!
Ky  Baeza
Nov 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My favorite romance duo is back and I cannot wait to read this!!!
Nina
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Ooooooohhhh!!!!!
Tuddi
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This CL book is different then all of the other CL's I've read and if anything, I think I love it even more!

This story is unique to the contemporary/romance genre and the world they've created is wonderful! The Chip and Joanna nods will make this book an easy recommendation for friends and a definite preorder!

I loved that this story was focused around the people, around their relationship with others and that the backbone wasn't just about the physical. It made you take a deeper look at the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • In Five Years
  • You Are Not Alone
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • To Have and to Hoax
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
  • If I Never Met You
  • A Sweet Mess
  • My Best Friend’s Royal Wedding
  • Love Lettering
  • The Two Lives of Lydia Bird
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more