Start by marking “Influence of Love” as Want to Read:
Influence of Love

Influence of Love

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  23 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Ariel is an angel known as a Light Influencer. Her duty is to guide mortals toward the light. It is a job she takes to heart.

Kale is her opposite, a demon who seeks to corrupt mortals. He doesn't take his duty seriously, more interested in goofing off than the war between the angels and demons.

They are opposites in every way, but something draws the
Published (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Influence of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Influence of Love

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Influence of Love
John
Oct 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In one word: cute. I love the concept of taking the angel-and-devil characters seen in old cartoons, putting them on someone's shoulder, and then seeing what would really happen. I think it needed more room to develop the romance entirely - more interaction between the characters, mainly - but overall it was an enjoyable read. My main issue was that the story ended around the 50% mark of the Kindle version, the other half being taken up by a book excerpt. That annoyed me to some degree, even tho ...more
M.B. Mulhall
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An enjoyable short about an unusual topic. Well, not that love is unusual, but the types of characters are. I'd love to see this expanded into something longer someday. Maybe some human will have the power to notice them and will flick Kale off their shoulder when he tries to make them get fat by eating nothing by junk food! :D
Crystal Gray
Jul 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure what I just read

I honestly don't know why I read this. Only good thing about it is that it was short. Don't bother.
Mitsy
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-story
Love it! Influence Of Love is so sweet and different! Two Influencers, one angel and one demon, develop feelings for each other! How unusual! I would definitely read more.
Jessica Cheramie
Really would give this a 3.5 rating.
Such a great idea. I've never read anything like it before. Being a short story, I felt like I was able to get to know Kale and Ariel. How creative to write a story about the devil and the angel that sit on our shoulders! Then, to top it off, forbidden love between them. Gotta love forbidden love.

Short stories are tricky to write. I think a short story about love is even trickier. While the characters were well written, the plot was a little
Christine Rains
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ariel sits on James' left shoulder with a grand seriousness about her job as an angelic influencer. Kale sits on the right shoulder with a glint of mischief in his grin. They're opposites in every way, but there's something that draws them together.

What an amazingly fun and cute short story. I love the idea of what the little angels and devils on our shoulders who whisper into our ears are thinking, and how they relate to one another. I'd really like to see more in this series. Hint,
Jen (at last!)
Dec 20, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: claire
While a cute premise, I found the writing VERY choppy. I had to go back and read parts over again because the author would switch things without letting the reader know why. I found myself asking, "wait, when did that happen?" and then I would realize that the author just skipped it. Weird. Like I said, cute premise, but still needs lots of work.
Filipa
Interesting concept and truly original but it needed much more development. The romance was cute although - yes, you guessed it - very short.
Aimee
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
short story, interesting premise, kinda sweet. it wasn't long enough for me to feel invested in either character. perhaps i should stick to longer stories.
Kat
Margaret
rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2011
Carmen
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2014
Feb 06, 2017
Shelley King
is currently reading it
Nov 24, 2018
Patricia Josephine is a writer of Urban Fantasy and Sci-Fi Romance books. She actually never set out to become a writer, and in fact, she was more interested in art and band in high school and college On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head and began learning all she could about writing. That was the start of it, and she hasn't regretted a moment. When she's not writing, she's watch ...more
“I would like it very much if you pulled on something of mine.” Kale” 3 likes