Start by marking “Gudetama: Love for the Lazy” as Want to Read:
Gudetama: Love for the Lazy

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy is inspired by the worldwide hit Sanrio character and animated series star!

Dating is exhausting, so let's take a lighthearted approach to exploring it with Gudetama, everyone's favorite grumpy egg! From navigating first-date smalltalk to recovering from being dumped, Gudetama is your guide to finding love...even when you're lazy.

Sanrio is the
Published January 14th 2020 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Gudetama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gudetama

Start your review of Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

This is so cute. I first got into Gudetama after watching Vox's YouTube video, How a melancholy egg yolk conquered Japan. Here in the U.S., we only really have one kind of cute: the kind that conjures up images of big-eyed, childish innocence, but Japan's different kinds of cute are more textured, with dark or even sad nuances that our kind doesn't have.

Gudetama is a cranky, cantankerous egg yolk that just wants to be lazy. Sometimes he's
Elyse  Walters
Dec 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m new to these Sanrio characters.
These vignette stories give- ‘eggsactly’ the helpful advice their human egghead friends needs. They aim to make humans smile.

It takes a cartoon-figure-animated-egg-yolk to shine the light- on
eating- sleeping - loneliness- dating tips....breakups - and solutions....
Most important advice: Naps make all problems look better. ..

Adorable-colorful- eye-catching illustrations.

Recommended to my egghead spirited-friends!

Great-choice gift-book for our little munchkin
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
The artwork in this was (while not to my personal taste) well done and fun, but the short dating tips were just not all that funny or relatable. I know Gudetama is meant to be lazy, but this egg is kind of just a jerk in this book...

Thank you Netgalley and Oni Press for the advance copy, which was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Natalie
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

This is a cute book and the artwork is very bright and eyecatching. The book reads like a graphic novel but the humour just wasn't to my taste really.
This is the first of this series I have tried so maybe its just my taste, but if you have read others in this series i am sure you will enjoy it.
Kelly Long
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book has cute illustrations but the comics themselves fell flat to me. It's a quick read and not a complete waste of time.
Deanne Patterson
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Deanne by: cnnamongirl@aol.com
Sanrio is the home to many "pop icons including Hello Kitty, and home to many other beloved character brands including Chococat, My Melody, Badtz-Maru, Keroppi, Gudetama and Aggretsuko." Gudetama is everyone's favorite grumpy egg .
Colorful, eye-catching illustrations and you're definitely going to want to read the dating advice Gudetama has, it's lighthearted and funny.

Expected publication: January 14th 2020 by Oni Press
I was given a complimentary copy. Thank you.
All opinions expressed are my
Amber
Dec 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This book is perfect for Gudetama fans!

The art is beautiful and colorful. Meanwhile, the story line is funny and easy to relate to if you have ever had mishaps in love. This story basically revolves around our funny little fried egg giving out advice on love. This advice is not always good or coherent but there are some nuggets of wisdom scattered throughout.

Don’t read this with any expectation to get love advice though, it’s mainly just a lighthearted and funny read.

Loved this and would like
Mehsi
I received this comic from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

I love Gudetama, the cute lazy egg, so I couldn’t resist this comic when I saw it. I first thought it was manga, given it is Gudetama, but it is a comic. But since I didn’t know that when I started I read the manga way and was quickly finding out I should just read it the normal book way.

In this book we meet our lazy egg, Gudetama and see him help out various people with problems in love. Like the guy who looks normal but has
Jinghay (TheSecretNoceur)
{I received a copy of this comic on Netgalley in return for an honest review.}

'Gudetama' is a cute graphic novel that follows the Sanrio characters, Gudetama and Nisetama, as they give light-hearted dating advice to different characters.

I really enjoyed reading this comic and I thought the artwork was absolutely adorable. Gudetama is probably one of my all time favourite Sanrio characters- so seeing a comic book for him was honestly amazing, (I wish there were more!)

