Start by marking “The Other Brother: A Billionaire Romance (Beta Brothers #4)” as Want to Read:
The Other Brother: A Billionaire Romance (Beta Brothers #4)

The Other Brother: A Billionaire Romance

(Beta Brothers #4)

I never imagined I’d hit rock bottom.

To be honest, the only thing I expected less was him.

From the moment our eyes met across the zucchini, something woke in me and started dusting away the cobwebs I’d let gather around my heart.

Not that there was anything loveable about the guy. He was gentle as a scorpion when I met him, and his venomous words stung me more than once.
Published July 4th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Other Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Brother

Amy Dickinson
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hazel Kelly is a new author to me. I found her through an ARC service, as I received an ARC of this book, The Other Brother, for an honest review. I love to find new authors to me especially when they have written a book that I've fallen in love with. And that is the case of The Other Brother. I fell quickly in love with Piper and Ash.

Obviously, it would have been nice to have read the other books in her line up of books. Kelly throws around the names of other characters whom she has introduced
Lindsay
As I finished this book, I went and checked out the other ratings of this book to see if anyone else was feeling the same way about this book. What I found out is, I'm in the minority. This book just didn't work for me. It was just ok.

The book actually started out pretty great. The author did a great job setting up the characters. Showing their lives, the meet cute (more on this in a second) and the job offer. But somewhere along the line, things just…went south for me.

So, the meet-cute.

Let th
READ ME ROMANCE
Shelves: finished
I am a fan of Hazel Kelly and highly recommend The Other Brother. Ash Warburton, is a hero to me and not the beast as described by others. He started a successful company with his own smarts and vision; was not pretentious, loved his sister and niece; was demanding with high expectations, but treated people with respect; he wasn’t a player and was really a homebody when not at work, and was loving, giving, and generous. He suffered from a betrayal and broken heart from long ago which made him a ...more
Atlanta Whitlock
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know for a fact that whenever I am in a slump or something I can always count on one of Hazel Kelly’s books to cheer me right up and yet again she has done another amazing job. I always tend to feel a little better after reading her work and this book had me so drawn in and made me forget about what was happening in the real world for a few hours and I loved that. Hazel knows what her readers want and knows how to deliver such incredible stories. The one thing that I loved more than anything i ...more
Marisa Scolamiero
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book!! Piper and Ash were a fantastic pair. I loved how they kept bumping into each other and how taken with each other they both were. Ash is a no nonsense guy who knows what he wants and what he likes. Piper is struggling to get by and while she has dreams of owning her own restaurant it seems so far out of her grasp she hopes that she is able to hold her head above water with the two jobs she's keeping so that she doesn't starve. When Ash offers her a job to be his per ...more
Melissa
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read I couldn’t put down

Hazel Kelly is one of my go to authors and I was surprised by this book’s release, like an unexpected gift. I read it all in one sitting. I have a soft spot for reimagined fairy tales and this was one of the better versions of this story I’ve read. There were a few things I didn’t quite get closure on with this story, though, and I hope Hazel releases a bonus chapter or something to give better closure to Ash’s desire for family, and more about his sister and niec
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2.5 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 2.5 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

The Other Brother is the fourth book in the Beta Brothers series and a complete standalone romance. Each book in the series focuses on a different brother from the Beta Fraternity house. Unlike the other books, this story takes place outside of the college, and it tells the story of Ash Warburton, who is a very successful businessman. He doesn’t trust very easily and still dealing with the fallout from his last r
Space Cowgirl
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Personal Chef🍱🍣 to the Billionaire💰

Okay, so this is a fantasy🐉🌈...
The Author has outspoken Piper💃💋 asking for a $10,000 salary per month as a live in personal chef to Ash🐺🍆⛲💰, a handsome young billionaire, when she is barely scraping by. This is NYC, but I was amazed.

The chances of Piper💃💋 meeting Ash🐺🍆⛲💰 twice in two days was an amazing coincidence, too. First she talks to him at an upscale grocery, then when she substitutes as a caterer🍱🍣 at an art gallery showing, he talks to her.

Before As
Linda
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the book blurb. It really sets the tone for this emotional, absorbing romance that hooked me from page one. Part of me wishes I had read book one of the series before reading this one because I would love to know more of what happened in Piper's life that got her to this point but from the reviews I read it doesn't sound as if she was the most likable character so maybe I am better off not knowing. In this book I find her to be a very sympathetic character and I liked her a lot. The same ...more
Bel
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always know I'm in for a treat whenever Hazel releases a new story. Her writing is emotional and heartfelt and I always feel like I'm living the journey with the main characters. I loved the fairytale theme throughout and the references to some of my other favourite characters from her past stories.

Piper has not had it easy, she is pretty much at rock bottom when the opportunity of a lifetime gets presented to her, it's an offer she can't refuse. Ash is a reclusive billionaire who has been bu
Ashley Cestra
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have never read this author before but boy did I enjoy this story! I have a soft spot for billionaire/ modern day Cinderella stories and this one hit me in the right spot, I giggled and swooned, and even got a little testy eyed! The character development was great! And I loved the build up she had going for the better part of the story. I wasn’t bored while reading, and even the sex scenes were steamy! I also really enjoyed how this wasn’t ALLL about sex. There was depth to the characters and ...more
Jo
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't be fooled by the mention of the Beast - this is no straightforward "Beauty & the Beast" retelling.  OK, so there's a grumpy male protagonist who's something of a loner.  And there's a library.  Oh, and an unhappy romantic history for both of them.  OK, so maybe there are more similarities than I thought.  But don't discount this book.