And despite the fact that
amanda
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Happy New Year!! Coming into a new decade we need to start with a stunner of a book and what else says WOW then Gudetama??? And even better a Gudetama DATING GUIDE. Just in time for Valentines Day too.

Sick of dating apps? Want to mingle with real people in real time? Never fear, Gudetama is here.

Kind of sucky with the lads/ladies? Do you blurt out innapropriate things at the wrong time? Are you just a wee bit obsessed with murder and conspiracy theories? Uh, one can never be FYI. BUT, if you
Etienne
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was so far from my taste... I didn't enjoy it at all. The art was interesting but the «story» and the humor were far away from what might have like and laugh at. Not for me!
Morris
The comics in this volume were hit or miss for me. I did enjoy the vibrant illustrations, though. I’m sure many readers, especially those involved in online dating, will enjoy this.

This unbiased review is based on a complimentary copy provided by the publisher.
Tzipora
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gudetama, for those who don’t know, is an adorable little animated egg yolk who is known for his laziness (he’s often lounging on or napping on his pillow-like egg whites, or cuddled under a strip of bacon!) and his gluttony- little yolk bro loves to eat! He’s a very popular and silly Japanese character created by Sanrio, the folks who brought us Hello Kitty. In this little book Gudetama begrudgingly- because hey I did say he’s lazy- answers people’s relationship questions.

I thought it was an
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Jan 04, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arcs, netgalley, comics
Having only peripherally known about Gudetama, the lazy egg, which I felt I could totally identify with, I gave this ARC a chance and it just wasn't for me. Gudetama helps people find love, but it feels cliched and boring and not about Gudetama. And I don't want to mention Nisetama, the weird leotard wearing overly hyper matchmaker, but I must because, a) creepy and b) even more creepy. This was just not for me.
Annie
Dec 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy is a sweetly silly and surprisingly spot-on look at dating and love advice from an anthropomorphic lazy egg-yolk named Gudetama. Due out 14th Jan 2020 from Oni Press, it's 48 full color pages and will be available in ebook/comiXology and hardcover formats.

I love upbeat positive silly situational comics. These are very short 1-3 page vignette stories about dating and related advice with Gudetama and his
Kelly
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
"Likes: Sleeping, Chilling, Eating"

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through NetGalley.)

So, I'm not gonna lie: I'd never heard of the Sanrio character Gudetama before this title popped up on NetGalley. But how could I turn down love advice from a lazy, grumpy, chubby egg (alternately hard boiled and fried, it seems) with a butt that just won't quit?

While Gudetma is unexpectedly adorable, the rest of the artwork just isn't my bag. There's just something about human faces
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This e/arc was kindly gifted to me by Oni Press and Netgalley so thank you to them, despite this I will be giving you my own honest thoughts and feelings on this comic.

In this we're following Gudetama, who is a very tired and pretty grumpy egg. I believe there are more books featuring Gudetama including his guide to life; this one was a guide to love and dating. That's right guys, dating advice from an egg.

This strip had both positives and negatives to me. I don't think I completely got it; not
Jill Jemmett
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Gudetama is a character that was created by Sanrio, the company who created Hello Kitty. Gudetama is an egg yolk, who is extremely lazy. He doesn’t want to get up and he often doesn’t even want to speak. He would like to just go to sleep.

In this story, Gudetama gives relationship advice to people who need help. They all have different problems with finding love. Gudetama often accompanied these people on their dates, but he wasn’t much help. He is quite lazy and uninterested in life, so his
Elizabeth
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Gudetama. I don't remember exactly when I learned about my favorite lazy egg, but I've been a fan for at least the past two years. Gudetama: Love for the Lazy is hilarious, heartwarming, and surprisingly full of good dating advice. Gudetama and his buddy Nisetama are trying to help people find love. Through a series of short stories, Gudetama helps various hapless singles find romance. The advice that is given, for the most part, is pretty solid dating advice. This would be a great gift ...more
DeAnne
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*I received a copy of this book from Oni Press on Netgalley.