The telling of this tale is straightforward.  And actually, in the context of this relationship, the story benefits from that narrative voice.  The focus
JudyAnnLovesBooks
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh.My.God. Ash and Piper, two incredible characters. She’s full of hidden depths that come to the surface slowly as the story develops. He’s surly and cocky with a painful past. Piper is struggling to survive but she never gives up on her dream of opening a restaurant. After a chance encounter Ash decides to hire her as his personal chef. They are a perfectly matched pair, but getting together is one hell of a ride. This is an incredible story that I couldn’t wait to see through to the end. As a ...more
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
The Other Brother was my first Hazel Kelly novel. Right about now I'm kicking myself, wondering what took me so long. Ash and Piper turn Cinderella and Prince Charming on their heads to create a more mature picture of what love can be. He's nursing a broken heart. She's searching for a soft place to land. Ash is a beast to get to know, but a pleasure to give your heart to. Piper is a work in progress. She stormed into my heart from the first and hasn't let go since. It was love at first chapter ...more
Margery Baker
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful as always
Billionaire meets aspiring chef over a zucchini in the grocery store. He notices she has some bruises, which disturbs him greatly. Shortly thereafter he is in need of a personal chef, and remembers her. Piper and Ash are strong characters, and both are willing to fight and work hard for what they want for themselves and each other. A great summer read that will leave you with the “warm fuzzies”.
I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
BP34
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book that was an addition to the Beta Brothers series but is a standalone. This was Ash and Piper's story but it included characters from other books in the series. I have not read any other books in the series and this did not confuse me. But some of the characters were interesting enough that I plan to go back and read the other books in the series soon. Well written with strong characters and an entertaining read. I read an arc and voluntarily chose to review.
Netta Overhulser
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If your a fan of Hazel's books, you'll certainly appreciate how she brought characters in from previous series into Ash and Pipers story! I absolutely loved how they came together, but of course they had their own rollercoaster to ride before their happily ever after. The storyline is addictive, in fact I stayed up all night because I couldn't find a good place to put it down. A most definite to add to your read list.

I received an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.
Jill  Kirtley
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m loving this Beta Brothers series by Hazel Kelly, and The Other Brother is no exception. It has everything from red hot chemistry and sexual tension so thick you could cut it with a knife, to wonderful witty banter that at times is laugh out loud funny.
Ash and Piper’s story has its ups and downs, but it’s fantastic, fun, sexy, and a joy to read. And if all that’s not enough, if you’re a long time fan of HK’s there’s lots of exciting surprises along the way.
Kris
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love love love when your fav characters make cameos...Hazel did it again..The Chemistry is electric from the word “Zucchini”...What is not to love about Piper and Ash both trying to survive, to guarded and broken to realize their own worth, or let anyone in...
Hazel speaks romantically broken 2nd chances like no one else.. insert swoon
Jacqueline Ellison
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great storyline and characters that kept me entertained. Hazel Kelly is a new author for me, I liked her writing style. A billionaire who helps a woman down on her luck. Ash and Piper have sizzling chemistry once they give into the attraction. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Bobbie
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily review an ARC of this book. This is a well written book. Characters are strong. Ash and
Piper have sizzling hot chemistry. This book will tug at your heart strings. Both characters have things from their past that make them the strong people they become. This story is hot, sexy, and emotional.
Elle Draper
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Normally with Hazel's books - I'm head over heels in love with the male character within a page or two. This one was different. This time it was the female character (Piper) who grabbed my attention. Her background seemed so similar to my own that I really identified with her.
Of course I fell in love with Ash too - it wouldn't have been a Hazel Kelly book otherwise eh?!
Tiffany
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m really enjoying this series of Hazel’s. I love her other series as well so I knew going in I would be sure to like this one as well. And I definitely do. Can’t wait for more!
I did receive an ARC, but all opinions are my own.
Melissa
Jul 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: hidden-arc
So it bothers me that the title has no relation to the story whatsoever. It's a so so book, nothing to write about though if I'm being honest.
I'm voluntarily reviewing this after receiving a free copy from Hidden Arcs.
Lisa H
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It all started with a zucchini.

Piper is at her lowest.
Ash is bored and restless.

This isn’t your ordinary spin on Beauty and the Beast. Nope. Because it’s Hazel Kelly, it’s a nuanced, multi layered story.
And who would love Ash? Who’s not quite a beast?
Recommend.
Purchased.
Jenn A
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was a cute story. I feel like it was a nice continuation of the others in the series. It even had some familiar characters come into the story which I enjoyed. I liked Ash and Piper and how they came to be. All in all it was a cute story.
I was given and ARC copy for and honest review.
Belinda Hayes
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ash and Piper's story was wonderful! The story was really entertaining and easy to read and the characters had good chemistry. The story was well written and fun. I would definitely recommend it.

I voluntarily reviewed a ARC
Barbara
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
The fourth book in the Beta Brothers series a well written story that held my interest from cover to cover. I enjoyed reading Piper and Ash's story. I received a copy of this book through Hidden Gems and I am voluntarily reviewing it.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story and was very entertaining. Once I started I could not put it down. The chemistry between the hero and heroine is sizzling hot. I would recommend this to anyone that loves a great love story.
Teresa Trahan
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this book, in the beginning I was sucked in, but the further I read the more it just fell for me. It didn’t keep my attention as much toward the end. But overall I believe this was a good read.
Hazel Kelly is an Amazon bestselling author who writes sweet and steamy romance that will make you smile all over.

When she's not traveling the globe in search of cozy hammocks to write in, she enjoys tackling her tbr list with a nice big glass of anything will do. She lives in Dublin with a charming Irishman and their three-legged furbaby.

For updates (and warm fuzzies!) follow Hazel on:
Facebook➜

Beta Brothers (4 books)
  • My Best Friend's Ex
  • Friends with Benefits (Beta Brothers, #2)
  • Professor with Benefits (Beta Brothers #3)