If you love Gudetama or Sanrio in general you should definitely check this one out. This features Gudetama and his friend as they give people advice on different dilemmas in relationships. Often the solutions are comical and more lazy, which is on brand for Gudetama.

I went into this expected something with bright and vivid colors and snappy stories that would make me laugh - and I was not disappointed. It was uplifting and funny, plus
Stacie
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this title from the publisher through NetGalley.

I love Gudetama. He is me and I am he. I was so excited to see this little book pop up on NetGalley and even more so when my wish was granted!

This is a really fun comic book featuring our favorite lazy egg. I was a little surprised that it was set up as a dating service, but it was still a ton of fun.

This book will probably be a little odd if you're not familiar with Gudetama (a talking egg and his egg-dressed
Jenna R
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
**I was provided an electronic ARC by the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for honest review.**

Gudetama: Love for the Lazy follows Gudetama as it gives advice to multiple individuals looking for love. The advice Gudetama gives is not always the best, which leads to comedic situations for everyone involved.

The art style is bright, vibrant, and comedic, but I did not find myself overly invested in the storylines that were written.

Overall, I was left a little lukewarm, but would still be
Kristine
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gudetama: Love for the Lazy by Wook-Jin Clark is a free NetGalley e-comicbook that I read in mid-December.

Gutetama and Nicetama, the egg’s yolk-hued spritelike sidekick, take a lazy, yet socially cohesive perspective as they remain semi-tuned into the frantic, desperate pleas from humans to help them find love. Plus, the quick little insets on the meaning behind certain gifts and getting past a breakup are super cute.
Clara
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I had seen a of Gudetama merchandise in my local shopping centre I had no idea who he was but now after reading this book I'll admit i'm a fan.

The illustrations are really bright and eye catching and the story is really fun. I found it to be a great introduction to this character for me and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more in the future.
Jacolise
Jan 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.
Not for me, but....
This was a fast and funny read. I don't often read comics and the main character has always been a bit strange to me. Not my kind of genre, but gave it a try. If you are a Gudetama and comic fan, you'll enjoy this one.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

That wonderfully lazy egg, Gudetama is back dispensing love advice for the Lost and lonely.
Cat problems? Juice problems? The good egg has you covered, y'know, after a nap.
Tierra
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, silly, all around good fun with a bit of a bite. It's all nonsense mostly but there are some hidden gems in the advice. I loved the art style and hope bright and colorful everything was. For the first moment it prepares you to not take it serious. But the "story" is still compelling.

Thank you netgalley for providing me with a free copy.
Beth Younge
This was a cute little comic. It didn't blow me away but i did like reading about Gudetama and his adventures as he is super cute.

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Aftin Combs
Dec 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This was cute and fast. Gudetama was as lazy and squishy looking as ever. The story's beats were funny and enjoyable. Probably won't stick with me very long though.
Jess Smiley
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charming, adorable, and freaking hilarious! Wook-Jin Clark has made a wonderful thing and that thing is this. Read it, laugh with it, and be ready to OBSESS over it. -Jess Smart Smiley

• Dewdrop
  • Stephen Hawking (Pequeño & GRANDE, #2)
  • The Awkward Yeti Presents: How I Broke Up with My Colon: Fascinating, Bizarre, and True Health Stories
  • Muhammad Ali (Pequeño & GRANDE, #1)
  • War and Peas: Funny Comics for Dirty Lovers
  • Warriors, Witches, Women: Mythology's Fiercest Females
  • The Mrs. Frollein Collection: Small Hours
  • David Attenborough
  • Queer Heroes: Meet 53 LGBTQ Heroes From Past and Present!
  • Darling Rose Gold
  • Maria Montessori
  • Snug: A Collection of Comics about Dating Your Best Friend
  • Greta and the Giants: inspired by Greta Thunberg's stand to save the world
  • Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Music Is My Life: Soundtrack your mood with 80 artists for every occasion
  • Heir of Lies (Black Dawn Series Book One)
  • Aster of Pan V1